George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney's $220 million wedding "nightmare" - The Enquirer EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney's $220 million wedding "nightmare" - The Enquirer EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney's $220 million wedding "nightmare" - The Enquirer EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney's $220 million wedding "nightmare" - The Enquirer EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney's $220 million wedding "nightmare" - The Enquirer EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney's $220 million wedding "nightmare" - The Enquirer EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney's $220 million wedding "nightmare" - The Enquirer EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney's $220 million wedding "nightmare" - The Enquirer EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney's $220 million wedding "nightmare" - The Enquirer EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney's $220 million wedding "nightmare" - The Enquirer

+12
annemarie
iamnoone
fridadereval
party animal - not!
jd68
Alisonfan
bgarabedian
LornaDoone
Silje
LizzyNY
PigPen
Katiedot
16 posters

Go down

George Clooney's $220 million wedding "nightmare" - The Enquirer Empty George Clooney's $220 million wedding "nightmare" - The Enquirer

Post by Katiedot Wed 27 Aug 2014, 21:19

The usual guff from the Enquirer. Assume that as usual it's complete nonsense so who wants to start picking holes in this? Thanks to Henway for the link.

GEORGE CLOONEY: $220 MILLION WEDDING NIGHTMARE

GEORGE CLOONEY faces a devastating wedding disaster, including an as-yet-not finalized $220 million wedding contract his lawyers have been negotiating and “fighting” with his bride-to-be’s legal team. What’s more, the couple’s weddingplanner has quit, there’s squabbling over the guest list – and friends fear the whole thing may derail, sources dish to The ENQUIRER .

The 53-year-old “Michael Clayton” star plans to tie the knot with stunning British lawyer Amal Alamuddin, 36, in September at his Lake Como home in Laglio, Italy.
But without a prenup in place, all bets could be off, sources say. “Clooney is worth an estimated $220 million,” famed New Yorkdivorce lawyer Raoul L. Felder told The ENQUIRER .

“Given his shaky track record with women over the years, including a difficult divorce from his first wifeand the brief longevity of most Hollywood marriages in general, I think he needs to make sure he has a prenuptial agreement that’s ironclad. “He has a lot to worry about and a lot to lose if he doesn’t proceed with the utmost care and caution. The fact that (his fiancée) is a lawyer is strike one against him. I expect his lawyers are being very careful and ‘fighting’ her lawyers over every point.”

It’s an ominous sign that the couple is already at loggerheads over the guest list, fluctuating from a small intimate affair to a big A-list blowout, say sources. On top of that, their wedding planner quit in a huff after George changed wedding venues from Lake Como to Venice and then back to the original site.

“Before switching locations, George told the planner he wanted a sponsor,” claimed a close source, “Now it all seems disorganized.” Even something as simple as the guest list is causing headaches.

The ENQUIRER has learned that after dragging her feet, Angelina Jolie has finally decided to attend.

“At first she was on the fence about going, because she’s not big on schmoozing at Hollywood get-togethers,” said a source. “But she quickly changed her mind after George told her that President Obama RSVP’d ‘Yes’!” “Before that, she didn’t want Brad (Pitt) to go, either. But Brad, being such good friends with George, was going with or without her.”

A potential battle of superstar egos could also mar the festivities – Jennifer Aniston vs. Angelina. As The ENQUIRER was first to report – back in July – both Brad’s current lover as well as his ex-wife are on the guest list – for now anyway, according to a source. “George is extremely concerned that by inviting both these women, they’ll undoubtedly try to upstage each other and in so doing take the spotlight off the bride.”

As if George did not have enough to worry about, he was desperately hoping to keep under wraps his bitter first marriage to actress Talia Balsam!

Back in 1992, when George filed for divorce to end the acrimonious four-year union, he was a struggling actor. Documents reveal haggling over a number of assets, including a 1988 Saab, a 1959 Corvette and a Harley Davidson motorcycle. Also at stake were a 1988 Dodge and a motor home, which would eventually go to George. A queen-size bed and box spring ended up with Talia.

“Amal may have little idea just how contentious her future hubby’s divorce was,” warned a source. And a pal of the actor – who already has obtained his marriage license – noted: “What should be a joyous time for the couple is instead filled with tension and short fuses. There’s a lot of second guessing going on. In fact, if their big day goes off without hitch, it will truly be a miracle.”
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney's $220 million wedding "nightmare" - The Enquirer Empty Re: George Clooney's $220 million wedding "nightmare" - The Enquirer

Post by PigPen Wed 27 Aug 2014, 21:30

Nat'l Enquirer, admittedly is the pinnacle of "rag tabloid journalism"... but- they were on the money about OJ Simpson.    Just a thought.. could that be what's behind the sudden PDAs... "see, all's fine and dandy here at Camp Como"..

Stay tuned kids.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney's $220 million wedding "nightmare" - The Enquirer Empty Re: George Clooney's $220 million wedding "nightmare" - The Enquirer

Post by LizzyNY Wed 27 Aug 2014, 21:38

Good grief! This makes them sound like the Kardashians! I can't  imagine they'd have got this far without a pre-nup in place. That whole paragraph is Raul Felder's opinion of what is possibly happening. Seems like the Enquirer picked up the divorce story from Radaronline and ran with it. And George wanting a sponsor for the wedding?!!! Really?? So not him!

I can see where venue and guest list could cause some problems (although the Brad-Angie-Jennifer thing is silly) but nothing insurmountable.

IMO,typical Enquirer bullshit.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 27 Aug 2014, 21:42

Sponsor, maybe not.  But maybe they're referencing People Mag and Vanity Fair ( or is it Vogue, can't keep them straight)

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Wed 27 Aug 2014, 21:45

Well if there is any truth behind this story it could explain why we are all so confused about the wedding.  Rolling Eyes

But they should have left the Angelina-Jennifer fight out of it. That is soooooo boring. 

Then again this wedding is starting to become  boring too.  Neutral
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 28 Aug 2014, 06:48

The Corvette was a gift from his dad, if I'm not mistaken so there's no way he was going to give that up to Talia.

And I sure as hell hope that George doesn't marry without a pre-nup.

But all this talk about wedding jitters and tensions is par for course for most weddings.

I'm sure they'll work it all out.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by bgarabedian Thu 28 Aug 2014, 07:08

not so sure, sounds like a big mess and confusion. Poor george, he was the one who wanted this more than anything. He better have a pre-nup, or she will take him to the cleaners and wipe him dry if it did not work out. He is so totally confused and crazy in love, not sure what he is doing. I wish him the best of luck, not sure if this woman is right for him, but it is up to George and no one else to make this decision. bg

bgarabedian
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 28 Aug 2014, 07:15

I don't think there's any confusion here.  The couple know what they want and I'm sure it's all booked.  

Just because the entertainment press don't know what's going on (and why should they?) and so have to make up half a dozen or more conflicting fabricated stories, it doesn't mean that anything's confused.

The only thing that I find offensive/laughable about this is how the gossip tabloids have spent so long writing about wannabes and reality TV celebs that they've no idea how stars like George Clooney operate. They still think that Brad Pitt's his best man and that George's wedding will be a star-studded affair. I have a feeling that there won't be anyone recognisably a-list at the wedding.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Thu 28 Aug 2014, 10:32

Many hi profile weddings in the UK have "sponsorship" deals.  Who can forget Anthea Turner (C-list UK) who had the classiest of wedding, absolutely beautiful.
Then had ONE very odd picture taken with a chocolate bar. It went viral, before there was  even viral.  People were so confused about it.  It knocked her street cred for a while, but OK are now remembered for putting the pic WITH the Choc on the cover! - while poor Anthea was away on honeymoon  Sad
George will make sure he has totes control.  I imagine there will be a couple of sponsorship deals.  George runs the very successful GC business after all.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by jd68 Thu 28 Aug 2014, 10:40

I doubt George & Amal will have sponsors for the wedding. That is tacky and they hardly need the money. I will not be surprised if they sell an official photos to publications. Many celebs do that and give the money to charity.
jd68
jd68
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 28 Aug 2014, 11:44

I'd be surprised if George asked for sponsors for the wedding too. That would only work if the wedding were going to get heavy international press and, as TNMC says, it's cheap and tacky as hell.

They may release a few pictures of the wedding - please! I really hope they do! - or sell them and give the money to George's satellite project but full magazine coverage of the entire event is IMO very d-list.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 28 Aug 2014, 13:10

Katie- I think a deal for some kind of magazine coverage might keep the pap invasion to a minimum. And I do think he wants some press coverage. He is, after all, a movie star - publicity is part of his DNA. Very Happy  Making a deal with a reputable magazine allows him at least some control of what gets published.

If he can make a deal that tastefully lets us be voyeurs at the wedding and also raises some money for SSP, I'm ok with it. (And besides, I want to see the pics, too! Very Happy)
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 28 Aug 2014, 13:41

Vogue and a n other........

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 28 Aug 2014, 15:19

NOTHING will stop the paparazzi scramble. If George signs an exclusive agreement, all the other photographers will still try to get photos and create the same chaos as they would if there were no exclusive.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fridadereval Thu 28 Aug 2014, 17:34

Well, and a few months ago, other news venues were talking about how Amal wanted a prenup and George tore it all up out of love or something.... Anyway, Amal comes from a wealthy and powerful family. She has her own money ( just look at the price tag of her wardrobe!) She does not need GC's money. I strongly doubt all the stuff about the 220 mil prenup.
As far as the guest list, who knows? Isn't that one of the things that every couple has to compromise about? Aunt Edna and your 3rd degree cousin twice removed in exchange for Brad and Angelina....

fridadereval
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 28 Aug 2014, 20:16

I wonder if they were invited to Brad and Angie's wedding. It doesn't look like it. Maybe they'll all get together somewhere later for a big blow-out to celebrate both weddings and invite all their mutual friends. Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 28 Aug 2014, 20:27

fridadereval wrote:Well, and a few months ago,  other news venues were talking about how Amal wanted a prenup and George tore it all up out of love or something.... Anyway, Amal comes from a wealthy and powerful family. She has her own money ( just look at the price tag of her wardrobe!)   She does not need GC's money.  I strongly doubt all the stuff about the 220 mil prenup.
As far as the guest list, who knows? Isn't that one of the things that every couple has to compromise about? Aunt Edna and your 3rd degree cousin twice removed  in exchange for Brad and Angelina....  
fridadereval, it's not really about money.  It's about anger when you've been hurt.  People who otherwise are caring and logical, can become quite vengeful when it comes to matters of the heart.  They fight over the dumbest things.  And when it's a public breakup, all the worse.  I can only speak for myself. But I'm sure all of you can relate.  A friend, who is just your average gal, was tied up in the ugliest divorce that dragged on for years.  Her husband, quite angry that she wanted out of the marriage, vowed "to make your life a living hell". And he did.

A pre-nup avoids this, or at least makes it less traumatic.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by iamnoone Thu 28 Aug 2014, 23:10

+1 what pigpen said.  its rarely about the money.  Its more often  about anger when you've been hurt (BOY Did you nail it pigpen)  i've seen contentious divorces first hand and they can scar you for years.  people can hold on to the anger and that can drive them to do such awful things Sad 

and prenup to my mind can be important beyond protecting in the event about a divorce.  it forces a discussion on how money is handled, that can bring out issues prior to a marriage that can be critical imho.

Last edited by iamnoone on Thu 28 Aug 2014, 23:12; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited for clarity, messed up the wording)

iamnoone
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 29 Aug 2014, 01:14

I'm sure there will be no sponsors they have the money and more class than that. I do hope we get a picture and that the press don't ruin the day.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFanForever Fri 29 Aug 2014, 07:17

I also hope to see a pic....I am sure we will!

Last edited by NewFanForever on Fri 29 Aug 2014, 07:18; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

NewFanForever
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Fri 29 Aug 2014, 12:29

annemarie wrote:I'm sure there will be no sponsors they have the money and more class than that. I do hope we get a picture and that the press don't ruin the day.

Well then you would be wrong!! Razz
phys major
phys major
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 29 Aug 2014, 17:10

LizzyNY wrote:I wonder if they were invited to Brad and Angie's wedding. It doesn't look like it. Maybe they'll all get together somewhere later for a big blow-out to celebrate both weddings and invite all their mutual friends. Very Happy

Despite what the tabloids say, George and Brad aren't close friends.

They've worked together, sure, but his closest friends are the boys and their families.

I can't see either of them having a dual wedding celebration and I seriously doubt there would be any dinners between the couples.

See George was also a friend of Jennifer Aniston and I think deep down, George never really approved of the Angie / Brad hookup because Jennifer was very hurt by Brad's betrayl.  

I think George is of the mindset that if you're having issues with your marriage then have enough respect for the other person to dissolve that marriage before you go out cheating on the person whom you've vowed to love, honor and respect.

So, yes, George may work with Brad but I doubt there would be in any double-date dinners between George/Amal and Brad/Angie.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 29 Aug 2014, 17:41

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

'Laughable'

George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin $220 Million Prenup Fight?

George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin are fighting over a $220 million prenuptial agreement, claims theNational Enquirer, an outlet that has repeatedlypublished outrageous and false stories about the couple since they announced their engagement.

According to the tabloid, Clooney and Alamuddin’s legal teams have been at war over prenup negotiations, and the Oscar winner now “faces a devastating wedding disaster.”

Because the Enquirer has no actual insight into Clooney’s legal or financial situation, it then props up this flimsy prenup story with a bunch of othersupposed problems looming over the nuptials.
The mag alleges the couple’s wedding planner “quit in a huff” after a venue change, that there’s purported “squabbling over the guest list,” and that there’s a likely “battle of superstar egos” between potential attendees Angelina Jolie and Jennifer Aniston.

And the more things the Enquirer throws against the wall, the more obvious it is the Enquireris grasping at straws.

Sources close to Clooney tell Gossip Cop the mag’s latest attack on his relationship with Alamuddin is so wildly inaccurate, it’s “laughable.”

Last edited by Nicky80 on Fri 29 Aug 2014, 17:57; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added text)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Fri 29 Aug 2014, 18:56

LornaDoone wrote:
LizzyNY wrote:I wonder if they were invited to Brad and Angie's wedding. It doesn't look like it. Maybe they'll all get together somewhere later for a big blow-out to celebrate both weddings and invite all their mutual friends. Very Happy

Despite what the tabloids say, George and Brad aren't close friends.

They've worked together, sure, but his closest friends are the boys and their families.

I can't see either of them having a dual wedding celebration and I seriously doubt there would be any dinners between the couples.

See George was also a friend of Jennifer Aniston and I think deep down, George never really approved of the Angie / Brad hookup because Jennifer was very hurt by Brad's betrayl.  

I think George is of the mindset that if you're having issues with your marriage then have enough respect for the other person to dissolve that marriage before you go out cheating on the person whom you've vowed to love, honor and respect.

So, yes, George may work with Brad but I doubt there would be in any double-date dinners between George/Amal and Brad/Angie.

Brad never cheated on Jennifer. He and Angie only started dating after the divorce. Angie's father cheated on her mother, she knew what her mother has been through, and that's one of the reason why they started dating after the divorce (or at least, after Brad and Jennifer were no longer together).
I don't think that Jennifer and George are so close that he would be upset with Brad for splitting with Jennifer. He left her because he fell in love with another woman, instead of cheating her, he decided to tell her the truth. i think that both of them heve suffered, but both have starting a new life and now are happy.
For me, George is happy that Brad and Angie are together, but it's just my thought.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 29 Aug 2014, 19:19

I think Lorna is right Doug Ross, Brad cheated on Jennifer...I remember Jennifer was in a talk show and saying in an ironic way that she was always wondering why Brad couldn't wait to go to the set to work for Mr & Mrs Smith....She made it clear that he cheated..... The official dating after the divorce was just an PR thing. There were picture before from Brad and Angie that official announcement when they went on holidays together....

Anyway, back on topic...I'm sure George will get a pren up. You never know what will happen in few years time... No one can look into the future
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 29 Aug 2014, 22:21

Back on topic, gossipcop have denied the story:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin $220 Million Prenup Fight?
Truth rating: 0

Amal Alamuddin George Clooney National Enquirer

By Daniel Gates | 10:18 am, August 29th, 2014

George Clooney Prenup

(Getty Images)

George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin are fighting over a $220 million prenuptial agreement, claims the National Enquirer, an outlet that has repeatedly published outrageous and false stories about the couple since they announced their engagement.

According to the tabloid, Clooney and Alamuddin’s legal teams have been at war over prenup negotiations, and the Oscar winner now “faces a devastating wedding disaster.”

Because the Enquirer has no actual insight into Clooney’s legal or financial situation, it then props up this flimsy prenup story with a bunch of other supposed problems looming over the nuptials.

The mag alleges the couple’s wedding planner “quit in a huff” after a venue change, that there’s purported “squabbling over the guest list,” and that there’s a likely “battle of superstar egos” between potential attendees Angelina Jolie and Jennifer Aniston.

And the more things the Enquirer throws against the wall, the more obvious it is the Enquirer is grasping at straws.

Sources close to Clooney tell Gossip Cop the mag’s latest attack on his relationship with Alamuddin is so wildly inaccurate, it’s “laughable.”

Thanks Henway for the link
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 29 Aug 2014, 22:48

Love that Tanzanian pic where he's given her his jacket. Very sweet

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 30 Aug 2014, 00:00

Just clarifying - Brad and Angie did Mr. & Mrs. Smith together while he was still married to Jennifer.

That's when they reportedly hooked up and from that all the other dominos in the marriage fell apart.

I think Jen later acknowledged that they had been having issues one being that Brad wanted kids and she didn't want to start having a family at that time as her career was pretty hot with Friends.

So they WERE still married when he and Angie hooked up. 

Ok back on topic.  Sorry katie didn't want mis-information to hang out there.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Sat 30 Aug 2014, 01:13

I knew that Brad and Jennifer were already separated (not divorced, but I think not together anymore), when he and Angie hooked up, but at this point I think I was just bad informated.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 30 Aug 2014, 01:21

I think at this point it doesn't really matter. It was a long time ago and they've all moved on with their lives. I feel bad for Jennifer Aniston that it keeps getting brought up in the media.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down