George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George to receive Cesar award this year? EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George to receive Cesar award this year? EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George to receive Cesar award this year? EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George to receive Cesar award this year? EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George to receive Cesar award this year? EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George to receive Cesar award this year? EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George to receive Cesar award this year? EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George to receive Cesar award this year? EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
George to receive Cesar award this year? EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George to receive Cesar award this year?

+15
benex
annemarie
Katiedot
Donnamarie
it's me
carolhathaway
ladybugcngc
Way2Old4Dis
PigPen
Sevens
Missa
Doug Ross
LizzyNY
Alisonfan
party animal - not!
19 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

George to receive Cesar award this year? Empty George to receive Cesar award this year?

Post by party animal - not! Sat 21 Jan 2017, 10:51

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Many thanks to Frenchiesfans

This is interesting because the jury have elected Roman Polanski as their head this year. Will George be 'unavailable'?

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George to receive Cesar award this year? Empty Re: George to receive Cesar award this year?

Post by Alisonfan Sat 21 Jan 2017, 11:36

Well done to George!

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

George to receive Cesar award this year? Empty Re: George to receive Cesar award this year?

Post by LizzyNY Sat 21 Jan 2017, 14:41

PAN - This is one I've never heard of. Who gives the Cesar awards? Is it something like to Oscars or more like the People's Choice Awards?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Sat 21 Jan 2017, 16:24

They are considered as the french Oscars.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 21 Jan 2017, 18:09

They are.........but the man they have chosen to be president of the jury this year is Roman Polanski, who has been charged with underage sex in a US court, but then fled to France ahead of conviction..................

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 21 Jan 2017, 19:05

Thanks for the info. I don't know if it's because he's a talented director, because of the horrible way his wife died, or because there's a different attitude towards sex in his circles but it seems Polanski's never really been held to account for those rape charges.

Could it be because he claimed he didn't know the girl was under age? That she lied? Or is it just that it was so long ago that they don't care anymore?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 21 Jan 2017, 20:20

I'm not sure, but the story has not gone away.

With that in mind, it's going to be very interesting to see what George decides to do should it turn out that he is to receive the honour.....

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sat 21 Jan 2017, 22:04

LizzyNY wrote:Thanks for the info. I don't know if it's because he's a talented director, because of the horrible way his wife died, or because there's a different attitude towards sex in his circles but it seems Polanski's never really been held to account for those rape charges.

Could it be because he claimed he didn't know the girl was under age? That she lied? Or is it just that it was so long ago that they don't care anymore?

He drugged and raped a 13 year old girl at a party at Jack Nicholson's house in 1978. He initially pled not guilty, but then accepted a plea bargain in which he would plead guilty to the lesser charges and serve probation. After undergoing a court-ordered psychiatric evaluation, he learned he would likely be either imprisoned or deported, and fled the country. He has been unable to return to the United States since under threat of immediate arrest. In fact, when he was nominated for an Oscar a few years back for The Pianist, federal authorities were waiting at the theater in case he showed.

I would be enormously disappointed in George if he accepted an award from this person. His occasional compliments toward Woody Allen bother me enough, never mind if he pals around with a child rapist for a trophy.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 21 Jan 2017, 22:19

Missa - I wonder if George would see it like that. It's not as if he'd be going to the awards just to hang out with Polanski. He's apparently being honored for his lifetime of work by the French cinema industry. Should he turn the award down because they exhibit poor taste in their choice of Polanski as president of the jury? Maybe. I don't know. I guess it depends on how much he values the award - and the goodwill of the French film industry.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sat 21 Jan 2017, 22:36

Yes, he should. Maybe that would appropriately shame the French film industry, which has given shelter to both Polanski and Allen.

"I am honored to have been considered for this extraordinary award. I have been lucky to work with many of you and hope to do so in the future. However, I cannot in good conscience accept an award from this jury. I remain grateful for your support, and look forward to attending the Cesar awards in the future."
Simple and direct, respectful of the award but clear about why he can't accept it. In any case, it's not like getting on the wrong side of the French film industry will make or break his career; getting his picture taken next to a child rapist, however, could and should damage his American film career. The People magazine minivan moms he courts with those "candid" photo ops won't care for that.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 21 Jan 2017, 23:51

I think you all got it wrong.  The jury is to decide who will win the awards in the competition sections this year, and George should win the honorary award which is to celebrate his lifetime achievement. I think it's selected by the senior members or president of the French Academy. Has nothing to do with the jury.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sat 21 Jan 2017, 23:57

You're making distinctions the scandal-obsessed American and international press will not. I don't think George wants to be in a position where he's promoting his Suburbicon and explaining, "No, see, the child rapist didn't give me the award, just the people he was working with."

It'll be interesting to see how he responds if he's selected. I don't think he was ever in the Academy Award audience for the occasions when someone controversial was nominated/honored (i.e., Polanski, Elia Kazan), and all eyes were on the attendees to see who applauded and who didn't.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 22 Jan 2017, 00:10

Considering all that's going on at the moment, I'm not sure this  story will get much play here. There are much, much bigger things to worry about than George getting an award from a panel that includes Polanski.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sun 22 Jan 2017, 00:15

The bad PR isn't even the point. "Don't associate with child rapists" is a pretty hard and fast rule for anyone with a moral compass. He should skip it because it's the right thing to do, even if no one notices. Especially if no one notices, since that's the true test of character: what we do when no one is looking.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 24 Jan 2017, 15:14

Roman Polanski Pulls Out Of César Awards After Outcry From French Women’s Groups
Following an outcry from French women’s groups over the selection of Roman Polanski as President of next month’s César Awards, the filmmaker has pulled out of the post. Polanski’s attorney told Agence France Presse on Tuesday morning that he has renounced the position, but called the polemic “unjustified.” The Académie des Arts et Techniques, which oversees France’s equivalent to the Oscars, has not yet responded to Polanski’s decision.
The movement against Polanski has been led by feminist org Osez Le Feminisme, which called him “an author of sexual violence who remains unpunished, protected by his celebrity status.” The 83-year-old filmmaker has been wanted in the United States for 40 years over a 1977 child sex conviction. At the time, he cut a plea deal and served 42 days in prison, but fled the U.S. on the eve of sentencing when it appeared the judge in the case had moved the legal goalposts. The Chinatown and Pianist director has been a fugitive from American justice ever since, continuing to live and work largely in France. Multiple attempts to extradite him to the U.S. have stalled.
Osez Le Feminisme has also yet to respond to this morning’s revelation, but had earlier called for a protest of the Césars ceremony on February 24, saying it was “nauseated” by the Académie’s decision to offer Polanski the presidency. The role is a largely honorary title with no major function other than to speak at the beginning of the telecast and officially open the event.
A social media campaign that began last week has been accompanied by an online petition which had garnered over 61K signatures by this morning. According to local reports, Polanski’s attorney told AFP that the filmmaker had been “deeply saddened” by the controversy which had “affected his family.”
Polanski has been in and out of European courts as prosecutors have sought his extradition to the U.S. He holds dual citizenship in France and Poland, residing primarily in France. While French law prohibits extradition of its citizens, Polish law does not. In December, Poland’s supreme court upheld an earlier verdict that Polanski cannot be extradited to the U.S., bringing a definitive end to the case in the Oscar-winning filmmaker’s native country.
Previously, in 2009, Polanski was placed under house arrest in Switzerland while a similar extradition request was examined. He was released after nine months.
Samantha Geimer, the victim in the 1977 case, has repeatedly said she believes Polanski’s exile has been punishment enough. But the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office has insisted he is subject to arrest in the United States.
Many in the French film industry refrained from commenting, although director Alexandre Arcady told Le Parisien, “The case was settled with the girl. Roman has paid a great deal… We are creating a controversy around a father who honors our cinema.” French actor François Berléand added, “I do not condone what Polanski did 40 years ago, but he is a man I deeply respect and he has a place at the Césars.”
Actor Gilles Lellouche also came to Polanski’s defense, “In France, we create polemics over everything… I think we have to be consistent. Polanski has lived in France for 40 years. The acts he is reproached for happened before his arrival in this country. For all these years, he has been making films… I’m not trying to excuse what happened, but why today more than yesterday should there be a scandal? What’s going on here? Are we becoming Americans? I don’t agree with that, and I’ll tell you, we’ve had enough with all these people who bark with the pack.”
Last week, Aurélie Filippetti, the former French Culture Minister, had defended the filmmaker as a “great director” who “should be allowed to preside over this ceremony.” Filippetti told Franco Info radio, “It’s something that happened 40 years ago. One cannot bring up this affair every time we talk about him… It’s just an awards ceremony.”
Alain Rocca, one of the six members of the committee that selects the president, had also told Le Monde he did not understand the “torrent of indignation.”
When the Académie released its announcement that Polanski would be president, it called the multiple César winner an “insatiable aesthete” and listed him as “an artist, filmmaker, producer, screenwriter, actor, director” adding, “There are a lot of words to define Roman Polanski, but only one to express our admiration and enchantment, thank you Mr President.”
César nominations will be announced tomorrow in Paris.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 24 Jan 2017, 18:19

............so let us guess how many awardees were boycotting the ceremony. Names for Cesars announced tomorrow............

Will the Oscars be similarly affected because of Casey Affleck's inclusion?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 24 Jan 2017, 18:44

PAN - Well, at least now George can attend the Cesars with a clear conscience.

I doubt the Oscars will be affected, although in this age of PC uber alles I could be wrong. Not defending the behavior of any of these men, but I have a problem with damning a person's work because of their personal behavior.

Many less-than-perfect people have created beautiful, memorable things. Should their creations be ignored because the people who made them weren't up to our personal standards? Whatever happened to "Judge not, lest you be judged" and "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone"? Or better yet, the Golden Rule?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 25 Jan 2017, 14:14

Confirmed

Thanks to Frenchiesfans

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Wed 25 Jan 2017, 15:09

Congratulations to George! Excited to watch another acception speech from him!

Last edited by Sevens on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 15:55; edited 3 times in total
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Wed 25 Jan 2017, 15:38

Okay, here's the cynic checking in. And please keep in mind that I'm not saying that George didn't/doesn't deserve these awards.

The Golden Globes honored George at the beginning of his earth-shattering marriage to Amal. First big public Hollywood event with the new couple. A coup for the Globes.

Now the news (rumor) is that she's pregnant. And lo and behold, George gets another honor. If she is pregnant, it will be the first big public confirmation viewing of the 'bump.' A coup for the Cesars.

Last edited by Way2Old4Dis on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 16:09; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected atrocious grammar)

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 25 Jan 2017, 15:56

Way2Old - Hello! So, they're honoring him because A) he found a permanent sex partner and then B) because he knocked her up?
What will he have to do to get his next award? Pull an Angelina? Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 25 Jan 2017, 16:04

As always, you hit the nail on the head.....

And it's in Europe, so she can flaunt the belly ( as she did The Ring), then go back into hiding in Sonning.  Give the woman her due- she got him to put a ring on it , and now... twins.   What superpower does this woman exactly have?  And don't tell me it's her brilliant brain.  I'm sure he's met/dated/boinked intelligent women before.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Wed 25 Jan 2017, 16:08

LizzyNY wrote:Way2Old - Hello!  So, they're honoring him because A) he found a permanent sex partner and then B) because he knocked her up?
What will he have to do to get his next award? Pull an Angelina? Very Happy

Amal has an affair with the babies' security guard. George gets honorary BAFTA 2019. Razz Laughing

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 25 Jan 2017, 19:22

Way2Old4Dis wrote:
Amal has an affair with the babies' security guard. George gets honorary BAFTA 2019. Razz Laughing
lol! lol!  THEN can he pull an Angelina?! Maybe it'll get him a directing Oscar. Then he could bring the kids home to LA, run for governor of California and build his machine to become President of the USA. If Drumpf can do it, why not George?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Wed 25 Jan 2017, 19:32

Interesting...   Shocked
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Wed 25 Jan 2017, 20:52

... and don't forget that George only appears at award shows when he's nominated. So they have to nominate him for an Oscar / Golden Globe / Bafta / Caesar / any other award in the world to get him to the show, no matter if he deserves the nomination. Which are always subjective anyway.

Everything allright with you? Or is your new POTUS driving you mad? *Irony off*
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 25 Jan 2017, 22:07

When?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 25 Jan 2017, 22:22

it's me wrote:When?
When what?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 25 Jan 2017, 23:05

When will him receive it?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 25 Jan 2017, 23:44

It's me, the ceremony is February 24th. Very Happy
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 26 Jan 2017, 05:32

Oh right
The Oscar 
Not the Venice festival kind

Ok
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 26 Jan 2017, 05:45

PigPen wrote:I'm sure he's met/dated/boinked intelligent women before.
Not that we know about [meow!]
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 26 Jan 2017, 14:20

I'd describe melbert as intelligent.  Didn't she steal him away from whateverhername is 
( fill in any previous girlfriend du jour).

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 26 Jan 2017, 14:29

Melbert?
Tell us.....
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 03 Feb 2017, 01:32

Great words from the Académie...
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 03 Feb 2017, 01:43

It's a lovely honor for our guy.  The French do have good taste.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 19 Feb 2017, 12:51

George was interviewed on Canal + this morning. Here he is at home

Thanks to Frenchiesfans.canalblog

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sun 19 Feb 2017, 14:50

Can we get rid of the French voice?
Anyway he looks great, so does the house.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 19 Feb 2017, 16:01

The video doesn't work .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 19 Feb 2017, 16:12

Annemarie, I'm posting it again

but if this doesn't work just google Frenchiesfans.canalblog and you'll find it there.

To be honest, I'd be surprised if a lot of the American agencies don't pick this up very soon. It's his first interview for a while with a lot of thoughts about the US government and babies!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 19 Feb 2017, 16:17

Thanks Pan. Hopefully we will get a version without the french voice.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sun 19 Feb 2017, 17:28

OMG,  pan you can hear what he exactly says? I could barely recognize his voice. 
The most important message so far is he says Suburbicon is coming out this fall!
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 19 Feb 2017, 17:34

Well, obviously this is for the French audience. But if you turn the sound up to it's highest you can definitely hear everything he's saying........

......and it's some time in the fall so very vague. He has other things on his mind! But he was joking that Amal will be translating for him on the red carpet.........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sun 19 Feb 2017, 18:00

Alright, I still can't figure out "EVERYTHING" he's said. Would you conclude his answers on Suburbicon and babies in particular?Thanks a lot.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 19 Feb 2017, 18:25

He said were really excited and really happy , it's going to be an adventure . We have embraced all adventures with arms wide open. He said his friends have been teasing him.

He said it's going to change a lot of things but that's o.k that's life that's what it's supposed to be.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 19 Feb 2017, 19:36

I'm not able to view the video. It freezes up soon after it starts. Amal's style site has a small clip which I could view but damn it is hard to hear George over the French voice. Thanks annemarie for making sense of some of it. Would really like to see the whole thing.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 19 Feb 2017, 19:42

Okay. Here is another link to the same interview

Let's see if this works. How is everybody's French?!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by benex Sun 19 Feb 2017, 22:49

can anyone download it and put it online :-* pleaseeeee
benex
benex
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Mon 20 Feb 2017, 00:28

Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Mon 20 Feb 2017, 06:18

Found an English version, just a shorter one.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next