George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Westward Ho! couple meet George and Amal Clooney  EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Westward Ho! couple meet George and Amal Clooney  EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Westward Ho! couple meet George and Amal Clooney  EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Westward Ho! couple meet George and Amal Clooney  EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Westward Ho! couple meet George and Amal Clooney  EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Westward Ho! couple meet George and Amal Clooney  EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Westward Ho! couple meet George and Amal Clooney  EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Westward Ho! couple meet George and Amal Clooney  EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Westward Ho! couple meet George and Amal Clooney  EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Westward Ho! couple meet George and Amal Clooney

4 posters

Go down

Westward Ho! couple meet George and Amal Clooney  Empty Westward Ho! couple meet George and Amal Clooney

Post by benex Sat 13 Apr 2019, 11:06

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Westward Ho! couple meet George and Amal Clooney
Rosemary Taylor, Amal and George Clooney and George Taylor. Picture: Chris Watt Photography Sarah Howells [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Read more from Sarah Howells
April 12, 2019
Updated: Friday, April 12, 2019 (14:06)
A Westward Ho! couple who got to rub shoulders with George and Amal Clooney at a special charity event said it was a humbling and unreal experience.
George Taylor, from Westward Ho!, who scooped £30,000 with his postcode in January last year, was an invited guest at People’s Postcode Lottery’s annual Charity Gala in Edinburgh’s McEwan Hall last month.
Mr Taylor, 75, and his wife Rosemary were part of a small group of winners who got the rare opportunity to attend a VIP reception with the famous couple. They chatted and had their photographs taken.
The event, which was attended by George and his wife Amal Clooney, was a celebration of the vitally important work done by all the charities, which are supported by players of the lottery.
Mr Taylor said: “As soon as I met Mr Clooney he said, ‘two George’s together!’
“I didn’t go weak at the knees, but it was a privilege to meet him and Amal.
“George was so easy to get along with and when you meet him you understand how handsome and charismatic the guy is.”
The trip to the Charity Gala in Scotland was a welcomed break for Mr Taylor who is in remission from prostate cancer.
He was diagnosed with the disease in the months after his lottery win, which he spent on a new heating system for his home on the coast.
He added: “I’m trying to live as normal a life as I can. The trip to Edinburgh was something both my wife and I will always remember and we really felt part of the event.”
On the night, the Clooneys also received a cheque for £1million raised by players of People’s Postcode Lottery.
The money will help fund TrialWatch - a project run by the Clooney Foundation for Justice.
The Foundation now plans to increase its monitoring of trials in countries where human rights are at risk.
Clara Govier, Managing Director of People’s Postcode Lottery said: “I’m glad George and Rosemary had a great night.
“The event provided a powerful demonstration of how players are changing lives for the better here in Britain and around the world.”

benex
benex
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Westward Ho! couple meet George and Amal Clooney  Empty Re: Westward Ho! couple meet George and Amal Clooney

Post by benex Sat 13 Apr 2019, 18:52

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
benex
benex
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Westward Ho! couple meet George and Amal Clooney  Empty Re: Westward Ho! couple meet George and Amal Clooney

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 14 Apr 2019, 01:30

A Rosemary and a George. It was destined.

But Rosemary looks a bit left out. Amal should have done a better job of including her, instead of letting her look tacked-on.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 14 Apr 2019, 07:59

Yes
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 15 Apr 2019, 13:17

Do you get the feeling Amal's holding George (Clooney) up in that picture?  He's looking a little hunched over there - back pain again maybe?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 15 Apr 2019, 21:17

Well, I wasn't going to say anything, but her left arm looks tense and sharply angled, more of a pose or positioning than a spontaneous gentle touch. So, maybe so. George could also just be in the awkward position of looking chummy with Other George while also being obligated to photograph "loved up" with the wife.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 15 Apr 2019, 22:01

Rolling eyes
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down