George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 19 EmptyToday at 09:59 by party animal - not!

»  George filming new film in UK
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 19 EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 19 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 19 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 19 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 19 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 19 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 19 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 19 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2

+39
Vi
cooksie
lovelylois
Astras
EEOsandy
party animal - not!
adgran
janieb
silly girl
Aly
Atalante
theminis
Lakin460
sisieq
blubelle
pattygirl
barla
cindigirl
carpediem
Merlin
watching
Joanna
annemarie
bellybaby
doris day
melbert
Cinderella
it's me
Dexterdidit
lucy
MM
Pari
lelacorb
madsky
Katiedot
socimar
The next mrs clooney
George Fan
fava
43 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 19 Empty Re: What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2

Post by annemarie Sun 27 May 2012, 22:16

I wish her luck with that dream. The fact is she is one of thousands who want to break in Hollywood. The sad thing about Hollywood is that the older you get the less parts there are for you to do. She is already old in their terms . She is competing against younger actresses who may be more talented than she is .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 19 Empty Re: What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2

Post by The next mrs clooney Sun 27 May 2012, 22:18

That is what I mean by saying that Elisabetta is too old to START in Hollywood at age 34. People don’t know her like they knew Paris and Lindsay and were not in the business for 40 years in this country like Estelle Getty although not so successful in her early years.
[/quote]

But she has already started in Hollywood so maybe her fame will come late like Estelle Getty. I would think she is realistic in what she can achieve and I'm sure she doesn't see herself as the next Meryl Streep. Don't put someone down for following their dreams. There is no age limit on dreaming.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Sun 27 May 2012, 23:01

The next mrs clooney wrote:That is what I mean by saying that Elisabetta is too old to START in Hollywood at age 34. People don’t know her like they knew Paris and Lindsay and were not in the business for 40 years in this country like Estelle Getty although not so successful in her early years.

But she has already started in Hollywood so maybe her fame will come late like Estelle Getty. I would think she is realistic in what she can achieve and I'm sure she doesn't see herself as the next Meryl Streep. Don't put someone down for following their dreams. There is no age limit on dreaming.[/quote]

I think more like a "dream" is a defiance against George Clooney. " I came to LA with you to break it in Hollywood and I will succeed with or without you". That would explain why she keeps living in LA, not doing much there except going to the gym twice a week, acting and English classes (I hope she is still going) but to work she has to go to Italy. She just came back after a very tiring 3 weeks there where she was flying all over the place, Milan, Dominican Republic, Milan, Rome, 8 hrs overnight trip by car to Nice, back to Rome and LA via Germany....and now she has to go back in 3 weeks to shoot an ad and she has been telling a friend today that she will be there later on this summer. If she had stayed in Italy as Ali pointed out in that article earlier in the day, with the publicity that she got by being George GF for 2 years she would have become a star in Italy because people have known her since she was a teenager, she can be funny and speaking her own language would have helped.
socimar
socimar
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 28 May 2012, 06:07

socimar wrote:
lelacorb wrote:We are so sure that she wants to break in Hollywood? I seem to live well without break? and whether the reasons of why he chose to live in Hollywood were others? I do not seem to do much to make it to Hollywood, I have not seen specimens I do think she has another activity

Oh yes, we are sure that her dream, her goal, is to break it in Hollywood, she said it in Rimini and she said when she came for the Pantene photoshoot

Elisabetta Canalis has landed again in Milan. Do not worry: she promised that her "mission" is breaking in US and has no intention of leaving Los Angeles for the more modest Italian province of Milan.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What the press writes is not what she said, she said that for now wants to live in Los Angeles and has plans but did not speak of her projects. In a year that Los Angeles has not done a test and how you can break through in Hollywood without doing auditions?

lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Mon 28 May 2012, 10:45

Lela - I'm sure there have been pap shots of her in LA that the photo agencies have credited as her leaving castings. I am pretty sure she has been auditioning whilst taking English and acting classes.

And for Memorial Day weekend, another Betty in a bikini on the beach twitter shot has been posted on her twitter account. How long till the Italian press do a write up??

Link
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 28 May 2012, 11:03

watching wrote:Lela - I'm sure there have been pap shots of her in LA that the photo agencies have credited as her leaving castings. I am pretty sure she has been auditioning whilst taking English and acting classes.

And for Memorial Day weekend, another Betty in a bikini on the beach twitter shot has been posted on her twitter account. How long till the Italian press do a write up??

Link

English courses if you do not speak the language well and want to work in America are also required if you want the clerk at the bank and its pictures are not twitt surely find work as an actress is possible that in one year did not do? She has many followers on twitter but they are almost all Italians can gain something from this? If you want to break Hllywood should make many specimens, and instead frequenre certain circles when he has the opportunity to attend parties where people could learn important (see Cannes) she leaves and returns to Cannes in America while all his friends who live in Los Angeles are there . Well to me there seems to be chasing success at all costs!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Mon 28 May 2012, 12:52

lelacorb wrote:
watching wrote:Lela - I'm sure there have been pap shots of her in LA that the photo agencies have credited as her leaving castings. I am pretty sure she has been auditioning whilst taking English and acting classes.

Link

English courses if you do not speak the language well and want to work in America are also required if you want the clerk at the bank and its pictures are not twitt surely find work as an actress is possible that in one year did not do? She has many followers on twitter but they are almost all Italians can gain something from this? If you want to break Hllywood should make many specimens, and instead frequenre certain circles when he has the opportunity to attend parties where people could learn important (see Cannes) she leaves and returns to Cannes in America while all his friends who live in Los Angeles are there . Well to me there seems to be chasing success at all costs!

Lela,
I believe that the reason why she left Cannes so early was that she had to move out from her old apartment into the new one by the end of the month, that's what generally happens in the United States when your lease is up and you have to move out, it is always at the end of the month...and that's why she brought Maura Camilla Cocco with her to help her out...and she is still there.

By the way the picture in bikini in Malibu that she took of herself and posted on Twitter yesterday had a comment from an Italian, so other Italians think that she is not serious about looking for a job, she seems to be on a long term vacations to keep up with her tan:

Severo Di Palermo3 hours ago
lavorare niente, eh? Razz
8:57 PM - 27 May 12 via WhoSay · Details
Working..nothing, right?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 28 May 2012, 14:03

socimar wrote:
lelacorb wrote:

Link

Lela,
I believe that the reason why she left Cannes so early was that she had to move out from her old apartment into the new one by the end of the month, that's what generally happens in the United States when your lease is up and you have to move out, it is always at the end of the month...and that's why she brought Maura Camilla Cocco with her to help her out...and she is still there.

By the way the picture in bikini in Malibu that she took of herself and posted on Twitter yesterday had a comment from an Italian, so other Italians think that she is not serious about looking for a job, she seems to be on a long term vacations to keep up with her tan:

Working..nothing, right?

Even in Italy as I believe the world is left a house for rent later this month, but later this month that 31.5 is not yet arrived, and she seems to have trasloccato in one day if he had fun in Cannes voltuto had all the time! I have no doubt that the fun of Los Angeles, I doubt that will make it to Hollywood! It seems to me that the very interests that do not break, or better sti doing nothing to break

lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 28 May 2012, 15:04

probably the angle of the pic, but she looks a bit "bloated". Actually, no ribs showing either. Looks GOOD!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 28 May 2012, 16:04

Melbert I'll explain a secret if a woman wants to show her ribs should only raise your back, this is not possible if you are overweight
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 28 May 2012, 16:15

Ely in Malibu 27. 5
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 28 May 2012, 16:39

Same beach that the red head & GTC had their photo session on
do you think ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 28 May 2012, 16:51

hahaha! She may be looking for George's phone as he may have dropped it!!!

Lela, I haven't seen my ribs in 100 years. Just thought the pic looked like she put a little meat on her bones.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by George Fan Mon 28 May 2012, 16:57

Oooooh, the same beach as George in that advertisement he did. I love conspiracy theories. Maybe she will "rescue" that dog away from him that he was playing with. That's one way to get back at him.

George Fan
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Mon 28 May 2012, 17:06

socimar wrote:
lelacorb wrote:

Link

Lela,

Working..nothing, right?

It's memorial day weekend, most of the US are at the beach don't think there are many auditions going on this weekend.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 28 May 2012, 20:37

George Fan wrote:Oooooh, the same beach as George in that advertisement he did. I love conspiracy theories. Maybe she will "rescue" that dog away from him that he was playing with. That's one way to get back at him.
I do not think the hearings of the weekend but to those of a year, because now is a year that Ely lives in Los Angeles but I do not think I've auditioned!

lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 28 May 2012, 20:56

ELISABETTA CANALIS IS AN UNCONVENTIONAL HIKER BABE
Posted on Mon May 28, 2012 11:30 AM PDT

That's not exactly what we picture when we think of a workout outfit, but does it really matter when you're this smoking hot?!
Elisabetta Canalis accompanied a pregnant pal on a hike in Malibu on Sunday, and the Italian stunner chose to wear booty shorts, a bikini, and ballet flats for her exercise excursion. George Clooney's former lady love must have wanted to show him what he's missing!
The Italian TV host was relatively unknown in Hollywood until she dated Gorgeous George, but after her stint on Dancing with the Stars and a brief relationship with Jackass star Steve-O, the brunette beauty's star has definitely been on the rise!
Miss Canalis recently took time out of her busy schedule to film a spoof with Dictator star Sasha Baron Cohen while in Cannes, so we have to wonder... is she looking to add actress to her resume?
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 28 May 2012, 21:00

ELISABETTA CANALIS IS AN UNCONVENTIONAL HIKER BABE
Posted on Mon May 28, 2012 11:30 AM PDT

That's not exactly what we picture when we think of a workout outfit, but does it really matter when you're this smoking hot?!
Elisabetta Canalis accompanied a pregnant pal on a hike in Malibu on Sunday, and the Italian stunner chose to wear booty shorts, a bikini, and ballet flats for her exercise excursion. George Clooney's former lady love must have wanted to show him what he's missing!
The Italian TV host was relatively unknown in Hollywood until she dated Gorgeous George, but after her stint on Dancing with the Stars and a brief relationship with Jackass star Steve-O, the brunette beauty's star has definitely been on the rise!
Miss Canalis recently took time out of her busy schedule to film a spoof with Dictator star Sasha Baron Cohen while in Cannes, so we have to wonder... is she looking to add actress to her resume?
[url=http://www.x17online.com/gallery/view_gallery.php?
Pics at link gallery=ECanalis052712_X17][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Mon 28 May 2012, 21:36

Lela,
the pregnant lady is Linda Ferro (@lendaferro) and the guy is Linda's boyfriend. They are going to the beach not hiking as the article is saying (you don'y hike in flip flops or ballerina shoes) and as you can see, Elisabetta is wearing the same bikini that she is wearing in the picture that she uploaded in Twitter herself yesterday.

Linda is probably the closest friend of Elisabetta since she was already living inLA when Elisabetta arrived.

Linda is the US representative for Kangen Water® (Kangen Water® is water created from Enagic's innovative water technology. These devices filter your tap water, and they also produce ionized alkaline and acidic waters through electrolysis). She is also 100% vegetarian, very health conscious and she is the one who introduced Elisabetta to Peta when she first arrived to the US. The whole group was in Santa Monica before Elisabetta went to Italy a few weeks ago:

socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 29 May 2012, 16:11

Elisabetta Canalis: Clooney and 'prehistory
I want a man who asked me to marry him

Rome - Elisabetta Canalis interviewed by Chi said: "I want a man who asked me to marry him." The weekly directed by Maria Latella, on newsstands tomorrow, has collected an interview of the former tissue. Some statements from the past of the showgirl ripescano figures such as Vieri, which says that "for years, 'just a friend", Clooney or that, and Elizabeth' "prehistory."

Canalis speaks wistfully of her former flame Steve O from Jackass stuntman known American program, which has had a relationship ended a few months. "On our separation have been written poisonous things. Even I had a bad influence on him. In reality 'if you are a person with addiction problems who had Steve you must be ready to live his life,' cause he you can not 'share. To him many normal things are unbearable temptations. "

Continue the showgirl: "If we went out with my friends, even the fact that there was a bottle of wine on the table was a stress." All gone? No. "I miss, I find myself shopping for two. Sometimes I think we should try again. According to America with him I realized that saying 'I love you' does not make you more 'weak, indeed, makes you feel more' free and strong. "http://www.voceditalia.it/articolo.asp?id=81782&titolo=Elisabetta%20Canalis%20Clooney%20e'%20preistoria
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Tue 29 May 2012, 16:30

I found the same article on another site, more or less it sound the same but it proves that she was and is still in love with Steve-O:

Elisabetta Canalis: I am looking for a man who will ask me to marry him:

In an interview with the weekly A magazine, directed by Maria Latella, the showgirl Elisabetta Canalis discusses her most intimate feelings and admits that what she is looking for is: "A man who asks me to marry him." The showgirl confirms once again that with Vieri there is nothing going on, "Christian has been just a friend for years." And as George Clooney is concerned: "That to me is prehistory."
The showgirl instead speaks with regrets of Steve-O, the stuntman of the American TV show Jackass with whom she had a love story which ended over a couple of months ago. On our separation poisonous things have been written. Even that I had a bad influence on him. In fact if you are a person with addiction problems like Steve had you must be ready to live his life, because he cannot share your own. To him many normal things are unbearable temptations.
If we went out with my friends, even the fact that there was a bottle of wine on the table was a stress.
"All finished then? "I miss him, I still find myself shopping for two. Sometimes I think we should try again. Living with him in America I realized that saying 'I love you' does not make you weaker, indeed, makes you feel freer and stronger. "
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by George Fan Tue 29 May 2012, 17:57

I don't think she is in love with Steve-O. I think she is in love with the concept of love. Infatuated maybe at one point, but it never made it past that stage. It certainly in the relationship didn't make it past the stresses of wine bottles on the table. She admits that.

Steve-O CHOKED on the words when asked in a Toronto interview point blank if he loved her. Another confirmed PLAYER like George. Completely non-committal.

That biological clock ticking is sounding like a loud gong now.

Something that will probably start happening to Stacy as well one of these days. These women all have to figure out what they really want in life and quit wasting so much of their precious lives with these confirmed bachelors.

George Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Aly Tue 29 May 2012, 19:35

oh poor Elisabetta ,Steve o must hurt her so much that she had to come with explanation,but i think if it was only the bottle of wine stress they could have possibly made it ,?! but i think that may be she is not alcoholic but Elisabetta have drinking ways that can hurt Steve o ,if she was too normal like she claims why Steve o had trouble with it ? he must knew in the very start of dating that she is drinking and not vegetarian and that wasn't problem for him and they continue dating "going cirque du solie , break fast , hair salon ,.."
way before there was real pic about there thing but as they got closer to each other's more and more he must find out she have bad habits of drinking that can hurt him ,it just actually "Elisabetta claim " doesn't make sense .
Aly
Aly
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Tue 29 May 2012, 19:38

Completely agree with George Fan, the words maybe different but they sound the same as they did in 2010 when she talk of love. Just changed the name of the man. Nothing wrong with not wanting marriage and children if you are being honest about it, most of these women change their minds depending on how the men they date think!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 29 May 2012, 19:45

Aly wrote:oh poor Elisabetta ,Steve o must hurt her so much that she had to come with explanation,but i think if it was only the bottle of wine stress they could have possibly made it ,?! but i think that may be she is not alcoholic but Elisabetta have drinking ways that can hurt Steve o ,if she was too normal like she claims why Steve o had trouble with it ? he must knew in the very start of dating that she is drinking and not vegetarian and that wasn't problem for him and they continue dating "going cirque du solie , break fast , hair salon ,.."
way before there was real pic about there thing but as they got closer to each other's more and more he must find out she have bad habits of drinking that can hurt him ,it just actually "Elisabetta claim " doesn't make sense .
Sadly people like Steve-O are people who want to get out of addiction, but were unsuccessful. If a person decides to leave the alcohol dependence and is convinced of his choice is not afraid of a bottle of wine on the table, those who quit smoking and is convinced of his choice can not think of not meeting a person who smokes. I smoke and I have friends who have quit, but have no problem if I smoke a cigarette! Steve did not solve his addiction and hope for Ely that his path does not cross over to Steve!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Aly Tue 29 May 2012, 19:49

lelacorb wrote:
Aly wrote:oh poor Elisabetta ,Steve o must hurt her so much that she had to come with explanation,but i think if it was only the bottle of wine stress they could have possibly made it ,?! but i think that may be she is not alcoholic but Elisabetta have drinking ways that can hurt Steve o ,if she was too normal like she claims why Steve o had trouble with it ? he must knew in the very start of dating that she is drinking and not vegetarian and that wasn't problem for him and they continue dating "going cirque du solie , break fast , hair salon ,.."
Sadly people like Steve-O are people who want to get out of addiction, but were unsuccessful. If a person decides to leave the alcohol dependence and is convinced of his choice is not afraid of a bottle of wine on the table, those who quit smoking and is convinced of his choice can not think of not meeting a person who smokes. I smoke and I have friends who have quit, but have no problem if I smoke a cigarette! Steve did not solve his addiction and hope for Ely that his path does not cross over to Steve!

no, not really ,i don't agree if Steve o didn't solve his addiction he would be drunk now but what happened he broke up with Elisabetta to keep his sobrietysteve o seem so stable and not horrified and in stress from bottle of wine as Elisabetta claiming !!!!

Last edited by Aly on Tue 29 May 2012, 19:52; edited 1 time in total
Aly
Aly

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 29 May 2012, 19:52

Aly wrote:
lelacorb wrote:

no, not really ,i don't agree if Steve o didn't solve his addiction he would be drunk now but what happened he broke up with Elisabetta to keep his sobriety

There is a big difference between drinking a glass of wine and be alcoholics do not you think?
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Aly Tue 29 May 2012, 19:54

i don't believe Elisabetta her words doesn't make sense .

if she doesn't drink heavily why would be such stress for styeve o ,don't you think ?

if she pick glass of wine wouldn't be trouble for him especially he quiet drinking a big while ago so he is not new in that the worst for him had passed but may be she was getting him in to some thing he hate to live again ,so you want to say that Elisabetta normal drinking scared the alcoholic Steve o, if it is like what you say Steve o would left Hollywood already !!! ?

Last edited by Aly on Tue 29 May 2012, 20:01; edited 1 time in total
Aly
Aly

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Tue 29 May 2012, 19:56

Having friends that drink or do drugs, or even working in clubs where people are drinking may be different than living with someone who drinks etc. it may have been to much temptation for him. But what I really think is it is a good excuse to break up with her, at least it happen quick and didn't last for 2 years. Eli is better off without that hot mess of a man.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 29 May 2012, 20:13

Aly wrote:i don't believe Elisabetta her words doesn't make sense .

if she doesn't drink heavily why would be such stress for styeve o ,don't you think ?

if she pick glass of wine wouldn't be trouble for him especially he quiet drinking a big while ago so he is not new in that the worst for him had passed but may be she was getting him in to some thing he hate to live again ,so you want to say that Elisabetta normal drinking scared the alcoholic Steve o, if it is like what you say Steve o would left Hollywood already !!! ?

Like all alcoholics and drug addicts will be in analysis and live far away from any temptation
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Tue 29 May 2012, 20:14

lelacorb wrote: There is a big difference between drinking a glass of wine and be alcoholics do not you think?

No, if you are like Steve-O a recovering alcoholic you will be an alcoholic for the rest of your life; you have to make life adjustments so you don't fall back in your usual pattern. The article below is from the Betty Ford Center which is the #1 rehabilitation center for alcoholics in the US.

Question: Why do alcoholics say that they are still alcoholics after 15 or 20 years of continuous sobriety?

Answer: Alcoholics take very seriously reports of experience.

They have heard and believe that when an alcoholic starts to drink after many years of continuous abstinence the pattern of drinking reverts very rapidly to the same compulsive, loss-of-control drinking that existed before becoming sober.

There is a neurobiological reason for this. Special nerve pathways in the brain were highly and permanently sensitized to alcohol by earlier heavy drinking. Even the smallest amount of alcohol after many sober years will inevitably set into motion an irreversible cascade of mental and physical events.

The first is euphoric recall, that vivid expectation of “how good a few drinks” can be. The second is obsession, or being unable to think about anything else but drinking. The third is compulsion, an overpowering, irresistible urge to “go ahead and drink.” The fourth is physical craving a need, beyond desire, to drink alcohol. All of these events take place in the brain.

Many persons who had long-term sobriety and relapse are elderly. Because experience has shown it is so hard to reestablish abstinence in the late relapse, many quietly drink themselves to death.

Although a person in recovery may have gotten used to being a “non-drinker” for years, there lays beneath the surface of his or her consciousness what neuro-scientists now call Chronic Relapsing Brain Disease.

We do know that those who respect the power of the disease continue to go to AA meetings for as long as they have the disease. The disease is lifelong, but so is sobriety for those who remember that reality.

socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Tue 29 May 2012, 20:26

lucy wrote:Having friends that drink or do drugs, or even working in clubs where people are drinking may be different than living with someone who drinks etc. it may have been to much temptation for him. But what I really think is it is a good excuse to break up with her, at least it happen quick and didn't last for 2 years. Eli is better off without that hot mess of a man.

Yes, I agree that when Steve-O said that he could not tolerate Eli and her friends drinking wine or other drinks at dinner because it got him so stressed out was just an excuse. Although this may be true for recovering alcoholics (they have to avoid being with someone who drinks for some neurobiological reason that I explained above) I think that Steve-O as he has repeatedly said in interviews after the breakup with Elisabetta, he is in the business he is because of "free money and naked chicks". He was ready for the next naked chick which I believe he found plenty in Toronto where he went a week after the breakup. Eli falls in love too deeply and too soon and according to some she can also be very possessive. The writing of the words TI AMO SEMPRE (I love you always) written with a crayon by Elisabetta in a fast food restaurant she was with Steve and later posted the picture on Twitter might have scared Steve away.
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by George Fan Tue 29 May 2012, 20:42

It's interesting you say that the "I love you always" to Steve scared HIM away. That is a strong possibility from a guy with a naked chicks view of women. Great observation and almost a Karma effect, what goes around comes around with Mehcad she called him "clingy" you know have the milk without buying the cow. I think she read Mehcad NO WAY was he the marrying kind. It scared HER away from Mehcad. Funny how life does that to us. Well hopefully in all this, live and learn.

George Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 29 May 2012, 20:49

Hi socimar - thanks for the interesting points on alcoholism. When I was married I liked to drink (for obvious reasons) and was branded an alcoholic. I actually thought I was and went to some AA meetings. One of the sayings in AA meetings is 'one drink is too much and a thousand is not enough.'

That's true for alcoholics (I've seen it happen). It's not good for them to be around alcohol at all (it's called playing on the railroad tracks) But now I can enjoy a glass of wine with dinner and sometimes don't finish it. My friend says "you're a poor excuse for an alcoholic." LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 29 May 2012, 20:58

Not I would never go to dinner with an alcoholic can not withstand a potri pepper fillet without a glass of red or spaghetti with scampi without a good glass of white these are the pleasures of the table! Ely I think you went well,You do not seem appropriate to make sacrifices!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Tue 29 May 2012, 21:09

lelacorb wrote:Not I would never go to dinner with an alcoholic can not withstand a potri pepper fillet without a glass of red or spaghetti with scampi without a good glass of white these are the pleasures of the table! Ely I think you went well,You do not seem appropriate to make sacrifices!

Lela,
I agree with you on that, spaghetti with scampi without a glass of chilled white wine is not the same, the two go together.... otherwise... might as well have a hamburger with a pepsi or a coke.
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 29 May 2012, 21:16

[quote="socimar"]
lelacorb wrote:Not I would never go to dinner with an alcoholic can not withstand a potri pepper fillet without a glass of red or spaghetti with scampi without a good glass of white these are the pleasures of the table! Ely I think you went well,You do not seem appropriate to make sacrifices!

Lela,
I agree with you on that, spaghetti with scampi without a glass of chilled white wine is not the same, the two go together.... otherwise... might as well have a hamburger with a pepsi or a coke.
[/quote
]No meat and coca never perhaps with a toast, but it is better to have a beer!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Tue 29 May 2012, 22:03

For some recovering alcoholics being around people who drink can be hard on their sobriety. For others they seem to manage it okay. Steve O hasn't been sober for that long and as socimar said he will always be an alcoholic. Maybe the temptation was too hard for him to focus on sobriety when being with someone who likes to drink. I've known many an alcoholic that has fallen off the wagon because their partner would have wine with dinner, but I've also known alcoholics that really don't care if their partner has wine with dinner as long as alcohol is not kept in the house. whatever the true reason behind their break up I think it is a good thing for Eli in the long run.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Tue 29 May 2012, 22:05

socimar wrote:

Lela,

I'm with you both on that ladies. A juicy steak without a nice full bodied red just makes no sense to me at all.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Wed 30 May 2012, 11:01

She comes across in the article as a woman who want to get married as a form of public validation of her appeal and desirability. Not really for love or lifelong commitment. From all reports, her relationships end when she gets dumped or cheated on (Steve O, Mehcad, Bobo, George, etc). I think she just wants to be chosen. That some guy is willing to say she is the one for him and that he wants to spend the rest of his life with her. Sounds like she is buying into the cliche of a proposal as a declaration that she is somehow special and unique - not want seems to be her normal relationship of being some famous or semi-famous bloke's arm candy / bedmate until he gets bored or she is too high maintenance.

I think she will go the "get knocked up route" (like a number of her girlfriends from Italy) to "force" a guy into a commitment (or at least play happy families) in the next couple of years if the US career plan doesn't pan out.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Wed 30 May 2012, 12:40

From Elisabetta's tweet of yesterday one would think that she has finally realized that Steve-O was just "not into her like she was into him"

ElisabettaCanalis ‏‪@JustElisabetta
#GENIUS Non esistono uomini spaventati, confusi, disillusi. Non esistono uomini tragicamente segnati dalle passate esperienze, bisognosi d'aiuto, bisognosi di tempo. Gli uomini si dividono in due categorie soltanto: Quelli che ti vogliono. E Quelli che non ti vogliono. Tutto il resto è una scusa. 
Dal film“La verità è che non gli piaci abbastanza 2008“
1:37 AM - 29 May 12 via WhoSay · Details

There are no men who are scared, confused or disillusioned. There are no men tragically affected by past experiences, needy or needing time. The men are divided into two categories: Those who want you. And those who do not want you. Everything else is an excuse. From the film " She is Just Not that into You 2008".

By George, I think she's got it!!
And if so, why on earth did she release the interview in "A" and "CHI" magazines that she still loves Steve, that she is thinking of going back to him, etc..
He just wasn't into her, period!!

socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 30 May 2012, 13:25

socimar wrote:From Elisabetta's tweet of yesterday one would think that she has finally realized that Steve-O was just "not into her like she was into him"

ElisabettaCanalis ‏‪@JustElisabetta
#GENIUS Non esistono uomini spaventati, confusi, disillusi. Non esistono uomini tragicamente segnati dalle passate esperienze, bisognosi d'aiuto, bisognosi di tempo. Gli uomini si dividono in due categorie soltanto: Quelli che ti vogliono. E Quelli che non ti vogliono. Tutto il resto è una scusa. 
Dal film“La verità è che non gli piaci abbastanza 2008“
1:37 AM - 29 May 12 via WhoSay · Details

There are no men who are scared, confused or disillusioned. There are no men tragically affected by past experiences, needy or needing time. The men are divided into two categories: Those who want you. And those who do not want you. Everything else is an excuse. From the film " She is Just Not that into You 2008".

By George, I think she's got it!!
And if so, why on earth did she release the interview in "A" and "CHI" magazines that she still loves Steve, that she is thinking of going back to him, etc..
He just wasn't into her, period!!

Why two mes, at 33, not enough to live a love. He is missing because the story has ended for other reasons (reasons which, if you have certain problems are not easy to understand) and she has not had time to get tired as often happens. she is stubborn!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 30 May 2012, 13:26

Maybe, she still loved him when she did the interview but has now realized it wasn't a good relationship.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Wed 30 May 2012, 14:01

Someone who falls in love so deeply, so fast, so often, is in love with being in love. Maybe when she doesn't seem to be so available, a man will fall in love with her enough to ask or want to marry her, but will he be the one for her? For some reason to me Eli seems to have a bad picker when it comes to men she falls for. The woman is not boring to talk about!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by George Fan Wed 30 May 2012, 14:31

The common thread in Elisabetta's picker of men is picking ones that draw MORE attention to her. Probably the ideal man is NOT from the famous or celebrity world of any sort but the NORMAL sphere, like the rest of us, who can love her for herself and not for who she is "in the public's eye." Some kind of trophy woman, or arm candy. He wouldn't need that.

Watching is right about her girlfriends getting knocked up. Maddalena did and married Stef Burns, the band member. Her other close friend Linda Ferro is pregnant by her boyfriend.

George Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 30 May 2012, 15:13

She wants love like all of us but she picks men who can't or wont give her what she wants marriage and a family. I don't think she will date someone who is not famous they keep her name in the papers and she needs that attention especially in L.A.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Wed 30 May 2012, 15:32

Well, if Eli really wants a baby/babies so badly, why doesn't do the sperm bank thing? That way, she can choose the baby she wants based on the donor's profile. But, she wants a man (rich, prefereably) for the financial support.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Wed 30 May 2012, 15:48

I think that she is in love with being in love. I have a friend that is the same and is so desperate to be loved that she is willing to overlook so many things with her partner just to keep the relationship going. Eli seems to go through periods when she seems to have clarity into her relationship issues but then she dives head first into another relationship. Seems like she has a lot of insecurities that play out in her choice of relationships and her need to be in love. I am in my 30's and single and there is definitely a pressure to be in a relationship thats for sure, however I figured a long time ago I had to get over my own insecurities and not try to force someone to love you. hopefully Eli will do the same.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Wed 30 May 2012, 15:52

MM wrote:Well, if Eli really wants a baby/babies so badly, why doesn't do the sperm bank thing? That way, she can choose the baby she wants based on the donor's profile. But, she wants a man (rich, prefereably) for the financial support.

MM, I don’t think Eli wants a baby at all, she doesn't even like to be near babies. She has said many times that she does not possess any maternal instinct, except for her dogs, although her mother Bruna reassured her once that when she got pregnant it would suddenly show up; however she also said in a couple of interviews that the career she has chosen and babies don’t go together and that she has seen this happening to a lot of her friends, when they have babies, the career suffers or goes back to second place. I do not think Eli is ready to be in second place to anything/anybody. Marriage, love, yes, she wants that more than anything in the world, she wants to be wanted, she wants men to ask her to marry her…as a boost to her ego!.
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by George Fan Wed 30 May 2012, 16:28

The BIGGEST mismatch with Steve, is Eli sees her man as a one woman man. Steve is into too many of his groupies and would never go for that. THAT is why HE dumped her primarily, not the cover story of her party girl lifestyle. She totally scared him off with that love word, and he doesn't believe it at all. It's in his book. Read it.

Eli is well known as the jealous type, check George's lady friends giving him pecks on the cheek at the Golden Globes. If looks could kill. THAT event was the beginning of the end of the romance with George.

Whether in the public eye or a "normal" person, the ideal man for Elisabetta is one who is devoted to her. Period. Do they still make them? She's definitely picking them on the opposite end of the spectrum the last several.

George Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next