George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney to Receive Actor of the Year Honor at Hollywood Film Awards (Exclusive) EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney to Receive Actor of the Year Honor at Hollywood Film Awards (Exclusive) EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney to Receive Actor of the Year Honor at Hollywood Film Awards (Exclusive) EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney to Receive Actor of the Year Honor at Hollywood Film Awards (Exclusive) EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney to Receive Actor of the Year Honor at Hollywood Film Awards (Exclusive) EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney to Receive Actor of the Year Honor at Hollywood Film Awards (Exclusive) EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney to Receive Actor of the Year Honor at Hollywood Film Awards (Exclusive) EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney to Receive Actor of the Year Honor at Hollywood Film Awards (Exclusive) EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney to Receive Actor of the Year Honor at Hollywood Film Awards (Exclusive) EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney to Receive Actor of the Year Honor at Hollywood Film Awards (Exclusive)

+7
Dexterdidit
it's me
Cinderella
sandwiches
Atalante
sarah ali
laetval
11 posters

Go down

George Clooney to Receive Actor of the Year Honor at Hollywood Film Awards (Exclusive) Empty George Clooney to Receive Actor of the Year Honor at Hollywood Film Awards (Exclusive)

Post by laetval Wed 12 Oct 2011, 16:24

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The 50-year-old A-lister is a 2011 best actor contender for "The Descendants" and best supporting actor contender "The Ides of March."

The 15th annual Hollywood Film Festival and Hollywood Film Awards, presented by Starz Entertainment, will honor Academy Award winner George Clooney with its 2011 Hollywood Actor Award.
The 50-year-old A-lister is being recognized for his leading performance as an emotionally-distant husband and father who is forced by tragic circumstances to become a family man in Alexander Payne's The Descendants (which has been celebrated by members of the press and public alike since its premiere at the Telluride Film Festival in September), as well as for his portrayal of a left-leaning presidential candidate who is harboring a dark secret in The Ides of March (which he co-wrote and directed, and which was also unveiled last month, at the Venice Film Festival). Clooney will collect his statuette at the Hollywood Awards Gala Ceremony, which will take place at the Beverly Hilton on Oct. 24, 2011.
Carlos de Abreu, the founder and executive director of the event, told me, "George Clooney delivered a flawless and passionate performance in Alexander Payne's human drama The Descendants. Clooney continues to shine as one of Hollywood's most gifted actors. We're delighted to honor him at this year's Hollywood Film Awards."

Previous recipients of the Hollywood Actor Award include Jackie Chan, Russell Crowe, Ewan McGregor, Tom Hanks, Johnny Depp, Leonardo DiCaprio, Joaquin Phoenix, Forest Whitaker, Richard Gere, Josh Brolin, Robert De Niro, and Robert Duvall. Crowe and Whitaker went on to win the best actor Oscar just months after collecting theirs, while Hanks, Depp, and DiCaprio received nominations.

In recent weeks, as "The Race" was the first to report, de Abreu revealed the recipients of a number of other prizes, as well (which are determined by de Abreu and a panel of advisers): the cast of The Help for the Hollywood Ensemble Award; Oscar nominee Michelle Williams (My Week with Marilyn, Meek's Cutoff, Take This Waltz) for the Hollywood Actress Award; Oscar nominee Christopher Plummer (Beginners) for the Hollywood Supporting Actor Award; Oscar nominee Carey Mulligan (Shame, Drive) for the Hollywood Supporting Actress Award; Oscar winner Diablo Cody (Young Adult) for the Hollywood Screenwriter Award; Rango for the Hollywood Animation Award; Letty Aronson (Midnight in Paris) for the Hollywood Producer Award; Oscar nominee Emmanuel Lubezki (The Tree of Life) for the Hollywood Cinematographer Award; Oscar winner Stephen Mirrione (The Ides of March) with the Hollywood Editor Award; Oscar nominee Alberto Iglesias (The Skin I Live In, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy) for the Hollywood Film Composer Award; Oscar nominee James Murakami (J. Edgar) for the Hollywood Production Designer Award; Oscar winner Scott Farrar (Transformers: Dark of the Moon) for the Hollywood Visual Effects Award; Michel Hazanavicius (The Artist) for the Hollywood Breakthrough Director Award; Joseph Gordon-Levitt (50/50) for the Hollywood Breakthrough Actor Award; Jessica Chastain (Coriolanus, The Debt, The Help, Take Shelter, and The Tree of Life) for the Hollywood Breakthrough Actress Award; Felicity Jones (Like Crazy) for the New Hollywood Award; and Oscar nominee Glenn Close (Albert Nobbs) for the Hollywood Career Achievement Award. Captain America: The First Avenger, Cowboys & Aliens, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows -- Part 2, The Help, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, Rango, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, Super 8, Transformers: Dark Side of the Moon, and X-Men: First Class.

He also announced that the nominees for this year's Hollywood Film Award, which will be determined by the public through voting on the Yahoo! Movies website, are Captain America: The First Avenger, Cowboys & Aliens, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows -- Part 2, The Help, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, Rango, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, Super 8, Transformers: Dark Side of the Moon, and X-Men: First Class.
laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

George Clooney to Receive Actor of the Year Honor at Hollywood Film Awards (Exclusive) Empty Re: George Clooney to Receive Actor of the Year Honor at Hollywood Film Awards (Exclusive)

Post by sarah ali Wed 12 Oct 2011, 16:30

this is amazing , Congrats Georgeeee!! cheers
sarah ali
sarah ali
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

George Clooney to Receive Actor of the Year Honor at Hollywood Film Awards (Exclusive) Empty Re: George Clooney to Receive Actor of the Year Honor at Hollywood Film Awards (Exclusive)

Post by Atalante Wed 12 Oct 2011, 16:40

Ides dissapoints. Link Oeps ! rabbit
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by sandwiches Wed 12 Oct 2011, 16:50

Jackie Chan? Laughing
sandwiches
sandwiches
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Wed 12 Oct 2011, 17:10

George, I hope you have fun! Congratulations! Here's my award that I present to you... Give Flowers2 That's all I have to give right now... Sad
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 12 Oct 2011, 20:08

Complimenti! Very Happy
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Thu 13 Oct 2011, 01:16

Wow Stan is working his little butt of isn't he. It's always good to get an award when you have a couple of films out great press for George! I wonder where George puts all his awards he has a few by now.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Oct 2011, 01:31

I Just read the headline. Actor of the year? Rolling Eyes

I thought this would go to either Fassie or Ryan Gosling.
Man, Hollywood likes to kiss George's hillbilly a*s... lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 13 Oct 2011, 05:43

Well, as a George Clooney fan, I'm happy to see George collecting this award. I don't know that it's a terribly significant award, but it's always nice to see our man's name on the trophy, no?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Thu 13 Oct 2011, 07:53

And it's always nice to see George in a suit which I'm sure he will wear to collect it. So it's win/win really.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Thu 13 Oct 2011, 13:33

As a fan, YES! The more recognition, the better the chances! Go get’em George! And give us some great pics, too! cameraclick
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 13 Oct 2011, 13:36

Thumbs up! esatto!
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Oct 2011, 20:00

Katiedot wrote:Well, as a George Clooney fan, I'm happy to see George collecting this award. I don't know that it's a terribly significant award, but it's always nice to see our man's name on the trophy, no?
As his fn, you should be happy to see him collecting an award. Granted.

But we also should have common sense to discern when someone deserves an award or not, which separates fans from FANatics (I think).

I am sure he is terrific in the descendants, but actor of the year is a bit too much considering other actors have done amazing work this year in one, two or three movies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Thu 13 Oct 2011, 21:20

I seem to be very enthusiastic about George getting this award. You seem to be very enthusiastic about him not deserving this award. So, I would have to say... we are both fanatics… cheers

Fanatic (synonym) enthusiastic lol!

I thought this was funny!...
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Oct 2011, 00:52

Cinderella wrote:I seem to be very enthusiastic about George getting this award. You seem to be very enthusiastic about him not deserving this award. So, I would have to say... we are both fanatics… cheers

Fanatic (synonym) enthusiastic lol!

I thought this was funny!...
Say wha? Noooo! LOL!

Fanatic =A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause.
Case closed! cheers lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Fri 14 Oct 2011, 01:01

You forgot to include the rest of that definition... "… as in religion or politics." scratch

I associate it more with the lesser explanation such as "devotee" a milder term that suggests enthusiasm but not to the exclusion of other interests or possible points of view. Smile
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Oct 2011, 01:04

Yes, I forgot sometimes people treat George as a God, lol!

Thanks Cinderella!

I wanted to enphasize that is unreason to cheer up for this award because of the title doesn't reflect what's hapenning this year in terms of acting...But as I said, this case is closed to me! You all will get mad at me for no reason, but I stand by my opinions. Thumbs up!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 14 Oct 2011, 04:59

LouisLane wrote:
Katiedot wrote:Well, as a George Clooney fan, I'm happy to see George collecting this award. I don't know that it's a terribly significant award, but it's always nice to see our man's name on the trophy, no?
As his fn, you should be happy to see him collecting an award. Granted.

But we also should have common sense to discern when someone deserves an award or not, which separates fans from FANatics (I think).

I am sure he is terrific in the descendants, but actor of the year is a bit too much considering other actors have done amazing work this year in one, two or three movies.
I'm always happy when good things happen to people who I like.

I think you're taking this award way too seriously. I don't think it's all that significant and there's no way of ever finding the one actor who was the absolute best in a year because that's just an impossible evaluation. At best you could find maybe the half a dozen best actors of the year. So this year George gets it, which is great. Last year it was someone else and next year it'll be someone else. Also great.

All it means is that someone somewhere thought that an actor's performance was award-worthy. Whether we agree with that evaluation or not is irrelevant. I think George himself would say that it doesn't detract from the work and performances of other actors and that it's just not possible to compare acting in this way. So why not be happy when your favourite actor wins something?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Oct 2011, 05:17

I was giving my opinion based on the title, which makes sense. It's not about being happy or not, it's about being fair (people tend not to compare art and acting, but we all do, don't we?!) and he will probably address it, if he goes there to pick it up.

You are the one taking my opinion too seriously to keep making all these analyses because I happen to have a different opinion. Cinderella wrote in a fun and nice way. But it seems that you don't know how to agree to disagree every now and then.

ps: please, whoever gave me negative votes, keep on voting. I don't get them very often.

Last edited by LouisLane on Fri 14 Oct 2011, 05:19; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling + added info)

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 14 Oct 2011, 05:34

It wasn't me who gave you the negative.

I'm coming from a position that awards, particularly in this field, aren't fair anyway. Thought that was a given.

I've no idea whether he's the best actor of the year because I haven't seen his or many other actors' performances. What I have said is that I'm happy to see him win an award.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey Fri 14 Oct 2011, 11:15

@LouisLane It´s totally ok that you have a different opinion. That spices up the discussion

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Location : Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, Europe, ...

Back to top Go down

Post by dakota007 Fri 14 Oct 2011, 11:21

hey everyone!! i wanted to say that maybe LL doesn't like G anymore so she doesn't think he deserve any award!! but you haven't seen the movie LL so how can judge??
dakota007
dakota007
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey Fri 14 Oct 2011, 11:37

Welcome to the forum Dakota Bond Wink

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Location : Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, Europe, ...

Back to top Go down

Post by dakota007 Fri 14 Oct 2011, 12:16

hhhhh...thanks cute donkey!! Very Happy
dakota007
dakota007
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Fri 14 Oct 2011, 14:37

Welcome on board, dakota. I think you may have something there. From prior posts, I've had the same thought about LL. But that is her perogative. Maybe he'll do something to redeem himself in her eyes.

The powers that be decided that this was George's year to receive this award. How and why they came to this decision doesn't matter. Who would ever think of Jackie Chan as actor of the year, huh?

I for one am happy with any acknowledge of his acting abilities. I saw IOM and while he wasn't the "STAR", I think he did a very creditable job in his part.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by dakota007 Fri 14 Oct 2011, 14:47

thanks patty!! me too, no matter what role is next for him i trust his abilities..till now he never dissapointed me!!
dakota007
dakota007
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Fri 14 Oct 2011, 15:03

Yea, me too. Even Return of the Killer Tomatoes. Didn't expect a lot from him back then, but thought he was hilarious.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Oct 2011, 03:02

sadDonkey wrote:
@LouisLane It´s totally ok that you have a different opinion. That spices up the discussion

Thanks SadDonkey. How come you can be sad if you live everywhere on Earth and maybe in another planet?! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down