George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Bill Murray - No wedding gift for George Clooney EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Bill Murray - No wedding gift for George Clooney EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Bill Murray - No wedding gift for George Clooney EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Bill Murray - No wedding gift for George Clooney EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Bill Murray - No wedding gift for George Clooney EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Bill Murray - No wedding gift for George Clooney EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Bill Murray - No wedding gift for George Clooney EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Bill Murray - No wedding gift for George Clooney EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Bill Murray - No wedding gift for George Clooney EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Bill Murray - No wedding gift for George Clooney

4 posters

Go down

Bill Murray - No wedding gift for George Clooney Empty Bill Murray - No wedding gift for George Clooney

Post by Nicky80 Fri 03 Oct 2014, 22:28

I love Bill Murray hehe

Seee the Video in the link (sorry I cold not copy the code in here)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bill Murray - No wedding gift for George Clooney

What do you get George Clooney for his wedding? According to Bill Murray ... NOTHING!!!

Murray was on hand when Clooney
sealed the deal with Amal Alamuddin last weekend ... and during a golfing event Thursday in Scotland, he fessed up ... he showed up EMPTY HANDED to the wedding ... and it doesn't sound like he was the only one.

Bill's rationale for being gift-less is compelling.

Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Bill Murray - No wedding gift for George Clooney Empty Re: Bill Murray - No wedding gift for George Clooney

Post by party animal - not! Sat 04 Oct 2014, 01:12

They were asked not to bring anything.........

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Bill Murray - No wedding gift for George Clooney Empty Re: Bill Murray - No wedding gift for George Clooney

Post by party animal - not! Sat 04 Oct 2014, 22:07

Extended chat with Bill at the golf tournament talking about the Clooneys

'You don't buy them anything': Bill Murray reveals he didn't take a gift to pal George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin's wedding

What do you get for the man that seemingly has everything? For Bill Murray the answer was nothing.

The 64-year-old star revealed to TMZ on Thursday that he did not bring a wedding gift for George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin during their ceremony last weekend.

He spoke to the celebrity news website after hitting the golf course as part of the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship in Kingsbarns, Scotland.

The Groundhog Day star's surprising answer came after he was asked what he could possibly give to someone of George's magnitude.

Bill told TMZ: 'You don't buy them anything.'

However, it seems like the actor was not the only one to come to the nuptials empty handed as he revealed the couple asked their guests to skip the wedding shopping

'When you're asked not to bring anything and you're asked to leave without, you know, they told us not to bring anything.'

Bill and George seem to have a good rapport with one another as they worked together on the 2014 war drama The Monuments Men. However, Bill admitted that he did not shed a tear at the wedding.

The Lost in Translation star said: 'I got moist. I'll get moist on you, I will.

'They are two wonderful people and all the people there are really pulling for them. They are going to be very, very happy.'

George and Amal were married last weekend in Venice, Italy and even shared exclusive shots of their big day with People and Hello magazines last week and have a third treat in store for their fans as they also feature in the latest issue of Italy's Vanity Fair.

The couple are seen glowing on the front cover of the publication, Amal in her custom-made Oscar De La Renta gown and George in his Giorgio Armani tuxedo.

Last edited by Nicky80 on Sun 05 Oct 2014, 12:23; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added text)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 07 Oct 2014, 19:04

DailyMail today has a nice piece of Bill Murray being interviewed on the Today Show. He had wonderful things to say about the wedding, and especially G&A. Of Amal he said "She's a real beautiful girl - a huge heart, a great humanitarian and the funniest Lebanese since Danny Thomas". That was so funny of him to say that. She being that funny how can you not see George falling for her? When George has been asked in the past what traits he looks for women one of the first was a sense of humor.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 07 Oct 2014, 21:00

Here is the Video
sorry for some reason the code doesn't work for me to copy the video

Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Tue 07 Oct 2014, 22:00

"They're ideal for each other"

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 07 Oct 2014, 22:41

Doug Ross I agree. I will also stand strong on a comment I made several weeks ago. I do think she is and will continue to be the love of his life. Sometime marriages between two people meant to be together don't work out for other reasons that don't have anything to do with love. My hope is that will not be the case here. The things Bill Murray said about them I just love hearing and these types of comments have been made by others who know them both.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 08 Oct 2014, 00:03

Even more extended article from Mailonline, who also talked about the couple on the red carpet for his new film

'It's miraculous they found each other': Bill Murray gushes over newlyweds George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin as he reveals he gave wedding toast

Bill Murray has opened up about the speech he delivered during good friend George Clooney's September 27 wedding to Amal Alamuddin, calling their union 'liberating'.

The Oscar-nominated actor sat down with the Today show's Matt Lauer on Tuesday to promote his latest film, St Vincent, though the topic soon moved to the role he played in the couple's big day.

Of course, the funnyman couldn't resist throwing in some lighthearted humour as he joked of his grand entrance to the lavish soiree in Venice, which saw him arriving by water taxi in true A-list style, looking dapper in a tux. 

'So everyone's just in T-shirts, you know, real casual,' he began as the crew off-camera erupted into fits of laughter upon images of him waving in a rather regal fashion flashed up on the screen. 'It was real fun.'

Clearly approving of the love match between the Hollywood heartthrob and the British human rights lawyer, the 64-year-old gushed about how lucky they were to find each other.

'These two, it's kind of just miraculous that they found each other, because they're so ideal for each other,' he explained, adding: 'People were very emotional about the fact that these two people found someone. That really was the great part of the party.

'They were so beautiful,' he continued, singing the 36-year-old bride's praises: 'She's a real beautiful girl with a huge heart and she's a great humanitarian and funny, too. She's the funniest Lebanese since Danny Thomas.'

The actor revealed he even had the honour of giving a toast during the festivities - something Matt said he would have flown to Venice just to hear.

'I did speak, I did get to say something - I can't really recreate it,' he confirmed. 'But it was something about the fact that a lot of people almost felt that they put their lives on hold until these people found their happiness, 'cause they're both very, very, very good people, very considerate and thoughtful of their friends and their families.

'The idea that they've got it now, it's liberating, it really is liberating to see them alive and in love.'

It was a similar sentiment expressed to E! News on the red carpet at the New York premiere of St Vincent on Monday night.

'The best part of being at George and Amal's wedding was those two people finding each other,' he gushed. 'It's just amazing that those two people - the way they are - found the other person. It's almost surreal. I am so happy for them!'

Bill was among a host of stars in attendance when Clooney, 53, and Amal married little more than a week ago, their lavish nuptials made official two days later with a low-key civil ceremony in the beautiful and historic Italian city.

Last edited by Nicky80 on Wed 08 Oct 2014, 20:51; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added text)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 08 Oct 2014, 01:06

Thanks Nicky80 and PAN for posting!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down