George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney and Amal and their parents on a family trip - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney and Amal and their parents on a family trip - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney and Amal and their parents on a family trip - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney and Amal and their parents on a family trip - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney and Amal and their parents on a family trip - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney and Amal and their parents on a family trip - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney and Amal and their parents on a family trip - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney and Amal and their parents on a family trip - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney and Amal and their parents on a family trip - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney and Amal and their parents on a family trip

+20
silly willy
The next mrs clooney
bgarabedian
Sevens
Maggy
LizzyNY
Atalante
fava
premiere
lelacorb
annemarie
Picachu
Nicky80
Way2Old4Dis
LornaDoone
it's me
PigPen
Joanna
phys major
party animal - not!
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

George Clooney and Amal and their parents on a family trip - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney and Amal and their parents on a family trip

Post by it's me Mon 07 Jul 2014, 22:49

mom's love
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Amal and their parents on a family trip - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney and Amal and their parents on a family trip

Post by lelacorb Mon 07 Jul 2014, 23:01

premiere wrote:When I looked at the pics with both moms, all I could think of was what Nina was really thinking. Something along the lines of, "OK, I can do this. I'll only see this lady a few times a year. I can be nice."
I thought that Nina thought, "by Nina, would seem to act like a great lady so this woman will see, if all goes as always, only, at most one more time!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 07 Jul 2014, 23:12

WARNING....THE MESSAGE BELOW MAY OFFEND
SOME FOLK !

The impolite/negative/rude comments written on COH over the years about what ladies are wearing in photos have always irritated/annoyed/infuriated me.
So I think I've been quite mellow in the past by not commenting about those comments.

Today I just felt like it. OK ?   Thumbs up! 

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 07 Jul 2014, 23:12

Nicky80 wrote:
Way2Old4Dis wrote:Can somebody please change "they" to "their" in the thread title? It's driving me nucking futs.

Thanks for correcting me. Just changed it....I never know when it is they or their...sorry  Embarassed Thanks for letting me know.... Thumbs up!

It's that German language thing Nicky.

I took German in high school - only remember how to say Der Zeitung. Lot of good that will do me since I wouldn't be able to read a fucking thing in it!

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Mon 07 Jul 2014, 23:13

LornaDoone wrote:
party animal - not! wrote:Hang on - eight minutes ago  - and from the Mail too!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What the hell is on that woman's head? (Amal's mother)

Whatever it is it needs to GO!   Look like she's wearing a peacock's ass on her head!

You beat me to the snarky comment.  Sorry--I know she is not a public figure......
Amal is REALLY a fan of the "statement necklace" isn't she?

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Mon 07 Jul 2014, 23:23

Joanna wrote:WARNING....THE MESSAGE BELOW MAY OFFEND
SOME FOLK  !

The impolite/negative/rude comments written on COH over the years about what ladies are wearing in photos have always irritated/annoyed/infuriated me.
So I think I've been quite mellow in the past by not commenting about those comments.

Today I just felt like it. OK ?     Thumbs up! 

Haven't you ever looked at photos of yourself--or friends and relatives-- later, laughed and thought "Oh that ____ was a mistake?"  I wore gauchos as a teen and a lot of other stupid fashions, but I can take a little ribbing for it.  I don't think the comments today were particularly mean spirited--never seen a visor like that myself..... Wonder what Amal thought of it.  Have to give her kudos for letting mom go out in whatever she wants.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 07 Jul 2014, 23:42

Amal  and her mom seem to have unique taste , lol. She and mom probably have a great time shopping together especially for shoes.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Tue 08 Jul 2014, 00:15

Well I sure like that shirt and cap. Giraffes are needed !  Writer\'s block
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 08 Jul 2014, 00:49

Staying on topic, but throwing a  curve ball.  I've pretty much thrown my hands up in the air ( and I really look cute doing it, by the way  cheers ) trying to find info on the multitude of threads... are Mr and Mrs Alamuddin still married?  There is a close up of her left, then her right hand,  no wedding rings in sight.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 08 Jul 2014, 01:02

I'd bet Amal's parents are still married, but not married married, for whatever reason. Otherwise we would've been reading about how Amal was raised by a single mother, with only a family fortune and  marital claims to the ancestral home to fall back on.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 08 Jul 2014, 01:08

This is more fun than a  tv soap opera!

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 08 Jul 2014, 01:18

I think they are married but separated, I believe that's what has been written.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 08 Jul 2014, 02:44

PigPen wrote:This is more fun than a  tv soap opera!

LOL!

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 08 Jul 2014, 04:31

@ fava - Until the engagement Baria Alamuddin was more of a public figure than her daughter. She should know better than to go out with a feather duster on her head.

@Joanna & Lorna - It feels like everyone lost their sense of humor today. I find nothing wrong with calling an ugly hat an ugly hat. If that's the worst thing you say about someone, you're a saint - you'd also never survive in my neck of the woods. "Ranking" is a Brooklyn pastime.  Laughing 
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Tue 08 Jul 2014, 04:49

Feather duster?

Laughing
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Tue 08 Jul 2014, 08:08

They all look great in the boat pix! Don't know who the woman in black dress is though...
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 08 Jul 2014, 08:23

If I'm not mistaken that is the wife of George's friend Ben Weiss who is pregnant. The other dinner thread she had the green dress on and was holding hands with Nina when they came out of the restaurant. Maybe you remember that.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by bgarabedian Tue 08 Jul 2014, 09:50

I agree, I really do not like the statement she made abut amal can do better and not impressed with George. I am not impressed at her. she can say whatever she wants, that will not change george mind and his marriage.Even if the mother-in=law does not approve, who cares. It is only george and aml that and what they feel really matters. Whatever will be will be as doris day sang. ka sara sara.  you are the greatest george, love u bg

bgarabedian
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 08 Jul 2014, 10:38

"@Joanna & Lorna - It feels like everyone lost their sense of humor today. I find nothing wrong with calling an ugly hat an ugly hat. If that's the worst thing you say about someone, you're a saint - you'd also never survive in my neck of the woods. "Ranking" is a Brooklyn pastime.   Laughing [/quote]"

My dear Lizzy Lol.....if you're referring to me losing my sense of humour then
you know nothing ! And no way would I want to leave my lovely green & leafy, semi-rural, quiet & peaceful home here in UK to even visit Brooklyn. No offence meant,
I just know what I like.

Our Mod Lorna had recently Re Posted Katie's rules and I was amazed to read that
she'd apparently gone against the Spirit of Rule 3, whether joking or not.
As I said, I normally don't comment about such things and can't understand why,
when I had the audacity to do so,  it's caused such a commotion !  flower 

There's more important things to get in a tizzy about surely !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Tue 08 Jul 2014, 11:36

There's a big difference to referring to a hat as ugly and calling someone ugly!  Ragging on the clothes is not a big issue and a favourite past time of many people especially celeb watchers.  Baria's outfit is hideous in so many ways, whatever was she thinking!  Wonder if she will be allowed to pick out her own outfit for the wedding or whether a stylist will be brought in?
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 08 Jul 2014, 11:55

I love you Joanna - I didn't mean YOU!! Very Happy I meant everyone who got their knickers in a twist because someone joked about a stupid hat! I know you never comment on things like this, but you're certainly entitled to if the spirit moves you -the rest of us do. We haven't got your self control - or maybe we just aren't as nice.

Sad Why won't you come to Brooklyn? What have we done? If I wasn't so computer illiterate I'd post you pictures of my neighborhood. Trees as far as the eye can see! We're known as the borough of churches and trees. And we're really nice people - (except for me, sometimes, when this Amal thing gets on my nerves) - no matter what you've heard. Smile
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 08 Jul 2014, 12:56

He he he Lizzy.....years ago I probably would have come to Brooklyn.....but age, slight infirmity and being used to a quiet semi-rural lifestyle have overtaken me now !
I don't even go into my nearest big town
any more....too much traffic and too many people. LOL.

I'll Google Brooklyn images later. OK ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 08 Jul 2014, 13:02

Jo - You and I are on the same page, for the same reasons. I traveled a lot when I was younger, but now even the thought of getting on a plane tires me out. Very Happy I'm just glad we haven't done anything to scare you away.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 08 Jul 2014, 13:10

LizzyNY wrote:Jo - You and I are on the same page, for the same reasons. I traveled a lot when I was younger, but now even the thought of getting on a plane tires me out. Very Happy I'm just glad we haven't done anything to scare you away.

Oh No......Never in the reign of pigs puddin would that happen gal !
Too much George stuff to enjoy and look forward to.

Wedding 

(Coming onto COH is a life saver for me at the moment due to
a very debilitating healthy problem.
It's not life threatening though,
so you won't be getting rid of me just yet.)  Sofa bounce 

Sorry for swerving off topic folks.  flower 
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 08 Jul 2014, 13:23

Joanna wrote:I feel happy for Nina that she has female companion
in Baria while on holiday in Laglio.
Some lovely pictures of a girly shopping trip
at the link too.

Maybe Happy Times are ahead for all...aye pan ?

Having looked at the pictures more closely, I don't think this would be my first choice for a vacation companion.

The photos with Baria's arm over Nina's shoulder and Nina's arm around Baria's waist look friendly enough. But the two photos where Baria continues with her hand on the shoulder while talking to Nina make it look like Nina is being treated as frail or needing help. It's a dominating position for Baria to assume. I know it's just two brief shots of continuous moments, but it lasted at least several steps (check the background). Very off-putting to me, especially considering in addition the snapshot of them with Baria talking and bending toward Nina, and has a hand on her arm, or close to it. That says, "Now, you listen to me."

I wonder if she's as overbearing as she seems to be in print and photo.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 08 Jul 2014, 13:29

Way2....Have you examined ALL of the "girly shopping outing"
photos ? Including the ones showing all four of the ladies ?

Personally I don't see what you see at all.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 08 Jul 2014, 14:15

I looked at what was posted, but obviously focused on the Nina/Baria photos. Just my personal observations and opinion.

If I'm in my 70's, and someone younger/taller/bigger would place their hand on my shoulder while we're walking, it would look as if I were being helped or guided. The other person would look to be in charge. That's what I'm seeing. And I readily admit I could be way off base, which is why I included the qualification about it being snapshots of a moment.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 08 Jul 2014, 14:28

Way2Old - Maybe you got that impression because Nina is shorter and much slimmer than Baria. To me she looks sort of frail by comparison. If Nina was taller or heavier maybe Baria wouldn't look so overbearing.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Tue 08 Jul 2014, 14:39

bgarabedian wrote:I agree, I really do not like the statement she made abut amal can do better and not impressed with George. I am not impressed at her. she can say whatever she wants, that will not change george mind and his marriage.Even if the mother-in=law does not approve, who cares. It is only george and aml that and what they feel really matters. Whatever will be will be as doris day sang. ka sara sara.  you are the greatest george, love u bg

You are making the assumption that she actually said that.  I doubt it very much.  When I hear her say it or there is a reputable source that heard it, that would be different.  And if I it was my daughter, I might not be very impressed either.  The career, money and humanitarian work are impressive.  The years of womanizing, the string of girl friends in careers that depend mainly on sex appeal and not smarts, the lack of desire for children, the admitting he was a bad husband, the fact that he lives in a different country, the age difference, the short time they have known each other, the lack of privacy, the health issues, the allegations of kinkiness, etc. I think would make any mom a little worried even though I am sure he is charming in person.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 08 Jul 2014, 14:40

Nicky80 wrote:If I'm not mistaken that is the wife of George's friend Ben Weiss who is pregnant. The other dinner thread she had the green dress on and was holding hands with Nina when they came out of the restaurant. Maybe you remember that.
Ben's wife is pregnant?  And Thom gets married.  No wonder George is  feeling the strain of being the last cowboy standing.  Run George Run.  You're allowed to be your own person.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 08 Jul 2014, 14:50

LizzyNY wrote:Way2Old - Maybe you got that impression because Nina is shorter and much slimmer than Baria. To me she looks sort of frail by comparison. If Nina was taller or heavier maybe Baria wouldn't look so overbearing.

Yeah.

I just think that it would have looked better (less presumptuous -- again JMO) if Baria had let her hand drop when Nina took her hand from the waist. That would have looked more 'mutual' to me.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 08 Jul 2014, 15:50

LornaDoone wrote:
PigPen wrote:Good grief... I was only kidding..

Guess we both are being taken too seriously today!

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 08 Jul 2014, 16:58

We see one shot and don't know how long any event took place in time sequence she may have been removing her hand when that picture was taken. Nina looks frail to me she may not be but she is so small.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by silly willy Tue 08 Jul 2014, 17:51

I agree that that blue visor thingy Amal's mum is wearing is…well, I don't know what it is, but she seems to have a great sense of humor -- just by wearing it!  

So they have fun with their fashion -- and why not?

And Amal's red/green necklace with her white pantsuit looks odd, too.

silly willy
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 08 Jul 2014, 19:02

Joanna wrote:"@Joanna & Lorna - It feels like everyone lost their sense of humor today. I find nothing wrong with calling an ugly hat an ugly hat. If that's the worst thing you say about someone, you're a saint - you'd also never survive in my neck of the woods. "Ranking" is a Brooklyn pastime.   Laughing 
"

you know nothing ! And no way would I want to leave my lovely green & leafy, semi-rural, quiet & peaceful home here in UK to even visit Brooklyn. No offence meant,
I just know what I like.

Our Mod Lorna had recently Re Posted Katie's rules and I was amazed to read that

Sigh....

Oh fuck it.  Never mind.  Nothing I say is ever going to change some of the shit on this forum.

Continue with all your bitching.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 08 Jul 2014, 19:21

Both mom and daughter definitely have fun with fashion. Fashion should be fun it really isn't that serious but if something looks strange or odd or just plain silly why not say it. It surely doesn't matter to Amal , George or her mother.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Tue 08 Jul 2014, 20:06

Know what, sometimes people come on a forum and shit happens;

Amo, Amas, Amal.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Wed 09 Jul 2014, 00:42

Alisonfan wrote:Know what, sometimes people come on a forum and shit happens;

Amo, Amas, Amal.
 Amalamus, amalatis, amalant.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 09 Jul 2014, 00:56

LornaDoone wrote:
Joanna wrote:"@Joanna & Lorna - It feels like everyone lost their sense of humor today. I find nothing wrong with calling an ugly hat an ugly hat. If that's the worst thing you say about someone, you're a saint - you'd also never survive in my neck of the woods. "Ranking" is a Brooklyn pastime.   Laughing 
"

I just know what I like.

Sigh....

Oh fuck it.  Never mind.  Nothing I say is ever going to change some of the shit on this forum.

Continue with all your bitching.
You, my dear, are F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!!

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 09 Jul 2014, 01:13

And the best photo of the Two Mums Bonding goes to........

George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin's Moms Bond While Shopping in Italy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Everything's coming up roses for George Clooney and his fiancée, Amal Alamuddin. Even their moms are getting along! 

Nina Bruce Clooney and Baria Alamuddinbonded over a day of shopping around Lake Como on Sunday, walking down the street arm-in-arm in one of the small Italian towns near the lake. The pair were all smiles as they browsed an array of silk scarves, getting to know each other before their children's wedding. 

Baria appeared animated, thanks to her broad grin and blue fluffy visor, while Nina Bruce kept it simple in jeans and a neutral button-down shirt. 

George and Amal have been spending a lot of time at the actor's Italian villa, and their parents have enjoyed touring the area in preparation for the nuptials, which a source close to the Alamuddin family told PEOPLEwill likely take place in September. 

"George and Amal looked very much in love all weekend," another source said of their weekend visit in June. "They were all smiles, holding hands. There was an air of romance." 

Last edited by Nicky80 on Wed 09 Jul 2014, 15:58; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text and pic)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 09 Jul 2014, 01:19

They do seem to be having a good time.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 09 Jul 2014, 01:30

Alisonfan wrote:Know what, sometimes people come on a forum and shit happens;

Amo, Amas, Amal.

Usually shit happens on a forum because people unnecessarily get their knickers in a twist, so how about on a count of 3 we all pull the collective wedgies out of our asses!!

As to family day out, looks like a perceived fun day was had
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 09 Jul 2014, 01:37

lol!   LOL!  gotpics  Good night  lol!  lol!  lol!  Superdupercool  Superdupercool  Superdupercool  This big  Cheerleader  Cheerleader  Wheee!  Wheee!  Wheee!
George did bring Casamigos!!!!

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 09 Jul 2014, 01:44

theminis wrote:

Usually shit happens on a forum because people unnecessarily get their knickers in a twist, so how about on a count of 3 we all pull the collective wedgies out of our asses!!

melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 09 Jul 2014, 16:00

Funny smiley Melbert   Razz 

"collective wedgies out of our asses"Seriously theminis what kind of language do you teach me  ROTFL
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 09 Jul 2014, 22:54

One more pic

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 09 Jul 2014, 23:02

interesting body language from Nina.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Thu 10 Jul 2014, 00:27

Bored, and pretending to be interested?
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 10 Jul 2014, 16:05

The arms wrapped that far  around... defensive pose.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2