George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
December Chit Chat 2019 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
December Chit Chat 2019 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
December Chit Chat 2019 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
December Chit Chat 2019 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
December Chit Chat 2019 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
December Chit Chat 2019 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
December Chit Chat 2019 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
December Chit Chat 2019 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
December Chit Chat 2019 EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

December Chit Chat 2019

+3
heartlove
party animal - not!
LizzyNY
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

December Chit Chat 2019 Empty December Chit Chat 2019

Post by LizzyNY Sun 08 Dec 2019, 02:13

Shocked I can't believe it's December already! Yikes! So much to do, so little time.  affraid Is everyone getting their shopping done and cards written? Better hurry, hurry, hurry. The holidays will be upon us before we know it. I have a bunch of cards to send via snail mail and if I want them to get where they're going in time for the holidays, I'd better get going.

I have a question for anyone in the UK who feels like answering: How big a "star" is Michael Ball? I saw the 25th anniversary concert of Les Mis on PBS and that sent me back to watch the 10th anniversary concert again (and again) on YouTube. It's brilliant and Michael Ball just blows me away. God, what a voice! His IMdB page says he's worked in the States and on Broadway but I can't remember ever hearing of him outside the context of Les Mis.

I also saw articles on line about a new concert production of Les Mis that was filmed , where Michael Ball plays Javert and Alfie Boe plays Jean Valjean. They said it would be in US theaters for 2 days only! (which I think is nuts) but I haven't seen anything about it here. Does anyone know anything about this production? I'd love to see Ball and Boe play different parts.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

December Chit Chat 2019 Empty Re: December Chit Chat 2019

Post by party animal - not! Sun 08 Dec 2019, 10:11

Here's something to whet your appetite, Lizzy!

https://www.theatre.london/shows/les-misrables-the-all-star-staged-concert

Starts on the 18th for 16 weeks - hop on a plane! But bet there'll be a dvd later and cd later.

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 08 Dec 2019, 13:50

I am so jealous! If I was there I'd be sleeping in the street to get tickets, although one article I saw said there were thousands lined up and tickets were sold by lottery! True? I'll bet it is. The show is still so popular all over the world. And you're right about a dvd later. One article said they'd be released 2020/2021. I DON'T WANT TO WAIT!

I'd love to see Alfie Boe play Jean Valjean and Michael Ball play Javert. That's such a contrast to him playing Marius - although I guess he's a little old for Marius now - almost the same age as George!

One last question and I'll shut up about this (at least for now): What American entertainer would you say compares to Michael Ball in terms of type of performer and popularity?

Oh, one second last question Embarassed : When/if anyone sees the 25th anniversary concert, I'd really like to know what people think of Nick Jonas's performance.

NOW I'll shut up! Very Happy Have a great day!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 08 Dec 2019, 23:49

I know I've been going on about Les Mis, but I've needed something to get my mind off all the garbage I find every time I open my email or check out the news, Just in case anyone else feels the same and has a few minutes,  PLEASE check out this YouTube video:

Alfie Boe & Michael Ball 'A Thousand Years' 'Love Changes Everything' O2 Arena London 14.12.17 HD

You'll laugh but you'll also be blown away by their talent. (Also, there's something about Michael Ball that reminds me of George.)

P.S. Has anyone been in touch with Melbert?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 09 Dec 2019, 00:34

Here's what I just wrote, Lizzy!

Michael Ball has a national radio - BBC - light music programme with chat and guests on at the moment. He is not on the 'fame' chart as say Michael Buble - more like musical lead singers, Lloyd Webber etc.

Alfie Boe has a lot of operatic experience as well. New tour of the UK with Michael Ball next year and a CD. 

Michael's partner is a presenter and broadcaster in the UK, Cathy McGowan and is 20 years older than him. She has two daughters and she saved Ball's life having rescued him from a fire at his home.

The O2 is a HUGE venue by the Thames.....click on this below, Lizzy, and watch them 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gCDVA4V1Cc

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 09 Dec 2019, 04:13

PAN - Thanks again for always finding things for me. I spent most of this evening googling Ball & Boe and watching some of their concert clips. I saw the one you posted and I just finished watching Michael Ball's 'Both Sides of Now" Live in London concert. He's amazing!  I wish I could get BBC radio.

I just told Melbert (She's alive and well, thank Heaven!) that if George retires I have his replacement waiting in the wings! Michael Ball deserves to be much, much better known outside the UK. So does Alfie Boe. Very Happy I think if I lived in the UK I might be a groupie!

Apropos of nothing, but do you remember seeing anything about G&A's apartment at 100 E 53rd St, where Rande & Cindy supposedly bought the apartment upstairs? It struck me today that either they didn't buy or they already sold it, because they've been staying downtown when they're in NY. Also, Cindy & Rande are shopping for a downtown place. Seems to me, if you have a place you live in it.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Mon 09 Dec 2019, 04:35

Shocked

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 09 Dec 2019, 11:13

Maybe, them buying was a rumor. Downtown is very hot , I live down town of course not in the expensive areas.We are having luxury buildings built around us.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 09 Dec 2019, 16:46

Annemarie - Do you see that as a good thing or not? So many things change when a neighborhood gets "gentrified".
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 09 Dec 2019, 17:35

Where I am it's not bad , but east village is totally different and very very expensive not a lot of minorities can afford the rents. Or for that matter to buy a condo or coop in the area. I think for where I am time will tell how things will change.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Mon 09 Dec 2019, 18:24

annemarie wrote:Where I am it's not bad , but east village is totally different and very very expensive not a lot of minorities can afford the rents. Or for that matter to buy a condo or coop in the area. I think for where I am time will tell how things will change.
Define minorities...  Neutral  Isn't Amal a minority.

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 09 Dec 2019, 18:47

I don't think being a minority has the same meaning when you're one of the 1%.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Mon 09 Dec 2019, 19:10

LizzyNY wrote:I don't think being a minority has the same meaning when you're one of the 1%.
So you think Amal is in the 1%?

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 09 Dec 2019, 20:12

I should have said poorer minorities.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Mon 09 Dec 2019, 20:24

annemarie wrote:I should have said poorer minorities.
So Amal is a rich minority?   Do I understand you correctly - rich minorities can live there?

What about poor non-minorities ie., poor white people, can they live there?

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 09 Dec 2019, 20:34

Minorities with money can afford to live there yes. I guess it depends on what
you consider poor. If you make 15 dollars an hour I don't see you being able to afford 2000 or more in rent, that is what some of these places are going for
they can be even higher.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Mon 09 Dec 2019, 20:45

annemarie wrote:Minorities with money can afford to live there yes. I guess it depends on what
you consider poor. If you make 15 dollars an hour I don't see you being able to afford 2000 or more in rent, that is what some of these places are going for
they can be even higher.
Annemarie, I don't understand what being a minority has to do with living there.

If I understand you correctly, people including minorities do live there.

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 09 Dec 2019, 21:05

I was speaking of poorer minorities , which means they have to leave and live some place else. Not a lot of affordable housing in that area.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Mon 09 Dec 2019, 22:05

annemarie wrote:I was speaking of poorer minorities , which means they have to leave and live some place else. Not a lot of affordable housing in that area.
I really want to thank you for engaging me in this conversation.  So rich minorities can stay.  And poor minorities have to live some where else.

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 09 Dec 2019, 23:11

A propos the conversation about 100 East 53rd Street, which is where the new apartment that George bought before the twins were born, a three bedroom apartment, currently costs $15,000,000. We would never know if they use it because there is a drive-in underground car park. 
I'm inclined to believe that they possibly have a West Village town house now too. Now's there's an expensive. very pretty and sought-after area!

Rande Gerber's property empire is huge and includes his and his brothers company running bars and clubs in New York and elsewhere and Cindy Crawford seems to buy and sell a lot of property in California - but then loads of celebrities do. It seems to be a second career and a form of investment

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Mon 09 Dec 2019, 23:42

annemarie wrote:I was speaking of poorer minorities , which means they have to leave and live some place else. Not a lot of affordable housing in that area.
If a poor minority married a rich non-minority like George Clooney(with a prenup' that states the poor minority has no access to his wealth}, could the poor minority live there or would the poor minority have to live somewhere else?

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 10 Dec 2019, 00:06

OK heartlove, you're smarter than that! Who lives in prime real estate in NY depends on the color of the paper in your wallet, not the color of your skin - at least most of the time. If you can afford the thousands of dollars of monthly fees, most property owners are happy to have you.

Real estate developers prefer to build luxury buildings because they can make their investment back more quickly than if they built affordable housing. Thus housing for all working NYers is becoming harder and harder to find.

This is my one quibble with George and his friends, The housing market here is really tight. If you aren't going to use a property, don't buy it. Things are tough enough without pulling needed housing off the market.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Tue 10 Dec 2019, 00:18

Annemarie seems to think minorities need to seek affordable housing.  I really want to know Annemarie's response to my last "quote" comment.

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 10 Dec 2019, 00:24

Amal is not and has probably never been a poor minority. Both her parent's have had good jobs. Also, Amal is paid very well for her work. Amal had her own when she met George so I'm sure she would be just fine without his money. George and Amal love each other have two kids and have made the life they want together. George has said very clearly Amal is the woman he wants and plans to spend the rest of his life with.

I am also sure that if they did break up George would make sure Amal and the kids were well taken care of.
Because that's the kind of man he is.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Tue 10 Dec 2019, 00:40

annemarie wrote:Amal is not and has probably never been a poor minority. Both her parent's have had good jobs. Also, Amal is paid very well for her work. Amal had her own when she met George so I'm sure she would be just fine without his money. George and Amal love each other have two kids and have made the life they want together. George has said very clearly Amal is the woman he wants and plans to spend the rest of his life with.

I am also sure that if they did break up George would make sure Amal and the kids were well taken care of.
Because that's the kind of man he is.
If a poor minority married a rich non-minority like George Clooney(with a prenup' that states the poor minority has no access to his wealth}, could the poor minority live there or would the poor minority have to live somewhere else?

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 10 Dec 2019, 01:03

Since Amal has her own money she can live where ever she likes. She wouldn't be broke if she and George broke up.

Heartlove why do you believe Amal is poor. Also, what makes you think she wouldn't get a penny from George.

George would as I said earlier make sure Amal and the kids are well taken care of and I doubt if there is a prenup

that she wouldn't get anything .

Last edited by annemarie on Tue 10 Dec 2019, 01:07; edited 1 time in total

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 10 Dec 2019, 01:05

annemarie wrote:Where I am it's not bad , but east village is totally different and very very expensive not a lot of minorities can afford the rents. Or for that matter to buy a condo or coop in the area.
I had to laugh when I read this. I student taught in the East Village and I can tell you it wasn't a luxury neighborhood back then. One day, while on my way to my school, there was a sheet-covered corpse (most likely an overdose) hanging out a second storey window waiting for the coroner to come. It was still there when I left at 3PM. There were rats in the street , junkies on the corners and squatters in a lot of the houses. Things have certainly changed.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 10 Dec 2019, 01:07

Yes Lizzy they certainly have .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Tue 10 Dec 2019, 01:38

annemarie wrote:Since Amal has her own money she can live where ever she likes. She wouldn't be broke if she and George broke up.

Heartlove why do you believe Amal is poor. Also, what makes you think she wouldn't get a penny from George.

George would as I said earlier make sure Amal and the kids are well taken care of and I doubt if there is a prenup

that she wouldn't get anything .
Thank you Annemarie, your comments made my day.

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 10 Dec 2019, 01:51

You're right, Annemarie. 

And why is this even a talking point? Are there some more silly supermarket trashmags looking to fill column inches every week? Why don't people read something better instead of being exploited by the publishers?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 12 Dec 2019, 00:41

To everyone in the UK - You are SO Lucky. I've spent the day working on a project so I had YouTube on in the background and immersed myself in chat show videos and interviews with Michael Ball and Alfie Boe (YES, I'm still obsessing!  Razz It's a hell of a lot better than drumpf!).

Your chat shows and morning programs are  so much better than ours at doing interviews.They allow more time for their guests and everyone seems to really know their stuff and ask intelligent questions - and they actually let people answer! (Here if a guest gets 5 or 6 minutes in a segment they're lucky and are usually rushed through the most inane questions. ) It also seems as if everyone knows everyone else  (unless that's just the case with Ball & Boe) so there's a banter like that of old friends. Some of it is hysterically funny.

Just another reason to love the UK! Give Flowers
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 12 Dec 2019, 19:52

Lizzy.....On YouTube you want to look for
Graham Norton with Matt Damon, 
Hugh Bonnevile and Bill.....forgot his surname.
It's in about 4 parts so catch Part 1 then it will
roll n to the other parts.

It's hysterical, they've all had drink and the whole
session is great fun.

There's a good comment towards the end too !

Do try to watch it.....and anyone else on here too....
you'll enjoy it xx

I'd love to hear your comments.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 12 Dec 2019, 20:04

BTW......I saw on the news about a shooting 
in New Jersey at a supermarket I think.

I thought about you Lizzy and Annemarie and 
anyone else in the area and hope you are all OK ?

Though I realise New York is a big area......LOL
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 12 Dec 2019, 20:18

Hi Joanna I'm in Manhattan so I'm fine. It is so horrible people are simply evil.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 12 Dec 2019, 20:36

Lizzy, here's what Joanna was talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FFy5JrJbvc

One of the advantages of this programme is that there are no adverts (so nobody's conversation gets interrupted) and they usually have drinks (pretty sure they can't do that in the States)

This is on the BBC - they have three channels with no adverts - and it is funded nationwide because to own a tv you have to buy a licence from the government. That was started years ago when the BBC tv first started long before the commercial channels were introduced. The BBC also have radio channels which are also covered by the same yearly fee - and again no ads..

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 12 Dec 2019, 20:48

Joanna  - Hi, Sweetie! How are you feeling? Hope all is well. I will definitely check out the interview. Graham Norton's show is broadcast here on BBC America, so I have seen it a few times. It''s really, really fun.

As anyone here can tell you, in the last few days (Is it days or weeks? Can't tell anymore! Very Happy) I have become addicted to Michael Ball and Alfie Boe. Are you a fan of either? I think they're brilliant! What did it for me - aside from Les Mis - was this YouTube video:

Alfie Boe and Michael Ball 'A Thousand Years"'Love Changes Everything' 02 Arena London 14-12-17

It's short maybe 10 minutes, tops - so if you have a chance check it out. It definitely takes your mind off your troubles for a bit. Give Flowers

(PS - The shooting was miles away, on the other side of the river, so we weren't affected, except for being upset by such awful news.Thanks for thinking of us.)
                                                    ________________________________________

PAN - Thanks for running down the video for me. I'll have to save it for later though 'cause I'll have to get back to work soon. I won't even try to explain how our system of tv broadcasting works. Used to be all you had to do was buy a set and plug it in, but those days are long gone. It's a mess and getting worse. There are a couple of cable network shows where people drink and get silly. Andy Cohen's 'Watch What Happens Live' is one of them, but regular network shows are more restricted - and everything has ads! Again, you guys are so lucky!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 13 Dec 2019, 15:45

Actor Danny Aiello passed a way he was 86

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 13 Dec 2019, 19:09

Somehow I didn't think he was that old. He was a wonderful actor and I enjoyed his work. He'll be hard to replace.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 14 Dec 2019, 00:18

Oh I know Annemarie....sorry about the capital 
letter  !

Nearly every day now on our news we hear about
a young person being stabbed.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 20 Dec 2019, 21:12

Question for my friends across the pond. What's a PROM when it's at home?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 23 Dec 2019, 22:40

LizzyNY wrote:Question for my friends across the pond. What's a PROM when it's at home?

Decided to add this before it's too late:

santa     MERRY CHRISTMAS!  HAPPY HANUKKAH!  HAPPY KWANZA! and ,if you're celebrating anything else, may your Holiday season be joyous and full of fun!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Tue 24 Dec 2019, 01:44

santa    bounce

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 24 Dec 2019, 01:50

Lizzy - very late reply from across the pond. A prom here means one of a series of promenade classical concerts that happen every night throughout the summer at the Royal Albert Hall. They are sponsored by the BBC - and you can hear/watch live performances on radio/tv live every evening throughout the season.

They were started by Sir Henry Wood, a conductor who had turned down jobs in New York and Boston, who set up the six weeks of daily concerts for as little as £11 a ticket. 

They are brill - and the Last Night of the Proms is now broadcast live to national parks across the country...lots of them are on Youtube.

Happy Christmas!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 24 Dec 2019, 10:39

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Tue 24 Dec 2019, 12:56

PAN - I a lways love to watch the last night of the proms on tv - it is broadcasted in Germany as well. The music is brilliant and the performance is so much fun!

Happy holidays to everyone who's celebrating!

(By the way: In Germany, we start celebrating today, and the children get their presents in the evening. So the kids don't find them the next morning, but Santa brings the presents while the family is in church or even when they are at home. This year, my husband has to play Santa for the grandchildren of very good friends of ours, and the parents sent him an email with wishes the kids had, and how they behaved this year etc. One of the kids asked Santa in her letter (do kids in your countries write letters to Santa as well?) about Santa's reindeers' names, so I googled the names, and now my husband is sitting here and tries to learn all the reindeers' names (of course, he can't read them from a piece of paper in frong of the kids). When we were kids, Rudolph and the other reindeers weren't as famous as now (it's a very American thing, forced by movies) , and our own kids were never interested in them.

So I'm really looking forward to hear about his performance...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 24 Dec 2019, 15:00

Carolhathaway - Very Happy So sorry about exporting yet another annoying American "tradition", but I'm sure your husband will be a wonderful Santa whether he remembers the reindeer names or not! (There's a song from an old tv show about Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer that begins with a list of all the reindeer names - and the poem "Twas the Night Before Christmas" lists them, too.) Yes, children here send letters to Santa, although I think nowadays many of them probably email him instead.

PAN - Thank you! What a wonderful idea to have shows like that available to everyone, even if they can't get to the theater. And to have them run all summer?! Brilliant!

I don't think we have anything like it here. We do have concerts in the park and such, but you have to be there to see them - they're not broadcast simultaneously (except for July 4th celebrations). Sometimes a dvd or cd is released later, but that's about it. Siigh! Just one more reason to think I was born on the wrong side of the pond! (My grandfather did pass through the UK on his way here. I think he should have stayed there!)

Happy Holidays everyone!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 24 Dec 2019, 20:18

There is a famous American tv animated special ‘Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer’ that debuted in the mid 1960s which I still really love. Even tho now it seems a bit hokey. And interesting that Rudolph was not part of the original ‘‘Twas the Night Before Christmas ‘ poem but created by another writer in 1939. Yep all American but I do love those traditional stories.

Carol, your husband gets a lot of credit for being Santa. Not an easy job. I’m sure he will thrill all the kids.

The Prom concerts sound wonderful. As Lizzy said we don’t have an equivalent here in the states. Sadly. There are a number of symphonic and operatic performances on our public broadcasting system which is better than nothing.

MERRY CHRISTMAS
HAPPY HANUKKAH
HAPPY KWANZAA TO ALL.

I hope everyone is able to enjoy time with family and friends.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Tue 24 Dec 2019, 22:44

Lizzy and Donna,
thanks so much for your advices! I will look for the song tomorrow. I don't think I've ever heard it before, 'Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer' is the only song like that I know.
By the way: My husband did a very good job, and he managed to repeat all the reindeers' names perfectly. He really loved it!

About kids writing letters to Santa: We've got many towns and villages with 'Angel...', 'Heaven...' and similar prefixes (one of them is just a few miles away from my hometown). Everybody knows that they can write letters to Santa, the angels or Christ Child. And in all these towns and villages there are either people working at the post office or volunteers who really read these letters and actually answer them. It's usually a stereotyped, but very nice letter, but when a child asks to heal an ill family member or get daddy a new job so they don't lose their home, they write personal letters.

It's a really nice tradition, we used to do it with our kids when they were small. All in all, there are millions of people from all over the world who write to them.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 24 Dec 2019, 23:47

Carolhathaway - I know that you used to be able to go to the Post Office and take a couple of Santa letters to fulfill. I don't know if you can still do that. I know there are a lot of charities and church groups that answer Santa letters as well.

Donnamarie - I love those old half-hour animated Christmas specials! Very Happy

And I bless PBS for broadcasting so much musical theater that I never could have afforded on my own. PBS turned me on to "Les Mis" with the 10th anniversary concert - WONDERFUL!! - and this year they showed the 25th anniversary concert. (Alfie Boe ROCKS Jean Valjean!) This week they're showing "The King and I", and they've broadcast lots of other Broadway, symphonic and operatic programs I never would have seen on my own. Still, those Proms sound fabulous and I'm still jealous.   Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 28 Dec 2019, 10:30

Shock jock Don Imus has died he was 79.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content