George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
The 'mystery' woman George loved when he was 23 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
The 'mystery' woman George loved when he was 23 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
The 'mystery' woman George loved when he was 23 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
The 'mystery' woman George loved when he was 23 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
The 'mystery' woman George loved when he was 23 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
The 'mystery' woman George loved when he was 23 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
The 'mystery' woman George loved when he was 23 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
The 'mystery' woman George loved when he was 23 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
The 'mystery' woman George loved when he was 23 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

The 'mystery' woman George loved when he was 23

5 posters

Go down

The 'mystery' woman George loved when he was 23 Empty The 'mystery' woman George loved when he was 23

Post by Admin Wed 16 Feb 2022, 18:34

Alright, this is just for a laugh, but hell, anyone else want to do a bit of speculation who it was that George was so obsessed with way back then?

This is what he was quoted as saying:

DEADLINE: I imagine you have had an easier road with women unwilling to commit than most of your species, George. You’ve been through that hell?
CLOONEY: We all had that. We all had them.
HESLOV: He had one in particular.
CLOONEY: He remembers, very well, and she will remain nameless.
HESLOV: I mean, it was on again, off again, on again, off again, and she…
CLOONEY: Yeah, and then she dumped me in the most insane way.
HESLOV: She’d love him, and then…
DEADLINE: How did she dump you?
CLOONEY: I don’t remember now…
HESLOV: But the more she dumped him, the more he loved her.
CLOONEY: Yeah. Yeah. It was hysterical. I was 23, what did I know?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The 'mystery' woman George loved when he was 23 Empty Re: The 'mystery' woman George loved when he was 23

Post by Admin Wed 16 Feb 2022, 18:36

If my maths is right, that puts us in 1984 . . .

He was married to Talia Balsam in 1989
Admin
Admin
Admin

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

The 'mystery' woman George loved when he was 23 Empty Re: The 'mystery' woman George loved when he was 23

Post by Admin Wed 16 Feb 2022, 18:41

And copying some replies from the original interview here:

Missa wrote:There's lots of good stuff in here, but let's focus on the most important piece: who do we think the woman he was obsessed with at 23 was? Smile Based on the assumption that he insisted on keeping her name out of it because we'd recognize her name, and the timing (this would have been 1984-ish), I'm guessing Kelly Preston.

LizzyNY wrote:Missa, thanks so much for posting this! It's the most interesting interview they've given in a long time. Fascinating.

And I agree. Considering the timing, I think the girl was probably Kelly Preston.

Donnamarie wrote:Great read Missa.  Thanks so much for posting.  Don’t know if Kelly Preston is the mystery girl.  Checking online and the timeline of when they dated it seems they moved in together in 1988.  George would have been around 27 then.
He moved to Hollywood when he was 21 so this girl was someone he knew when he was a very young struggling actor.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 16 Feb 2022, 20:43

Completely forgot having read this interview before, but I still think it's one of the best they've given. The questions are much more in-depth than usual and I learned a lot about how George and Grant came to be partners and how they feel about their craft and the industry. Fascinating.

As far as who the heart breaker was, I'm not sure. My first thought was Kimberly Russel, but she was around in the 90's. Could be Kelly Preston, but on reflection, I don't think she kept dumping him and coming back - and thinking about it now, the timing doesn't seem right. It's possible it's someone we've never heard of because they were done before he became famous.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 16 Feb 2022, 23:27

Kudos to Missa for asking the question in the first place - I just made it a new thread!

I still wonder about Talia. Wasn't the story that they'd dated a few years before they married, broke up and then got back together and married?

LizzyNY wrote:It's possible it's someone we've never heard of because they were done before he became famous.
Almost certainly, but I miss those days when we could speculate about who George was seeing. Ah, happy days.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 17 Feb 2022, 13:14

Another George prank to keep everyone guessings, and talking about him??????

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 17 Feb 2022, 17:44

....Laura Dern? (Grizzly 1 was being made around that time, wasn't it?)

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 18 Feb 2022, 13:22

party animal - not! wrote:....Laura Dern? (Grizzly 1 was being made around that time, wasn't it?)
Ooooooh!  Now there's a thought!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 18 Feb 2022, 13:49

Well, it was definitely before he became "George Clooney movie star", so I guess it could be. I would never have thought of her.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Mon 21 Feb 2022, 00:30

Ooooh, Laura Dern is a good guess! It has to be someone with a recognizable name that could also be connected to him, right? Otherwise he could just have said, “Oh yeah, Amy, she drove me crazy!” I feel like he deliberately didn’t say the name because we’d instantly recognize it.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down