George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Is Amal replacing Donald Trump on US Apprentice? EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Is Amal replacing Donald Trump on US Apprentice? EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Is Amal replacing Donald Trump on US Apprentice? EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Is Amal replacing Donald Trump on US Apprentice? EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Is Amal replacing Donald Trump on US Apprentice? EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Is Amal replacing Donald Trump on US Apprentice? EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Is Amal replacing Donald Trump on US Apprentice? EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Is Amal replacing Donald Trump on US Apprentice? EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Is Amal replacing Donald Trump on US Apprentice? EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Is Amal replacing Donald Trump on US Apprentice?

+12
LizzyNY
Way2Old4Dis
What Would He Say
Joanna
annemarie
Donnamarie
melbert
party animal - not!
oldweston
Alisonfan
kat19
Silje
16 posters

Go down

Is Amal replacing Donald Trump on US Apprentice? Empty Is Amal replacing Donald Trump on US Apprentice?

Post by Silje Sun 09 Aug 2015, 07:08

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Is Amal replacing Donald Trump on US Apprentice? Empty Re: Is Amal replacing Donald Trump on US Apprentice?

Post by Silje Sun 09 Aug 2015, 07:21

EXCLUSIVE: TV bosses want Amal Clooney to replace Donald Trump on US Apprentice

TV EXECUTIVES want George Clooney’s wife Amal to front The Celebrity Apprentice.

By MIKE PARKER

PUBLISHED: 00:01, Sun, Aug 9, 2015

Network executives want to replace Donald Trump with a "high-profile woman"

Human rights barrister Amal is NBC’s number one target to take over from Donald Trump as host of the prime time show, the US equivalent to Alan Sugar’s The Apprentice.

Amal, 37, who married Clooney in Venice last September, tops a short list of “powerhouse” female candidates that includes Facebook CEO Sheryl Sandberg and Fantastic Four actress Jessica Alba, who also runs a billion dollar household products empire.

Bosses at NBC turned Trump’s own catchphrase, “You’re fired!”, on him after he made incendiary remarks about illegal Mexican immigrants being “rapists and murderers” last month during a political campaign speech.

Now the network wants to hire in his place a high-profile woman who can command as much attention in the boardroom as on the red carpet, and executives believe human rights barrister Amal fits the bill perfectly.

One said yesterday: “As well as the cachet of being married to George, she is also a highly respected figure in her field and, since she rarely says anything in public, there is still something of an air of mystery to her.

We think she could be a perfect fit

NBC executive

“Basically we want Amal, although there are a couple of other prominent women in contention.

"We think she could be a perfect fit, if her schedule can be made to dovetail with shooting requirements.”

The idea of filming mainly in New York, where she is a regular lecturer as a visiting professor at Columbia Law School, appeals to the new Mrs Clooney, according to friends of the couple.

These include nightclub tycoon Rande Gerber and his wife, former supermodel Cindy Crawford, who has hosted and guest starred on several American TV shows and is reportedly encouraging Amal to “go for it”.

Celebrity Apprentice, which now averages more than seven million viewers but has registered as many as 11 million, features famous guests who, instead of competing for a job, battle to see who can raise most money for charity.

Previous winners have included Britain’s Piers Morgan and late comedienne Joan Rivers. LA-based media analyst Mike Raia said: “The show would be a perfect vehicle to launch Amal into an upscale on-screen career that could completely elevate her profile in the United States.”

After spending much of this summer at Clooney’s luxury villa on Lake Como, Italy, the couple now plan to sell the property for £32.2million, which is more than five times the amount he paid for it in 2001.

The Ocean’s Eleven movie heartthrob, 54, is also selling his holiday villa in the Mexican resort of Los Cabos, which would leave him and his wife with homes in LA, New York and England, where renovations to their Grade II listed mansion in Berkshire are almost completed.

A source close to the actor said: “He is all for Amal pursuing her professional life any way she decides.

"They both want children, probably sooner rather than later, but by establishing their bases on either side of the Atlantic and very much streamlining their lives, a TV debut on a show based in New York might very much appeal to Amal.”
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Is Amal replacing Donald Trump on US Apprentice? Empty Re: Is Amal replacing Donald Trump on US Apprentice?

Post by kat19 Sun 09 Aug 2015, 07:31

LOL, this is so obviously complete crap and totally made up. The stories are just getting more and more ridiculous by the day.

kat19
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Sun 09 Aug 2015, 11:53

Good for Amal.I think she maybe do only celebrity addition because of time . Good career move, so as not as reality as some shows talked about Amal would be good on TV.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by oldweston Sun 09 Aug 2015, 14:00

This is one of the funniest ones that I have seen from the gutter press.

How on earth do they come up with this stuff.

No matter how hard I try, I simply cannot imagine the thought process ? that precedes the creation of such drivel. Rolling Eyes

oldweston
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 09 Aug 2015, 14:14

Yep.

How not to combine two names in the news and get yourself a few column inches to fill up the paper - and presumably a cheque.

She must be laughing herself silly - IF she could ever be bothered to read such drivel.

The premise of it all? That little key word 'might'

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 09 Aug 2015, 14:14

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 09 Aug 2015, 15:07

What drug of choice was the writer on when they came up with this fantasy?

Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 09 Aug 2015, 15:08

I love that Melbert lol, Donnamarie I think they were doing a little of everything.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 09 Aug 2015, 18:38

lol! lol! lol! .......BIG  It happens ...........bigger than the horse. 

Love It !!!

melbert wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 09 Aug 2015, 21:13

The Donald has gone on to my list of people I'd like to have dinner with....OK, maybe just a costa...
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 09 Aug 2015, 22:36

"Housewife of Little Rock, Arkansas, your services are no longer required."

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 09 Aug 2015, 23:15

What Would He Say wrote:The Donald has gone on to my list of people I'd like to have dinner with....OK, maybe just a costa...
WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WWHS, you break my heart! Sad I thought we were kindred spirits and then you say this? Dinner with the most entitled, arrogant bully around? Why? He's the prototype of the "Ugly American" - the type of boor that makes the rest of the world hate us. Hell, he makes ME hate us for even considering electing him and turning him loose on the rest of the world. Can you really see him representing us on the world stage? We'd be at war in a week!

The only reason I'd sit down to dinner with this clown would be to put crazy glue in his food to shut him up!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Mon 10 Aug 2015, 00:15

You're a better person than I, Lizzy.  Of all the things I'd like to put in his food, crazy glue isn't in the top ten.  Twisted Evil
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 10 Aug 2015, 00:28

We'd be blown up in a week he is horrible.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 10 Aug 2015, 01:08

I want to know who the hell these people are in the national polls who are putting him at the top week after week. By giving this guy any credibility should nullify their right to vote in the Presidential election. That's a terrible thing to say, I know, but he is a stain on our political system.

Leave it to the far right looney Republicans for allowing this guy a voice on the national stage.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 10 Aug 2015, 01:11

You would think he was the only candidate they way the press cover every word he says.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 10 Aug 2015, 01:17

Donnamarie wrote:I want to know who the hell these people are in the national polls who are putting him at the top week after week. By giving this guy any credibility should nullify their right to vote in the Presidential election.  That's a terrible thing to say, I know, but he is a stain on our political system.  

Leave it to the far right looney Republicans for allowing this guy a voice on the national stage.

Here ya do Donnamarie....

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 10 Aug 2015, 01:22

LornaDoone wrote:
Donnamarie wrote:I want to know who the hell these people are in the national polls who are putting him at the top week after week. By giving this guy any credibility should nullify their right to vote in the Presidential election.  That's a terrible thing to say, I know, but he is a stain on our political system.  

Here ya do Donnamarie....

Hey that's my uncle!

Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Mon 10 Aug 2015, 01:26

The thing is, Trump is just saying out loud what all the other Republican candidates think. He's not playing by the rules, which mainly keep the crazy to private cocktail parties with donors and closed events. He's really screwing them all, because the others can't really criticize what he's saying if they want to win the primary, yet can't agree with him if they want to win the general election. As someone on Twitter put it, Donald Trump is every other Republican candidate after three or four drinks. And they're pissed at him for blowing their covers.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Mon 10 Aug 2015, 05:04

DONALD TRUMP MADE HIS MONEY AS A CORPORATE RAIDER. ALMOST ALL OF IT. BECAME FAMOUS IN THE EARLY DAYS AS THE ONE WHO DID THE STOCK TAKE OVERS AND RUIN OF MANY COMPANIES.

LOATHE HIM.  HE'S DISGUSTING HUMAN TRASH.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Mon 10 Aug 2015, 11:38

LizzyNY wrote:
What Would He Say wrote:The Donald has gone on to my list of people I'd like to have dinner with....OK, maybe just a costa...
WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WWHS, you break my heart! Sad I thought we were kindred spirits and then you say this? Dinner with the most entitled, arrogant bully around? Why? He's the prototype of the "Ugly American" - the type of boor that makes the rest of the world hate us. Hell, he makes ME hate us for even considering electing him and turning him loose on the rest of the world. Can you really see him representing us on the world stage? We'd be at war in a week!

The only reason I'd sit down to dinner with this clown would be to put crazy glue in his food to shut him up!

Lizzy, would I do that to you….I was tongue in cheek about The Don….

I have to admit he has caused a stir here this side of the great pond….usually when they talk American elections, so far in advance, my eyes glaze over and I fall asleep….But The Don has galvanised us….maybe not for the reasons you imagine….He has made the US Election sexy for me, engaged me at this early stage…..He is like a breath of “not” so fresh wind, we can’t wait to hear what he comes out with next….He is like everyone’s nightmare of a overly yappy 4 year old….

Seriously, I am truly fascinated by people who have bombastic monumental self belief….the kind that were told as they drank their Mothers milk, Buddha says “The mind is everything. What you think you become.”...

The kind that see NO barriers to their own greatness!  The kind that see NO reason that they should not be accepted by the “little People” NO matter what they say, NO matter how they make fools of themselves….Their self belief becomes their Magic Carpet, flying over any and all criticism….Their confidence in themselves creating a self professed “Charisma of Sorts”, to those stupid enough, (or paid enough) to believe it….And those who don’t believe it, does not bother The Don anyway….The Don and people like him do NOT worry about the upset, outrage,  or even the indifference of others….To them there is no place better to be than the island of The Donald….We should be grateful to hear him spout out…grateful to see his absurd physical caricature  of himself….Monumental bombastic self belief has got him to where he is…We are supposed to be in awe….

Beware America, vote for him at your peril….The Don is NOT a team player….He IS the team, first, last, always…..

Re; this thread. Whatever made them think of Amal?….Now there’s a thought…
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 10 Aug 2015, 12:18

WWHS - Stupidity made them think of Amal (if they did) just like stupidity makes them pander to Trump. I think there's a hefty component of fear thrown in where he's concerned, too. He's a vindictive bully and if you cross him he's not above going after you any way he can -and he's got the money to do it. He's already threatened the Republican Party with a third party run if he's not their nominee. That would probably guarantee a Democratic win. I wonder how he would have turned out if his father hadn't left him a fortune.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 10 Aug 2015, 13:22

...........next thing we know is that some bright spark will suggest 'Judge Amal'.............!! (if it hasn't happened already........)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 10 Aug 2015, 13:29

True that PAN.

There has been soooo much airtime spent on someone who is full of hot air!  Nothing more.  He is an egotistical and narcissistic individual who will never be President of the United States.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Mon 10 Aug 2015, 21:50

This story is everywhere even in Vogue. Didn't like any of their cloth suggestions though.

Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 10 Aug 2015, 23:19

...........good grief. Is Anna Wintour away!?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 10 Aug 2015, 23:59

Wintour must be away and the writers have gone astray.

This is a joke.  Yeah Right
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Tue 11 Aug 2015, 00:35

She does not even fit in with the premise of the show.  Seems totally made up, but you would think someone making this stuff up would at least come up with a story with some internal logic.  

In a bizarro world where this is true, it would change a lot of opinions about Amal.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by oldweston Tue 11 Aug 2015, 00:40

party animal - not! wrote:...........good grief. Is Anna Wintour away!?
Made me laugh out loud. Thinking to myself this is the last time anyone in the Clooney household will be taking a call from Anna. Very Happy

oldweston
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Tue 11 Aug 2015, 11:03

fava wrote:She does not even fit in with the premise of the show.  Seems totally made up, but you would think someone making this stuff up would at least come up with a story with some internal logic.  

In a bizarro world where this is true, it would change a lot of opinions about Amal.

Hahaha That is what we all said when like last year we got leeks about wedding.We say that will NEVER happen.But it was to be so true!!!!

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 11 Aug 2015, 12:28

George has said in his interview that everyday there is some new story all of which are ridiculous.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sat 15 Aug 2015, 09:43

Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down