George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Daily Star extremely speculative piece on Clooney house, babies etc November 17 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Daily Star extremely speculative piece on Clooney house, babies etc November 17 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Daily Star extremely speculative piece on Clooney house, babies etc November 17 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Daily Star extremely speculative piece on Clooney house, babies etc November 17 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Daily Star extremely speculative piece on Clooney house, babies etc November 17 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Daily Star extremely speculative piece on Clooney house, babies etc November 17 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Daily Star extremely speculative piece on Clooney house, babies etc November 17 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Daily Star extremely speculative piece on Clooney house, babies etc November 17 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Daily Star extremely speculative piece on Clooney house, babies etc November 17 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Daily Star extremely speculative piece on Clooney house, babies etc November 17

+7
LornaDoone
PigPen
NotAvailable
annemarie
Donnamarie
carolhathaway
party animal - not!
11 posters

Go down

Daily Star extremely speculative piece on Clooney house, babies etc November 17 Empty Daily Star extremely speculative piece on Clooney house, babies etc November 17

Post by party animal - not! Tue 17 Nov 2015, 16:36

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I think this is a wpb piece, because I'm fairly sure that they've mixed up a few facts. The playhouse is actually a summerhouse, they will live near the location of the book 'Three Men in a Boat' by Jerome K Jerome, not necessarily 'The Wind in the Willows' etc etc etc

So obviously the Star journos think 2 + 2 probably makes 5........

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Daily Star extremely speculative piece on Clooney house, babies etc November 17 Empty Re: Daily Star extremely speculative piece on Clooney house, babies etc November 17

Post by carolhathaway Tue 17 Nov 2015, 16:47

I've read these rumors on several websites as well. Things like 'matching baby wings on both their properties in LA and Sonning'. And in these articles they always mixed old and new rumors plus speculations by 'a source' or 'a close source' without naming a specific person. 
Time will tell...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Daily Star extremely speculative piece on Clooney house, babies etc November 17 Empty Re: Daily Star extremely speculative piece on Clooney house, babies etc November 17

Post by Donnamarie Tue 17 Nov 2015, 21:34

If George and Amal had bought baby furniture in LA it would have been all over the Internet.  

There are a slew of baby stories out there right now.  But all the sources seem to be second rate media sites picking them up.  I cringed when some stories claimed that George and Amal were building a nursery "wing" in their new home.  An actual wing??

The Wind in he Willows reference was a bit over the top too.

Last edited by Donnamarie on Tue 17 Nov 2015, 22:03; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling. My apologies to Amal :/)
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 17 Nov 2015, 22:04

I don't think any one but George and Amal know if they want kids and they aren't telling anyone especially the press.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Wed 18 Nov 2015, 11:49

Well, somebody has to spend SOME time with the kids, and seeing how busy life can get at times, that would be pretty bad. Think at least wait until most of the big DOING plans are past. At least for him.

She can't decide when to handle an emergency case  as most of them may be. So, that lets her out of the Mommies part in stuff, when busy, so guess who has to be both, whenever that happens? Prolly Granny.

Daddy would prolly be busy too. can't take babies on set as their crying can't be controlled. Babies know what about life at that point? Nope. Crying is the ONLY way they know how to say it, when nobody remembers it. Not that anybody on set would leave one alone that long tho. especially his. Prolly draw a crowd that would put her and him to shame... lol FAMOUS baby coos and the crowd goes into oooohhhsss and aaaaahhhhhssss...

Unless Granny goes on a strike and says, WHO? You thought you had a friendly babysitter, huh?

JK she would prolly have a heart attack when they mention they were preggers... just from excitement!  Bet you couldn't keep her out of the baby shops...
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 19 Nov 2015, 17:42

Not Available... who is Granny and who is JK????

Thank you    Very Happy Very Happy

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Fri 20 Nov 2015, 16:40

Who else would SHE entrust with that job? hm? The one who would start thinking that it was her baby, after a while.... geeee, you know how grannies are.

load up on baby supplies LONG before it arrives... oh, just because... but see? I know you're kidding...

oh the IRON is hot........ Rolling Eyes

Can you see him when hes out on that fishing wharf of that hut on the river, and a tap on his shoulder kind of bonily pierces his thoughts...

"George!!! Its your turn!!!"
"To what?" he asks kind of warily, looking up at his pouting wife as she thoughtfully twirls a long leather leash in her fingers.
"To change the brownie diaper!!!"
Regretfully, he rewinds his rod, replaces it in the wooden box where other rods lean against the wall and quietly heads back toward the house. But before he has stepped two feet, his wife runs up behind him and grabs his hand...

"The public, the public, George! We must always hold hands  you know. It looks good..."

He nodded, looking back at the fishing shack wistfully, and takes her hand...

[size=16] fart   pityviolin tumbleweed whoosh Writer\'s block Computer says no Blah blah blah Zzzzz   [/size]
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 26 Nov 2015, 02:49

Well given that George only has one mother and Amal has one mother Granny would have to be either Nina or Amal's mother can't think of her name right now.

JK no clue.

NotAvailable seems to be in her/his own world and probably won't clarify.  Can't make heads or tales of the posts so just throwing in my two cents.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 26 Nov 2015, 02:53

Amals mother is Baria.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by SideEyeSally Thu 26 Nov 2015, 13:25

JK = just kidding

SideEyeSally
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 01 Dec 2015, 08:39

Well, this thread got weird pretty fast . . .

The tabloids love three stories: couple falls in love; couple has babies; couple splits up. They recyble these three stories over and over again knowing full well that eventually one of the stories will be correct. That's my stopped clock theory of tabloid journalism.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Tue 01 Dec 2015, 08:54

Katie,
I get the same impression. Wheras I'm not sure if you can still call it 'journalism'. About Amal you could add the stories that she hates George's friends, that she hates Hollywood, that she's jealous about Cindy, Sandra, Julia and every of George's female costar and friend etc. But these stories lead to a new story that they are heading for divorce.
So let's wait for the next story about them...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 01 Dec 2015, 18:22

Oh yeah, that's the misogynistic side of tabloids: Angelina Jolie apparently hates everyone, as does every female co-star working with another actress. The sad thing is that it's mostly women buying these tablloid magazines so we obviously get off on these stories.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 01 Dec 2015, 18:50

Checkout counter tabloids really suck!  They're the worst.  I wish women would wise up and not pander to this trash.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Tue 01 Dec 2015, 22:30

I don't know how many people (mostly women) buy those checkout counter tabloids (nice term, I'd never heard it before). I think it's much more interesting how news spread on the internet. That's really weird to me. When I google George's name (yes, I'm coming out, I'm doing this sometimes) there's a story like now the one where Brad talks about him and George fighting over the same stories, and then during the next few days it spreads all over the world, in every language. Not that I can actually read it all but I usually get a good impression when I read the headline. And then it's over. This happens as much on good things like George's visit to Edinburgh as also on rumors like babies, divorce etc. And then the rumors are embellished by a certain tabloid and start again. And that's just so much faster than the printed medias...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 01 Dec 2015, 22:59

Yes
Fast
and also

uncontrolled 
It seems...

Bouncing old for news
Oh so Many times !
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 02 Dec 2015, 02:45

carolhathaway, I google George.  Actually not as much as I used  to because I get most of my George news here.  And on a very timely basis.  Thanks in large part to PAN and Nicky.   But a few times a week I will google George just to see what stories are trending.  

Multiple media sites tend to pick up the same story from one source.  Whether the story is accurate or not.  True or not.   So the story spreads like wildfire.  So the Internet can be more insinuating and in some cases more harmful than trashy checkout tabloids.

One more storyline to add to the Clooneys' gossip mongers go-to list are the gay rumors. Those rumors about George have been out there for years. It's only a matter of time before Amal leaves George over love triangle.  Evil or Very Mad
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Wed 02 Dec 2015, 06:43

Donna,
yes, I'm sure about that. And it's either an Italian ballet dancer, Waldo or Rande... Rolling Eyes
We talked about those tabloids here quite a few times and how they influence our opinions about people. I just think that we don't know all of these people at all, and of course everybody created a certain image of himself. They are celebrities, they sell themselves (well, in a way), so of course they try to tell you what they are. I'm sure that George isn't just the easygoing guy who hangs out with his friends, enjoys life and works occasionally. I think that he's quite a complex character who works and thinks a lot. But once you got a certain image it's not easy to change it. Angelina Jolie has managed to do so but it took her quite some time...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 02 Dec 2015, 10:41

I think George's image is fine compared to say Charlie sheen or Shia Lebouf , he has always presented himself as normal guy. Admitting his faults and trying to use his name and position for good. 

When he was dating his ex's had enough in their pasts to keep the tabloids busy. Amal isn't like that they can't find anything on her so they have to say they aren't happy. The lies sell and as you have said women buy it I don't know why but they do. As for George the worst thing they can come up with is he is gay why I have no idea a man can't divorce and have a tight group of male friends I suppose. He also can't be single for years and decide to marry.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 02 Dec 2015, 10:58

Some of this stuff is obviously simply to up the sales and the advertising investment - and it's amazing what people will read if the heading's big and lurid enough!

And honestly, this guy has turned his life and world upside down for his wife. How lovely is that?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Wed 02 Dec 2015, 11:04

Annemarie,
I totally agree. George didn't do bad failures (at least I don't remember any), he sometimes got drunk, dated women with a questionable past, but that's quite normal. He never said he's a saint and never behaved like one.

I can't imagine to be watched all the time. I mean, he can't even pick his nose without being trapped so I guess there's a lot of pressure on him and everybody else who's a celebrity of that status. People recognize him everywhere (I guess), so he has to be aware to always behave properly. If you remember there was a photo from last fall where he sat somewhere (in Britain I guess) with a cup of coffee, wears a hat and has a beard, and he's still photographed.

That's part of the deal, and he's a pro and knows it but really needs people around him who cover and protect him. And that's what makes his friends and family so valuable: They don't talk. They don't try to benefit. I'm sure they have a bunch of stories to tell and have lots of pictures of George to show and to sell, but they don't do it.
If you think about young celebrities like Justin Bieber or Britney Spears who don't behave properly, can you really blame them? Especially when they don't have good friends or trust the wrong ones. Or when their parents are fighting and just see their own profit and fame for being 'Father / Mother of...'. They are hyped at a very young age, are treated as grown-ups, and when they make mistakes they are critizised heavily. They are called ideals and models and never asked for it. And they have to deal with that. I remember I once read an interview with Drew Barrymore who said that she went to Hollywood parties and was offered alcohol and drugs when she was only twelve!

Of course this isn't an excuse for every bad behaviour but sometimes it's understandable, I think...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Wed 02 Dec 2015, 11:06

party animal - not! wrote:And honestly, this guy has turned his life and world upside down for his wife. How lovely is that?

That's something I really love!
If he just wanted to change his image he could have done it much more easily. So I guess it's really love. As I wrote before: Isn't that something we all dream of?
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 02 Dec 2015, 11:44

carolhathaway wrote:

I think that he's quite a complex character who works and thinks a lot.

I agree
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 02 Dec 2015, 15:22

party animal - not! wrote:

And honestly, this guy has turned his life and world upside down for his wife. How lovely is that?
Sorry, PAN, but I guess I'm just not a romantic. I've always felt that a relationship was a two-way street and would never want any man to "turn his life and world upside down" for me. Think of the awesome responsibility and pressure you would feel to make it worth his while - unless of course you're a total narcissist and think you totally deserve it.

I don't think George has changed his life for Amal as much as it may appear. I think a lot of the changes he's making are things he would have done even if he hadn't married her. He's getting older and moving into a new phase of his career - much more behind the scenes and, of course, his charity work. He's not building a career any more, he's crafting his legacy.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 02 Dec 2015, 15:28

I think George has matured he is now at the age where he is ready to make a marriage work. Marriage takes compromise and I think he realizes that. I also think they love each other and are wiling to do what it takes to make their relationship work. 

I don't think his life has been turned up side down he has had live in relationships the difference is he is building a life with Amal. George said himself he has found a partner in life and I think that makes his life much easier.

Amal has had to change her life for him, to go from having a private life to being stalked and having everything about you picked a part must be hard and annoying for her. Not to mention the ridiculous lies that are told about them that can't be easy.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Wed 02 Dec 2015, 16:26

So they both have changed their lifes for each other: Amal gave up her privacy, and George moved to Britain. These are quite heavy changes; they also both gave up their single life like everybody who's in a relationship. 

But Lizzy, I think that George did turn his life upside down: He moved to Britain although Smokehouse and Casamigos are in California. So the management needs to be changed, depending on how much he's involved in that. But his teamwork with Grant on writing and producing is much more complicated than before, I guess. And his bike rides with the boys on Sundays aren't possible like before. So I think he gave up quite some habits and that for me means that he changed his life for Amal.

Of course this puts a lot of pressure on Amal. But on the other hand there's a lot of pressure for George as well: No matter if their marriage will stand the test of time, Amal will always be 'the woman for whom George gave up his status as the eternal bachelor'. And if you look on articles on Stacy, Elisabetta or even girlfriends he had had before they are always mentioned as 'George Clooney's ex'. This might be an advantage for them because they are in showbusiness, but I doubt it's an advantage for Amal in her business. And since there's such a hype about her I think she gave up her privacy for the rest of her life as well. 

So it's not just pressure on Amal because George changed his life for her but also vice versa.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 02 Dec 2015, 18:00

Carolhathaway, George hasn't moved to England - at least not yet. He simply bought another house. How much time he spends there in the future will depend, I'm sure, on the amount of time he continues to invest in being a public figure. If he keeps working as hard as he does now, he won't be spending much more time there than he does anywhere else - which isn't much. He's always on the move.

My other point was that I would never want a man to change his whole life for me. I think to expect that is shallow and selfish. I also think it can lead to trouble. Life isn't a fairytale and happily ever after only comes with mutual respect and a lot of work on both sides.
(PS - I'd feel a lot sorrier for Amal's loss of privacy if A. she didn't seem so comfortable with it and B. she gave it up to marry George!!!!! Not a bad trade-off, IMO.)
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Wed 02 Dec 2015, 18:52

LizzyNY wrote:Carolhathaway, George hasn't moved to England - at least not yet. He simply bought another house. How much time he spends there in the future will depend, I'm sure, on the amount of time he continues to invest in being a public figure. If he keeps working as hard as he does now, he won't be spending much more time there than he does anywhere else - which isn't much. He's always on the move.

My other point was that I would never want a man to change his whole life for me. I think to expect that is shallow and selfish. I also think it can lead to trouble. Life isn't a fairytale and happily ever after only comes with mutual respect and a lot of work on both sides.
(PS - I'd feel a lot sorrier for Amal's loss of privacy if A. she didn't seem so comfortable with it and B. she gave it up to marry George!!!!! Not a bad trade-off, IMO.)
Lizzy,
I was referring to an interview with Rande Gerber where he said: "Since George lives in England now he wants Casamigos to be available there" (or words to that effect). Of course we will see how much time he will spend there in the future, but we don't know where he is all the time. I mean, we don't really know where he actually is at the moment.

Of course it's not easy for their relationship that George changed his life. But
a) I guess that if George wouldn't have wanted to change his life he wouldn't have done it. I mean, he had never done it before for a woman.
b) Yes, Amal seems to enjoy the attention. For me it would be a nightmare to be in the public eye so if she would be like me I guess she hadn't agreed to marry him. 
c) George IS a big trade-off for the loss of privacy, we totally agree on that!
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 02 Dec 2015, 19:03

George and Amal have both made sacrifices going into marriage.  Almost every married couple does.   I am a romantic and from the words I hear and the body language that George displays I do think his life has been "turned upside down" because of Amal.  I think beyond love he is quite in awe of her in ways that he has never shown before.  At least that I can see from his past relationships.

I don't think any of us feel sorry for Amal. And though she appears quite comfortable when out in public that certainly doesn't mean that she enjoys the invasion of her privacy at every turn.  She puts her best foot forward so to speak and deals with it.  I would if I were in her position.  I wouldn't let on that it gets to me.  

Their married life in London is still new. Time will tell how much time they spend there and on the west coast.
So much will depend on his work.  Probably more so than hers since Amal can pretty much work from home frequently.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 02 Dec 2015, 19:39

Mm, well, I still think for a man who is a creature of habit, to want to decide to buy a home in (not very warm) London - and he's quoted as saying they'll split their time between London and LA - for the sake of his wife's career is quite something actually. He certainly didn't do that for Balitran, Snowden, or Canalis

And for what it's worth, I would second-guess they're in, and busy appointing and accommodating staff, sorting offices and cottages for them, etc etc. And continuing with their own careers.........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 02 Dec 2015, 20:11

I think her comfort level has to do with her work she knows how to handle herself in public situations. I don't think that means the lies aren't  annoying. She has feelings and I'm sure having her friends and family read the crap is no fun.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down