George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney Slams Donald Trump In Angry Rant EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney Slams Donald Trump In Angry Rant EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney Slams Donald Trump In Angry Rant EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney Slams Donald Trump In Angry Rant EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney Slams Donald Trump In Angry Rant EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney Slams Donald Trump In Angry Rant EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney Slams Donald Trump In Angry Rant EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney Slams Donald Trump In Angry Rant EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney Slams Donald Trump In Angry Rant EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney Slams Donald Trump In Angry Rant

3 posters

Go down

George Clooney Slams Donald Trump In Angry Rant Empty George Clooney Slams Donald Trump In Angry Rant

Post by party animal - not! Sun 08 Oct 2023, 17:42

For whatever reason, this is being reprinted. Says it all

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/george-clooney-slams-donald-trump-153736774.html

Last edited by Admin on Fri 13 Oct 2023, 17:01; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited title)

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney Slams Donald Trump In Angry Rant Empty Re: George Clooney Slams Donald Trump In Angry Rant

Post by Admin Fri 13 Oct 2023, 17:01

George Clooney Slams Donald Trump In Angry Rant: The Idea That 'This Guy Who Takes A Sh-t In A Gold Toilet' Is Somehow The Man Of The People Is Laughable

Jeannine Mancini
October 5, 2023·5 min read

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

In a recently resurfaced interview, actor George Clooney fiercely responded to comments made by former President Donald Trump. The 45th U.S. president allegedly targeted Hollywood celebrities, including Clooney, on social media.

The backlash gained momentum after Meryl Streep's acceptance speech at the Golden Globes in 2017. Streep voiced her concerns about Trump's capabilities, and many shared her sentiments. Trump's response was to call Streep "one of the most over-rated actresses in Hollywood." Although Streep never directly named anyone in her speech, her references were evident.

This event spurred what many now refer to as the "Hollywood versus Donald Trump" cultural conflict. Trump often labeled celebrities who openly disagreed with him as "liberal movie people" and "Hollywood elites." He insinuated that because of their luxurious lifestyles, they couldn’t genuinely empathize with or care for the average American — a sentiment he claimed to possess.

In an interview with the Daily Beast, Marlow Stern questioned Clooney about his views on Trump's promotion of a cultural divide between "coastal elites" and Middle America, highlighting the irony that Trump belongs to the "coastal elite" group.

"Here's the thing: I grew up in Kentucky. I sold insurance door-to-door. I sold ladies' shoes. I worked at an all-night liquor store," 
Clooney said. "I would buy suits that were too big and too long and cut the bottom of the pants off to make ties so I'd have a tie to go on job interviews. I grew up understanding what it was like to not have health insurance for eight years. So this idea that I'm somehow the ‘Hollywood elite' and this guy who takes a sh-t in a gold toilet is somehow the man of the people is laughable.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney Slams Donald Trump In Angry Rant Empty Re: George Clooney Slams Donald Trump In Angry Rant

Post by LizzyNY Wed 18 Oct 2023, 02:02

I think it was in that same interview that George made the point that most people in the entertainment industry come from middle America & still have their family & roots there. They understand what it is to struggle.

Donald Trump was always & still is a spoiled rich kid who wouldn't know an honest day's work if it bit him in the butt. He doesn't understand or care about his MAGA followers. He just wants the money they're stupid enough to keep sending him.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down