George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
The Serious Side - Page 6 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
The Serious Side - Page 6 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
The Serious Side - Page 6 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
The Serious Side - Page 6 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
The Serious Side - Page 6 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
The Serious Side - Page 6 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
The Serious Side - Page 6 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
The Serious Side - Page 6 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
The Serious Side - Page 6 EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

The Serious Side

+13
Sevens
Donnamarie
carolhathaway
oldweston
amaretti
Alisonfan
Way2Old4Dis
melbert
Fingersandtoes
LizzyNY
annemarie
party animal - not!
it's me
17 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Serious Side - Page 6 Empty Re: The Serious Side

Post by annemarie Wed 21 Sep 2016, 22:13

This is great , we definitely should have more projects like this.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Wed 21 Sep 2016, 22:17

This sounds really interesting. 
Of course it helps to keep tge people in their countries or at least on their continent. If you see a perspective for yourself and your family and know you can feed your family, you are more willing to stay. It also helps to avoid the 'brain drain' which puts the country's future at risk.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 21 Sep 2016, 22:20

My thoughts exactly, Annamarie.

It almost seems too obvious to be true. Half wonder why no~one's thought of it before altho the country's concerned have to request it.

Love to know when/where it all started.........possibly through the UK International Developement department

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 22 Sep 2016, 01:46

This kind of project just seems like common sense - maybe that's why no one's tried it yet. Seriously, though, there has to be sustainable employment for this to work. Whatever jobs are created have to be long term and pay a decent living in order for the workers  to want to stay - or make enough to put some money aside so they can go home if the chance arises.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 22 Sep 2016, 13:54

Have you seen this video?
I think it's great. Blaming Trump without naming him...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W4UWKu2gBeI
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 22 Sep 2016, 14:13

Uh the video that I just saw looks like it has been tampered with carolhathaway. There are insertions of what looks like alt-right propaganda against Clinton.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 22 Sep 2016, 15:06

Donnamarie - You're right. This has definitely been tampered with. I saw the original a while back and it was half as long and definitely did not include the nasty anti-Hillary clips. If you read any of the accompanying comments you can tell exactly whose supporters f**ked with it.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 22 Sep 2016, 15:16

Trumps idiots just don't stop.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 22 Sep 2016, 15:40

Sorry,
I had watched one video and then posted another one without realizing it Embarassed . I didn't intend to do so...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 22 Sep 2016, 16:14

http://acsh.org/news/2016/09/15/bayer-buying-monsanto-non-gmo-project-puzzled-about-who-fearmonger-10172

New easy procedures are cheap and ready for almost everyone for messing up with DNA

We can soon eat some (impossible to understand) very much doctored food

Or

Someone can "order" a blue eyes blonde haired kid

How scaring is it !?!?!?!?!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 22 Sep 2016, 17:45

carolhathaway wrote:Sorry,
I had watched one video and then posted another one without realizing it Embarassed . I didn't intend to do so...

That's ok. I know you would never have posted if you knew what was on it. It happens

Lizzy, I'm glad you saw what I saw. I'm so caught up in this election that I thought maybe I'd finally been Trumped affraid
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 22 Sep 2016, 20:17

I found an article about this initiative on a German news website and watched the video there. But didn't want to post the link to this website, so I looked for it on youtube. And I didn't check the video again, just watched the beginning and thought it's the same. I didn't even think somebody could fake the video...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Tue 27 Sep 2016, 12:55

I just read some reports about the presidential debate tonight. Hillary seems to have done quite well. I just hope the next debates will work as good for her and that the people will actually listen to what they said, didn't say and how they reacted. This used to make the difference, I'm not sure in this crazy campaign...

I watched a political talkshow Sunday night where they talked about your campaign and the impacts each if the candidates may have if they'd be elected. Actually quite interesting, we had the - President of the EU Parliament who's always really good in analyzing issues, 
- one of our very left-wing politicians who was very critivcal about Hillary as Secretary of State and even blamed her for 'being responsible for the foundation of ISIS' (which everybody else disagreed with)
- Roger Johnson, a Republican and Trump supporter
- one of our German correspondents in Washington and
- one of our most popular TV show hosts who lives in Malibu.

I now realize why people are frustrated about politics / politicians in general and especially Hillary but still have no idwa why they think Trump might be the better choice...
In the end they concluded that we will have to live with every president because we as aliens don't have any influence - but that we should look after our own people who feel that they are left behind. Because we are not immune to demagogues with extreme views and visions...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 27 Sep 2016, 14:22

carolhathaway I don't think the U.S. at anytime in its history has come up against a demagogue as successful as Trump. The race here is very tight. Despite everything that has come out about what kind of man Trump is, his sleazy businessman tactics over the years, his uninformed comments on foreign policy, his lies, the racist and bigoted tone of his campaign, he is still very much in the race.

Hillary did have a very good night in their first debate. I think most polls will show that she won this one. But I'm sure Trump didn't lose any of his core support. More importantly though is whether more moderate and independent voters were persuaded by Hillary's presidential demeanor and turned off by Trump's bluster and lies (which were many). Are they willing to vote for her now? Two more debates to go ...
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 27 Sep 2016, 17:15

D.onnamarie - Sadly, I don't think the debate changed anything. People who support Trump aren't interested in reality - they want the fantasy he spins,  and will apparently excuse any dishonest, disgusting thing he says or does
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 27 Sep 2016, 18:01

Pretty much agree Lizzy. I think the best we can hope for is maybe a one or two point bump in Hillary's poll numbers. The s**t this guy is getting away with is amazing. I am stunned by this campaign.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Tue 27 Sep 2016, 18:27

I watched the debate from a live stream this morning and you just can't imagine there are hundreds of millions people here would be watching this American election debate and argue fiercely afterwards(perhaps because we don't have the pleasure of discussing our own election). It's incredible how much support Trump gets here, as though Trump fans taking over the Internet all over the country. One of their main reasons is that Hillary is not friendly in her foreign policy regarding China, yet brave, honest Trump foucuses on diplomatic issues. However from my observation it's Trump who blames China much more often in the debate.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 27 Sep 2016, 18:58

Sevens, I'm really surprised by your comments. Wow! I'm always intrigued by what others in foreign countries think about Trump. Believe me, Trump has said some pretty disparaging things about the U.S.'s relationship with China and what China is doing to take over the world. Sadly Trump does not understand foreign policy. It's one of the weakest parts of his policy platform.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Tue 27 Sep 2016, 18:59

Sevens,
I couldn't watch the debate because it started at about 2.30 in the morning, and sadly watching TV at that time is not my favourite thing to do when I have to get up at 6...

In Germany Trump seems to have many supporters as well (I guess they are the same ones who want a different politic and different politicians in Germany as well. Most likeable those who want to shoot refugees to protect our borders, want everybody to have guns at home to protect himself and his family (and would accidently shoot their wife, neighbor or kids would kill themselves by playing cowboy and indian) and try to reinstall Nazi vocabulary. It's just a great time... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes ).

Because you know, everything that doesn't work in your life is always somebody else's fault. The welfare benefit in Germany (which is the poverty level) will be raised next year, especially for children but also for grown-ups. It was also announced that refugees - who get much beyond this poverty level - will get less money but the government will pay for their electricity costs. So the same people who complain that this welfare benefit is still not enough for living think that refugees live in the lap of luxury...

I also don't think that anybody who wants to vote for Trump will change his mind due to this debate, but maybe some who haven't decided yet will be convinced...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Tue 27 Sep 2016, 19:32

Donnamarie wrote:Sevens, I'm really surprised by your comments.  Wow!  I'm always intrigued by what others in foreign countries think about Trump.  Believe me, Trump has said some pretty disparaging things about the U.S.'s relationship with China and what China is doing to take over the world.  Sadly Trump does not understand foreign policy.  It's one of the weakest parts of his policy platform.
I kind of get surprised by the Trump popularity here too at the first time. Then I realize they always believe that Trump would leave China alone and deal with the American own mess while Hillary would throw everything, especially miliary force in North&South Korea, Japan, India, and Taiwan so on, as the Democrats won't get their hands off the East Asia. Does that make sense to you? 
The Chinese Trump fans absolutely love Trump's "destroy ISIS" and "the US won't be the world police" comments, however all the other lies or provoking points seem not important any more. 
It's possible most of us didn't follow the election very closely so today is our first chance to learn from the candidates all around. Seriously, we can't vote anyway, why not consider this a bigger than ever TV contest show?
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 27 Sep 2016, 20:03

Sevens - It might seem like Trump would be easier for China to deal with, but don't be fooled. He wants to build America's economy by ruining everyone else's. He has no business ethics and believes that anything goes as long as he comes out on top.

He has no strategy for defeating ISIS and has several times asked why, if we have nuclear weapons, we don't use them. He is a disaster waiting to happen - not just for the US, but the whole world.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 13 Oct 2016, 20:41

This is an amazing and powerful speech given by Michelle Obama today in New Hampshire. Without ever mentioning Trump's name she tells it like it is

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qiVnRxt618A
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 13 Oct 2016, 21:10

It says the video is unavailable.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 13 Oct 2016, 21:46

Sorry. It should be. Must be something wrong with the link. If you search Michelle Obama speech in New Hampshire on YouTube it should come up. I'll see if I can find another link.

Try this

http://mashable.com/2016/10/13/michelle-obama-speech-trump/#TFrd8oLCHSqU

Last edited by Donnamarie on Thu 13 Oct 2016, 22:03; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 13 Oct 2016, 23:23

In People they have an article about a poll and it says that Trump would win by a land slide if only men voted.

So some idiots are saying they should repeal the 19th amendment so that women can't vote. 

I know this won't happen but really to say something like that his supporters are as dumb as he is.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Fri 14 Oct 2016, 07:01

I also aatched comments on German websites about what Trump had said about women in the past, and there really were answers like "Well, that's just men's private talk, we talk like that all the time. Don't take it serious. Look on the other hand what Bill's accused to have done! That's much more serious!"
First of all, Bill's not the candidate, he's only candidating to becme first husband. Second, I don't remember, but was this an issue when he ran for office? Third, I wouldn't accept it if I ever heard my husband or my son talking about women like that. 

That's just so old-fashioned. I sometimes hear people talk like that about Angela Merkel, assuming that she acted emotionally to let refugees come to Germany. For years she was critisized to showing no emotions, and now she's accused for showing them. 
To say that only men should vote because the majority of women don't vote for Trump would assume that he's the only choice. 
I wouldn't say that Hillary's the best choice, but if you have the choice between these two candidates (I know there are a few more, but they are the leading ones), but fortunately I don't have to vote...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 14 Oct 2016, 14:17

carolhathaway, there were allegations made by I think two women who claimed they had sexual (one consensual and one non-consensual) encounters with Bill Clinton during his first presidential campaign back in 1998. To the best of my recollection more women spoke out, including the one woman who accused Clinton of rape, after he was re elected in 1998. It was during his second term when the Monica Lewinsky affair became public too.

But IMO Bill is responsible for his bad behavior. I don't buy the "enabling" accusation being brought by Trump. Not at all. It was an awful situation for the Clinton's marriage and Hillary is a stronger woman than me. I would never have stayed with a man who had cheated on me more than once. But that's their business. So Hillary'S behavior should not be the issue. Bill's behavior has been reported, investigated and in some cases already litigated.

Now Trump wants to claim that his behavior, which he says wasn't as bad as Bill's, is ok because Bill got away with
much worse. Not a good excuse. Especially when Trump's own words are on the record. He has denigrated and humiliated many women with his words and actions. And there is a suit that was brought against Trump for rape. The case will not go to trial until after the election.

Hillary is not a great candidate. The biggest issue people have with her is that she does not come across as trustworthy and honest. But I do think she can be a really good President and prove her skeptics wrong. She is really smart and experienced on the world stage.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Fri 14 Oct 2016, 14:26

Donna,
I absolutely agree with you about Hillary. It seems that you have to decide who's the lesser evil (although that sounds a but harsh, but she's certainly not a perfect candidate...).
I just remember the Lewinsky affair and Bill's definition of a 'sexual relationship' and whether it has to include penetration or not Rolling Eyes . I guess, at that point I had quit and left him if I were Hillary...
In my opinion, this whole campaign is so full of hate, it's just unbelievable and ugly...

By the way: I'm just watching the fourth season of 'House of Cards' on DVD...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 15 Oct 2016, 03:15

There's a difference between forcing yourself on women without their consent and having extra-marital affairs. As far as I know Trump has indulged in both behaviors, while Bill Clinton "only" cheated on his wife. I've always felt that why she stayed with him was their business and nobody else's.

I don't see Hillary's decision as a character flaw or weakness. She chose to honor her vows and stay in her marriage. They seem to have found a way to make it work. Good for them.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 15 Oct 2016, 10:59

I think that bill was guilty of cheating not rape, I'm sure if one said no he could find some who would say yes. As we know he certainly did.

I think unless you have been in Hillary's place you can't judge her staying married. She had her reasons for staying and it is her life.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sat 15 Oct 2016, 12:29

I also don't judge Hillary's decision to stay married, I guess I hadn't done it if I was her. But I'm really happy that I never had to make that decision (my husband and I met 25 years ago and married 21 years ago) and hope I will never have to decide it.

But I think you should never judge somebody unless you've walked a few miles in his shoes...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sun 16 Oct 2016, 18:31

I've just read the news:
What happened in the States?
In San Diego a truck crashed from a bridge into a group of people who were there for a festival. Four people were killed, nine were injured. The truck driver is injured, the police suspects that he was drunk or had used drugs.
In L.A. there was a fight in a restaurant during a birthday party, three of them left the party and returned with guns. They shot three people and injured about a dozen.
In Lexington / Kentucky (George's hometown), the 15 year old daughter of Tyson Gay was shot accidently during a shooting while she was sitting in a restaurant.

Do you really think that ISIS is the only problem the U.S. has?
I'm not saying that it isn't, and I don't think so, but there certainly are other serious problems which need to be solved...

Last edited by carolhathaway on Sun 16 Oct 2016, 18:33; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : can't spell...)
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Sun 16 Oct 2016, 18:50

The events you mentioned are happenstance.  ISIS is deliberate and intentional.  ISIS is a global problem.  My understanding is ISIS intends to trigger a global financial crisis.  If that happens the top tier of the 99% and the middle class will be hurt the most. To understand ISIS you have to know who the players are and their intent.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 16 Oct 2016, 19:11

Carol the U.S has many major problems , homeless people , hungry people, mentally ill people . Not to forget 
over crowded schools, and understaffed hospitals. The list goes on and on. 
These problems have been happening for decades and still no solution for any of them.

I feel like if the people with the power can't make money off of the solution they don't want to be bothered.
Donald dumb said , he doesn't build low income housing because he won't make any money.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Sun 16 Oct 2016, 20:11

...naive, uninformed, and clueless...
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sun 16 Oct 2016, 20:34

That's what I meant, to think that everything gets better for everybody and every problem will be solved, just because you vote for Trump, is more than naive...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Sun 16 Oct 2016, 20:42

I'm going to write in my vote and Trump is not the problem.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 16 Oct 2016, 21:11

For anyone to believe that a President is going to fix every problem is ridiculous and naive.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 16 Oct 2016, 21:17

We have a lot of ills in our country. And many are decades old. No Presidential administration is responsible for all of the country's problems. We have a democratic President currently but Republicans are the majority in our Congress. Republicans currently hold the majority of Governorships in our country.

ISIS is a problem but I think the fact that we have more guns than people in our country is a far worse problem. We will get a handle on ISIS. The group will eventually splinter but there will be another terrorist organization that will spring up. I think we will be fighting global terrorism for quite some time.

Trump will not cure the ills our country faces. He thinks he can operate like a king or dictator to get what he wants. I think he might like to fashion his Presidency after President Duterte's of the Philippines.

What will happen to all those angry Trump supporters after the election??? Maybe a third political party will be formed as a result ...
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 16 Oct 2016, 21:45

ladybug - Just a note. At this point any vote for anyone other than Hillary is a vote for Trump. Please don't assume that because she's doing well in the polls that Trump hasn't got a chance. If enough people think like you and either write in someone who cannot possibly win or don't vote at all because they think she's a shoo-in, Trump could win. Please consider the consequences of your vote very carefully.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

The Serious Side - Page 6 Empty ladybugcngc

Post by ladybugcngc Sun 16 Oct 2016, 21:56

Lizzy - I agree with everything you said.  We need a write in miracle.  Trump is not the problem and Hillary is not the answer; six in one hand 1/2 dozen in the other.  We need someone voted in office by the people who is willing to take on big business.  In order to do that we need seasoned, informed, and knowledgeable voters.

Last edited by ladybugcngc on Sun 16 Oct 2016, 22:15; edited 3 times in total
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 16 Oct 2016, 21:58

Totally agree Lizzy. Every responsible voter should understand that voting your conscience could quite possibly give Trump the keys to the Oval Office!

Another ugly story surfaced last week here in states. Three men from Kansas who called themselves the "Crusaders" were arrested for plotting an act of domestic terrorism. They were conspiring to use a weapon of mass destruction to blow up an apartment complex, a mosque and Muslim immigrants from Somalia. Their plot was thankfully uncovered by an FBI informant.

We don't really have to look any further than our own backyard to find that hate knows no boundaries and we most likely have less to fear from immigrants settling in our country than those who call themselves true red, white and blue Americans.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 16 Oct 2016, 22:19

ladybugcngc wrote:Lizzy - I agree with everything you said.  We need a write in miracle.  Trump is not the problem and Hillary is not the answer.
If you agreed with everything I said you wouldn't still be talking about a "write in miracle". In this election there is no such thing. There's only Hillary or Trump. Period. If you take a vote away from her you give it to him - even if you write in someone else. With less than a month to go there is no miracle on the horizon.

Hillary may not be your choice for President, but at least she isn't a delusional, entitled, racist, misogynist. Bite the bullet and vote for her this time, then go out and find a candidate you really like and start working toward their election next time.

Whatever anyone thinks Donald Trump represents, he is a horrible human being. The thought of him being the symbol of our country to the rest of the world should make any rational person think long and hard about their own motivations if they in any way improve his chances to win.

PS: Hillary may not be the answer, but Trump is a very big part of the problem - and making it worse every day.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 16 Oct 2016, 22:32

You've put it so well, Lizzy

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 16 Oct 2016, 22:44

Well said Lizzy.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 16 Oct 2016, 22:49

Thanks, PAN and annemarie. I guess I've been around too long to still be idealistic and hope for the perfect candidate who will fix everything.. Politics is a rough business and in this election especially we have to be totally pragmatic and elect the person who, if not our favorite, is at least rational!

Donald Trump is a flaming nut job who is undermining our democracy more and more every day. We won't have to worry about ISIS destroying our society. If Trump wins we'll have done it ourselves.

ladybug - Just what on earth are you expecting? What is the miracle you're hoping for?

Last edited by LizzyNY on Sun 16 Oct 2016, 22:52; edited 1 time in total
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Sun 16 Oct 2016, 22:50

I have 23 days to hope for a miracle.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 16 Oct 2016, 23:08

I don't see any miracle happening, I do hope to see  Hillary as President and Trump  crawling back under his rock.

Donald dumb has now said that SNL (Saturday Night LIve)  is a part of the plot to rig the election. I can't with this idiot.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

The Serious Side - Page 6 Empty ladybugcngc

Post by ladybugcngc Sun 16 Oct 2016, 23:18

It will take seasoned, informed, and knowledgeable people to believe in a miracle.  I still have to apply my faith and hope a miracle is on the way.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Mon 17 Oct 2016, 06:30

LizzyNY wrote:Thanks, PAN and annemarie. I guess I've been around too long to still be idealistic and hope for the perfect candidate who will fix everything.. Politics is a rough business and in this election especially we have to be totally pragmatic and elect the person who, if not our favorite, is at least rational!
Lizzy,
to promise something during an election campaign also is one point - to fulfill your promises after you've been elected is another. And I agree with you - since I'm working for a local authority and having to deal with a lot of politicians ovef the years, it's really disenchanting...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next