George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
May 2019 chit chat EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
May 2019 chit chat EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
May 2019 chit chat EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
May 2019 chit chat EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
May 2019 chit chat EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
May 2019 chit chat EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
May 2019 chit chat EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
May 2019 chit chat EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
May 2019 chit chat EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

May 2019 chit chat

+3
Joanna
carolhathaway
annemarie
7 posters

Go down

May 2019 chit chat Empty May 2019 chit chat

Post by annemarie Mon 13 May 2019, 16:40

Doris Day has passed a way she was 97.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

May 2019 chit chat Empty Re: May 2019 chit chat

Post by carolhathaway Mon 13 May 2019, 16:51

Que sera, sera.
Whatever will be, will be.
The future's not ours to see,
Que sera, sera...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 13 May 2019, 18:17

I don't know where to post this news.

Bashir has been prosecuted in connection with
the deaths of protesters.

BRILLIANT NEWS.......I BET GEORGE AND AMAL

ARE THRILLED.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 13 May 2019, 18:46

HORRIBLE  MAN......URRRRGH.

May 2019 chit chat _106933883_bashirImage copyrightAFPImage captionMr Bashir has not been photographed since he was ousted from power

Sudan has charged ousted President Omar al-Bashir with incitement and involvement in the killing of protesters, the public prosecutor said.
The charges came during an investigation into the death of a medic, killed during the protests that led to the end of his rule. 
Mr Bashir has not been seen or heard from in public since he was ousted from power on 11 April.
He was later reported to have been moved to a prison in Khartoum.
At the beginning of May he was ordered to appear before a prosecutor for questioning over allegations of money laundering and terror financing.
Mr Bashir had been in power for almost 30 years when, in December, protesters started demanding he resign. 
A military council took over and is currently in power but demonstrators are insisting that it hands over to a civilian administration. 
Talks between the military and an opposition coalition have been taking place in an effort to establish a joint transitional body to run the country.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 14 May 2019, 04:27

Couldn’t agree more Joanna. He is where he belongs and should stay for the rest of his life. ... prison!

Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Tue 14 May 2019, 06:09

That's really good news! Sometimes justice happens...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 14 May 2019, 17:31

Tim Conway has passed away he was 85.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 14 May 2019, 22:05

That's really sad news. Some of the funniest things I've ever seen were his bits on the Carol Burnett Show. RIP.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 15 May 2019, 03:55

Conway was a terrific and unique comedian. I remember watching him so many times on Carol Burnett’s Show. What literally brought tears to my eyes from laughing so hard was when Conway would start to crack up during a skit, especially with Harvey Korman. Then Korman would lose it and it was all downhill after that. Fun memories.

Doris Day. I grew up watching her movies. What I most admired about her was her love and respect for animals and the way she stood by Rock Hudson after it came out that he had AIDS ... which was a shocking revelation at the time.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 15 May 2019, 13:06

I wonder if people now realize just how much of a shock it was when it came out that Rock Hudson had AIDS. It was a very different time, when the disease was considered a death sentence and most people had no idea that Hudson was gay. After all, he was the leading man and love interest in most of his movies. It says a lot about Doris Day that she publicly supported him through all he went through.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 16 May 2019, 00:51

Yes Lizzy.  It truly does show that Doris Day was a woman of character.   I remember the headlines about Rock Hudson having AIDS.  It was a huge story.  He was this virile sexy leading man.  Then we find out that he was not only gay but had AIDS.  My children’s generation has probably never heard of Rock Hudson or Doris Day.

Last edited by Donnamarie on Thu 16 May 2019, 00:52; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correct text)
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 16 May 2019, 02:06

Donnamarie - I grew up watching her movies on tv and enjoying them all, but once I was a little older I found some of them really hard to watch. The perpetual virgin she played in so many of the romantic comedies she made, and the helpless little woman in "Midnight Lace" I find especially unrealistic and, honestly, more than a little annoying. From what I've read, she wasn't fond of the image either.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 17 May 2019, 22:56

Has anyone tried watching "Catch 22" on Hulu? I've been trying but I keep getting "error in playing this video" (error 5003). Does anyone know what this is?

I signed up with Hulu again just to watch this show and now I can't. I'm getting really annoyed - and 'm beginning to remember why I dropped Hulu in the first place!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 17 May 2019, 23:25

Sympathise, Lizzy, but don't have Hulu here.....Channel 4 (which you get free here) but no date given for the start of the series...

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 18 May 2019, 00:11

Lizzy, that’s so frustrating. I know how you feel! If you google how to fix error 5003 on Hulu you will get options you can try at home to try and reconnect.

I have access to Hulu and am planning on watching the show in a little while but after reading your post I did go on Hulu and prompted the movie and it did begin. What you might try is to unplug your connection (mentioned also in the google search) and wait a couple of minutes and then reconnect. I have had to do this once in a while when I have trouble connecting to Amazon or Netflix.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 18 May 2019, 00:33

Donnamarie - Thanks. I finally did get it to play after about an hour of trying, but I got booted off during a commercial and now can't get it back.  I'll try your suggestion. Hopefully it will work. I didn't think to try Google. Hulu's "help" was useless.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 18 May 2019, 01:42

Donnamarie - Thought I'd let you know your advice worked. I had to cancel Hulu and then sign on again, but I was able to finally watch the first episode. It's really good! I won't say any more - I don't want to spoil it for anyone - but it really is  worth a watch.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sat 18 May 2019, 20:10

Is anybody watching the ESC (European Song Contest) from Tel Aviv?
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 18 May 2019, 21:05

Sorry, no. I'm still trying to watch "Catch 22".  After a lot of aggravation I saw episode 1 yesterday. Today I tried to see episode 2 and had the same problem. I guess I'll just have to keep trying and once I get it I'll have to watch the whole thing at once. I don't like Hulu!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 18 May 2019, 21:11

Yes! Quite a lot of giggles, Carol!

And one of the presenters is wearing a bustier -

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sun 19 May 2019, 09:06

It really was funny, PAN! I was surprised how many problems Madonna seemed to have had. Was also wondering if the presenter had forgotten her dress and always love it when they show these little film clips where the artists visit places in the country. I also enjoyed the show act where winners sang other winners' songs and reminiscences of former winners and their songs.
There were some songs I really liked - the songs from the Netherlands, North Macedonia and esp Australia were good IMO. There also was another song - I can't remember which one it was which always is the problem for me since there are so many of them in just a very short time. Others were just like you've heard them before dozens of times - maybe xomebody else should get the credit for it...
But the dramaturgy when the votes show up us really nervewrecking - and how different experts and the audience vote.

All in all, I really enjoyed watching it!
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 20 May 2019, 11:57

Anyone have trouble last night getting on COH? I had trouble sending one post but finally got it through but a second one later in the evening would not go through. I tried multiple times to get access to COH and could not.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 20 May 2019, 12:38

I did as well , Couldn't post and was shown a page on that said create a free forum. The site was gone.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 20 May 2019, 13:34

No problem getting on COH, but trouble getting online at all Saturday. Of course Microsoft was updating so who knows what they did. There are always glitches after an update.

BTW, is anyone else watching "Catch 22"? I'm curious to know what you think.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 20 May 2019, 13:58

Lizzy I’ve watched four episodes. I definitely like it over Mike Nichol’s version. I prefer the chronological style of telling the story over the flashback version of Nichols or Heller’s novel. Didn’t you read the book? I think any novel to screen recreation always has shortcomings. I get the feeling from some reviews I’ve read that this story was maybe one that should have been left to print instead of reinterpretation onto the screen. But so far I like what I’ve seen. There are a few comments I will keep to myself until more of us have been able to watch. The cinematography and music really give real texture to the story. I do not like the commercial interruptions though. The negative of having a project on Hulu.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 20 May 2019, 15:44

Donnamarie - The commercials annoy me, too. If they bother you that much, spring for the more expensive package that's commercial free. I'm just going to drop Hulu after I finish watching "Catch 22".

I did read the book - probably about a million years ago - and tried to re-read it recently, but couldn't get into it. I like the chronological style of the movie as well, but I think no screen treatment of "Catch 22" would satisfy fans of the book. As a stand-alone production I think this series is quite good. Good performances all around. The cinematography is brilliant and the attention to period detail is spot on. Like you, there are some things I don't want to discuss until more people have seen the show.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 23 May 2019, 19:32

Lizzy have you been able to watch any more episodes? Has anyone else here been watching?

I have finished watching the show. A little surprise in the last episode that many of George’s fans here will really enjoy seeing Smile
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 23 May 2019, 21:08

Donnamarie - I got through the first three episodes but haven't been able to see the last three. I keep getting error messages and I haven't had the patience to keep trying. I figure I'll give it one more try and if I can't make it work I'll forget about it. I wish they had signed on with Netflix instead of Hulu.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 24 May 2019, 00:37

Donnamarie - Very Happy I hate Hulu! I finally was able to see the rest of the episodes, but only after I cancelled my Hulu subscription (for the second time). It doesn't expire until mid-June so I gave it one last shot and it worked- and then I realised I didn't get to watch the first three episodes until after I cancelled the subscription the first time! So I guess if you're a Hulu member you don't get to watch anything until you cancel. Or maybe it's just me they hate.

Anyhoo...I liked the last two episodes a lot. Came to episode six and kept asking myself "Is that who I think it is?" And it was! Cool! There are a couple of COH posters who will be very happy!

I was surprised to see that the kid who played Rusty on "Major Crimes" (I can never remember his real name) had a fairly prominent role in this. He gave a really good performance and I hope being in this means his career is taking off.

I don't want to say too much. I'd hate to spoil the show for anyone else, but I can't wait until everyon's ready to discuss it.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 24 May 2019, 03:25

No fan of Hulu either Lizzy. The only thing I’ve ever watched are ER episodes. Hate the commercials especially when I’m used to watching limited series on Amazon or Netflix with NO interruptions. That was the only downside to watching the show. I absolutely agree that the fifth and sixth episodes were the best. I think one reviewer even mentioned that it takes a few episodes before the viewer feels really connected to these characters. Think he was right. Overall really well acted and produced. Beautifully shot in Italy! I have some quibbles to chat about at a later time. Very Happy
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 24 May 2019, 14:06

I wonder if anyone else is watching. Nobody has said anything yet. Is it because it hasn't started playing overseas yet or because it isn't available at all in some places?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sat 25 May 2019, 01:21

No it’s not on any of our channels... but I worry by the time it gets here no one will want to see it ....

George’s interviews regarding his kids being in danger, ring hollow in a country where thousands of people voluntarily displaced them selves from one end of the country to the other, or even left the country ... for one reason and one reason only to prioritise the safety of their kids! .... people lost good jobs, gave up professional positions, lost money on properties and 
even simply left everything .... simply to protect their family .... many were working on matters AS IMPORTANT as Mrs Clooney’s.... but still headed for safety.....

George drawing attention to their circumstances, rather than keeping it out of the “news” .... looks ingenious or even publicity seeking .... at any cost... the most precious of costs....

I’m not as proud of George as I used to be, protective yes, as much as I can ..... but sometimes you just wish “less said soonest mended”.....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 25 May 2019, 11:01

WWHS, I've responded in the Catch 22 Hollywood Reporter thread re the safety issue, but no, it's not on in the UK yetand no announcement when it will be....

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 25 May 2019, 14:19

PAN - According to a THR article you posted on 7/30/18, "Catch22" will air on Canal Plus in France, Sky Italia in Italy and Channel 4 in the UK. No dates were given.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 27 May 2019, 14:09

Happy Memorial Day, thanking those who served our county.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down