George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
When did George Clooney start dating Amal Alamuddin? - Page 3 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
When did George Clooney start dating Amal Alamuddin? - Page 3 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
When did George Clooney start dating Amal Alamuddin? - Page 3 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
When did George Clooney start dating Amal Alamuddin? - Page 3 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
When did George Clooney start dating Amal Alamuddin? - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
When did George Clooney start dating Amal Alamuddin? - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
When did George Clooney start dating Amal Alamuddin? - Page 3 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
When did George Clooney start dating Amal Alamuddin? - Page 3 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
When did George Clooney start dating Amal Alamuddin? - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

When did George Clooney start dating Amal Alamuddin?

+32
PigPen
lionheart
jusquatoi2014
globalchick
louisvillelaura
Butterfly
Mazy
playfuldeb
Missa
justpassinthrough
Pita428
Vilma
theminis
sparkie
it's me
Alisonfan
Picachu
melbert
lelacorb
Pari
Joanna
Piglet
Lighterside
LornaDoone
jd68
catwoman
Sevens
Katiedot
party animal - not!
Carla97
Nicky80
What Would He Say
36 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

When did George Clooney start dating Amal Alamuddin? - Page 3 Empty Re: When did George Clooney start dating Amal Alamuddin?

Post by Butterfly Mon 05 May 2014, 19:23

Picachu - yes, I have made a mistake and wrote 2003 instead of 2013. But, I will not edit it now because then your comment would not make sense. Smile 

Katie and Melbert - I was not aware this question was raised before. I am not reading all threads because I don't have that much time. Anyways, thanks for your comments.  Very Happy 
Butterfly
Butterfly
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

When did George Clooney start dating Amal Alamuddin? - Page 3 Empty Re: When did George Clooney start dating Amal Alamuddin?

Post by LornaDoone Tue 20 May 2014, 05:53

this is probably posted somewhere in the forum but I just thought it was funny given all the talk of when George started dating Amal.

Hmm, me thinks one dost protest too much!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 20 May 2014, 10:40

This was dated October 31 and seems perfectly logical to me.
Even if George was becoming interested in Amal in an emotional way,
through their professional relationship, he's not going to tell the world is he ? 

In the non celeb world people who tell everyone everything about their 
personal love lives are either attention seeking or very immature IMO.

George is non of those things !   Coolio 

George Clooney has moved to deny being romantically involved with any of the three women he has been linked to over the last month.
In just the last few weeks, the former boyfriend of Stacy Keibler has been reported to be dating Tom Cruise's ex-wife Katie Holmes, his own ex Monika Jakisic and London-based barrister Amal Alamuddin.
The 52-year-old has said that the romantic ties are non-existent, telling People: "Three different stories in three weeks. I should be an athlete. But, no of course, it's all made up."

His rep reportedly added that he decided to speak out because of the harrassment the three ladies in question have been getting since allegedly being seen with the star.
"George wants this Monika c**p to stop," Stan Rosenfield said. "He wants Katie to get a break, and he wants Amal to be able to prosecute cases without being hassled because she had one dinner with George and four others.

"I even asked George if these [rumours] were true and he said he never comments on his private life, but in the interest of stopping the harassment of all three of these women, he felt he should."
A separate source agreed: "George is not dating, nor has he dated Monika in several years, nor is he dating Katie Holmes – he simply hugged her at a premiere – nor is he the new boyfriend of Amal, who he is working with on a [surveillance] satellite program over Syria."
Recently both George and his Gravity co-star Sandra Bullock have also had to deny that they are an item.

Read more at https://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/131070/George-Clooney-Denies-Dating-Katie-Holmes-Monika-Jakisic-Amal-Alamuddin#j1x6j0yRdmOI58QA.99

Read more at https://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/131070/George-Clooney-Denies-Dating-Katie-Holmes-Monika-Jakisic-Amal-Alamuddin#BR4eLdlCVushUyv0.99

Read more at https://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/131070/George-Clooney-Denies-Dating-Katie-Holmes-Monika-Jakisic-Amal-Alamuddin#x2zuR2miYx7pjuto.99
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 20 May 2014, 11:01

Mm. Always fpund the wording of these two statements intriguing.

Because I think it suited him to deny he was dating all three at once - and I'm perfectly sure that he and Amal had one dinner with four other people..but presumably there were others with just the two of them.

Unless of course that was the start of the romantic bit......then his statement would really impress Amal.

In a way both the stories about other girls were quite useful..........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

When did George Clooney start dating Amal Alamuddin? - Page 3 Empty How did George Clooney keep his relationship a secret for so long with Amal

Post by louisvillelaura Thu 22 May 2014, 14:06

I just joined and maybe this topic has been discussed.  I try to keep in mind only Mr. Clooney & Ms Alamuddin can really answer questions about their relationship.  I was surprised/confused about the dating timeline.  There was a photo of the two in the car last year.  Then nothing.  If you are dating, I just found it surprising (even though he says he is very private) that there was not one hint that Mr. Clooney & Ms Alamuddin were dating until a photo of them at the White House in February.  Then in April, a photo on safari and a few weeks later, engaged.  Now a wedding date and talk of starting a family.  Publically we've seen within a month, a trip together, engagement, etc.   Does anyone think they were just that private when they started dating?  I mean I would want privacy if I found a great relationship and the media attention can really put a strain.  Still, there is a piece missing.  Or maybe I'm over thinking it...

louisvillelaura
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by globalchick Thu 22 May 2014, 14:35

I think the answer is he hardly knows her. I think he's doing this whole thing mainly for PR. The only woman George ever looked really in love with in the last 14 years has been Celine Balitran. Google pics of them in Google images he really looked like he adored her. And she was way way better looking than Amal. Celine was just stunningly beautiful. I think in the end Celine cheated on him didn't she after he neglected her by putting his career first? Others here will correct me if I'm wrong. George is either doing this for PR or he's rushed into this because he's feeling old and desperate and Amal just came along at the right time. They are very mismatched and it will be a disaster. I'd have more respect for him and the genuineness of this if he dated her for a year or two so that they really knew each other.

globalchick
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by globalchick Thu 22 May 2014, 14:45

Plus the photos of them in Africa and the Seychelles were obviously staged and leaked by George. As were the pics of the engagement ring and those shots at the restaurant as well as the shots of her smiling for the cameras on the street of London recently. Amal is not the best looking of women, her nose is rather large and there was a need to get some nice shots of her out there by a photographer who would make sure he got a good and flattering photo.Why the need to PR manage a relationship to the extent that George is? She screwed up when those shots of her in the ripped jeans got taken with lackeys pushing 3 large suitcases for her when she landed at Heathrow hence the need for George's people to stage and leak shots of her on the street dressed up and ostensibly going to work to get some nice photos out there.

It's really sad and alarming to see him engaging in all these obvious PR stunts.

globalchick
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by louisvillelaura Thu 22 May 2014, 15:20

This could be a very weird comparison, but I love my job, I married young at 22 and always thought I would want a family but once I started working, I didn't miss what I didn't have - children. But part of me also was a bit afraid that one day I might regret it and then it would be too late. We have three and it's not easy. However, part of the pressure to have children because I was almost 40 no doubt influnced my decision. SO... Mr. Clooney has a break up with Stacey Keibler and no matter if it was a good/bad/staged relationship, it was still a relationship. Then she gets married & pregnant and a few days later all these photos are leaked of George & Amal. They may very well have been in love and hiding their relationship so they could be as "normal" as any hollywood actor could, but the "Clooney Brand" is something that had to be managed. It's like you have a guy from Kentucky named George, George the movie star and George the Icon/Brand/Business. I am not sure what we are seeing. Did the nice guy from Kentucky find a girl he loves? Was he on the rebound? And why am I so curious about this????

louisvillelaura

Back to top Go down

Post by louisvillelaura Thu 22 May 2014, 15:25

and again, why I am so curious about this? it's bizarre... I think he's a handsome actor but I never posted anything about a movie star. Yet this story has me so facinated! what gives with that?

louisvillelaura

Back to top Go down

Post by jusquatoi2014 Thu 22 May 2014, 15:30

Me, too. First time ever posting about a movie star, and obsessed a bit recently ...

jusquatoi2014
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by jd68 Thu 22 May 2014, 15:34

When celebs want to keep things quiet they can, if just takes extra effort. There are places they can go to stay under the radar and date.

Yes there have been some approved photos leaked to the media but I don't believe it their relationship is staged. The photo of the two of them showing off the ring was obviously staged and released but I think that had to be done to prevent the paps from hounding them to get a good shot of the ring.

There is no reason for him to stage a wedding now. He could have done this years ago.
jd68
jd68
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Thu 22 May 2014, 15:43

really the only person/s who can truthfully answer your question are George and Amal considering its their relationship, they know how long they have been together and how they met, we dont really know any of this because it hasnt been spoken about by them. Its all specualtion on here which makes for some interesting talk/reading if you like to get that involved. George has in the past managed to keep things private in his private life which he is entitled too, we dont get to see what he is up to 24/7 thankfully because if we did i for one would actually get fed up and probably stop following him.
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by lionheart Thu 22 May 2014, 15:55

How did George Clooney keep his relationship a secret for so long with Amal?

By lying.  sadomach1 

lionheart
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 22 May 2014, 16:03

to whom??

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Thu 22 May 2014, 16:17

There are photos of her in Vancouver and Cabo in dec. and jan. She met some of his friends in Cabo over New Years. They just kept it low key and appeared in public as part of a group. He also made visits to London in the fall. They were seeing each other--just not out at public events. No one connected the dots--which is probably what they wsnted

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 22 May 2014, 16:17

all
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Thu 22 May 2014, 16:46

Amal looks very different from the women she was in the very first taxi shots.  In those pictures they do look genuinely happy in each others company. They look really delighted.

We have witnessed the transformation of Amal (on the outside/weigh, style etc.).  She has lost her coyness and now handles paps with a winning smile and total confidence, on a daily basis, this last week.  What if she has transformed on the inside too.  Is she still the women George delighted in, in the back of the taxi?  
Or not?
Fame seems to do funny things to people, even the nicest can get a little carried away.  Like all fame you should never forget the reason you are there in the first place.  In George's case, talent and us the ticket paying fans. In Amal's case George.

And before someone says she was well known before, don't! she wasn't. Refer to google images pls.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 22 May 2014, 16:48

Why does someone wanting to keep a relationship private make them a liar?

It's no one's business when they started dating, where they met, how long they've been dating.

That we're interested in those details doesn't make it a requirement for him or her to tell us.

Please folks you don't own George Clooney.  He's an actor that you either admire for his work or have the hots for.

No one here, unless you're Boo girl has dated him.  And if you're looking for answers here you're not going to find them.  All you're going to get here is our opinions and conjecture.

If I were dating George Clooney I wouldn't want the entire world sitting in during our dates.  If by chance someone snaps a pic - then great like any other fan I'm happy to see it.  But to say he's a liar and to give some negative connotation to his wanting some privacy is just silly.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 22 May 2014, 16:51

She likes attention. So?  She obviously has had exposure to it, there are tv videos on other threads.  She'd have to like the press attention.  Who in their right mind would even date the big guy thinking the press would not be part of the equation.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 22 May 2014, 16:55

I am putting this here too - cross-threading! because it covers a lot of stuff, and alludes to the two of them meeting through Kofi Annan

He' as we know, has stayed at Villa d'Oleandra, And Amal assited him with the Syrian Peace Plan.

He was also in London last presenting the award for the Prix Pictet at the V & A.

Maybe dinner with both later................?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 22 May 2014, 16:58

I merged those two threads together as is the same subject. "When did they start dating"   Wink 

Thanks PAN, interesting info  Very Happy
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 22 May 2014, 17:01

LornaDoone wrote:Why does someone wanting to keep a relationship private make them a liar?

It's no one's business when they started dating, where they met, how long they've been dating.

That we're interested in those details doesn't make it a requirement for him or her to tell us.

Please folks you don't own George Clooney.  He's an actor that you either admire for his work or have the hots for.

No one here, unless you're Boo girl has dated him.  And if you're looking for answers here you're not going to find them.  All you're going to get here is our opinions and conjecture.

If I were dating George Clooney I wouldn't want the entire world sitting in during our dates.  If by chance someone snaps a pic - then great like any other fan I'm happy to see it.  But to say he's a liar and to give some negative connotation to his wanting some privacy is just silly.

Yeah Right
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Thu 22 May 2014, 17:06

pigpen

The question was in regard to change "all round". Not just one aspect.
In any case, it is not as if George has not done a 180' turn himself.
I suspect many women have changed on meeting/dating him, I imagine it is par for the course, re Clooney dating. I had hoped this to be different.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 22 May 2014, 17:14

Alisonfan..if she's no longer the person he was delighted with, why in the world has he proposed to her? Or do you mean these changes appear more obvious since he put a ring on it?

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 22 May 2014, 17:34

Nicky80 wrote:
LornaDoone wrote:Why does someone wanting to keep a relationship private make them a liar?

Yeah Right

"Why does someone wanting to keep a relationship private make them a liar?

Please folks you don't own George Clooney.  He's an actor that you either admire for his work or have the hots for."

Thank you Lorna.....my thoughts exactly.

But as usual you can express them far better than I can.  Thumbs up!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by lionheart Thu 22 May 2014, 19:24

I feel like a fool for believing him when he said back in October 'it's all made up'.

I've moved on to better looking men (haha) and I don't even have anymore interest in Hollywood or attracted to him the way I used to but for 20 years, I've never stop supporting him. Shouldnt he at least show some consideration? I'm hurt he had to lie. I really hate being lied to.

lionheart
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by moniquevander Thu 22 May 2014, 19:29

If that was their first date, wouldn't it be true to say she was not his girlfriend at the time?

moniquevander
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Thu 22 May 2014, 19:41

I think we have some banned user posting under a new name...
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by lionheart Thu 22 May 2014, 19:42

I doubt he would let her be scrutinized only on their first date.

@Sevens....No. I havent been banned. Just an old fan who cant hold it back anymore. Thanks for the welcome.

lionheart
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Thu 22 May 2014, 19:55

Sevens wrote:I think we have some banned user posting under a new name...

i was thinking that too
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 22 May 2014, 20:06

I understand your concern as we had just a bad experience with someone. But to be honest it is best if you feel some user is not right or something is strange then please PM one of the mods or Katiedot with your concern. Your feedback is always welcome. And we have our best ways to find out if your concern is correct or not.
It is better to PM us then to post it in a thread. What if you are wrong and judged somebody incorrectly? And the new user has now a stamp on it being banned once or being a troll. And maybe this is not the case. We have to welcome everybody even if we don't like the comments.

But as I said I do understand your concern . Thanks.

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 22 May 2014, 21:07

lionheart wrote:I doubt he would let her be scrutinized only on their first date.

@Sevens....No. I havent been banned. Just an old fan who cant hold it back anymore. Thanks for the welcome.

Perhaps they are confused because you are using a new user name. I'm assuming you may have forgotten your old login information.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 22 May 2014, 21:15

lionheart wrote:I feel like a fool for believing him when he said back in October 'it's all made up'.

I've moved on to better looking men (haha) and I don't even have anymore interest in Hollywood or attracted to him the way I used to but for 20 years, I've never stop supporting him. Shouldnt he at least show some consideration? I'm hurt he had to lie. I really hate being lied to.

But you're assuming he lied.

Did you ever consider that perhaps at THAT time he was just getting to know her and that his interactions with her were not dates but meetings regarding Sudan perhaps?

So perhaps it wasn't a lie if his "feelings" for her didn't come to surface until later.  Maybe it was during Cabo or perhaps afterward or maybe he really started to understand that his feelings were deeper when they went to Africa.  See just because he may have dinner with someone doesn't mean that he was considering her a girlfriend.

But still I just don't understand this need for him to be so upfront about his personal life and why you feel that it's some sort of personal insult to you.  I'll bet George doesn't get up in the mornings and say, "I think today I'm going to lie so that I can hurt lionheart's feelings."

Makes no sense really since we are ALL so much not on his mind at all.

Not his fault.  He doesn't know us. He doesn't read here.  He's just living his life.  We're participants only in our own minds and due to what media puts out there.

I don't fault him for wanting a private life.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Thu 22 May 2014, 21:19

As a high-powered attorney who deals with extraordinarily powerful people as a matter of course, wouldn't she be trained not to show stress or anxiety? I would imagine that if your case started unraveling in the middle of a trial, it wouldn't do to have a panic attack in front of judge and jury, so you might be exceedingly good at keeping your emotions in check when necessary. All that to say that because she looks like she's okay with the pap attention, doesn't mean she is. It may not be fair to play the "Look how much she's enjoying this!" card with this particular woman.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Fri 23 May 2014, 00:17

You're right Missa all lawyers have to be actors in a sense to be able to negotiate and try cases. It cannot show that you just lost a witness, didn't get your coffee and had a bad morning or whatever. She has learned to cope with what comes her way. We have seen this with her poise in videos, which show a little better of the situation.

As far a putting her head down and being shy, it only looks that way. Look at the picture of them coming in at the engagement party,(MickeyMouse) where she has her head down. Now look at the video; completely different head is only down for a sec as she makes her way along the path. She is talking, turning and whatever normally. And there you go and make me defend her yet again. ha
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 23 May 2014, 00:32

Mazy so sorry we're making you defend her.  I know it's stressful given she's taking the man of your and all our dreams away!  :-)

You're right though one instant snap doesn't tell a story and she might just be looking down to avoid falling on her ass!  I know I would. God could you imagine?  All those paps and you slip and stumble and end up on your tush?

I'd be looking down too!  HA!

As to being a lawyer and learning not to show her emotions - very good points.  But sometimes in one's personal life that's not as easy to do.  Probably pretty damn difficult which is why I think so many people in front of paps either go off on them or worse, internalize it and then get something like ulcers!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Fri 23 May 2014, 00:48

Probably pretty damn difficult which is why I think so many people in front of paps either go off on them or worse, internalize it and then get something like ulcers!

Yes like our hero. xxx
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 23 May 2014, 02:12

RE: lying...

I don't know if it's in this thread or another, but Lionheart may be referring also to his interview where he said he "hadn't met the love of his life yet". I know that it's already been discussed, but perhaps the interview was done "before", but then just released around Christmas time.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 23 May 2014, 02:38

Yep. Magazines tend to have long lead times - especially the high end glossy ones...............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 23 May 2014, 02:43

Right, the only reason we got all those interviews in the fall was because he did them before the decision to move MM to February was made, so there was pretty significant lead time on them.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by jusquatoi2014 Fri 23 May 2014, 04:26

Even if they had started much earlier, if exposed it would not have looked very good for any of George, Stacy and Amal. So why not go hiding for a while? It would work best for everyone involved.  

Of course, it is also very possible that they started just as reported.  It would not take long to figure out when you really meet your fit (there are real life examples around), and a few months were not that short.  

What I have not admired in George though is his spending time with one woman after another knowing he was not serious about them (it does not matter whether these women had their own agenda). I could be completely wrong, but having fun with someone and at the same time rejecting her in the ultimate sense just sounds a bit cruel or at least confused to me.

All along there have been plenty of beauties with brains even in Hollywood, who have gone to Harvard, Princeton and other great schools and speak multiple languages.  I also do not see anything wrong with his past girlfriends, some of whom also appear to be strong and smart in their own ways. I guess he had just closed his eyes and more importantly his heart for quite a long time, and now Amal came at the right time.

jusquatoi2014
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 23 May 2014, 05:06

The saying timing is everything seems to be appropriate here.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by globalchick Fri 23 May 2014, 08:32

This link has some of the best commentary I've seen on the internet about George and Amal's relationship, particularly the comments below the article. A must read:

In the heat of the Met Gala coverage yesterday, I noticed something weird: George Clooney was trying to get attention for his engagement to Amal Alamuddin. Still. Didn’t he get enough attention last week? I guess not. To be fair to Clooney, the tabloid press has only had a week to really go all out and dig into Amal’s past, and maybe (??) this isn’t George’s doing. Like, this isn’t part of his Certified Fiancée Rollout. But I’m a conspiracy theorist at heart, and I’m proudly wearing my tin foil hat of TRUTH and I think Clooney’s publicist had a hand in these stories. First, let’s hear about when Clooney and Amal will marry and if BABIES are on the menu.
Now that George Clooney has finally found “The One,” he’s wasting no time in settling down to family life. RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned that he and fiancée Amal Alamuddin will tie the knot in just a few months — and are planning to have a baby soon after that!
“The wedding is to take place in September,” an insider reveals to Radar exclusively. And though London is already being discussed as a potential venue, the source insists, “They’ve told family and friends they will only disclose the location at the last minute, and it will be very private. Neither George nor Amal want the wedding to be a public affair — and her family really doesn’t either.”
Clooney, 53, has kept his in-laws opinions in mind throughout the process of wooing his bride-to-be, the insider says. When it came time to propose, “George didn’t get a formal permission from her dad, but it was an indirect hint,” the source reveals. “He definitely tossed the subject of marriage around with them so that he knew they would approve, but he really wanted the proposal to be a total surprise, and didn’t want to give away any hints about when it was going to take place.”
And now, the family is influencing the couple’s baby plans too! Clooney and Alamuddin, 36, “definitely want kids asap,” the insider says. “Her father is getting older, and he really wants to see her kids [before he dies].”
“Out of all his kids, he’s especially proud of Amal,” the source explains. “It would mean the world to him to see her become a mom.”
[From Radar]
Oh, Clooney. How dare you play The Aniston Card! Babies are coming, I promise! First a family-centric wedding and THEN babies, totally. Except that last week we were being told that Amal’s holiday will come to a close in the Fall and she has to go back to work. True, she could still be a lawyer while pregnant (I doubt Julian Assange would mind), but… I just doubt that babies will be happening immediately. Also, I laughed at this: “Her father is getting older…” Yeah, and George is some spring chicken.
Radar also has a longer story about how Amal’s father approves of George, even though Daddy Alamuddin feared the idea that “Amal’s accomplishments and education would be neglected in the press — and even by George.” Sounds about right. Funnily enough, this has the whiff of Clooney PR too, because of how the article ends:
And for the first time, Clooney, 53, seems content to share the spotlight with a worthy partner.
Amal, 36, “is not a gold digger,” the source insists. “She has her own money and things going on, and George has told people that’s why he knows he can trust her and wants to be with her. She isn’t going to be arranging paparazzi photos like some of his past girlfriends have done.”
[From Radar]
BURN. Burn on Sarah Larsen, Elisabetta Canalis and Stacy Keibler. We’re going to need a tub full of ice for all the burns.
The Daily Mail also has a story about the wedding and all of that – go here to read.

Last edited by Nicky80 on Fri 23 May 2014, 08:40; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added text)

globalchick
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Fri 23 May 2014, 09:17

oh dear god, its all coming undone.

'she isn't going to be arranging paparazzi photo's like some of the rest of his past girlfriends have done "

And back in old London, the wheels are already off the wagon. tut tut tut.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Fri 23 May 2014, 09:26

seriously do people actually believe everything they read, reporters have to fill pages and alot of it is bullshit to get their crap mags sold, please stop believing every little thing you read, its so tiring.

Im off for a few days rest, this drivel is driving me nuts
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by lionheart Fri 23 May 2014, 09:35

LornaDoone wrote:
lionheart wrote:I feel like a fool for believing him when he said back in October 'it's all made up'.

But you're assuming he lied.

Did you ever consider that perhaps at THAT time he was just getting to know her and that his interactions with her were not dates but meetings regarding Sudan perhaps?

So perhaps it wasn't a lie if his "feelings" for her didn't come to surface until later.  Maybe it was during Cabo or perhaps afterward or maybe he really started to understand that his feelings were deeper when they went to Africa.  See just because he may have dinner with someone doesn't mean that he was considering her a girlfriend.

But still I just don't understand this need for him to be so upfront about his personal life and why you feel that it's some sort of personal insult to you.  I'll bet George doesn't get up in the mornings and say, "I think today I'm going to lie so that I can hurt lionheart's feelings."

Makes no sense really since we are ALL so much not on his mind at all.

Not his fault.  He doesn't know us. He doesn't read here.  He's just living his life.  We're participants only in our own minds and due to what media puts out there.

I don't fault him for wanting a private life.

He's the one who issued a statement, no ? When he's making one I assumed he was informing the public. Apologies if his statement wasnt meant to be heard/read or not meant for the living.

They were making googly eyes at each other but he said they were discussing about the sentinel project. Fast forward a few months later he's now engaged to be married to her.  

What am I supposed to think ? But of course it's not impossible to change in a blink of an eye even after 20 years or so of insisting on something (no children and no marriage). She could speak 3 languages after all, I'm sure he cant hold back his excitement.

Btw, please dont make me laugh about him wanting to keep his private life private.

lionheart
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 23 May 2014, 12:07

I don't understand this questioning of, "He's met plenty of smart, well educated, successful women. Why didn't he marry one of them? Why this chick?". While we all look for certain qualities in people, it's not like there's a checklist and we marry the first person who comes along and ticks off every box. There had to be a connection beyond all that. Amal may indeed be the first woman to connect with him on that level. And to quote Billy Crystal from When Harry Met Sally, "When you find the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, you want the rest ofyour life to start as soonn as possible. " :-)
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenn Fri 23 May 2014, 12:17

Missa wrote:I don't understand this questioning of,  "He's met plenty of smart, well educated, successful women. Why didn't he marry one of them? Why this chick?". While we all look for certain qualities in people, it's not like there's a checklist and we marry the first person who comes along and ticks off every box.  There had to be a connection beyond all that.  Amal may indeed be the first woman to connect with him on that level.  And to quote Billy Crystal from When Harry Met Sally, "When you find the person you want to spend the rest of your life with,  you want the rest ofyour life to start as soonn as possible. " :-)

When you find the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, you want the rest ofyour life to start as soonn as possible. " :-)

Give Flowers2   Give Flowers2 Love letter
Jenn
Jenn
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Fri 23 May 2014, 13:01

On that note....do you need a marriage license to "start the rest of your life"? Why not just do it? All this makes me think again about the speed of all of this. There have been lot's of tabloid/news speculation that George wanted to hurry to marry Amal because she's such a great catch, he's afraid she'll get away. Really? Doesn't speak much to their love for each other. First of all, He's the catch, not her. Most of the planet didn't know she existed until he came into her life. Look at Angie and Brad. If anyone had reason to be skeptical, it should be Brad. Angie is arguably one of the most desirable women in the world. She's known for hooking up with her co-stars (Hello Brad), and yet they've been living together for years, adopted children, etc. without that license. And yes, I know about the "we're not gonna marry til everyone can" bit, but let's face it, if they wanted to marry, they would.

If two people really love each other, trust each other, then - short of a war - they're gonna be there for each other. License or not.

I just think this whole situation is weird.

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 23 May 2014, 13:18

Well I must be the weirdest person because I don't find 
anything weird about George's friendship with Amal, leading to a relationship, leading to liking and loving and  trusting, leading to an engagement commitment 
to be wed.
It sounds a perfectly natural way for mature adults 
to behave, IMO. 

(Btw...I know I am weird, so don't worry about agreeing with my opening 
comment above)

I get a feeling from reading some posts on here that maybe not many people have experienced a mature relationship developing in that manner, so therefore they find it difficult to empathise with it all.
I'm not getting at anyone nor critising anyone, but just expressing my feelings as many others do here.

flower
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next