George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George will receive the AFI Life achievement award - Page 4 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George will receive the AFI Life achievement award - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George will receive the AFI Life achievement award - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George will receive the AFI Life achievement award - Page 4 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George will receive the AFI Life achievement award - Page 4 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George will receive the AFI Life achievement award - Page 4 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George will receive the AFI Life achievement award - Page 4 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George will receive the AFI Life achievement award - Page 4 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George will receive the AFI Life achievement award - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George will receive the AFI Life achievement award

+12
annemarie
ladybugcngc
it's me
What Would He Say
carolhathaway
LizzyNY
Donnamarie
party animal - not!
hairyhound
Way2Old4Dis
Joanna
PigPen
16 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

George will receive the AFI Life achievement award - Page 4 Empty Re: George will receive the AFI Life achievement award

Post by it's me Wed 20 Jun 2018, 15:30

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

BEHIND THE CURTAIN

[size=56]Exclusive: Here’s What It Was Like Backstage at George Clooney’s A.F.I. Tribute[/size]

How Amal Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Cate Blanchett, Bill Murray, and more calmed their nerves and toasted their friend.

[url=https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.vanityfair.com%2Fhollywood%2F2018%2F06%2Fgeorge-clooney-afi&t=Exclusive%3A Here%E2%80%99s What It Was Like Backstage at George Clooney%E2%80%99s A.F.I. Tribute][/url]
[url=https://twitter.com/share?text=Exclusive%3A Here%E2%80%99s What It Was Like Backstage at George Clooney%E2%80%99s A.F.I.][/url]

Emma McIn

Perched on a director’s chair in an off-the-shoulder pink Prada gown, as a man brushed her dark, flowing hair into a state of perfection, and a woman touched up her lipstick, Amal Clooney held up her phone to check her image in one hand, and clutched the notecards for anuncharacteristically personal speech in another. Amal, a woman accustomed to prosecuting war criminals at the Hague and speaking up for victims of ISIS at the United Nations, was about to talk to a ballroom full of celebrities about her husband,George Clooney. “I’m just going to remind you, because you’re tall, that you don’t have to lean into the microphone,” a stage manager told Amal, who nodded knowingly.
Amal’s composure stood in contrast to the anxiety of the professional entertainers who came to fête George at the June 6 A.F.I. Life Achievement Award gala, which TNT will air on Thursday at 10 P.M., E.S.T, and TCM will rebroadcast in September during a night of programming dedicated to George’s work.

Vanity Fair was allowed to linger in the wings of Hollywood’s Dolby Theatre during the show, a perfect perch for watching stars like Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Bill Murray, Diane Keaton, Miley Cyrus, Shirley MacLaine, Julianna Margulies, Jimmy Kimmel, Laura Dern, Anna Kendrick, andRichard Kind pay tribute to and occasionally roast their friend.

As they projected poise onstage, behind the scenes the stars grappled with stage fright, speech planning, and microphone management. Kendrick, George’s Up in the Air co-star, fidgeted with her rings and described herself to a stage manager as “very nervous but alright” before taking the stage. Exiting and clearly relieved after finishing her remarks, Kendrick bumped into George’s The Monuments Men andThe Good German co-star Cate Blanchett, who looked up from a printout of her speech notes and declared, “I’m so bad at this.” (For what it’s worth, no, she’s not, but isn’t it sort of comforting to know that even the seemingly dauntless Blanchett feels anxious before giving a speech?)
“Why do we do this? We could just say no,” Kendrick said.
“I was just crying in the bathroom,” Blanchett replied.

“I’m gonna go have a whiskey, then I’m gonna go laugh so hard and be like, ‘This fucking bitch. She’s great,’” Kendrick said as a way to assure Blanchett she would have a cheerleader in the crowd during her speech. “Nice to meet you, by the way.”

Some presenters opted to switch up the stage crew’s well laid plans. “The ladies are swapping! The ladies are swapping!” a stage manager said into his headset, as Aniston and Cox decided to enter from the opposite sides of the stage to which they had been assigned (Aniston preferred to enter from stage left). A photographer asked Aniston if it was O.K. to snap a photo. “Do it without me knowing,” Aniston said.
“You look gorgeous!” Aniston said to Dern, as Dern exited the stage, after delivering a monologue in which she shouted out an early film credit she and George share, the never released Grizzly II: The Predator. “So funny, too,” Aniston said. “I didn’t know any of that.”
In stage right, Murray, whom George directed in The Monuments Men, slipped on his reading glasses, pulled some notecards out of his suit pocket, and began studying them while rocking back and forth on his heels. Around him, a bluegrass band dressed in overalls and porkpie hats for a performance of “I Am a Man of Constant Sorrow” from O Brother, Where Art Thou?, began to gather. Murray looked up from his notecards and said, “I hope you guys get to keep your wardrobe.” “What’s up, Murray?!” Cyrus, on hand to perform, greeted the comic, as a stage manager began to give the singer some advice about her microphone. “You can go for it,” the stage manager told Cyrus. “Oh, I’ll go for it,” Cyrus answered. “I just don’t want it to pop.”

At age 57, George seemed to many to be too young to be collecting a life-achievement award. “I know all of you thought the same thing that I thought,” Murray told the crowd. “George is dying.” Instead, George seemed to be living his best life. At the end of the evening, after an emotional speech in which he praised the “one great love” in his life, the actor came backstage and thanked the catering crew. “Has that ever happened before?” one waiter asked another, who shook his head, wide-eyed.
As well-wishers departed for an after-party, George huddled with Amal and his parents backstage, all of them beaming. “Oh my golly!” said George’s father, Nick. “You did a wonderful job,” his mother, Nina, said to Amal.

it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George will receive the AFI Life achievement award - Page 4 Empty Re: George will receive the AFI Life achievement award

Post by LizzyNY Wed 20 Jun 2018, 15:41

Carolhathway - It's one of his stock go-to stories whenever he talks about growing up. Baseball, the Christmas gift-giving, the bunk bed penance... there are a few stories he goes back to time and again.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Wed 20 Jun 2018, 15:43

carolhathaway wrote:
Doug Ross wrote:"I had everything, except talent." Ahahahah 
Thanks for these, Benex.

Do you guys remember the interview that he did where he explained his baseball audition? I was thinking about it while watching the clip, but I can't remember if he was on a talk show or what.
He also talked about it with  Letterman on 'My next guest needs no introduction'.

Oh, so that's probably the interview that I remember, because it was pretty recently. Thanks Very Happy:D:D

Thank you for the article, ladies. It's somehow comforting knowing that they stil suffer from stage fright. 

"At the end of the evening, after an emotional speech in which he praised the “one great love” in his life, the actor came backstage and thanked the catering crew. “Has that ever happened before?” one waiter asked another, who shook his head, wide-eyed." 
He's the best.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 20 Jun 2018, 17:07

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 20 Jun 2018, 17:31

LizzyNY wrote:It looks like fun, but what does it have to do with George?

It was into the speech
And she is reall his friend
The actress I mean

Thanks for all videos Thumbs up!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Wed 20 Jun 2018, 17:56

it's me wrote:
I was thinking at

Already out
Someone already seen?
Amal mention "Mary Poppins" in her speech.  I wonder if George or Amal have a voice-over in it.  

I see it's out...  bounce 

Has the news of its release been extended to the overall public?
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 20 Jun 2018, 18:05

It's not out.

It's out at Christmas as the teaser trailer says...........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 20 Jun 2018, 18:54

Doug Ross, so true!  I don’t think you could find a nicer celebrity in Hollywood than George.  He IS the best!  Did you ever watch his appearance on ‘Ellen’ with two of the Cincinnati Red’s Hall of Fame baseball players?  It was a great interview!

Really nice videos of George.  I could listen to him talk for hours.  I wish he would do another in-depth with someone like James Lipton.  He also did a couple of solid interviews with Charlie Rose.  But that ain’t happening again .....
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Wed 20 Jun 2018, 19:05

Yes, Donna, I saw that interview. It's probably one the first interview with that I've seen, back then. 

Well, we had the interview with Dave. But Lipton's interviews are always great.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by benex Wed 20 Jun 2018, 19:07

will someone record the telecast tomorrow? or do you think i could find it online later?
benex
benex
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Wed 20 Jun 2018, 19:26

party animal - not! wrote:It's not out.

I was asking if the trailer has been released.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 20 Jun 2018, 19:37

Benex - I'm sorry I can't record it for you but maybe someone else can. I'm pretty sure it'll turn up on YouTube fairly soon so you'll probably be able to catch it there.

For anyone interested, the James Lipton interview was still on YouTube last time I looked and so was the Charlie Rose program where they toured George's Studio City house.

I really wish Charlie Rose hadn't turned out to be such a perv. He was a great interviewer.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 20 Jun 2018, 20:20

the James Lipton interview is no more there Neutral
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 21 Jun 2018, 00:56

It's Me - I just checked and you're right. For some reason they've taken down the complete interview - and not just George's interview. Seems like they edited all or most of the ITAS shows. If you go to YouTube and type in the Actor's Studio or George Clooney, you will find short clips taken from the show but not the whole show as it aired. I wonder why they did that. It's annoying.

The awards season house tour and several of his other interviews with Charlie Rose are still there if you look under "George Clooney" and scroll down.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 21 Jun 2018, 09:42

What a pity! I especially loved that interview with James Lipton, his stories and especially his interaction with the students.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 21 Jun 2018, 11:10

Quite ironic that we can't see his work - but Charlie Rose's stuff is still there!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by hairyhound Thu 21 Jun 2018, 13:20

Is there a live stream of TNT to watch the AFI awards?
hairyhound
hairyhound
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 21 Jun 2018, 13:37

PAN - It isn't YouTube's fault. It seems The Actors Studio has edited most of the ITAS interviews and posted only a few segments of each. They've been doing this for a while, but they still had some complete interviews posted. Now it seems they don't. Really annoying.

The Charlie Rose interviews pop up when you type in George's name on YouTube. (So do the ITAS clips, but you have to look for them.) I'm glad the Charlie Rose stuff is still there. He may be a pig, but he was a really good interviewer and his conversations with George were always interesting.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 21 Jun 2018, 14:25

Understand, Lizzy. 'Twas just an observation, and given that Charile Rose has had to disappear from the screens and the CEO of Youtube is a woman, I was surprised he was still there!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 21 Jun 2018, 14:29

Yep Lizzy sadly Charlie Rose really screwed himself.  Such a talented interviewer and so smart (except about his personal behavior).  

Hairyhound, I think as Lizzy mentioned in an earlier post that you will need to look on YouTube for the video of the award show.  I’m not aware of any other way to view it other than on the TNT cable network.  It looks like TNT is going to show two ‘Oceans’ movies prior to the 10:00 award telecast.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Thu 21 Jun 2018, 15:47

I don't know where to post it, but I remember Lisa Snowdon giving him the same vote. 

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Thu 21 Jun 2018, 16:22

Doug Ross wrote:I don't know where to post it, but I remember Lisa Snowdon giving him the same vote. 

scratch Are you ok Doug Ross?  Maybe you want to talk about it.  I have a listening ear.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Thu 21 Jun 2018, 17:22

Everything's great. I was on Twitter and, accidentally, found that video.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Thu 21 Jun 2018, 17:48

Doug Ross wrote:Everything's great. I was on Twitter and, accidentally, found that video.
The very thought of him makes my heart sing melodies...  

If he wasn't married, I could marry him today!!!

Your twitter find made me  Embarassed .
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Thu 21 Jun 2018, 18:30

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Thu 21 Jun 2018, 20:43

party animal - not! wrote:It's not out.

I've heard sometimes Christmas comes in July.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 21 Jun 2018, 21:47

Just a note re: the ITAS interview. I googled "George Clooney Inside the Actors Studio" and there were links to Bravo TV that aired the show. They don't have the complete program, but they do have about 15 clips - much more than the Actors Studio site.

There were a lot of other links that I didn't have time to check out, so the whole thing might just be there somewhere for anyone who's interested.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 22 Jun 2018, 08:39

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 22 Jun 2018, 08:48

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 22 Jun 2018, 13:02

Thanks

I guess there was some editing

Right ?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 22 Jun 2018, 13:06

I am really happy he was able to talk like that to his parents
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 22 Jun 2018, 13:54

Welcome back George
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 22 Jun 2018, 14:22

party animal - not! wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Different from

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 22 Jun 2018, 14:42

Thanks PAN and It's Me for the clips. I watched last night. George looked great and everyone seemed happy, but something felt off. There didn't seem to be enough speakers, and the speeches seemed too short to fill an evening of tributes to a whole career. Bill Murray said they gave him 9 minutes, but I don't think we saw more than 2 or 3. I know they have to edit to make room for commercials, but now I wonder what else they cut. I don't think we'll ever see the whole thing.

That said, I loved his speech - especially what he said about his parents. It's wonderful that they were able to be there for something so special to him and to hear him credit them for being his inspiration. Lovely.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 22 Jun 2018, 14:53

I don’t remember the Tony Randell comment in last night’s telecast so time restraints may have required  some minor editing.  

I enjoyed the speeches last night from George’s friends and family.  Richard Kind was really funny.  Jimmy Kimmel too!   Personally I didn’t think the retrospective of George’s body of work was presented in the most effective way.  There were films that weren’t included in the ceremony.  And I didn’t like how there were scenes from some classic movies juxtaposed with some scenes of George’s movies.  A scene from ‘Casablanca’ with Humphrey Bogart shown against a scene from ‘The Good German’?  I get it ... but don’t really appreciate it.  So as much as I liked seeing George and his family and friends and hearing the wonderful words about our guy I just didn’t think the event was produced that well.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Fri 22 Jun 2018, 15:35

it's me wrote:

Welcome back George

I love Amal's reaction, when Julianne said that George's a good kisser. 

Also, Nick and Nina reaction at the end makes me think that they cut a lot from the speech.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 22 Jun 2018, 15:43

Donnamarie - I agree about the production, but I still can't help but feel like there was a lot that we didn't get to see. They were there for hours. What were they doing in between those brief comments by his friends? I bet that's where all the fun was.

IMO the best part of the evening were the interview clips of George and his and Amal's speeches.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Fri 22 Jun 2018, 16:20

I really wish we could see Nick's speech.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 22 Jun 2018, 17:16

Doug Ross wrote:I don't know where to post it, but I remember Lisa Snowdon giving him the same vote. 

I didn't see it till now

Who is she?!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 22 Jun 2018, 18:31

This from The Wrap.  Sorry I can’t post actual article

Last edited by Donnamarie on Fri 22 Jun 2018, 18:35; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : correct text)
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Fri 22 Jun 2018, 18:43

it's me wrote:

I didn't see it till now

Who is she?!
Shocked
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 22 Jun 2018, 19:46

[size=40]George Clooney’s AFI Tribute: 5 Things You Didn’t See on TV[/size]

Shameless selfies, executives gone wild and where was Julia?
Matt Donnelly | June 21, 2018 @ 6:19 PMLast Updated: June 21, 2018 @ 6:24 PM
TNT aired the American Film Institute’s Lifetime Achievement Award special for George Clooney Thursday night — but the real shenanigans went down on June 11 at Hollywood’s Dolby Theatre.
Presenters and the actor’s friends like Jennifer Aniston, Bill Murray, Don Cheadle, Cate Blanchett, Anna Kendrick, father Nick Clooney and Shirley MacLaine showed for the party.
TheWrap was in the house and got all the real-time action you won’t see on TV, starting with …
Also Read:How George Clooney 'Caused a Lot of Problems' for Roseanne Barr During 'Roseanne's' Heyday
Executives Gone Wild

Many of Hollywood’s most powerful brass sit on the board of the American Film Institute, so naturally they’re invited to the big show. And come they did. Walt Disney Studios chairman Alan Horn attended, chatting up social types and journalists in the gallery bar of the Dolby before dinner.
Tucked in a corner at the back of the house, furrow-browed and preoccupied, was Warner Bros. Entertainment CEO Kevin Tsujihara. In fairness, news that a federal court would approve the merger of WB owner Time Warner and tech giant AT&T was not yet decided or released. He was likely dodging uncomfortable questions from half the room (the show was taped on June 11).

Also Read:George Clooney in Early Talks to Direct 'Echo' at Fox
He wasn’t the most embattled executive there by a mile. Ironically, the most boisterous in the building was Leslie Moonves. Headlines were still raging about the CBS Corp. CEO’s contemptuous and extremely public battle with boss Shari Redstone. Nothing deterred him that night, with wife and anchor Julie Chen on his arm. The pair were from rolicking table to table, laughing and smiling with their peers.
We also spotted Paramount CEO Jim Gianopulos, who had a lengthy conversation with the man of the hour. Other industry types in the room included Clooney’s longtime agents and CAA managing partners Bryan Lourd and Kevin Huvane. The former sat at Clooney’s table with husband Bruce Bozzi.

Amal Clooney, Rande Gerber, Cindy Crawford

Selfie Saturation
The AFI tribute is perhaps the least private night of a given honoree’s life. Your career, loved ones, accolades and many individual characteristics and quirks are laid bare, but it’s a joyous kind of exposure.
Still, it was a bit shocking to see how bold many of the invited dinner guests — some big stars in their own right — were in marching up to Clooney and his wife, Amal, to take selfies.
Protocol dictates that after the guest of honor is introduced and heads to their table (a procession that is captured by TNT’s cameras) production takes a break and everyone is invited to eat dinner. With a forkful of breaded cod and cauliflower prepared by Wolfgang Puck in his mouth, guests marched up to Clooney and jutted their phones in front of his face.
No “may I?” Not even a request that he stand. People wanted their Instagram name-drop and then to go about their business. Clooney was, of course, graceful and compliant. Amal even soldiered through one or two as the Audi-sponsored event raged on.
Also Read:All the Stars at Royal Wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle (Photos)
Swag
In breaking with custom, the AFI offered a coffee-table-style retrospective of Clooney’s work as a token of the evening for dinner guests. Past years have doled out home entertainment box sets with honorees’ greatest hits. Another hit for the DVD market.
Brad? Julia? Matt? 
Lets’s switch is up — here are a few things you’ll only see on TV, if at all. There were a few conspicuous stars missing in the flesh at the Dolby. Julia Roberts was originally announced as the A-lister who would physically hand the trophy to Clooney, which also comes with the added pressure of delivering the most succinct and poignant speech.
She pulled out last minute with no explanation. Appearing via video message in what seemed to be a costume (from her Amazon drama “Homecoming,” we’d guess), Roberts’ gag saw her on the side of the road holding a sign that read: “Honk if you love George.”
Shirley MacLaine filled in and delivered an emotional and worthy speech though, even she had to admit onstage, she doesn’t know the guy that well.
Also absent was Clooney’s “Oceans” partner in crime Brad Pitt, who appeared via pretaped message in a skit about Clooney’s legendary pranks. Matt Damon, another “Oceans” star who also led the Clooney-directed film “The Monuments Men,” was neither seen nor heard from.
Don Cheadle held it town for the original cast of the Steven Soderbergh heist film family.
Also Read:George Clooney's 'Catch-22' on Hulu Casts Christopher Abbott As Lead
Tequila! 
Clooney is a part owner of Casamigos Tequila, which was suspiciously absent from the tables in the Dolby. That’s probably because it was on ice and perched on every free surface at the Clooneys’ after party.
West Hollywood eatery and renowned celebrity haunt Craig’s played host to a precious few of the couple’s best friends. Their Casamigos partners and vacation pals Cindy Crawford and Rande Gerber were present. The fete’s unofficial emcee was Jimmy Kimmel, practically the first one to arrive who beamed at guests as they packed in.
Tumblers of scotch were also passed. Marina sauce was spilled. Frank Sinatra was barely heard over conversations late into the night.

Show 2 Comments

Party Report: Miley Cyrus and Bill Murray Are New Drinking Buddies at George Clooney's AFI Bash (Photos)

Previous Slide
Next Slide

1 of 21
Inside the industry’s toast to the actor-producer-politico at the home of the Oscars
George Clooney's costars (like Cate Blanchett), pals (like Julia Roberts) and studio heads flooded the home of the Oscars to honor him with the AFI Life Achievement Award on Thursday. Bill Murray and Miley Cyrus' backstage party for two topped the social scene at the Dolby Theater in Hollywood.

View In Gallery

[size=34]RELATED CONTENT[/size]

• [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    MOVIES

George Clooney in Early Talks to Direct ‘Echo’ at Fox

By Beatrice Verhoeven | June 20, 2018 @ 8:33 AM

• [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    TV

Party Report: Miley Cyrus and Bill Murray Are New Drinking Buddies at George Clooney’s AFI Bash (Photos)

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Fri 22 Jun 2018, 20:29

I think it is wonderful the American Film Institute honored George Clooney with a Lifetime Achievement Award.  I thought the mix between classic Hollywood in relationship with George Clooney's body of work was spot on.  George Clooney is classic old Hollywood that translates to everyone from the 30's, 40's.... to 70's, 80's.... to Gen X, Millennials,... timeless talent.  It was nice to see the American Film Institute honor his work.

I loved the honor George extended to his parents.  I loved his expression of the love and respect he has for the entertainment industry. 

I thought Amal's outfit was tacky and tasteless, I have no idea why any wife would wear that to honor her husband in front of his peers.  Amal looked Sophisticated and elegant in that burgundy dress at the London Gala.  She looked like a girlfriend trying way to hard at George Clooney's Award ceremony.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 22 Jun 2018, 21:18

Ladybug - Smile Lighten up! She looked fine. After all, it is Hollywood. A little over-the-top fashion victim is ok. The color looked good on her and her hair looked nice. I'm sure George wasn't complaining.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Fri 22 Jun 2018, 21:30

LizzyNY wrote:Ladybug - Smile Lighten up! She looked fine. After all, it is Hollywood. A little over-the-top fashion victim is ok. The color looked good on her and her hair looked nice. I'm sure George wasn't complaining.
In my opinion, Amal looked tacky and tasteless at George Clooney"s award dinner. 

In my opinion, Amal looked elegant and sophisticated days later at the London Gala.

Both of these opinions were stated.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 22 Jun 2018, 22:27

And you are entitled to both opinions. Obviously they were stated, or I wouldn't have  known about them. All I'm saying is that you're taking her clothes too seriously. IMO she looked ok. Better than some occasions, worse than others. Personally, I wouldn't have worn that get-up, but I wouldn't wear a lot of the stuff she does. Either way it doesn't matter because the night wasn't about her , it was all about George and he looked great. For this night, at least, she really was just arm candy.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 22 Jun 2018, 22:31

Two very different occasions.  One was Hollywood and the other was for intellectual
university alumni and a diplomatic event and Amal dressed accordingly.

And in any case, what we think is to some extent trivial and irrelevant. And in comparison with some of George's former girlfriends Amal is positively discreet......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Fri 22 Jun 2018, 22:39

party animal - not! wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Oh god, now I get the prank with the nappy and the pot of nutella ahahah. That man in dangerous with children. 

Anyway, it's pretty strange that they reach for Brad Pitt but not Matt, maybe because he's out of town.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Fri 22 Jun 2018, 22:42

it's me wrote:

I didn't see it till now

Who is she?!

I don't know the woman from the video, she's probably in Desperate Housewife of something.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 22 Jun 2018, 22:43

It doesn't matter what anyone thinks like all of us she wears what she likes. And George looked very happy and proud with her on his arm.  She definitely is Pan.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next