I forgot my password

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George will receive the AFI Life achievement award

View previous topic View next topic Go down

George will receive the AFI Life achievement award

Post by carolhathaway on Thu 05 Oct 2017, 20:48

https://www.google.de/amp/www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/news/george-clooney-get-2017-afi-life-achievement-award-1046052

George Clooney to Get AFI Life Achievement Award

Stefania D'Alessandro/WireImage

12:38 PM PDT 10/5/2017 by Ashley Lee 

The actor becomes the 46th recipient of the honor.

George Clooney will be the 46th recipient of the AFI Life Achievement Award, the American Film Institute board of trustees announced Thursday.
The award will be presented at a gala tribute on June 7 in Los Angeles and will be subsequently broadcast by Turner Broadcasting on TNT, followed by encore presentations on sister network Turner Classic Movies.
Recent honorees include Diane Keaton, John Williams, Steve Martin, Jane Fonda, Mel Brooks, Shirley MacLaine, Morgan Freeman and Mike Nichols.

More to come.

LATEST AWARDS NEWS

MOVIESTVBUSINESSSTYLEPOLITICS
© 2017 The Hollywood Reporter. All Rights Reserved.
carolhathaway
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Re: George will receive the AFI Life achievement award

Post by carolhathaway on Thu 05 Oct 2017, 20:50

Sorry for this bizarre pic of George, I copied the whole article on my tablet and that's what appeared...
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway on Thu 05 Oct 2017, 20:55

I just realized that he'll receive the award on June 7th next year which will appearently mean that Ella and Alexander will celebrate their first birthday either in L.A. or without their daddy the day before...
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie on Fri 06 Oct 2017, 04:36

A really nice and well deserved honor for George.  I'm betting that the family will be in LA for this event ... and the little ones' birthdays.
Donnamarie
On an all-time Clooney high!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens on Fri 06 Oct 2017, 14:28

George Clooney to Receive AFI Life Achievement Award
George Clooney will be the 46th recipient of the AFI Life Achievement Award.

The award, announced on Thursday, will be presented to Clooney on June 7 in Los Angeles. The ceremony will be broadcast subsequently by Turner Broadcasting on TNT, followed by encore presentations on Turner Classic Movies.

“George Clooney is America’s leading man,” said Howard Stringer, chairman of the American Film Institute Board of Trustees. “Director, producer, writer, and actor — a modern-day screen icon who combines the glamour of a time gone by with a ferocious passion for ensuring art’s impact echoes beyond the screen. AFI is proud to present him with its 46th Life Achievement Award.”

Clooney has won a best actor Academy Award for his role in “Syriana” and a best picture Oscar as a producer on “Argo.” He’s also received best actor Oscar nominations for “Michael Clayton,” “Up in the Air,” and “The Descendants”; directing and screenplay nods for “Good Night, and Good Luck”; and a screenplay nom for “The Ides of March.”
Clooney received the American Cinematheque Award in 2006. In 2010, the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences honored him with the Bob Hope Humanitarian Award in recognition of his philanthropic efforts.

Recent recipients of the AFI Life Achievement Award include Mel Brooks, Jane Fonda, Steve Martin, John Williams, and Diane Keaton.
http://variety.com/2017/film/awards/george-clooney-afi-life-achievement-award-1202581846/
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen on Fri 06 Oct 2017, 16:51

They're going t to have  add another wing to the house in Sonning!!

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum