George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Daily Mail George Clooney is named Hollywood's highest paid actor but not from acting EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Daily Mail George Clooney is named Hollywood's highest paid actor but not from acting EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Daily Mail George Clooney is named Hollywood's highest paid actor but not from acting EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Daily Mail George Clooney is named Hollywood's highest paid actor but not from acting EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Daily Mail George Clooney is named Hollywood's highest paid actor but not from acting EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Daily Mail George Clooney is named Hollywood's highest paid actor but not from acting EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Daily Mail George Clooney is named Hollywood's highest paid actor but not from acting EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Daily Mail George Clooney is named Hollywood's highest paid actor but not from acting EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Daily Mail George Clooney is named Hollywood's highest paid actor but not from acting EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Daily Mail George Clooney is named Hollywood's highest paid actor but not from acting

+4
Donnamarie
it's me
ladybugcngc
annemarie
8 posters

Go down

Daily Mail George Clooney is named Hollywood's highest paid actor but not from acting Empty Daily Mail George Clooney is named Hollywood's highest paid actor but not from acting

Post by annemarie Wed 22 Aug 2018, 16:40

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[size=34]George Clooney is named Hollywood's highest paid actor after earning $239 million in just 12 months (but from his tequila firm not films) - which is more than the top 10 actresses put together[/size]

• Clooney topped Forbes' annual list of pay in June 1, 2017, to same date this year

• Most of his cash was from selling his tequila brand as he appeared in no films

• Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson came in second just like last year with $119 million

• The top 10 actreses, in a list released last week, only made $186 million total

By NIC WHITE FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 10:46 EDT, 22 August 2018 | UPDATED: 11:30 EDT, 22 August 2018

George Clooney is Hollywood's highest-paid actor of 2018 after collecting $239 million in over the past 12 months.
The Oceans 11 star took back top spot on Forbes' annual list from Mark Wahlberg after not even making the top 10 last year.
Most of his giant earnings didn't come from acting paychecks but from the sale of Casamigos Tequila, which he co-founded in 2013, netting him $233 million.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

+4

George Clooney is Hollywood's highest-paid actor of 2018 after collecting $239 million in over the past 12 months

Highest paid actors of 2018 

1. George Glooney $239 million
2. Dwayne Johnson $124 million
3. Robert Downey Jr $81 million
4. Chris Hemsworth $64.5 million
5. Jackie Chan $45.5 million
6. Will Smith $42 million
7. Akshay Kumar $40.5 million
8. Adam Sandler $39.5 million
9. Salam Khan $37.7 million
10. Chris Evans $34 million
Total: $748.5 million 

The 57-year-old didn't appear in any films at all between the June 1, 2017, to the same date this year time frame, but was paid for several Nespresso ads.
Many of the other actors on the list also made much of their money from extracurricular sources, or raked in bulk cash from big-budget film franchises. 
Two-time Oscar winner Clooney's film and television production company Smokehouse also produced Ocean's 8 which was released in June and made $300 million.
The spin-off of Steven Soderbergh's Ocean's blockbusters featured an all-female cast including Sandra Bullock, Cate Blanchett, and Anne Hathaway. 
The top 10 actors tallied $748.5 million between them, far outstripping the $186 made by million the top 10 actresses in Forbes' list released last week. 

+4

Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson was in second for a consecutive year with $124 million

+4

Robert Downey Jr came in third after the success  ($81 million)
Scarlett Johansson knocked La La Land star Emma Stone off the top of that list after taking in $40.5 million in the same time frame.
Clooney fended off former WWE wrestler Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson who was in second for a consecutive year with $124 million.
Johnson's earnings rose to $119 million after starring in Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle and monster movie Rampage, which made more than $400 million.

Jackie Chan remained the highest-paid actor outside the U.S. in fifth, tapping into a massive Chinese market, but his earnings fell to $45 million from $49 million in 2017.
Other international stars in the top 10 include Bollywood star Akshay Kumar and Salman Khan.
Avengers actors Robert Downey Jr ($81 million), Chris Hemsworth ($64.5 million), and Chris Evans ($34 million) all made the list in third, fourth, and tenth respectively.

+4

Scarlett Johansson was the highest-paid actres after taking in $40.5 million in the same time frame
They raked in big salaries and commissions from the superhero franchise after Avengers: Infinity War made more than $2 billion as the biggest film of the year.
The trio have also already shot part two of Infinity War, which comes out next year, and likely collected base salaries for that movie already.
There was also a return to the list for Will Smith who netted $42 million to claim sixth spot, and Adam Sandler was two spots further down with $39.5 million.
Both actors appeared to make little of their earning from theatrical films, relying on other sources such as endorsements and outside ventures.
Sandler starred in animated children's film Hotel Transylvania 3, which grossed $426 million and appeared in two Netflix movies.
Smith only starred in the critically panned but frequently downloaded Netflix fantasy film Bright, but may have had backend earnings from 2016 superhero flick Suicide Squad, which took in $746.8 million.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Daily Mail George Clooney is named Hollywood's highest paid actor but not from acting Empty Re: Daily Mail George Clooney is named Hollywood's highest paid actor but not from acting

Post by ladybugcngc Wed 22 Aug 2018, 17:05

Talented and a great Business Man I love you
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Daily Mail George Clooney is named Hollywood's highest paid actor but not from acting Empty Re: Daily Mail George Clooney is named Hollywood's highest paid actor but not from acting

Post by it's me Wed 22 Aug 2018, 18:11

Sure
But wasn't him in second place?
So why now in first?

Wrong calculations?  scratch
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 22 Aug 2018, 19:23

It’s me, according to the Forbes list George came in second as highest paid ‘celebrity’, but he was the highest paid ‘actor’ of 2017.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Wed 22 Aug 2018, 21:53

I don't think I've understood correctly: he earned all that money in one year?

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Wed 22 Aug 2018, 22:37

I’m not going to sugar coat this .... 1,000,000 Euro’s please..... I’ve been a really really loyal fan for a really really long time now.... Sometimes that’s been a struggle, a hard load to carry but I have done it joyfully... I’ve even got a Nespresso machine and I’m only an occasional coffee drinker..... but rest assured the money will be wisely  spent.....

BTW... this will be gross... I’ll look after the net liability.....Thanking you in anticipation XXX

BBTW... That is indeed a very handsome picture of you in the DM.... one of the best... though it is hard, very hard to pick the best with such a rich tapestry of handsomeness to choose from....XXX
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 22 Aug 2018, 22:54

What Would He Say wrote:I’m not going to sugar coat this .... 1,000,000 Euro’s please..... I’ve been a really really loyal fan for a really really long time now.... Sometimes that’s been a struggle, a hard load to carry but I have done it joyfully... I’ve even got a Nespresso machine and I’m only an occasional coffee drinker..... but rest assured the money will be wisely  spent.....

Super Exact
cheers
I deserve that also!!!  geek
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 22 Aug 2018, 23:08

Yes, Doug Ross, that's right.

Because Casamigos was sold to Diageo for almost a billion -

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Thu 23 Aug 2018, 00:02

Acting with a strategic business plan proves to work very well.   Smile
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Thu 23 Aug 2018, 00:41

party animal - not! wrote:Yes, Doug Ross, that's right.

Because Casamigos was sold to Diageo for almost a billion -

My god, I don't even know how much those money are.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 23 Aug 2018, 14:14

Rande made half a million as well George didn't get the whole billion.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 23 Aug 2018, 16:14

Doug Ross - The three partners split the billion three ways. Still, a LOT of money for a business started by accident.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 26 Aug 2018, 12:17

it's me wrote:
What Would He Say wrote:I’m not going to sugar coat this .... 1,000,000 Euro’s please..... I’ve been a really really loyal fan for a really really long time now.... Sometimes that’s been a struggle, a hard load to carry but I have done it joyfully... I’ve even got a Nespresso machine and I’m only an occasional coffee drinker..... but rest assured the money will be wisely  spent.....

Super Exact
cheers
I deserve that also!!!  geek

@IM... I would go 50/50 with you .... but truth to tell I’ve heard zippo, not a dickie, not a whisper...I kind of hoped for a PM from a PR person asking for my IBAN and BIC ... not a word....

I can only conclude that he has been throwing money around like snuff at a wake, and might be down to his last million.... Let’s keep our fingers crossed that soon he will be financially embarrassed enough to do one of those “ Win a date with Clooney” fundraisers..... To Starbucks and I’ll pay for the mocha’s....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 26 Aug 2018, 14:41

Very Happy win a date!  great idea
Razz

Where do I need to sign ?  Cool
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Sun 26 Aug 2018, 19:39

Win a Date...? I'm in!!!  bounce
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down