George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
  Seattle premiere of The Boys in the Boat EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
  Seattle premiere of The Boys in the Boat EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
  Seattle premiere of The Boys in the Boat EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
  Seattle premiere of The Boys in the Boat EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
  Seattle premiere of The Boys in the Boat EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
  Seattle premiere of The Boys in the Boat EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
  Seattle premiere of The Boys in the Boat EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
  Seattle premiere of The Boys in the Boat EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
  Seattle premiere of The Boys in the Boat EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Seattle premiere of The Boys in the Boat

+2
annemarie
party animal - not!
6 posters

Go down

Seattle premiere of The Boys in the Boat Empty Seattle premiere of The Boys in the Boat

Post by party animal - not! Fri 08 Dec 2023, 17:13

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

hasenrosi and Ida like this post

Back to top Go down

Seattle premiere of The Boys in the Boat Empty Re: Seattle premiere of The Boys in the Boat

Post by annemarie Sat 09 Dec 2023, 10:29

[size=39]George Clooney and Amal Clooney Step Out for Date Night at Seattle Screening of The Boys in the Boat
The couple were dressed to the nines as they posed for photos at an Amazon MGM Studios Seattle community screening of George's latest directorial effort
By 
Jen Juneau

Published on December 8, 2023 09:20AM EST

[/size]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Amal and George Clooney attend an Amazon MGM Studios Seattle community screening of The Boys in the Boat on Dec. 7, 2023. PHOTO: 
MAT HAYWARD/GETTY

Amal Clooney is by her husband George Clooney's side in support of his latest movie.

The stylish spouses stepped out in Seattle Thursday night to attend a screening of George's latest directorial effort, The Boys in the Boat.

Both Amal, 45, and George, 62, had dressed up for the occasion. The accomplished human-rights attorney sported a red sequinned midi dress from fashion house 16Arlington which she teamed with silver, pointed-toe pumps and a gold clutch.

Meanwhile, the two-time Academy Award winner opted for an open gray coat over a navy turtleneck, with coordinating slacks, as he held his wife's hand at the event.

Never miss a story — sign up for PEOPLE's free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from celebrity news to compelling human-interest stories.

Amal and George Clooney attend an Amazon MGM Studios Seattle community screening of The Boys in the Boat on Dec. 7, 2023. 
MAT HAYWARD/GETTY

George and Amal Clooney's Most Glamorous Red Carpet Moments

George and Amal married in September 2014 in Venice, Italy. They went on to welcome twins Alexander and Ella, now 6.

On Sunday, the couple were spotted across the pond in London as they attended another screening of The Boys in the Boat.

Amal wore her hair down for the event as she sported a figure-hugging velvet gown, while George looked dapper in a dark suit and white shirt.

The actor and director also took time to sign autographs for fans, as well as pose alongside the movie's stars Joel Edgerton, Callum Turner and Bruce Herbelin-Earle.

The Boys in the Boat (2023). 
LAURIE SPARHAM

Joel Edgerton Takes a Collegiate Rowing Team to the Olympics in George Clooney's The Boys in the Boat Trailer

The Boys in the Boat follows the real-life story of the 1936 University of Washington men's crew team, who made an improbable journey from the college's second-tier rowing team to becoming the United States' representative at that year's Summer Olympics in Berlin.

"This inspirational true story follows a group of underdogs at the height of the Great Depression as they are thrust into the spotlight and take on elite rivals from around the world," reads an official synopsis for the movie.

In an exclusive behind-the-scenes video from the movie's set shared with PEOPLE in October, George praised the real-life rowing team as a group of underdogs who surprised the world with their Olympic performance. In real life, the team won a gold medal in Berlin, narrowly beating Italy and Germany to first place at an event that Adolf Hitler attended, according to a 2012 Slate article about the team.

“These guys at the University of Washington take on the seniors, and then taking on the fraternity kids, and then taking on the Nazis," the director said, adding. "Every film we’ve ever seen that has an underdog in it, you’re always rooting for them, that you can pull yourself up from nothing and succeed."

In addition to Edgerton, 49, and Turner, 33, the cast includes Peter Guinness, Jack Mulhern, James Wolk, Hadley Robinson, Courtney Henggeler, Sam Strike, Thomas Elms, Luke Slattery, Bruce Herbelin-Earle, Wil Coban, Thomas Stephen Varey and Chris Diamantopoulos.

The Boys in the Boat is in theaters Dec. 25.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Seattle premiere of The Boys in the Boat Empty Re: Seattle premiere of The Boys in the Boat

Post by rowingsteve Tue 26 Dec 2023, 19:35

So what was the reception like?  Was it a full house? Did the people seem inspired, excited, bored? I'm trying to get a rowing pond dug in a creek bed here in very arid Colorado Springs. Water Rights issues are a nightmare!  Plus, there is the expense of digging a hole 2 kilometers by 3 meters by 60 meters - if we can even get it that wide.  Does anybody know if Mr. Clooney is prone to charitable contributions for something like that?  Maybe he could donate a boat, though at this point we probably don't have enough support to come up with a full 8-person crew, men or women.  Maybe some smaller craft like single or double scull shells?  They're not cheap, but it would sure help make the sport more affordable to the general public.

rowingsteve
Shy poster

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 02 Jan 2024, 13:39

Anyone else seen the movie? I recommend it. Not a masterpiece, but a really impressive work of storytelling and production. The actors - none of whom I was really familiar with - are very good. George should be rightfully proud of this one.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ida Tue 02 Jan 2024, 21:28

I'm waiting for it to come out on video. I only brave the theaters when GC is in front of the camera.

Ida
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 07 Jan 2024, 22:58

It's not playing anywhere near me, so I'll have to wait for it to stream or come out on DVD. It has gotten good reviews, though not raves.

Has anyone heard anything about the OSU documentary? I saw somewhere that HBO is holding up the release.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 10 Jan 2024, 20:01

Lizzy, can't remember if I've already posted this, but it would appear to be the latest on production.

The sooner the better as far as I'm concerned!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/ohio-state-documentary-clooney-jim-jordan-b2435040.html

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 11 Jan 2024, 04:15

Thanks, PAN. Seems like the most recent article was in late October when a staffer said they were still in the middle of production. It seems to be taking them a long time to get this one done, and I'm hoping it's because they're making sure it's so good that it can't be ignored. Too often his films get a mild flutter of attention and then quietly fade away. This one needs to hit hard.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down