George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George and Amal at Villa D'Este  - Page 2 EmptyToday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
George and Amal at Villa D'Este  - Page 2 EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George and Amal at Villa D'Este  - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George and Amal at Villa D'Este  - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George and Amal at Villa D'Este  - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George and Amal at Villa D'Este  - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George and Amal at Villa D'Este  - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George and Amal at Villa D'Este  - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George and Amal at Villa D'Este  - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George and Amal at Villa D'Este

+22
LizzyNY
ldg
premiere
What Would He Say
it's me
amaretti
hm21
oldweston
catwoman
Joanna
PigPen
Sevens
LornaDoone
fava
Alisonfan
SideEyeSally
annemarie
kat19
melbert
Way2Old4Dis
Donnamarie
party animal - not!
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

George and Amal at Villa D'Este  - Page 2 Empty Re: George and Amal at Villa D'Este

Post by annemarie Wed 12 Aug 2015, 04:25

I have no idea why some seem to think George is not capable of of falling in love and being affectionate.

For me it is simple they love each other and were enjoying dinner and each others company. They were showing affection nothing overly gratuitous just being close.   There is simply a deeper level of intimacy shown with his wife than with his former girlfriends.  

This is the first time we have gotten to see George in love and showing it. For some it's a problem  to me he is a man who found love late in life and is enjoying it nothing complicated or sinister about it. He found the woman that his dad predicted years a go would come .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

George and Amal at Villa D'Este  - Page 2 Empty Re: George and Amal at Villa D'Este

Post by melbert Wed 12 Aug 2015, 11:47

floggingadeadhorse
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 12 Aug 2015, 12:42

melbert wrote:floggingadeadhorse

Yes. I agree.

............ until next time
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 12 Aug 2015, 13:12

And we know there will be a next time.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Wed 12 Aug 2015, 17:17

It's the Jesus Horse. Dies for maybe three days, then he's up and around again.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 12 Aug 2015, 17:26

Way2Old4Dis wrote:It's the Jesus Horse. Dies for maybe three days, then he's up and around again.

Hallelujah and Amen!

lol! lol! lol!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 12 Aug 2015, 18:43

Way2Old4Dis wrote:It's the Jesus Horse. Dies for maybe three days, then he's up and around again

So true can't keep it down.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 12 Aug 2015, 18:48

Way2Old4Dis wrote:It's the Jesus Horse. Dies for maybe three days, then he's up and around again.
LOL! Can't tell you where my mind went! Shame on me!!! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Wed 12 Aug 2015, 19:13

D-Marie, in answer to your question from yesterday:

I don't think George and/or Amal act out of desperation. What I said was that, to me, it looks desperate. For them, it may be business as usual.

If Amal is being given or loaned clothing by the highest-end designers, they probably come with the stipulation that she gets photographed in them, in a certain range of venues. Sometimes the 'candid' photographer is arranged. And sometimes the arrangement goes so far as to dictate the setting and even the pose. This is not an uncommon practice in Hollywood. I don't think it's outlandish to think that any particular photograph of Amal, with or without George, isn't for business purposes, to satisfy a contract or agreement. Unless you can say with certainty that she is above all that. I don't think she is.

Again, George is apparently gaga. These pics are probably a genuine show of affection. But that does not rule out the possibility that they were pre-arranged.

That's my kick to the Jesus Horse. I'm done until he moves that boulder again.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 12 Aug 2015, 19:45

Really Way2?  I thought that fricking horse was down and out. You said three days! I'm not going down this road. Not yet. Not til he rises in the east.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 12 Aug 2015, 19:52

George did say that a designer will send her a dress to wear but she pays for a lot of her own clothes. So there we have it from the horses mouth pun intended lol.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Wed 12 Aug 2015, 22:25

Way2Old4Dis wrote:D-Marie, in answer to your question from yesterday:

I don't think George and/or Amal act out of desperation. What I said was that, to me, it looks desperate. For them, it may be business as usual.

If Amal is being given or loaned clothing by the highest-end designers, they probably come with the stipulation that she gets photographed in them, in a certain range of venues. Sometimes the 'candid' photographer is arranged. And sometimes the arrangement goes so far as to dictate the setting and even the pose. This is not an uncommon practice in Hollywood. I don't think it's outlandish to think that any particular photograph of Amal, with or without George, isn't for business purposes, to satisfy a contract or agreement. Unless you can say with certainty that she is above all that. I don't think she is.

Again, George is apparently gaga. These pics are probably a genuine show of affection. But that does not rule out the possibility that they were pre-arranged.

That's my kick to the Jesus Horse. I'm done until he moves that boulder again.
Agreed. Except I don't  like the Jesus allegory.

And George Clooney is a brand name. He is a moviestar, does a lot of commercials and is a walking add for his own tequila company. He needs to do a certain amount of PR for his" GC brand". I am sure that both George and other celebs uses the paps for staged photo ops from time to time.
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 12 Aug 2015, 23:06

Silje - Celebs use the media all the time to promote themselves or a project or a cause. It's their publicist's job to alert the media where and when the celeb will be available for coverage.

It's one of the media's favorite complaints that the celebs only want attention when they have something to promote (which is, after all, their JOB!) but insist on maintaining an actual private life which the media is not invited to invade. How dare they think they have the same right to privacy as everyone else? What a Face
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 12 Aug 2015, 23:52

Couple of points

First of all, I don't think Amal needs to push/do a deal with any designer........they're falling over themselves to get to her.....and more importantly this dress, altered, is from a collection that is two years old..

Secondly I note from the terrace pix that screens (and very elegant ones) were put around them during dinner (His Nibs in shirt sleeves) and it's only when they're leaving and get the car that we see them in very clear-ish view - and I can tell you it's a big round space which would be a challenge to photo - but not impossible. 

It's only at that moment that the pap comes out of hiding to get the clearer last shots......that's when they know I think...

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 13 Aug 2015, 00:09

Pan your right George said that sometimes designers will will give her a dress because they want their name out there on her. He also said she is grown and pays for a lot of her stuff. I didn't know that outfit was two years old so she chose an older piece to wear.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 14 Aug 2015, 02:55

She's a wealthy woman, both with her own money and her husband's, who enjoys fashion.  Why are we expecting her to shop at Target?  Good grief.  Everyone here knows George doesn't pay for his Armani clothes and Omega watches, right? Designers want their products in front of as many eyes as possible, Amal likes to wear designer clothes, seems like a win-win for everyone involved. 

These photos seem like they were taken from a tree a mile away.  When George is selling a photo op, the pictures are MUCH clearer.  And honestly, I feel like we've gone weeks at a time without seeing either of them since the Tomorrowland tour, so if they're playing a "Look at us!" publicity game, they're terrible at it.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 14 Aug 2015, 20:12

Yep, yep,yep and yep, Missa

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 14 Aug 2015, 22:02

I'll add my yep too Missa!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 14 Aug 2015, 23:33

True missa

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Fri 14 Aug 2015, 23:35

Me three . Yep . He he heeeee. Very Happy

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 16 Aug 2015, 14:27

Just a quick comment re paps' pix I meant to make earlier, which confirms Missa's post.

The pix you see clearly of them leaving in the car are as they're coming out of the gates of the long drive and gardens of the hotel, so without a doubt the pap was quite some distance away in a tree somewhere. Must have been another one who maybe was a 'friend' of a 'friend' booked in to the hotel to explain the others.............

Hello, Nicky! How are you?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 16 Aug 2015, 17:08

Thanks PAN, doing great. Was on holidays. Posted in the chit chat thread Very Happy

I moved some posts to a different thread

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 17 Aug 2015, 07:26

Wait a minute.  Wait just a cotton picking minute!!!

What's WRONG with shopping at Target?  "I" shop at Target. What, she's too good to shop at Target?

Well boo hoo. Maybe Target will now come out with a endorsement deal and she won't be able to turn down the ginormous amount of money they're willing to pay her and then she'll have to shop at Target like the rest of us!

No wait! She'll have her own LINE at Target and then WE'LL be able to buy knock off versions of the designer stuff she wears and she'll become a BILLIONAIRE on her own and leave George cause he's only worth probably now LESS than $100 million since she's been spending so much of his money on houses, renovations, clothes, shoes, private jets, travel, hotels, etc. etc. etc.

Hey if Jessica Alba can bring out a brand now worth over a billion dollars then this smart lawyer can probably find some mega corporation to help her set up her own line!!!

A year from now we ALL might be clamoring to buy that Amal purse or those Amal shoes or that Amal perfume!

Hot diggity doggy!

Yes, I've lost my mind.  Blame it on the freakin heat here in HELL A!

Or it could happen.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 17 Aug 2015, 11:35

Lol LornaDoone, I think you need a cold drink and lots  air conditioning.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 17 Aug 2015, 13:19

lol! Lorna, love, chill out! Take a cold shower (a quick one - I know you're rationing water Sad) find an air-conditioned spot and kick back with a COLD drink or two. Maybe you'll feel better.

I'm sure Amal gets a lot of the stuff she wears for free - especially the clothes she parades in front of the cameras. That's probably the condition for her getting them in the first place. I hope she pays for the rest of them herself.

I wouldn't want anyone else to hold the purse strings for me. That gives them way too much power over what I can and can't do - especially if I have money of my own that I worked for. If I want something and can pay for it out of my own money, why shouldn't I get it? And why should I have to get it approved by someone else? (Obviously not talking about major things that would affect others.)

I don't think I'll be breaking down the door at Target to buy a line of Amal inspired clothes. I mostly liked the clothes she wore when she used to go to work - and those are available in stores already 'cause that's where she got them! Her designer clothes are too "fashion victim" and too young for her age (and mine!) for me to waste money on them. I'll stick to Target's normal clothes, thank you! Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Mon 17 Aug 2015, 17:00

I found a fabulous large azure blue tote at Target . I love it ! Very Happy

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 18 Aug 2015, 03:01

amaretti you always have some sweet comment to make! I'm glad you found a nice purse at Target! :-)
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 18 Aug 2015, 03:02

Ok so I got us WAY off target.

Back to George and Amal at Villa D'Este or maybe this one is done?

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Tue 18 Aug 2015, 09:26

LornaDoone, 
well, as long as there's no new sighting of George and Amal we can talk about these photos endlessly...
I love to see photos of them together because they show us a new side of George - on the other hand I always feeling sorry for them when they are photographed in private moments like this one seemed to have been...

Anyway, I said this before and can't want what George is going to say at the Stephen Colbert Show...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 19 Aug 2015, 14:22

LornaDoone wrote:Ok so I got us WAY off target.

Back to George and Amal at Villa D'Este or maybe this one is done?

Cute pun!!!

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 17 Oct 2015, 22:30

Another occasion this summer...

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by SideEyeSally Sun 18 Oct 2015, 03:31

I could be mistaken, but this photo is from Summer 2014 - when Amal first wore the white short-shorts suit.

SideEyeSally
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 18 Oct 2015, 12:29

I think the pic is from this year she wore that romper on their Tuscany trip. But it could be from last year as George was wearing the same clothes in those pictures.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 18 Oct 2015, 14:02

Yep, it might be. Samantha Barry from CNN is with them........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 18 Oct 2015, 15:16

She was there this summer too.......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 18 Oct 2015, 15:27

Guess we can't tell for sure. Tho I don't remember Samantha sitting at the big round table last year when George and Amal were there with their dinner guests.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2