Log in

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Serious Side
Yesterday at 21:57 by carolhathaway

» Clooneys in NYC next week...?
Yesterday at 10:52 by party animal - not!

» Surbicon wrap party Friday night....4.12.16
Yesterday at 05:11 by Sevens

» December 2016 Chit Chat
Tue Dec 06 2016, 23:09 by ladybugcngc

» Clooney's baby?
Tue Dec 06 2016, 19:31 by it's me

» George to visit Yerevan April 2017 for Aurora Prize 2.12.16
Sat Dec 03 2016, 03:12 by melbert

» November 2016 Chit Chat
Wed Nov 30 2016, 15:49 by ladybugcngc

» Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16
Tue Nov 29 2016, 21:35 by carolhathaway

» George and the stylist from Esquire UK article January 2014
Tue Nov 29 2016, 17:42 by Joanna

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

When did George Clooney start dating Amal Alamuddin?

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: When did George Clooney start dating Amal Alamuddin?

Post by Missa on Fri May 23 2014, 13:26

I think that's putting an awful lot of stock in news/tabloid speculation, in regards to both George's thought process and Angie's dating practices.

Howard Stern (not that I'm a fan) explains that he proposed to his current wife because even though both were very happy just living together, there was this constant undercurrent in the press and with fans that she was just another bimbo using him for his money and connections. He wanted everyone to know exactly how important she was to him, and how serious he was about the relationship. I wouldn't be surprised if some of that were part of George's thought process as well. The tone of the press coverage prior to the engagement was very "Enjoy your eighteen months before he moves onto the next, Amal!"

I'm also not sure why not being world famous makes her less of a catch.

Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Posts : 1778
Join date : 2011-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: When did George Clooney start dating Amal Alamuddin?

Post by fava on Fri May 23 2014, 13:35

bellybaby wrote:On that note....do you need a marriage license to "start the rest of your life"?   Why not just do it?  All this makes me think again about the speed of all of this. There have been lot's of tabloid/news speculation that George wanted to hurry to marry Amal because she's such a great catch, he's afraid she'll get away. Really? Doesn't speak much to their love for each other. First of all, He's the catch, not her. Most of the planet didn't know she existed until he came into her life.  Look at Angie and Brad. If anyone had reason to be skeptical, it should be Brad. Angie is arguably one of the most desirable women in the world. She's known for hooking up with her co-stars (Hello Brad), and yet they've been living together for years, adopted children, etc. without that license.  And yes, I know about the "we're not gonna marry til everyone can" bit, but let's face it, if they wanted to marry, they would.

If two people really love each other, trust each other, then - short of a war - they're gonna be there for each other. License or not.  

I just think this whole situation is weird.


Fame is not what makes someone a great catch--whether "People knew she existed"  has nothing to do with whether she will be a great partner.

Why the hurry? Maybe they do want children, Maybe they just want the hoopla and attention behind them and are hoping a done deal will make it less interesting to media.


Last edited by fava on Fri May 23 2014, 13:37; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addition)

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1040
Join date : 2011-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: When did George Clooney start dating Amal Alamuddin?

Post by Missa on Fri May 23 2014, 14:17

He did say once in an interview that if he ever decided to have kids he'd want to be married first, because "that's just how I think you should do it". It was ages ago, so I couldn't possibly track it down, but maybe some of the other old timers remember him saying that as well?

Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Posts : 1778
Join date : 2011-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: When did George Clooney start dating Amal Alamuddin?

Post by LornaDoone on Fri May 23 2014, 14:49

lionheart wrote:
LornaDoone wrote:
lionheart wrote:I feel like a fool for believing him when he said back in October 'it's all made up'.

I've moved on to better looking men (haha) and I don't even have anymore interest in Hollywood or attracted to him the way I used to but for 20 years, I've never stop supporting him. Shouldnt he at least show some consideration? I'm hurt he had to lie. I really hate being lied to.

But you're assuming he lied.

Did you ever consider that perhaps at THAT time he was just getting to know her and that his interactions with her were not dates but meetings regarding Sudan perhaps?

So perhaps it wasn't a lie if his "feelings" for her didn't come to surface until later.  Maybe it was during Cabo or perhaps afterward or maybe he really started to understand that his feelings were deeper when they went to Africa.  See just because he may have dinner with someone doesn't mean that he was considering her a girlfriend.

But still I just don't understand this need for him to be so upfront about his personal life and why you feel that it's some sort of personal insult to you.  I'll bet George doesn't get up in the mornings and say, "I think today I'm going to lie so that I can hurt lionheart's feelings."

Makes no sense really since we are ALL so much not on his mind at all.

Not his fault.  He doesn't know us. He doesn't read here.  He's just living his life.  We're participants only in our own minds and due to what media puts out there.

I don't fault him for wanting a private life.

He's the one who issued a statement, no ? When he's making one I assumed he was informing the public. Apologies if his statement wasnt meant to be heard/read or not meant for the living.


They were making googly eyes at each other but he said they were discussing about the sentinel project. Fast forward a few months later he's now engaged to be married to her.  

What am I supposed to think ? But of course it's not impossible to change in a blink of an eye even after 20 years or so of insisting on something (no children and no marriage). She could speak 3 languages after all, I'm sure he cant hold back his excitement.

Btw, please dont make me laugh about him wanting to keep his private life private.

Defensive and sarcastic in three short sentences.  I still don't understand what part of his statements warrant so much emotion.

You can think anything you want.  What I don't understand is why you think he owes you any info on his private life unless you were dating him at the same time?  

And if you were please spill - we'd all like to hear your take on him as a date.

But if I suspect you're merely a fan, then why all the angst?  I sure hope you're not one of those gals who reads about George's life and then assumes you own him and he has an obligation to tell you everything you want to know whether or not he wants to tell you.

LornaDoone
Moderator

Posts : 6692
Join date : 2011-01-06

Back to top Go down

Re: When did George Clooney start dating Amal Alamuddin?

Post by PigPen on Fri May 23 2014, 15:18

All this 'when did they start dating" stuff got me thinking ( an occasional bad habit, which is painful).  Help me if I have my dates off , but going way back- he was dating Talia, ended that, met Kelley, gets dumped, then hooks back up with Talia and voila... Las Vegas wedding.  My point is, or rather the question is- repeat of an old coping skill ?
If he knew Amal while dating Stacey Keibler, is she the new Talia.  I hope I'm over thinking, being that I have currently have  much free time on my hands. Freud says you continue to make the same mistakes until you get it right.  For all concerned, I hope he's got it right. You can fall in love quickly if it's the right person. For the record... my parents wedding was their 9th date. Were married until she died.

PigPen
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Posts : 1828
Join date : 2014-05-20

Back to top Go down

Re: When did George Clooney start dating Amal Alamuddin?

Post by it's me on Fri May 23 2014, 15:56

sweet Very Happy


love  I love you  I love you  I love you the
"When you find the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, you want the rest ofyour life to start as soonn as possible. " :-)

it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 16906
Join date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: When did George Clooney start dating Amal Alamuddin?

Post by bellybaby on Fri May 23 2014, 16:19

Missa wrote:I think that's putting an awful lot of stock in news/tabloid speculation, in regards to both George's thought process and Angie's dating practices.

Howard Stern (not that I'm a fan) explains that he proposed to his current wife because even though both were very happy just living together, there was this constant undercurrent in the press and with fans that she was just another bimbo using him for his money and connections. He wanted everyone to know exactly how important she was to him, and how serious he was about the relationship. I wouldn't be surprised if some of that were part of George's thought process as well. The tone of the press coverage prior to the engagement was very "Enjoy your eighteen months before he moves onto the next, Amal!"

I'm also not sure why not being world famous makes her less of a catch.

First of all, it's not putting "an awful lot of stock in news/tabloid speculation" into something when it's true - ask Jennifer Anniston .And I never claimed to know anything about George's thought process.

Secondly, I'm not a fan of Howard Stern, so how and why he does what he does is irrelevant, and has nothing to do with George. But you seem to think this might be part of George's thought process. Why you can speculate on this board, yet question my ability to do so, is insulting and rude to me.

Thirdly, I personally never said anything about "why not being world famous makes her less of a catch". I was referencing all the news/tabloids again - unfortunately, I don't get a one-on-one with either George or Amal so this is really all I have to go on - that touted her intellect, beauty, etc. as making her a great catch, and the inferences that George was the lucky one.

@Missa - I used to post alot here on this forum, and I quit for quite awhile because of posters like you who love to discount everything everyone else has to say. No, I don't have validation on most of what I comment on, but then I don't think you or most of the other posters do either.

I'll just take my leave again. Good luck and peace out everybody!

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 839
Join date : 2011-01-28

Back to top Go down

Re: When did George Clooney start dating Amal Alamuddin?

Post by Missa on Fri May 23 2014, 16:43

@bellybaby - I actually came back to respond to your post point by point.  Then I thought, if you really believe that someone expressing an opinion that is different than yours or pointing out where your argument might be flawed is "insulting and rude", perhaps an internet forum in which strangers discuss people whom none of us know personally is not for you.  I will simply point out that a) I am not the only poster who read the "he's a catch/she's not famous" line that way (as evidenced by fava's post), b) if tabloid speculation was evidence of anything, George would have been married seven times with two dozen children by now, and c) not accepting your opinion as unquestionable fact does not equate with demanding you provide evidence for every point you make.

Perhaps you can start your own forum, in which the house rules are:

1) Bellybaby is always right.
2) When Bellybaby is wrong, see rule #1.

Good luck to you!

Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Posts : 1778
Join date : 2011-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: When did George Clooney start dating Amal Alamuddin?

Post by LornaDoone on Fri May 23 2014, 17:50

Missa wrote:@bellybaby - I actually came back to respond to your post point by point.  Then I thought, if you really believe that someone expressing an opinion that is different than yours or pointing out where your argument might be flawed is "insulting and rude", perhaps an internet forum in which strangers discuss people whom none of us know personally is not for you.  I will simply point out that a) I am not the only poster who read the "he's a catch/she's not famous" line that way (as evidenced by fava's post), b) if tabloid speculation was evidence of anything, George would have been married seven times with two dozen children by now, and c) not accepting your opinion as unquestionable fact does not equate with demanding you provide evidence for every point you make.

Perhaps you can start your own forum, in which the house rules are:

1) Bellybaby is always right.
2) When Bellybaby is wrong, see rule #1.


Good luck to you!

Well personally, that's how I rule my house.  Lorna is always right and when she's wrong see previous.

I have to say one of the reasons I enjoy this site is that many of the posters here are their funniest when they are pissed off.

Thank you both for adding to my enjoyment.

As to George and Amal I'll bet neither gives a shit what any of us think here!    :-)

Back to my desk.  Now play nice.

Just a side comment - it would be fascinating to meet some of you gals.  You are total hoots here and I think a dinner with some nice flowing wine would be an awesome event.

LornaDoone
Moderator

Posts : 6692
Join date : 2011-01-06

Back to top Go down

Re: When did George Clooney start dating Amal Alamuddin?

Post by fava on Fri May 23 2014, 17:56

I think the idea that Amal is a great catch and George is lucky to have her is not coming from rabid George fans (like most of us I assume)  I think it is coming from media who enjoy portraying him as a light weight, aging, womanizing, Hollywood movie actor.  IMO this is a result of the gravitas of her profession and her clearly superior education and accomplishments.  The media have to come up with a new way to spin the story.  She's just ordinary!  She should thank her lucky stars!  etc, are just not as interereting a story.  However, I myself find the notion they are selling that only perfection is good enough for George of that someone more "ordinary" is not good enough for him is ridiculous.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1040
Join date : 2011-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: When did George Clooney start dating Amal Alamuddin?

Post by Joanna on Fri May 23 2014, 18:12

Hey Lorna...Two things...

1. My driving instructor from the 60's told me his family motto....
"I'm not always right...But I'm never wrong"
I love it ! 
I said to him "I bet it's fun over Christmas in your family"

2. Sorry, I'm too busy this weekend to meet up with you
& others for a boozy get together, but OK for next weekend. 
Here in UK of course where we can stalk 
Our Man. Lol

Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 19069
Join date : 2011-11-17
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Re: When did George Clooney start dating Amal Alamuddin?

Post by PigPen on Fri May 23 2014, 20:59

A UK picnic, perhaps?  I have a recipe for a fabulous Swiss punch ( champagne, wine and cognac).

PigPen
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Posts : 1828
Join date : 2014-05-20

Back to top Go down

Re: When did George Clooney start dating Amal Alamuddin?

Post by Katiedot on Mon May 26 2014, 12:55

bellybaby wrote:@Missa - I used to post alot here on this forum, and I quit for quite awhile because of posters like you who love to discount everything everyone else has to say. No, I don't have validation on most of what I comment on, but then I don't think you or most of the other posters do either.

I'll just take my leave again. Good luck and peace out everybody!
Ok, I really don't get it. You shared your opinion, Missa shared hers (she did use "I think" in her post so she's not claiming absolute undeniable fact). So why's that a problem with this entire forum that you have to leave? It's ok for people to share opinions and even disagree - especially when it's done politely as it was this time, surely?

Katiedot
Admin

Posts : 12369
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: When did George Clooney start dating Amal Alamuddin?

Post by Sponsored content Today at 05:58


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum