George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Why George in the latter period is the figure of the fool? - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Why George in the latter period is the figure of the fool? - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Why George in the latter period is the figure of the fool? - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Why George in the latter period is the figure of the fool? - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Why George in the latter period is the figure of the fool? - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Why George in the latter period is the figure of the fool? - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Why George in the latter period is the figure of the fool? - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Why George in the latter period is the figure of the fool? - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Why George in the latter period is the figure of the fool? - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Why George in the latter period is the figure of the fool?

+18
lovelylois
sadDonkey
lula-mae
LornaDoone
melbert
zizi
pattygirl
cindigirl
madsky
Lighterside
Joanna
ladydi
Katiedot
lucy
phys major
Dexterdidit
it's me
lelacorb
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Why George in the latter period is the figure of the fool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why George in the latter period is the figure of the fool?

Post by zizi Tue 29 Nov 2011, 02:26

Good post Missa, I would like to join you in "your journey of hope" that one day he will prove us wrong. But as days pass by I have less and less confidence that it will happen. But again with him we can always expect unexpected. scratch

zizi
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Why George in the latter period is the figure of the fool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why George in the latter period is the figure of the fool?

Post by melbert Tue 29 Nov 2011, 02:42

OK, it's official - I hate my job because they expect me to be there working and I can't be here giving so many of you a green +. By the time I get here, you already have your green +. But, that's okay, because you've been given the green + from other like-minded friends. Everyone's opinions are so well thought out and I respect all of them!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 29 Nov 2011, 03:10

Missa wrote: The dismissive "I don't care if people see my movies" attitude
I didn'tthink that that was his attitude. I think that quote came from the Rolling Stone interview and what he was saying was that his films aren't for everyone and he doesn't mind that this is the case. Not so much he doesn't care if people see his films but acknowledging the fact that his films aren't crowd-pleasing blockbusters and that's the way he prefers to work. I'd read that more as a defensive, pre-emptive statement when Ides of March fails to set the box office on fire and he once again gets slammed as being a failure.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zizi Tue 29 Nov 2011, 04:19

melbert wrote:OK, it's official - I hate my job because they expect me to be there working and I can't be here giving so many of you a green +. By the time I get here, you already have your green +. But, that's okay, because you've been given the green + from other like-minded friends. Everyone's opinions are so well thought out and I respect all of them!
I know what you mean Mel, I have the same problem. I try to sneak in during the day time but my boss is like a shark. He sees everything. affraid
He calls COH : "addiction to the fiction". lol!

zizi

Back to top Go down

Post by zizi Tue 29 Nov 2011, 04:35

Katiedot wrote:
Missa wrote: The dismissive "I don't care if people see my movies" attitude
I didn'tthink that that was his attitude. I think that quote came from the Rolling Stone interview and what he was saying was that his films aren't for everyone and he doesn't mind that this is the case. Not so much he doesn't care if people see his films but acknowledging the fact that his films aren't crowd-pleasing blockbusters and that's the way he prefers to work. I'd read that more as a defensive, pre-emptive statement when Ides of March fails to set the box office on fire and he once again gets slammed as being a failure.

If only he would have said it just the way you did Katie, it would make a huge difference.

zizi

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Tue 29 Nov 2011, 05:05

Cindigirl, just getting back to your earlier comment on pg.1, yes your right we haven't really seen them together outside of red carpet events. When I saw all the recent Cabo beach pics, my first thought was, George doesn't even have to be there, everyone assumes he is cause that is his habit. What a perfect set-up, Sk gets the vaca in luxury with friends plus all the pap attention and George could be anywhere as long as he stays hidden. To bad he has become so recognizable, otherwise he could go out and about while everyone thinks he's hidden behind walls in Cabo.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by lula-mae Tue 29 Nov 2011, 10:11

[quote]
George's girls, for the most part, are college educated (to some extent), come from middle class backgrounds, and appear to have had every opportunity to make something of themselves, yet they choose the easy way out (taking off their clothes for money) every time. I don't have much respect or patience for that.

I'm becoming less and less enamored of Mr. Clooney, even when the girlfriend factor is removed from the equation. The dismissive "I don't care if people see my movies" attitude, the hypocritical "how DARE you ask me about my private life" / "hey wanna see some pictures of us on vacation?" stance, and the cheating (I'm with those who believe the George and Stacy show has been going on longer than we know) have combined to make me think I've been mistaken about the kind of person he is

I totally agree with that! That's exactly what I was trying to explain but you used the right words to do it Very Happy

lula-mae
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey Tue 29 Nov 2011, 10:28

@Missa

Missa you have already 3 votes for your post,
hope you don't mind, I gave you the 4th one Wink

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Location : Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, Europe, ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Tue 29 Nov 2011, 11:46

WOW perspectives! Smile Love the George-caring that goes in everywhere Very Happy

There was something valuable that I got off George & Elisabetta's relationship... That there really IS NO FAKE relationship anywhere!!! The moment a "decision" is made between two persons, for whatever reason, that becomes the starting point of a "relationship"... YES, there can be the unhappy / unhealthy / wrong / tiresome / business / PR / cash / creed / culture / whatever... kind of relationship... BUT, it is a relationship of some kind...

The basic "getting away with it" factor for PR / Entertainment / "Stars" is most probably about "making them believe" that they CAN SELL A FAKE relationship... WHEN there is NO SUCH thing in the subconscious state of anyone's minds... You see WHY George gets appreciated for his humanitarian work that is portrayed... Simply because "the mind" and "the heart" cajoles something RIGHT... something that is a good HUMANE feeling... The moment someone TALKS or SELLS a relationship as "FAKE"... NOT "REAL"... or "gets away with a certain (justification) way of life" that FEELS FAKE... it kind of sets off the READER'S mind... into already BELIEVING that THE MAN IS FAKE!!! And most women (even Dads/brothers/) don't like it, if they find out that their emotions for someone has been "traded"... That is where I feel, PR registers FAILURES long term everywhere, everytime they come up with "PR" relationship strategies for their STARS... They eventually mess up / blot careers and lives in the long run...

Just as GOOD can register deep... so also a DECEPTION... and so George cannot really get away with thinking even in his mind... or in that of PR / fans... that his past "Girlfriends" are "FAKE relationships"... not "REAL"... or are "being used to SELL HIS MOVIES" thing... IF he uses them for whatever reason... that is again WITHIN A RELATIONSHIP that the two of them have defined...

The next part is possibly a TRUTH... that George might really truly honestly be ENJOYING the company of such partnerships... not one, but may be many, don't know... something about their closeness might give him a high... OR something about the hurting / breaking / playing with "onlooking" people must make him feel superior... OR something about great "sex" must make him feel macho... OR something about THE ATTENTION must feed an unfulfilled state of craving within... YUP!!! All things THAT most probably needs the REPAIRING may be... something that needs healing (introspection, time etc) may be...

AND IF going by what Pattygirl has noted... then... THERE IS INDEED A VERY STRONGly "justified" REASON... about the "WHY"... George might WANT such company as an "ego fulfillment" exercise... or whatever "fulfillment" exercise... George might EVEN be BELIEVING THAT women over 35/40 are plain pumpkins or COULD EVEN BE living IN FEAR, that they might NOT REALLY KNOW HOW to do him right ;-)... satisfy him... or whatever... (WELL!!!)... BUT you see... a reflection of exactly this same thought is THE ONE THAT GETS PICKED UP by the women ladies who are watching him with the girl ladies ;-) Somewhere they note, that THE REASON for him to ENJOY THE GIRLS' COMPANY is about PLAIN ENJOYMENT / SEX / CARNAL... and NOT REALLY about something more heroic / chivalrous / deeper / meaningful / purposeful... which according to them would / could IDEALLY BE RIGHT FOR THEIR hero... When they have to WATCH THE YOUTHFUL RELATIONSHIP being paraded FOR THE REASONS they get paraded... their "HOPE" gets eroded somewhere... BUT their love causes them to find all the right "REASONs" to come in and do the "acceptance" of his tastes / wants / desires / etc... This deeper "dejection" could be THE ONE causing a quiet "rejection" of him as a whole, from these fans...

Last edited by Pari on Tue 29 Nov 2011, 13:44; edited 3 times in total
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Tue 29 Nov 2011, 12:01

So then... does George have to CHANGE HIMSELF... ??? I mean... he IS IN a relationship with Stacy now... Does he have to give her up, when he actually wants her... and is having the time of his life with her??? NO!!! Why ever??? Absolutely NOT for anyone else's sake other than his/her/their own!!! He already gives his "girls" the ownership "honour" of being labelled "Girl Friend" / his name association / his involvement etc ... so that by itself is an acknowledgement... Both of their parents are involved... which is SACRED... I mean... that by itself, is BEYOND DOUBT, a decision... that it is indeed a relationship that they have accepted... Because anything else, will make both their parents NOT PARENTS at all... it will falsify them more than George and Stacy... and that will be a massacre of sorts... SO YES, this is a relationship already...

SO then... WHY is it... that people are NOT willing to accept it??? I mean their fans... NOT the PR folks... Most probably, BECAUSE George BELIEVES that people HAVE to BUY IT!!! Perhaps... maybe... even Stacy believes... that she ought to CONVINCE PEOPLE... that they are IN LOVE... I guess... this is where the two are having some trouble... giving you two hugs there Hug1

I was fiercly furious, insanely volatile as I couldn't watch George's surgery taken so lightly... but then, just who am I??? And how do I know that Stacy / George hadn't taken all the care... And how would her parents who were there not have included all the precautions...?? And George's parents, family and friends and team... Oh surely!!! So, who is anyone to make a choice when the choice is already made between George and Stacy, and surely for their good and happiness together???

May be they are not getting across the communication of their love, "to us" right Very Happy... Well... George and Stacy, IF you are happy and are IN IT... and IN LOVE... there is NO need really for anyone else to know... LOVE has such a strong vibe / aura / wavelength / connection... that it can conquer the length, breadth, depth of the oceans... cut through the himalayan / volcanic boulders inbetween.... and yet be heard loud and clear through the skies... SO ENJOY yourselves folks... IF your heart says you are in love... just GO FOR IT... the WORLD WILL GO with you... Give Flowers
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Tue 29 Nov 2011, 15:20

Great posts Pari you can tell that you've put some time and thought into as THE WORLD OF GTC TURNS. Must be all those years of debate you have under your belt(IMDb) has given you a gift with words.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 29 Nov 2011, 15:22

tell George, Pari
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Tue 29 Nov 2011, 16:35

I agree with Katie--G never said he did not care if people saw his movies or not--IMO he cares a lot! But his quote was acknowledging that Ides of March was definately for a niche market:
"It's not designed for everybody to see, but I don't give a shit. I don't need to be more famous and we shot it for $12 million, so anything we do is nice."
I think rather than being dismissive of his audience he is dismissive of those who believe box office success is the only measure of whether a movie is successfull.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 29 Nov 2011, 16:44

fava wrote:I agree with Katie--G never said he did not care if people saw his movies or not--IMO he cares a lot! But his quote was acknowledging that Ides of March was definately for a niche market:

Thanks fava and Katie for that. I'm glad you posted this. His remark was taken so badly by some people and I'm happy you clarified it.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Tue 29 Nov 2011, 17:10

thanks ,fava for clarifying that i thought the otherwise .

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Wed 30 Nov 2011, 20:03

Thank you Lucy! Give Flowers anything that came out good must've come from HIM above Very Happy all by HIS grace surely... Smile

Oh I love my IMDb family too Smile
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Wed 30 Nov 2011, 20:09

"tell George" It's me??? Hmmmmmmmmmmm... Very Happy
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 30 Nov 2011, 20:11

yep
tell him
to behave
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Wed 30 Nov 2011, 20:43

Shshshhhhh... he is happy right now... very happy... let him be... Never like to disturb someone when they are having a great time... especially with their partner Smile

Ha!!! Like anything I said ever made sense to his bullhead!!! RASCAL!!! I love you

scratch You think he reads all that we write??? I mean however else would we make sense to him... ;-) ??? He will have a grand laugh for sure hahhahahhahahhaaa Laughing This is all so funny!!! Very Happy Whatever!!!
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 30 Nov 2011, 22:21

maybe not all
but something
yes
IMO
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 30 Nov 2011, 22:23

anyway I'm happy
if he is happy

even if in not so * company

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Thu 01 Dec 2011, 00:10

Pari I find the fact that you are getting so worked up about this, disturbing! Nobody has to prove there Love... if they really are in LOVE!
Sorry don't see it Lust Yes...come one were just having fun! Just like George!
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by zizi Thu 01 Dec 2011, 01:21

@ phys major, If you don't mind, I will go with your theory Smile

zizi

Back to top Go down

Post by zizi Thu 01 Dec 2011, 02:19

Maybe she fascinates him, who knows, but it will also mean that he is easily fascinated. Even if he acts like a child who over indulgences in what feels good, he should know the consequences and ask her to keep her mouth shut.

zizi

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 01 Dec 2011, 02:59

George has the ability to love the one he's with, in the moment till he's done. Who knows if it's ever deep love, but he never seems to pine, grieve over a relationship gone wrong. There are so many women wanting to date, whatever him, he has all these choices, it's not as if he has to go out looking for company, all he has to do is be in the mood. I sometimes wonder with who he loves, because I find it difficult to believe that he falls in and out of love every year!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 01 Dec 2011, 03:02

Only with himself Lucy!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Thu 01 Dec 2011, 03:42

zizi women in general fascinate him..LOL..But on a serious note!!!!Smile
George googles girls he wants to f..k and then does...That is why we always see racy pics of them on the internet. It is Georges play ground...e ni mi ni miny mo...Ho Ho Ho...Merry Christmas Hello!
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 01 Dec 2011, 03:54

phys major wrote: zizi women in general fascinate him..LOL..But on a serious note!!!!Smile
George googles girls he wants to f..k and then does...That is why we always see racy pics of them on the internet. It is Georges play ground...e ni mi ni miny mo...Ho Ho Ho...Merry Christmas Hello!

Give new meaning to HoHoHo, doesn't it??!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Thu 01 Dec 2011, 03:58

Stacy is simply the girl of the moment some of them can be fleeting some can last awhile. I don't think for a second George is madly in love with Stacy or she with him. He likes her I see two friends hanging out but little of the heat the tabloids keep insisting they see. It will be over sooner then Eli I don't believe Stacy is going to even make it to a year let alone 2. I also think the way she is behaving she knows it!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Thu 01 Dec 2011, 04:13

DOMINATRIX...NEED I SAY MORE EXPLAINS EVERYTHING!!!!!
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 01 Dec 2011, 04:14

The tabloids always insist it's love when it's clearly not. Gotta wonder what kind of world they work in, eh?!

I think George likes her, I think the sex is probably good and she's loving the attention he gives her.

I know I'm also probably the only person here who thinks George isn't bothered much by what his girlfriends say or do in public so I don't think her tweeting is going to make one iota of difference in this relationship.

He holds all the cards and when he gets bored of her, he'll find a new one, but until then it'll be hot and heavy. That's how it works with him.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zizi Thu 01 Dec 2011, 05:25

phys major wrote: zizi women in general fascinate him..LOL..But on a serious note!!!!Smile

So now we can say he is like Santa Claus Coming to Town, he got a list ( from the internet), he is checking it twice, who is naughty who is nice ( ops, nice do not qualify), and whenever he gets his bag full, he feels honor bound not to waste it. Porno stars, waitresses, wrestlers, bimbos are most welcome.LOL

zizi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Thu 01 Dec 2011, 08:36

phys major: ]"Pari I find the fact that you are getting so worked up about this, disturbing! Nobody has to prove there Love... if they really are in LOVE!
Sorry don't see it Lust Yes...come one were just having fun! Just like George!."

I think I said something simillar in another note somewhere Phys Major Smile That "LOVE" needs NO proving... anyways... I am sorry you (or anyone else) thinks/believes that I am getting "worked up" about any of this... Very Happy

YUP!!! George is funning!!! Everyone here is funning!!! Smile And this funning world is so funning fascinating that it is having such a funning laugh at all of us!!! Very Happy HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAAA jocolor

Oh Feast of Santa (St. Nicolas)... falls Dec 6th! Happy Feast everyone! Very Happy
Love+Peace all... Smile
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey Thu 01 Dec 2011, 09:52

lucy wrote:I sometimes wonder with who he loves...

He sleeps with women, but loves men.
And his one true love is George Clooney himself.

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Location : Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, Europe, ...

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 01 Dec 2011, 12:23

nice poem
sadD
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Thu 01 Dec 2011, 13:24

Katiedot wrote:I know I'm also probably the only person here who thinks George isn't bothered much by what his girlfriends say or do in public so I don't think her tweeting is going to make one iota of difference in this relationship.

You are not the only one--I think so too. I don't think he cares enough to get into their business or the details of their lives that much. He clearly doesn't care about the soft core porn films, calendars and nude photos--all public! I think he might react if he starts getting followed places he is not expecting it but otherwise lets them milk the publicity. It's part of the perks.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Thu 01 Dec 2011, 14:24

George is living out the ultimate male fantasy. He has money, looks, and the ability to knock boots with some of the most beautiful, vivacious women around. In the male fantasy, love doesn't enter the equation, nor do marriage and children. It is a fantasy filled with fun, fast cars and plenty of sex.
George has all the trappings necessary for this fantasy life and he enjoys it to th fullest. When he's working, he puts his fantasy life on hold and works his ass off. When work is done, it's time for fun, fun, fun.
cheers Basketball Woo hooo! in bed
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Fri 02 Dec 2011, 04:45

His "ultimate male fantasy" seems terribly OUTDATED na Pattygirl??? Feels like he has yet to update them with the times, OR he is yet to discover the latest wonders!!! Very Happy IF he really does have "all the trappings necessary for his fantasy life" and is INDEED "enjoying it to the fullest", just WHY then, is the world reading otherwise??? Something has gone wrong somewhere??? OR perhaps, most certainly, something most critically right has gone into deep sleep Very Happy

NOPE, not "worrying" or "being worked up" Very Happy Couldn't think IF I was Very Happy Just wondering out loud... scratch
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Fri 02 Dec 2011, 16:31

oh pattygirl u had the perfect post about clooney . 10 out of 10

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2