George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
July Chit-Chat - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 22:10 by benex

»  George filming new film in UK
July Chit-Chat - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
July Chit-Chat - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
July Chit-Chat - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
July Chit-Chat - Page 4 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
July Chit-Chat - Page 4 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
July Chit-Chat - Page 4 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
July Chit-Chat - Page 4 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
July Chit-Chat - Page 4 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

July Chit-Chat

+19
Atalante
Carla97
playfuldeb
What Would He Say
silly girl
Juliette Hardy
ktsue2002
Lighterside
party animal - not!
Maggy
sparkie
it's me
Joanna
Lakin460
LornaDoone
Nicky80
Katiedot
melbert
theminis
23 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

July Chit-Chat - Page 4 Empty Re: July Chit-Chat

Post by theminis Mon 22 Jul 2013, 01:26

I know what a brave young lady - defying her family like that would not be easy...
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Mon 22 Jul 2013, 01:29

theminis wrote:Another courageous girl, though for different reasons

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2013/07/22/05/47/girl-11-speaks-out-over-her-forced-marriage

Very articulate & strong-willed child. She's furious. It's good to see she filed a complaint against her family selling her off for money or barter.
Hope she sets an example & the authorities act on it!
She wants her education & freedom. At least she's infomed about her rights.
Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 22 Jul 2013, 04:23

I knew it....

theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 22 Jul 2013, 07:07

Cheese? Why?
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Mon 22 Jul 2013, 07:22

Milk too.
Tryptophan.
Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Mon 22 Jul 2013, 07:54

When I can't sleep I eat a bowl of cereal with low fat milk,
and it's sweet dreams about G Smile 
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Mon 22 Jul 2013, 08:56

theminis wrote:
Well at least now I know why I was having nightmares, look I will allow you this pleasure only because England rarely gets the chance to boast about anything else!!!!

Darts, theminis. They excel at darts. As played in pubs.

The other sporting incidents Jo mentioned were ... flukes. lol! 
Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkie Mon 22 Jul 2013, 14:59

Joanna wrote:Ahem..... Commiserations again Aussie Sheilas 
about the second Ashes Test Match. Give Flowers2 

Drinkie time !!  Drink 2 

2 down...3 to go.

Just lulling you into a false sense of security Joanna, if you really want to send commiserations send them to me now ' My beloved Bunnies were beaten by the Horrid Dragons'
sparkie
sparkie
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Mon 22 Jul 2013, 15:29

Don't think she'd be following rugby league, sparkie.
Bet Russell Crowe is upset, though.

Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 22 Jul 2013, 15:34

I'm hot ... can somebody speak to the weather god please Under the weather
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Mon 22 Jul 2013, 15:35

This NSA whislteblowing matter that ED Snowden has brought into the limelight is becoming a major source of contention in the US.

Not sure if anyone here is following it out of curiosity, Laughing but it's very interesting:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2013/07/19/nsa-phone-surveillance-clapper-fisa-court/2570149/

WASHINGTON — The secret Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court renewed the government's authority Friday to continue the collection of millions of Americans' telephone records, one of the classified counter-terrorism programs disclosed by former National Security Agency contractor Edward Snowden.

In an unusual public statement, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence acknowledged that the court renewed the authority that was set to expire Friday.

"In light of the significant and continuing public interest in the …collection program, the DNI has decided to declassify and disclose publicly that the government filed an application with the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court seeking renewal of the authority to collect telephony metadata in bulk, and that the court renewed that authority,'' the statement said.

Earlier this week, Democrat and Republican lawmakers expressed deep concerns about the scope of the surveillance program and suggested that Congress may not renew legislative authority for it when it comes up for review in nearly two years.

"This is unsustainable, outrageous and must be stopped immediately,'' Rep. John Conyers, D-Mich., told Justice and intelligence officials at a Judiciary Committee hearing Wednesday.

Said Alabama Republican Rep. Spencer Bachus: "How do we keep this from evolving into an unchecked weapons that can be used against people's rights?''

Snowden has been charged with espionage related offenses for disclosing the program and a separate operation that tracks the communications of non-U.S. citizens abroad. He has been in a Moscow airport weighing various asylum strategies to avoid extradition to the United States.

Incidentally the UK equivalent, the GCHQ is dragged into it too. What next Interpol, ASIO??  

(GC HQ. lol! Like the acronym.)
Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkie Mon 22 Jul 2013, 16:05

Juliette Hardy wrote:Don't think she'd be following rugby league, sparkie.
Bet Russell Crowe is upset, though.

Rusell Crowe is an idiot he was quick to point out when the Aussies loss the first Test that he was a Kiwi so I doubt he would be that upset, he sold his stake in Souths bet he's sorry now!
sparkie
sparkie

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkie Mon 22 Jul 2013, 16:09

Juliette Hardy wrote:This NSA whislteblowing matter that ED Snowden has brought into the limelight is becoming a major source of contention in the US.

Not sure if anyone here is following it out of curiosity, Laughing but it's very interesting:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2013/07/19/nsa-phone-surveillance-clapper-fisa-court/2570149/

WASHINGTON — The secret Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court renewed the government's authority Friday to continue the collection of millions of Americans' telephone records, one of the classified counter-terrorism programs disclosed by former National Security Agency contractor Edward Snowden.

In an unusual public statement, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence acknowledged that the court renewed the authority that was set to expire Friday.

"In light of the significant and continuing public interest in the …collection program, the DNI has decided to declassify and disclose publicly that the government filed an application with the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court seeking renewal of the authority to collect telephony metadata in bulk, and that the court renewed that authority,'' the statement said.

Earlier this week, Democrat and Republican lawmakers expressed deep concerns about the scope of the surveillance program and suggested that Congress may not renew legislative authority for it when it comes up for review in nearly two years.

"This is unsustainable, outrageous and must be stopped immediately,'' Rep. John Conyers, D-Mich., told Justice and intelligence officials at a Judiciary Committee hearing Wednesday.

Said Alabama Republican Rep. Spencer Bachus: "How do we keep this from evolving into an unchecked weapons that can be used against people's rights?''

Snowden has been charged with espionage related offenses for disclosing the program and a separate operation that tracks the communications of non-U.S. citizens abroad. He has been in a Moscow airport weighing various asylum strategies to avoid extradition to the United States.

Incidentally the UK equivalent, the GCHQ is dragged into it too. What next Interpol, ASIO??  

Yes I have been following it, sort of in two minds about the whole thing. And whom may I ask is the head of GCHQ?
sparkie
sparkie

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkie Mon 22 Jul 2013, 16:15

Nicky80 wrote: I'm hot  ... can somebody speak to the weather god please  Under the weather
Ok I'm sending to you 7.7 Degrees please return in kind but up it by 20-25 I can handle it.
sparkie
sparkie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 22 Jul 2013, 16:20

LOL very funny
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 22 Jul 2013, 16:26

Juliette Hardy wrote:This NSA whislteblowing matter that ED Snowden has brought into the limelight is becoming a major source of contention in the US.

This is a big thing in Germany too. Apperantly the NSA spyed on the German goverment too. Our chancellor wants answers from the US goverment but of course the US will never give that. It is all about national security.      facepalm

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 22 Jul 2013, 16:27

Sorry your team got eaten by the dragon sparkie.
flower 
My soccer team had a rotten season so hoping for a better one when it starts next month.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkie Mon 22 Jul 2013, 16:39

Joanna wrote:Sorry your team got eaten by the dragon sparkie.
flower 
My soccer team had a rotten season so hoping for a better one when it starts next month.
LOL Beaten not eaten we're tough top of the Ladder🐰 
sparkie
sparkie

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Mon 22 Jul 2013, 21:05

sparkie wrote:
Rusell Crowe is an idiot he was quick to point out when the Aussies loss the first Test that he was a Kiwi so I doubt he would be that upset, he sold his stake in Souths bet he's sorry now!

That's because he's proud of his cousins Jeff Crowe & Martin Crowe being NZ players, I guess.

Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 22 Jul 2013, 22:25

Yes all those complaining about the heat please send some to us, I had to leave the house with 3 kiddies when it was a chilly 5 degrees, if its going to be that cold then there should be snow to play in dammit
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 22 Jul 2013, 22:28

Ok so tomorrow morning when the sun rise I will have a serious word with Mrs Sun and giv e her the direction to Oz. Maybe you get lucky. sunny
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 22 Jul 2013, 22:30

Thanks Nicky - well the cold does wake you up so at least that's one good thing.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Tue 23 Jul 2013, 11:32

sparkie wrote:
Yes I have been following it, sort of in two minds about the whole thing. And whom may I ask is the head of GCHQ?

His name is Iain Lobban.
The acronym is Government Communications Head Quarters & it's closely linked to MI6.  UK version of NSA.

The Australian one would be ASIO, I guess. Italian is SISMI.

They all do a lot of online surveillance, like internet policing & monitoring.
Might be intrusive, but if used correctly, then it can prevent terrorism, pedophilia, crime.....

Last edited by Juliette Hardy on Tue 23 Jul 2013, 23:07; edited 1 time in total
Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 23 Jul 2013, 12:11

I think any country that is complaining about being spied upon but has spy organizations should really just shut up and go about their business. They're all doing it.  They're just pissed that the US is probably doing it better and they weren't aware it was happening to them too.

Everyone should really be afraid of the Chinese.  They are spying to steal secrets on how to make thing so that they can rip them off and make them cheaper in their sweatshops.

So much easier to steal stuff than to pay their own scientists to do the research you need to do to invent stuff.  JMO
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkie Tue 23 Jul 2013, 12:32

Juliette Hardy wrote:
sparkie wrote:

His name is Iain Lobban.
The acronym is Government Communications Head Quarters & it's closely linked to MI6.  UK version of NSA.

The Australian one would be ASIO, I guess.
They do a lot of online surveillance, like internet policing & monitoring.
Might be intrusive, but if used correctly, then it can prevent terrorism, pedophilia, crime.....
Well that just show how stupid I really am I thought it was "George Clooney Head Quarters"
sparkie
sparkie

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 23 Jul 2013, 12:51

Well we need agencies such as ASIO, the like of which don't bother intruding of the average Joe or Joanna, they have a pretty good idea of what and who to look out for - I have no problem with a little bit of intrusion if that's what it takes to catch the real baddies.

Anyhow my experience is people with nothing to hide, hiding nothing so Im not bothered.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkie Tue 23 Jul 2013, 12:53

theminis wrote:Well we need agencies such as ASIO, the like of which don't bother intruding of the average Joe or Joanna, they have a pretty good idea of what and who to look out for - I have no problem with a little bit of intrusion if that's what it takes to catch the real baddies.  

Anyhow my experience is people with nothing to hide, hiding nothing so Im not bothered.
Well said.
sparkie
sparkie

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 23 Jul 2013, 12:56

Thanks Sparkie, on that positive note, farewell from me, have to get up at 6.30am tomorrow, kids to school then the gym - you will hear my muscles protesting from this continent to the next!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 23 Jul 2013, 19:40

LornaDoone wrote:I think any country that is complaining about being spied upon but has spy organizations should really just shut up and go about their business. They're all doing it.  They're just pissed that the US is probably doing it better and they weren't aware it was happening to them too.

Everyone should really be afraid of the Chinese.  They are spying to steal secrets on how to make thing so that they can rip them off and make them cheaper in their sweatshops.

So much easier to steal stuff than to pay their own scientists to do the research you need to do to invent stuff.  JMO

Well, don't think the US is doing it better otherwise they wouldn't have that problem now hunting a so called "trader". Of course everyone is doing it but others hide it better and now all other countries can blame the US and use it for they elections LOL So I guess they have to do it better next time Razz 
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 24 Jul 2013, 11:53

At the MCG tonight (Melbourne Cricket Ground) - 95,000 fans sang You'll Never Walk Alone - video quality not the best.

Liverpool vs Melbourne Victory

Last edited by theminis on Wed 24 Jul 2013, 11:54; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added teams)
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 24 Jul 2013, 18:15

I have to share my day with you.

I was on the road , driving ...and I past through a village which had a bakery. So I stoped because I had to go to the toilet. I drunk so much water I really needed to pee. So I went to the bakeries bathroom and opened the door.....You will never believe who looked at me ...George Clooney. I nearly felt sick. I was in shock. There was this pig poster from George in the woman's toilet. See below pic.

That was my weirdest toilet visit. I never felt so embarrassed to pee knowing George is locking at me LOL

July Chit-Chat - Page 4 Wc10
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 24 Jul 2013, 18:28

Oh my! But hey... You know? Guess something similar happened to me
But in a hardresser's one ! Lol Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 24 Jul 2013, 18:29

Was he IN THE STALL with you?
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 24 Jul 2013, 18:45

Sadly no

But if I'm not wrong it was a pic on the door

Or on the wall? scratch Oh my memory! Rolling Eyes
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Wed 24 Jul 2013, 19:06

that's great! Love the pic in the bathroom. Someone has a sense of humor :- )
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 24 Jul 2013, 19:32

I love that pic too. I tried to take it off but no chance. I really wanted it for my bathroom LOL.

By the way. I wanted to know what was in the men toilet so I checked and there was a pic from Marilyn Monroe
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Wed 24 Jul 2013, 19:42

Oh Nicky, loove your sense of adventure.

I would put that pic of George on my ceiling over my bed!
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 25 Jul 2013, 15:40

He doesn't want to lose!! 

http://video.repubblica.it/sport/il-cavallo-rifiuta-l-ostacolo-acrobazie-del-cavaliere-per-non-toccare-terra/136011/134545?ref=HRESS-2
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Thu 25 Jul 2013, 17:01

Surprised Disqualified?  Poor horse!
Determined but made a specttacolo of himself...in good humor.
Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 25 Jul 2013, 17:23

How funny. Love that one. Poor horse hahaha
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 25 Jul 2013, 19:16

Yes
Poor horseman
But poor horse even more! Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Thu 25 Jul 2013, 19:19

3D technology can now replicate food. I\'ve got an idea 

NASA scientific research aimed at future space travel.
(I wonder if they used similar in Gravity?)
Might help resolve world famine too in the future.

http://abcnews.go.com/technology/t/blogEntry?id=19232105

July Chit-Chat - Page 4 Image78

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2013/jun/04/nasa-3d-printer-space-food
Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 25 Jul 2013, 19:25

World famine?
Maybe
But to me it still seems an elitist gizmo

Better to find a strong cereal
Nourishing, cheap and easy to grow
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Thu 25 Jul 2013, 19:32

it's me wrote:

Better to find a strong cereal
Nourishing, cheap and easy to grow

That would have to be quinoa.  Originated in Bolivia.
Pseudo-cereal grain as it's high protein. Very nutritious.  

Preferably coastal. Optimal growing conditions are temperatures that range from 25°F/−3°C  to near 95°F/35°C.
Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 25 Jul 2013, 19:36

Cheap? Easy to grow?
Bec of water, I mean
 And parasite
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Thu 25 Jul 2013, 19:49

it's me wrote:Cheap? Easy to grow?
Bec of water, I mean
 And parasite

http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=44184#.UfFxbsu9KSM

This versatility makes quinoa a viable food option for areas with arid farming conditions and high malnutrition rates. FAO estimates that 1 billion people were affected by malnutrition in 2010, nearly all living in the developing world.

Bolivia and Peru account for more than half of the annual 70,000 tons of quinoa produced, according to the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO). While its cultivation is expanding to include Kenya, India, North America and Europe, most of the crop is farmed through traditional means in the Andean altiplano.

Andean high altitude ideally. May not be suitable everywhere but versatile.
Could be a contributor towards solution.
Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Thu 25 Jul 2013, 20:43

This saves my night! Rocky II at mediaset 1 showing right now. Just got married...one of my favorites Smile

Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 25 Jul 2013, 20:57

Mm
Not my kind of best film
I'm now on a Littizzetto Marcorè one Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Thu 25 Jul 2013, 21:12

Not the best film no. But my favorites, I have seen it before but it is best that comes out tonight. Smile Two bests there Smile
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Thu 25 Jul 2013, 22:15

Speeding at almost twice the limit of 80mph, is what caused the train crash in Spain, according to reports. 80 fatalities & many injuries.
No act of technical malfunction nor terrorism. Derailment coming around the bend, caused by 52 year old driver who boasted of adrenalin rush when speeding on social networks...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/spain/10203372/Spain-train-crash-driver-had-boasted-about-speeding-on-Facebook-page.html
Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next