George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
How George Clooney's Romance Rules Have Changed Since Dating Amal Almuddin EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
How George Clooney's Romance Rules Have Changed Since Dating Amal Almuddin EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
How George Clooney's Romance Rules Have Changed Since Dating Amal Almuddin EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
How George Clooney's Romance Rules Have Changed Since Dating Amal Almuddin EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
How George Clooney's Romance Rules Have Changed Since Dating Amal Almuddin EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
How George Clooney's Romance Rules Have Changed Since Dating Amal Almuddin EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
How George Clooney's Romance Rules Have Changed Since Dating Amal Almuddin EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
How George Clooney's Romance Rules Have Changed Since Dating Amal Almuddin EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
How George Clooney's Romance Rules Have Changed Since Dating Amal Almuddin EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

How George Clooney's Romance Rules Have Changed Since Dating Amal Almuddin

+17
LizzyNY
Nicky80
Pari
it's me
catwoman
lelacorb
What Would He Say
Lighterside
melbert
Joanna
fava
phys major
Margaret
Picachu
Sevens
LornaDoone
silly girl
21 posters

Go down

How George Clooney's Romance Rules Have Changed Since Dating Amal Almuddin Empty How George Clooney's Romance Rules Have Changed Since Dating Amal Almuddin

Post by silly girl Wed 09 Apr 2014, 04:25

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Not sure I believe all of these...jmo

How George Clooney's Romance Rules Have Changed Since Dating Amal Almuddin

Since George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin became a couple last fall, it has been anything but business as usual for the 52-year-old actor. The worldly, beautiful British barrister, 36, has changed his game.

“He's in love with her body and her mind,” says a friend, noting the pair talk world politics and fine wine.

Now that he’s met someone who engages him intellectually, marriage may finally be a possibility for the longtime bachelor. Here are four signs he's changed his ways!

Not Flaunting His Love

While exes like Stacy Keibler joined him at red-carpet events, George missed this year's Oscar ceremony. "He flew to London to spend time with Amal, though Gravity was nominated for several awards," says a pal.

Meeting the Parents

Most girlfriends didn't get to meet his folks, Nick Clooney and Nina Warren, but Amal was introduced to them at the White House screening of The Monuments Men in February. "They were blown away by her," says a friend.

Sharing Expenses

"The first sign George was smitten was when Amal insisted on picking up a check," says a friend about the lawyer. "She doesn't need George for his money or connections."

Putting Her First

With her busy career, Amal can't drop everything at a moment's notice for George. When they went on safari in Tanzania, "That was a planned trip because they both have busy schedules and needed to make time for such an adventure," reveals a friend.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

How George Clooney's Romance Rules Have Changed Since Dating Amal Almuddin Empty Re: How George Clooney's Romance Rules Have Changed Since Dating Amal Almuddin

Post by LornaDoone Wed 09 Apr 2014, 04:53

The second one is bullshit. Most of the gals have met his parents. I'll bet Ginger and Krista probably didn't but everyone else - there are pictures with almost all of the gals in the last 10 years with George, the gal and his parents so that statement is bullcrap.

"Reveals a friend" on the fourth one - oh good lord!

Would George be "smitten" cause a gal picked up the check? That sounds really asinine if you ask me.

Now the intellectual conversations - ok I could probably see that one.

But really, all of this is just conjecture from the fertile mind of some writer with nothing better to do than make up scenarios as to why "George's Dating Rules Have Changed."

Nice try "closerweekly" at least you'll get some hits using the "George Clooney name in the title" effect.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

How George Clooney's Romance Rules Have Changed Since Dating Amal Almuddin Empty Re: How George Clooney's Romance Rules Have Changed Since Dating Amal Almuddin

Post by Sevens Wed 09 Apr 2014, 05:09

I appreciate the third one! And hope they would handle it welll on the fourth.

Last edited by Sevens on Wed 09 Apr 2014, 06:52; edited 1 time in total
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Wed 09 Apr 2014, 06:00

And did she not meet his parents in Cabo over Christmas
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Margaret Wed 09 Apr 2014, 09:20

whoever wrote the article doesn't have a clue, as there are pictures of her at his Christmas/new years party. she was wearing a gold low cut top. George had his back towards her.
Margaret
Margaret
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Margaret Wed 09 Apr 2014, 09:23

the first one point she wasn't on the red carpet because he wasn't nominated for any movies, that is the reason and not that he wanted to be with her and that she has this amazing pulling power over him. he was acting the same way when he started his relationship with Stacy. I recall that he didn't make any movies for that year and the next year spent the entire year aboard.
Margaret
Margaret
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Wed 09 Apr 2014, 11:27

This is no different than all the rest. It is all money and power oriented.
They can play it anyway they want but shit smells no matter how you try to cover it up!
phys major
phys major
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Wed 09 Apr 2014, 12:23

The person who wrote this has no idea what they are talking about. The choice of woman is different, but the rest of his public behavior is pretty much the same.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Wed 09 Apr 2014, 12:37

Well it is pretty condescending to the women who are Dating George in his real Life (NOT HIS SCRIPTED LIFE)!!! To say they are all STUPID and he has nothing to talk to them about..

Nice job George trying to make yourself seem intelligent while all the while Hurting other human beings feelings!!

phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Wed 09 Apr 2014, 12:47

Deleted by moderator

Last edited by theminis on Wed 09 Apr 2014, 14:25; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : name calling)
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 09 Apr 2014, 13:00

Have you met her phys ?
Do tell us what that was like.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Wed 09 Apr 2014, 13:33

Joanna, Play your F...ing little games with someone else who doesn't know what there talking about which is most of the women on here
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 09 Apr 2014, 13:51

Chillax PhysMajor!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Wed 09 Apr 2014, 13:56

Post was deleted by mod so therefore deleted your quote as well Sevens (theminis).

Preserve the evidence here. This post has broken the House Rules I believe.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Wed 09 Apr 2014, 14:06

She gets upset when you quote her words for posterity, I know from experience...just a heads up!  Wink 
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Wed 09 Apr 2014, 15:09

I know Taurus are reputed to be bears of little change ... but wouldn't it be nice if just for once life wasn't soooo predictable.... Lots of ppl here seem to second guess what's coming next Glimpse, glimpse, photo shoot glimpse, holdy handys pda shoot, glimpse ... it's abit like the cha cha chaa.

A major shake-up is needed and I think the only thing that will do just that is TRUE LOVE.  The kind you can't script, 'cos your heart is in charge not your head. So you don't give a flying f*** what you looked like when the paps caught you, because they could not see THE BIG STORY.  That was inside your heart...unpappable.

Yep... everything looks a tad scripted, maybe thats just how it has to be these days.
Yet, if Will and Kate (notably a lot more famous than G and any GF) can have a true love story dotted though out will genuine PDA's not staged.... Why not him, one day George one day... I love you
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 09 Apr 2014, 15:25

The only difference in behavior that I have noticed in George and the former took them by the hand, embraced instead the Amal did not even touch! is positive? This means that it is madly in love with her? Sorry but I have to laugh!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by catwoman Wed 09 Apr 2014, 16:09

I'm tired of this blah blah blah...about Amal

I will laugh a lot when Amal to be dumped Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy 

and sure that day will come
catwoman
catwoman
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Wed 09 Apr 2014, 17:19

If George marries Amal, there would be no longer Girls! section and neither would we fight each other every day?
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 09 Apr 2014, 17:29

That was inside your heart...unpappable

nice  I love you 
the word unpappable too! Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 09 Apr 2014, 18:55

Interesting that someone who is "tired about all the Amal" stuff continues to read and post in those very threads.

If you don't want to be bored by Amal don't read those threads.  Simple.

Lots more here to read about regarding George.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Wed 09 Apr 2014, 19:36

Margaret wrote:whoever wrote the article doesn't have a clue, as there are pictures of her at his Christmas/new years party. she was wearing a gold low cut top. George had his back towards her.

I don't know why I think/feel that the gold-top dinner picture is from July 2013 / Summer, Como... may be just me  Question 

Ooooooops I think I am in wrong-thread-trouble Very Happy
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Wed 09 Apr 2014, 19:53

phys major wrote:Well it is pretty condescending to the women who are Dating George in his real Life (NOT HIS SCRIPTED LIFE)!!! To say they are all STUPID and he has nothing to talk to them about..

Nice job George trying to make yourself seem intelligent while all the while Hurting other human beings feelings!!

Goodness... again? Smile Na phys-major... I hear this so often... about there being "other women in REAL life" that George dates "under the radar" or whatever that is... I find this whole thought-stream / belief-system, so demeaning to ALL the women involved (OUCH!!!)  Sorry ladies... I don't really know the counts Smile

Is this supposed to keep the lovers coming?? As in giving them hope, that they could be THE ONE next?  Is it some "testing process" for them???  What is this all about??  NOT saying "you" phys-major, but I have heard this so much on IMDb and that has tormented me much...  I mean, to think that there are hearts+souls waiting eagerly to be loved and for them to be stalling their lives, believing that there could be hope for love from George... IS THAT entire process about LOVE at all?? Smile

IF my cub came to me and said, "Mama, I am going out with this girl... she is charming and lovely and and and and... but you know Mama, I know this other girl who loves me and I am seeing her also... I enjoy spending time with her, but in the quiet and I think I love her also... and no one knows this..."  Now THAT IS BIG DANGER!!  I can see atleast 3 souls in trouble there... 3 hearts that can be broken finally... 3 oceans of tears... hurting heart ache...  The first thing to do is to STOP it at the starting point!!! Explain / counsel / teach / do whatever possible but help the boy make a decision on one/none and move forward in truth... close out the one that is NOT the one... help the child MAKE the decision... by bringing all the rights+wrongs... on an urgent basis... sit in prayer... whatever... BUT DON'T PROLONG the period of decision making calling it "testing" or "I shall choose the best" whatever... because it is about LIVES!! People's lives!!! So this whole Girlfriend for ALL to know / scripted ... and the Girlfriend on the non-script (OUCH!!!) Very Happy ok... under-cover... na? what is it - "secret Girlfriend" / "real Girlfriend" ... all WRONG WRONG WRONG...  There is no BEST love... what IS LOVE is BEST...  I love you 

I have never got this chance to face up with George and explain these things to him although I have wanted to several times... I have tried to do all that through these notes and blogs and whatever... but this situational help is such a MUST!!! Sure, it requires time... and discernment... and prayer... and healing... and decision making... but Oh someone PLEASE DO IT for George!!!

For how long more are hearts+souls... and in some cases even bodies... going to stand in the que waiting for George to show them the love that THEY are waiting for??  Even George might be helpless because he could never reach out to them where they ache... where they wish to be told the truth... one way or the other...

Anyways... I also realize from some interactions, that there could be gross "cultural differences" to the way dating happens Smile A man can go into relationship as the "husband meeting his wife"... or as the "boyfriend meeting his girlfriend" or as the "man in for a fling" or whatever whatever whatever...  but you see, at the core are a lot of feelings and  I love you and so much can be sorted out IF... Smile
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Wed 09 Apr 2014, 20:06

what would he say wrote:I know Taurus are reputed to be bears of little change ... but wouldn't it be nice if just for once life wasn't soooo predictable.... Lots of ppl here seem to second guess what's coming next Glimpse, glimpse, photo shoot glimpse, holdy handys pda shoot, glimpse ... it's abit like the cha cha chaa.

A major shake-up is needed and I think the only thing that will do just that is TRUE LOVE.  The kind you can't script, 'cos your heart is in charge not your head. So you don't give a flying f*** what you looked like when the paps caught you, because they could not see THE BIG STORY.  That was inside your heart...unpappable.

Yep... everything looks a tad scripted, maybe thats just how it has to be these days.
Yet, if Will and Kate (notably a lot more famous than G and any GF) can have a true love story dotted though out will genuine PDA's not staged.... Why not him, one day George one day... I love you

Oh yes yes yes... "TRUE LOVE" indeed Smile
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 09 Apr 2014, 20:36

The article is funny. I like number three "sharing expenses"  Razz  Razz  Razz
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 09 Apr 2014, 22:44

Every time the reporter quoted "a friend" I thought - "Well, your friend and you should talk to someone who actually knows George or Amal before you present your nonsense to the public." - It's offensive how stupid they think we are!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by catwoman Thu 10 Apr 2014, 00:04

LornaDoone wrote:Interesting that someone who is "tired about all the Amal" stuff continues to read and post in those very threads.

Just curious, dear. My comment bother you? the misfortune is your.

The other day someone told you it was the most boring person in this Forum, I'm starting to agree. Must be age! Laughing 
catwoman
catwoman
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by catwoman Thu 10 Apr 2014, 00:06

LizzyNY wrote:Every time the reporter quoted "a friend" I thought - "Well, your friend and you should talk to someone who actually knows George or Amal before you present your nonsense to the public." - It's offensive how stupid they think we are!

The worst is that there are people who believe these stories. I think they live in a fantasy world
catwoman
catwoman
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 10 Apr 2014, 00:14

catwoman wrote:
LornaDoone wrote:Interesting that someone who is "tired about all the Amal" stuff continues to read and post in those very threads.

The other day someone told you it was the most boring person in this Forum, I'm starting to agree. Must be age! Laughing 

Grow up Catwoman and I have sent you a PM (Private Message)
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 10 Apr 2014, 01:18

catwoman wrote:

No your comment did not bother me - but your continual rudeness is starting to wear very thin.  I just wondered why, if his dating Amal bothers YOU so much why you continue to come to the forum.

The only reason I can figure is that you are one of those type of people who likes to visit forums and website and post negative comments - no matter what the subject.

You have been continually rude here and it's obvious you have not read the rules (or if you have you've decided to ignore them).

So since you are creating too much negativity at this point we've decided to give you a break from the forum.  Katie will have the final say if it is to be permanent.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 10 Apr 2014, 05:06

@Lorna - Don't care what anyone says - boring is the last thing you are! I love your posts and look forward to them whenever I come to COH.  Give Flowers 
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 10 Apr 2014, 07:31

Ah thinks so much Lizzy.

I know sometimes I can get repetitive "please stay on topic" but Katie makes me do that! HA!

I'm often just here to amuse myself. If anyone laughs along all the better!

Very Happy 
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 10 Apr 2014, 07:34

Oh crap and there I did it again.  Went off topic.  

What was this topic about again?  Oh yea something about George and changing dating rules.  Yea, already gave my opinion so no use beating a dead horse.

floggingadeadhorse
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Thu 10 Apr 2014, 07:51

Amazing! We even have a specific emoticon for "beating a dead horse". Glad I've just learned another useful idiom from COH! Coolio 
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Thu 10 Apr 2014, 12:31

I know I'm going "off topic" again...but Lorna darling, of all the adjectives I can think of to describe you, "boring" would not be one of them!  You are intelligent, delightful and funny and too many other things to recount here but you're anything but boring...and I mean that sincerely and in a good way!   Very Happy
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 10 Apr 2014, 15:41

Um anyone feel like letting Georgie boy know that?

Oh, wait, he's dating someone right now and besides, MEL would freaking kill me if I hooked up with her boy toy!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 10 Apr 2014, 21:42

Lorna, I agree with Lighterside Thumbs up!
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 11 Apr 2014, 01:10

LornaDoone wrote:Um anyone feel like letting Georgie boy know that?

Oh, wait, he's dating someone right now and besides, MEL would freaking kill me if I hooked up with her boy toy!

Nah, I wouldn't kill ya, just maim you severely...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 11 Apr 2014, 05:04

melbert wrote:
LornaDoone wrote:Um anyone feel like letting Georgie boy know that?

Nah, I wouldn't kill ya, just maim you severely...

Mel you're off topic. brahahaha

(As she looks around nervously to see if someone is watching)

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 11 Apr 2014, 06:44

LOL!  you two are funny
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 11 Apr 2014, 07:24

That's it both of you 2 now have a timeout for 1 hour.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Fri 11 Apr 2014, 10:06

Dating rules, who writes this?

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 11 Apr 2014, 15:29

Alisonfan wrote:Dating rules, who writes this?

I know it's probably a rhetorical question but I'm going to give my opinion on that.  

I say it's either a frustrated writer who never had "their" novel published, or who's screenplay never got a viewing, or the wannabee who is working at a hack writing job cause they can't make a living from their own original works, or an intern.

Any of those would make sense to me.  :-)
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Philippago Tue 15 Apr 2014, 23:50

Amal and George in "Our Africa"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />" />" />" />" />
Philippago
Philippago
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Thu 17 Apr 2014, 03:10

in that last picture, that little girl has a big camera!
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 17 Apr 2014, 11:46

I think that is Ben's wife.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down