George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
From Halewood to Hollywood: Local man turned joking around into an acting job with George Clooney EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
From Halewood to Hollywood: Local man turned joking around into an acting job with George Clooney EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
From Halewood to Hollywood: Local man turned joking around into an acting job with George Clooney EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
From Halewood to Hollywood: Local man turned joking around into an acting job with George Clooney EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
From Halewood to Hollywood: Local man turned joking around into an acting job with George Clooney EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
From Halewood to Hollywood: Local man turned joking around into an acting job with George Clooney EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
From Halewood to Hollywood: Local man turned joking around into an acting job with George Clooney EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
From Halewood to Hollywood: Local man turned joking around into an acting job with George Clooney EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
From Halewood to Hollywood: Local man turned joking around into an acting job with George Clooney EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

From Halewood to Hollywood: Local man turned joking around into an acting job with George Clooney

Go down

From Halewood to Hollywood: Local man turned joking around into an acting job with George Clooney Empty From Halewood to Hollywood: Local man turned joking around into an acting job with George Clooney

Post by benex Mon 20 Jan 2020, 14:29

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[size=53]From Halewood to Hollywood: Local man turned joking around into an acting job with George Clooney[/size]
His performance on TV series Catch 22 was described as 'amazing' by Hollywood star Matt Damon

• COMMENTS

By
Ellen KirwinVideo reporter

• 15:15, 17 JAN 2020

[size]
NEWS[/size]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Enter your postcode for local news and info

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

CLICK TO PLAY

JOSH BOLT WHAT'S IT'S LIKE TO WORK WITH GEORGE CLOONEY
[size]

[/size]
Subscribe
[size]
We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see ourPrivacy Noticefor details of your data protection rights
Working closely with George Clooney, getting compliments from Matt Damon and attending swanky premiers.
This is the life of Josh Bolt, a man from Halewood, who is carving out a career in the acting industry.

It all started when his teacher at Halewood College suggested he attended an open audition at the Playhouse for Much Ado About Nothing, a role he landed on his first try.

READ MORE

[/size]

• Teenager suspected of attacking random dog walkers in street

[size]

Speaking to the ECHO, Josh said: "I was never interested in acting at all, I was always funny and a bit stupid.

Josh Bolt on set of Catch 22 starring George Clooney (Image: Josh Bolt)
"We were just doing drama one day on the curriculum and I started making my classmates and my teacher laugh. So she sent me to an open audition."
From there, Josh was hooked and he quickly made his move from the stage to the silver screen, all at just 13 years old.

READ MORE

[/size]

• 30 under 30: The young people changing the face of Liverpool

[size]

One of his first major screen roles was in Nowhere Boy, a film based on John Lennon’s life starring Aaron Taylor-Johnson.
Aged 17, he was cast in Shameless, followed by Accused, Scott and Bailey and Bendirom.
Josh has also starred in all four seasons of the BBC’s TV series Last Tango in Halifax, which is due to air a fifth season very soon.

Josh Bolt with George Clooney (Image: Josh Bolt)
His recent work however, has taken him to Hollywood, to act alongside George Clooney in TV Mini-Series Catch 22.
George Clooney directed the series as well as starring in it himself. He even brought Josh a personalised bike with his characters name on it."
Speaking about what it’s like to work with George Clooney, Josh said: "He was there all the time, so [my first day] was probably the most nerve wracking day I'd ever had.

READ MORE

[/size]

• Did you know Katarina Johnson-Thompson and Jodie Comer have been best mates since school?

[size]

"But I got there an it was the nicest group of guys I had ever met in my whole life...every single one of them was just amazing...
"But I think that came from Clooney, because when he's giving you a note, there's just no room for macho behaviour.
"Because he's that successful, and done so much with his life, and at a place where he is so content, it was nice to see he is one of the nicest men ever because he has got nothing to prove."

READ MORE

[/size]

• Jodie Comer's Bafta went on a Liverpool pub crawl with her mum and dad

[size]

Josh even had a run in with Matt Damon who complimented his work, Josh said: "At the Catch 22 premier in LA, we went to the after party, me and Graham, one of the other guys, were just stood there and we got tapped on the shoudler...
[/size]
•••
[size]
"Turned around, and there's Matt Damon, and he just said 'that was amazing, you guys were great'.

READ MORE

[/size]

[size=36]Top News Stories[/size]

• [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Killer in jail but police hunt continues
    [url][/url]

Eye watering cost of police convoy
    [url][/url]

Teen stabbed in Fazakerley
    [url][/url]

Discount website selling trainers
    [url][/url]

[size]
"That was a highlight. He approached us and said 'that was amazing' and we were like 'Oh wow, thanks Matt Damon.'"
Audiences can catch Josh in series five of BBC’s The Last Tango in Halifax due to be back on the screen in the coming weeks.[/size]
benex
benex
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down