George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Museum of Modern Art Film Benefit to Honor George Clooney EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Museum of Modern Art Film Benefit to Honor George Clooney EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Museum of Modern Art Film Benefit to Honor George Clooney EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Museum of Modern Art Film Benefit to Honor George Clooney EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Museum of Modern Art Film Benefit to Honor George Clooney EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Museum of Modern Art Film Benefit to Honor George Clooney EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Museum of Modern Art Film Benefit to Honor George Clooney EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Museum of Modern Art Film Benefit to Honor George Clooney EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Museum of Modern Art Film Benefit to Honor George Clooney EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Museum of Modern Art Film Benefit to Honor George Clooney

3 posters

Go down

Museum of Modern Art Film Benefit to Honor George Clooney Empty Museum of Modern Art Film Benefit to Honor George Clooney

Post by annemarie Thu 12 Nov 2020, 12:42

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[size=48]Museum of Modern Art Film Benefit to Honor George Clooney[/size]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Duncan McGlynn/Getty Images

The Chanel-presented event is going virtual for the first time and, with the honor, puts Clooney on a list of previous recipients like Tom Hanks, Cate Blanchett and Martin Scorsese.

George Clooney has a date with the Museum of Modern Art on Dec. 7.

The Oscar-winning multi-hyphenate and humanitarian has been selected to receive top honors during MoMA Film Benefit presented by Chanel. The program — virtual this year due to the novel coronavirus pandemic — will feature a look back on Clooney’s big-screen efforts along with "a special musical performance," yet to be announced. The tribute comes as Clooney and Netflix are prepping for the December release of his latest film, The Midnight Sky. MoMA’s film collection already includes eight Clooney films, including Out of SightThree Kings, O Brother, Where Art Thou?, Spy Kids, Intolerable Cruelty, Syriana, Good Night, and Good Luck, and The Good German.

The event will also serve as a benefit for Artist Relief, an emergency initiative created by a coalition of national arts grantmakers to offer financial support and informational resources to artists across the United States amid the pandemic. For the first time, a $25 ticket will be offered for those looking to attend with proceeds going directly to Artist Relief. There are pricier options as well, with options that range from $5,000 to $75,000 and include "dinner and a movie" for showings of Midnight Sky paired with a home viewing experience menu.

"The arts, especially film, are critical to civil society especially during these challenging times," said Glenn D. Lowry, the David Rockefeller director at MoMa. "We are proud to continue championing the important contributions of film and filmmakers, and grateful to support Artist Relief and all of the vital work that they're doing to help artists across the country during the COVID-19 pandemic."

Added Rajendra Roy, Celeste Bartos chief curator of film at MoMA: "George Clooney's vast contributions as an actor, director, and producer are surpassed only by his deep commitment to advocating for social justice and humanitarian aid around the world. We take great pride in honoring someone who uses the arts to amplify such important causes and are immeasurably grateful to Mr. Clooney and those who support Film at MoMA, especially at the end of such a tumultuous year when the future of cinemas in New York City remains uncertain.”

Since 2011, Chanel has sponsored MoMA's annual Film Benefit. This year, however, marks a new chapter in this history of patronage with the expansion of Chanel's partnership to encompass the role of lead sponsor of film at MoMA. With the honor, Clooney joins a list of Film Benefit honorees that includes Laura Dern, Martin Scorsese, Julianne Moore, Tom Hanks, Cate Blanchett, Alfonso Cuarón, Tilda Swinton, Quentin Tarantino, Pedro Almodóvar, Kathryn Bigelow, Tim Burton, and Baz Luhrmann.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Museum of Modern Art Film Benefit to Honor George Clooney Empty Re: Museum of Modern Art Film Benefit to Honor George Clooney

Post by Admin Fri 13 Nov 2020, 12:02

Sounds cool.

I wonder if, when this world finally comes back to normal, George will continue doing virtual appearances? It seems to make sense as he can be at a lot of places worldwide while still being home in time to read the twins their bedtime story.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Museum of Modern Art Film Benefit to Honor George Clooney Empty Re: Museum of Modern Art Film Benefit to Honor George Clooney

Post by party animal - not! Fri 13 Nov 2020, 15:44

It does!

Starting to wonder whether I should make a list of all the Clooneys' Virtual appearances.

Looking like a very busy month - and great timing for the film of course........

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 13 Nov 2020, 18:51

party animal - not! wrote:Starting to wonder whether I should make a list of all the Clooneys' Virtual appearances.
Erm, already done!  Here: https://www.clooneysopenhouse.com/t9103-where-is-george-clooney-the-calendar
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 13 Nov 2020, 19:13

If I find anything from now on I will add it to the calendar.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 13 Nov 2020, 19:20

Yes, please do!  Although it's a sticky, anyone can add to it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 08 Dec 2020, 11:12

Very nice!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 08 Dec 2020, 11:46

[size=48]Inside MoMA's Film Benefit Honoring George Clooney with Bradley Cooper, 'ER' Memories[/size]

Duncan McGlynn/Getty Images

The Oscar winner was feted Monday night during a special virtual installment of the Museum of Modern Art Film Benefit presented by Chanel.

After all-star tributes and the honoree’s film reel should come a hug.

That’s what Rajendra Roy, chief curator of film at New York’s Museum of Modern Art, noted toward the tail end of Monday night’s Film Benefit honoring George Clooney. Roy, seated alone in one of MoMA’s theaters and staring directly into the camera, was explaining how, if this were any other year, he would have the honor of welcoming the evening’s special guest to the stage for a warm embrace followed by a typical acceptance speech.

“My one chance to hug George Clooney is shot,” quipped Roy. “Thank you, 2020.”

The challenging year and the COVID-19 pandemic may have put a stop to large scale gatherings like MoMA’s Film Benefit, effectively erasing many a movie star hug and countless air kisses, but the museum and title sponsor Chanel still managed to pull off a sleek digital event. Clooney still showed up, virtually at least, to accept, even dressing for the occasion in a suit and tie. He kicked off his remarks by promising Roy a rain check of sorts — “we’ll get that hug in soon” — before acknowledging the unusual circumstances.

“Isn’t it dumb that we can’t all be in the same room tonight? It’s such a strange year.” It’s still a big one for 59-year-old Oscar-winning actor, filmmaker, producer and humanitarian, who was being feted on the eve of the release of his Netflix epic The Midnight Sky. “It's an honor to be in the company of this incredible list of honorees, some are dear friends, a couple whom I don’t care for. You know who you are; I’m looking at you, Alfonso,” Clooney joked, ribbing Gravity collaborator Alfonso Cuaron and referencing a list of previous recipients that includes Martin Scorsese, Cate Blanchett, Tom Hanks, Tilda Swinton, Quentin Tarantino and Julianna Moore.

Clooney then recalled his first trip to MoMA at the age of 12. “My parents brought me and my sister to New York. Just standing in front of the museum, I'd never seen anything like it. Then I walked inside. I was a kid from a small town in Kentucky and it opened my eyes to a whole world, a world where anything is possible. That's what the Museum of Modern Art means to me. And your support for young filmmakers and film preservation, they're deeply personal. Your commitment to artists, through your partnership with Artist Relief, is inspiring in the most difficult year.”

The latter sentiment referenced the MoMA’s commitment to share funds raised from the event with Artist Relief, an emergency initiative created by a coalition of national arts grantmakers to offer financial support and informational resources to artists across the United States amid the COVID-19 pandemic. In doing so, MoMA offered a $25 ticket to Monday night’s event to make it affordable and accessible to a wider range of guests with those funds going directly to Artist Relief. Also new this year, Chanel, a longtime patron of film and the cinematic arts, expanded its support to encompass the role of lead sponsor of film at MoMA.

Clooney then turned his attention back on 2020, leaning on an adjective that has become quite common during the pandemic: unprecedented.

“We have faced an overwhelming threat that has affected people all over the world. But what I want to say to all of you is that we're going to get through it. This scourge that's disrupted so many lives, it’s terrified us, wrecked our economy, left us feeling like there’s no hope,” he said. “Well, now we see there is. There’s more than hope. There is a bright light at the end of this tunnel. We will soon say goodbye to the dark ages. Goodbye to fear. Goodbye to doubt. Goodbye to the anxiety. Once this is over and Trump's out of office, we should probably do something about COVID, too. That would be important. Here’s to 2021. We’ll see you in person then.”

President Donald Trump digs aside, Clooney’s speech capped off an event program that featured a parade of former co-stars, friends and collaborators like Bradley Cooper, David Letterman, Sam Rockwell, Tilda Swinton, Julianna Margulies, Demián Bichir, Jeffrey Wright, Felicity Jones, David Oyelowo, Kyle Chandler and Tiffany Boone. Brittany Howard, the Alabama Shakes lead singer who is riding high off multiple nominations for her solo debut, closed the show with a rousing set that included her hit “Stay High.”

The event opened just after 8 p.m. EST with MoMA director Glenn D. Lowry who doled out the requisite thank-yous to Chanel, Netflix, the museum’s film committee and Clooney’s many friends and colleagues.

Up first was Michael Ovitz, who is a longtime MoMA trustee and chair of the film committee. Ovitz recalled meeting Clooney for the first time in 1994 on the set of ER and being struck by how he brought that something special to a show that had been rejected by just about everybody for its intensity. “George Clooney is so gifted and so talented,” Ovitz said. “He brought warmth and created an opposing dynamic to the style of the show that made it one of the most popular in history.”

ER was well-represented thanks to Margulies. She credited Clooney with being responsible for her career, even going so far as to share the story of how he convinced her to turn down a competing gig.

“I feel so grateful that you were the one who actually stopped me from taking [another] job, because you were the only one who actually cared enough to call and say, ‘By the way, don’t take the job. I think you tested well and we tested well together. If you just could hold off for a couple of weeks, I think you’re going to get a series regular offer,’” she detailed. “Forever in my life, I am indebted to you, my friend.”

Rockwell, who toplined Clooney’s 2002 directorial effort Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, said he first met Clooney with Drew Barrymore while he was filming Charlie’s Angels. “We met Lucy Liu at a karaoke bar in a strip mall in the Valley. We did karaoke and I immediately loved him,” said the actor. “I think you’re the shit man. I think you’re the bee’s knees.”

Letterman also delivered his 'how I met George Clooney story' but his was less believable in that he claimed they met at a fundraising cocktail for conservative Republican Mitch McConnell. Wright said that he met Clooney on the first film they made together, Syriana, but, coincidentally they also had an encounter outside MoMA. He watched as Clooney exited the building and got in a waiting car.

“Phones popped out of pockets and purses and cellular usage was spiked on that intersection exponentially. It was a teeming jolt of electricity as he passed through. Women everywhere were calling women everywhere to let them know,” said the actor, who also praised Clooney for always being on call when he needed him. “He’s had my back. When I’ve reached out on various projects, there’s not been a time that George doesn’t take an interest and doesn’t get back [to me] almost immediately.”

Cooper, appearing in a clip that featured him in character on the set of a film with a bloody forehead, said Clooney is an inspiration for countless young actors who want to stretch themselves creatively by one day writing and directing. “You have inspired us and you have allowed us to dream big because of the way you have lived your life as an artist in this business,” Cooper said, after revealing that he was among those who auditioned for Clooney’s 2008 film Leatherheads. Clooney directed the film and stars alongside Renée Zellweger and John Krasinski.

Jones, who stars in the Netflix film The Midnight Sky, which is premiering Tuesday night for VIPs and press, praised Clooney for his “phenomenal capacity” for seeing his vision through and for being “so fearless” in the way he operates. “He’s one of the most extraordinary people that I’ve ever worked with.”

Clooney’s Michael Clayton co-star Swinton made sure to mention that while she was filming her congratulatory tribute herself in between takes on a movie set and sans mask, she wanted to do so in order to send “all my illegal kisses to you and your glorious girl [wife Amal Clooney] and your babies.”

“We know how great you are. We know that you’re one of the best, the greatest ever. What a sublime actor and what a citizen of the planet you are. I’m here to say this, you’re just a good one. You’re a good man. You have a great heart. You’re super kind, man. I really love you. I want to see more of you please. Have a beautiful night soaking all this up. Well done, MoMA.”

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 08 Dec 2020, 16:50

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 08 Dec 2020, 17:08

[size=42]Inside MoMA and Chanel's Celebration of George Clooney
The actor was honored at the Museum of Modern Art’s 2020 Film Benefit, held virtually, of course.

BY THE EDITORS
 DEC 8, 2020[/size]

COURTESY MOMA
Computer screens around the world glowed a bit more glamorously on the evening of Monday, December 7, when the Museum of Modern Art held its all-virtual 2020 Film Benefit, presented by Chanel.
The 13[size=14]th
 annual gala evening honored George Clooney—the Oscar-winning actor, producer, director, and screenwriter whose latest film, The Midnight Sky, will premiere December 23—and featured tributes from co-stars and friends including Tilda Swinton, Bradley Cooper, Demián Bichir, Michael Ovitz, Jeffrey Wright, Julianna Margulies, Felicity Jones, and more.
[/size]
Felicity Jones, David Oyelowo, Grant Heslov, Tiffany Boone, Demian Bechir, Kyle Chandler, Tilda Swinton, Jeffrey Wright, David Letterman, Sam Rockwell, Julianna Margulies, and Bradley Cooper attend MoMA Film Benefit, Presented by Chanel, A Tribute to George Clooney.
COURTESY MOMA
[size][size]
It was a feel-good celebration of an actor and activist who has clearly earned the admiration of his peers. Margulies recalled Clooney letting her take his Porsche for a spin during their E.R. days, and his Midnight Sky co-star Tiffany Boone shared a story of him charming her starstruck sister during a recent set visit.
[/size][/size]
Brittany Howard performing at MoMA Film Benefit Presented by Chanel, A Tribute to George Clooney.
ANDREW BOYLE
[size][size]
The evening, which closed out with a musical performance by Grammy-nominated rocker Brittany Howard, did more than just honor Clooney (and give art-starved attendees a peek back inside MoMA), it also benefitted Artist Relief, which offers financial support and informational resources to artists across the United States.
This year’s event marked a first for the Film Benefit; $25 tickets were available to the general public, with the fund directly benefitting Artist Relief. (Another update: It was announced that Chanel has become the lead sponsor of film at MoMA.)[/size][/size]

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 08 Dec 2020, 17:10

[size=48]George Clooney Gets All-Star MoMA Virtual Tribute from Bradley Cooper, Tilda Swinton and More
The actor was honored at the MoMA's 2020 Film Benefit for his contributions as an actor and humanitarian
By Georgia Slater 
December 08, 2020 11:34 AM

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][url=https://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/link/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com%2Fmovies%2Fgeorge-clooney-moma-tribute-bradley-cooper-tilda-swinton-more%2F%3Futm_source%3Dpinterest.com%26utm_medium%3Dsocial%26utm_campaign%3Dsocial-share-article%26utm_content%3D20201208%26utm_term%3Dundefined&media=https%3A%2F%2Fimagesvc.meredithcorp.io%2Fv3%2Fmm%2Fimage%3Furl%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fstatic.onecms.io%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F20%2F2020%2F11%2F30%2Fgeorge-clooney.jpg&description=George Clooney Gets All-Star MoMA Virtual Tribute from Bradley Cooper%2C Tilda Swinton and More][/url]

CREDIT: JEFF SPICER/GETTY
Not even a pandemic can hold back George Clooney's costars and friends from coming together — virtually, of course — to celebrate the icon.
On Monday, the Oscar-winning actor, producer, director, screenwriter, and humanitarian was honored at the Museum of Modern Art’s 2020 Film Benefit, presented by Chanel, where stars like Bradley Cooper, Tilda Swinton, and more gathered at the virtual gala to pay tribute to Clooney.
"Isn’t it dumb that we can’t all be in the same room tonight? It’s such a strange year," Clooney, 59, began his remarks, after watching the sweet tributes.
"It's an honor to be in the company of this incredible list of honorees," he continued, teasing, "some are dear friends, a couple whom I don’t care for. You know who you are."

[/size]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][url=https://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/link/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com%2Fmovies%2Fgeorge-clooney-moma-tribute-bradley-cooper-tilda-swinton-more%2F%3Futm_source%3Dpinterest.com%26utm_medium%3Dsocial%26utm_campaign%3Dsocial-share-article%26utm_content%3D20201208%26utm_term%3Dundefined&media=https%3A%2F%2Fimagesvc.meredithcorp.io%2Fv3%2Fmm%2Fimage%3Furl%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fstatic.onecms.io%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F20%2F2020%2F12%2F08%2Fgeorge-clooney-1.jpg&description=George Clooney Gets All-Star MoMA Virtual Tribute from Bradley Cooper%2C Tilda Swinton and More][/url]

CREDIT: COURTESY MOMA

The actor then recalled his first trip to the MoMA when he was 12 as "a kid from a small town in Kentucky."
"My parents brought me and my sister to New York. Just standing in front of the museum, I'd never seen anything like it...it opened my eyes to a whole world, a world where anything is possible," he said.
RELATED: George Clooney Opens Up About Family, Giving Back and His Faith in America's Future: 'You Can't Give Up'
"That's what the Museum of Modern Art means to me. And your support for young filmmakers and film preservation, they're deeply personal. Your commitment to artists, through your partnership with Artist Relief, is inspiring in the most difficult year," he added.

Clooney's collaborators and friends each honored the actor for various reasons.
Cooper thanked the Up in the Air star for being an inspiration for young actors and directors.
"You have inspired us and you have allowed us to dream big because of the way you have lived your life as an artist in this business," he said.
Clooney's Michael Clayton costar Swinton, who received the same MoMA honor in 2013, called the actor "one of the best, the greatest ever."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][url=https://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/link/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com%2Fmovies%2Fgeorge-clooney-moma-tribute-bradley-cooper-tilda-swinton-more%2F%3Futm_source%3Dpinterest.com%26utm_medium%3Dsocial%26utm_campaign%3Dsocial-share-article%26utm_content%3D20201208%26utm_term%3Dundefined&media=https%3A%2F%2Fimagesvc.meredithcorp.io%2Fv3%2Fmm%2Fimage%3Furl%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fstatic.onecms.io%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F20%2F2020%2F12%2F08%2Fgeorge-clooney-2.jpg&description=George Clooney Gets All-Star MoMA Virtual Tribute from Bradley Cooper%2C Tilda Swinton and More][/url]

CREDIT: ANDREW BOYLE

"What a sublime actor and what a citizen of the planet you are. I’m here to say this, you’re just a good one. You’re a good man. You have a great heart. You’re super kind, man," the actress said. "I really love you. I want to see more of you please. Have a beautiful night soaking all this up. Well done, MoMA.”
Julianna Margulies, who starred opposite Clooney in the medical drama ER, credited the actor for helping her advance her career.
"I feel so grateful that you were the one who actually stopped me from taking [another] job, because you were the only one who actually cared enough to call and say, ‘By the way, don’t take the job. I think you tested well and we tested well together. If you just could hold off for a couple of weeks, I think you’re going to get a series regular offer,'" she recalled.
RELATED: George Clooney's Activism in Photos
"Forever in my life, I am indebted to you, my friend," she said.
The actress also reflected on a hilarious anecdote between the two when Clooney let her drive his Porche. The star recalled telling Clooney she loved to drive, to which he asked, "Have you ever driven a Porche?" He then proceeded to hand her his keys.
"And I thought, 'Who’s this guy who’s letting me drive his Porsche? This guy can’t be for real,'" she shared. "I would read the telephone book for you, my friend."
Other stars to appear at the event included Demián Bichir, Tiffany Boone, Kyle Chandler, Grant Heslov, Felicity Jones, David Letterman, Michael Ovitz, David Oyelowo, Sam Rockwell, and Jeffrey Wright.
The event, which benefited Artist Relief, an emergency initiative that offers financial support and informational resources to artists across the United States, closed with a musical performance by Grammy nominee Brittany Howard.
Clooney's MoMA honor comes nearly a week after he was named one of PEOPLE's People of the Year.
The actor — who has also been named PEOPLE's Sexiest Man Alive twice — has long been one of Hollywood’s most philanthropic and outspoken humanitarians, using his voice, wealth and powerful platform to do good.
His upcoming film, The Midnight Sky, is available on Netflix Dec. 2.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down