George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George gives Amal a sushi restaurant in London for Anniversary? EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George gives Amal a sushi restaurant in London for Anniversary? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George gives Amal a sushi restaurant in London for Anniversary? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George gives Amal a sushi restaurant in London for Anniversary? EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George gives Amal a sushi restaurant in London for Anniversary? EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George gives Amal a sushi restaurant in London for Anniversary? EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George gives Amal a sushi restaurant in London for Anniversary? EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George gives Amal a sushi restaurant in London for Anniversary? EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George gives Amal a sushi restaurant in London for Anniversary? EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George gives Amal a sushi restaurant in London for Anniversary?

+7
Donnamarie
it's me
annemarie
Nicky80
amaretti
melbert
party animal - not!
11 posters

Go down

George gives Amal a sushi restaurant in London for Anniversary? Empty George gives Amal a sushi restaurant in London for Anniversary?

Post by party animal - not! Sat 10 Oct 2015, 14:57

Well, if this isn't true, you have to give them an award for inventiveness........

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George gives Amal a sushi restaurant in London for Anniversary? Empty Re: George gives Amal a sushi restaurant in London for Anniversary?

Post by melbert Sat 10 Oct 2015, 15:59

Maybe she'll start eating?

George Clooney ships his wife Amal's favourite restaurant to the UK for their first wedding anniversary

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

George Clooney and Amal Clooney
George Clooney and his wife Amal seen out in Manhattan around the time of their first wedding anniversary

Most newlyweds celebrate their first anniversary with a meal out and a card, but when you’re an A-list movie star like George Clooney you have to pull out all the stops to impress on the big day. So forget a simple dinner out – the actor decided to buy his wife Amal a whole restaurant to spoil her on the special day!

An insider reveals: ‘Amal loves the Asanebo sushi restaurant near their LA home. She always complains there’s nowhere as good in London, so since last year George has been in talks with the head chef and owner Tetsuya Nakao about opening a London branch. He wants to make sure Amal can always have access to their favourite dishes when she’s at home in London.

‘As well as paying £300,000 for rent and equipment, George will promote the restaurant. He knows
it’s a good deal for Tetsuya, who’s a good friend of his. They also think it’ll be really successful in terms of business.
‘It’ll serve all of Amal’s favourite dishes, of course. These include the halibut sashimi with truffles, brussels sprouts salad with seared scallop, hamachi with seaweed and cod lettuce wrap. George has insisted that
they always have the very best fresh fish too.’

The couple, who got married in September 2014 in Venice, celebrated 12 months of wedded bliss last week with dinner at the LA restaurant, where George revealed the extravagant gift. Another great thing about
his present is that it keeps to the tradition of giving your partner paper for your first anniversary. The source explains: ‘George presented Amal with the documents for the London restaurant. The gift is unorthodox, but it’s perfect for Amal. She loves it.’

Read more at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

George gives Amal a sushi restaurant in London for Anniversary? Empty Re: George gives Amal a sushi restaurant in London for Anniversary?

Post by amaretti Sat 10 Oct 2015, 17:19

Nice gift . Very Happy:hug1:

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 10 Oct 2015, 17:26

I don't believe this is a present. This is not really a personal present for an anniversary. This is a Business deal to make Money.

Maybe George really does a Business deal with the LA owner and the press is using the Name of Amal. Or the LA Restaurant wants to open a Restaurant in London and they use the Name of George and Amal for publicity.   I mean they mentioned her "favourite dish"...it is obvious that this is for Publicity for themselves.

Maybe George had a conversation once with the owner but maybe it was just a "talk" and now the LA owner goes to the media to put presure on george to do a deal with him...Who knows.
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 10 Oct 2015, 17:42

Not so much a gift as a business deal if this is even true.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 10 Oct 2015, 17:58

strange gift
yes

Londoners sushi restaurants kindly say thanks
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 10 Oct 2015, 18:16

I'm sure there are many wonderful sushi restaurants in London. The famous Nobu has one of their restaurants in London too. George has been there many times. Sounds like an invented story to me. Don't think George feels so privileged that he has to have his fave restaurant in LA also in London.

Although Nicky your scenario could be true if Asanebo is looking to expand overseas.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Sat 10 Oct 2015, 19:40

Isn't it more George's favorite restaurant? In any event, he went there with a long parade of girlfriends.  I think this is BS.  Why would he give a gift that takes up more of her time?  And his if he is going to promote it.  If this is truly a business venture for George, I wish he would spend more time on making films.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 10 Oct 2015, 21:09

I'm guessing this is a gift for himself and a business venture at the same time. He said just last week that he could eat at his neighborhood sushi restaurant (which happens to be Asenebo) four times a week because he's a creature of habit. (Amal was the one who nixed having dinner there for their anniversary, so I doubt it's her favorite restaurant - maybe her favorite LA sushi place.) Maybe he wants to bring a little bit of home to England, and make some money at the same time.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 11 Oct 2015, 18:37

If true makes sense.  Why not get into business with his fave restaurant to make sure it's available when he's in England. 

And his promoting it would be good for both his and the owner's bank accounts I'm sure.  Best to diversify since his films aren't bringing in the bucks and he's not getting any younger.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 12 Oct 2015, 18:22

If true, then its a better venture
than the Las Vegas one...IMO anyway.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Mon 12 Oct 2015, 18:26

Sushi.  She must be thrilled !  Great idea . Very Happy

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down