George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney’s Family Members Reveal How Fiancée Amal Alamuddin Got Him To Commit EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney’s Family Members Reveal How Fiancée Amal Alamuddin Got Him To Commit EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney’s Family Members Reveal How Fiancée Amal Alamuddin Got Him To Commit EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney’s Family Members Reveal How Fiancée Amal Alamuddin Got Him To Commit EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney’s Family Members Reveal How Fiancée Amal Alamuddin Got Him To Commit EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney’s Family Members Reveal How Fiancée Amal Alamuddin Got Him To Commit EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney’s Family Members Reveal How Fiancée Amal Alamuddin Got Him To Commit EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney’s Family Members Reveal How Fiancée Amal Alamuddin Got Him To Commit EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney’s Family Members Reveal How Fiancée Amal Alamuddin Got Him To Commit EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney’s Family Members Reveal How Fiancée Amal Alamuddin Got Him To Commit

+3
theminis
Sevens
Katiedot
7 posters

Go down

George Clooney’s Family Members Reveal How Fiancée Amal Alamuddin Got Him To Commit Empty George Clooney’s Family Members Reveal How Fiancée Amal Alamuddin Got Him To Commit

Post by Katiedot Tue 29 Apr 2014, 06:15

Found by Les Frenchies

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

‘He Said He’d Be A Bachelor Forever!’ George Clooney’s Family Members Reveal How Fiancée Amal Alamuddin Got Him To Commit

Posted on Apr 28, 2014 @ 16:52PM | By Andrea Simpson

Hearts are breaking all over the world now that perpetual bachelor George Clooney is officially off the market, but the only tears his family is crying are those of joy.

“We are thrilled for them. We love Amal,” Clooney’s father, Nick Clooney, told RadarOnline in an exclusive interview. “We think they’re a wonderful match and wish them well.”

As for any other details on how their heartthrob son popped the question, he added: “This is their day!”

As Radar confirmed, the 52-year-old superstar and the future Mrs. Clooney, international law attorney Amal Alamuddin, were spotted celebrating over dinner at two Los Angeles hotspots last week where the 36-year-old bride-to-be was donning some huge engagement bling.

Clooney’s aunt, Starla Clooney, hopes to not only be invited to the wedding of the century, but would love to play a more notable role. She’s a non-denominational wedding minister in Ohio, Indiana, and the actor’s home state of Kentucky, which could come in handy for her nephew.

“If he asked me, I would do it,” Clooney revealed.

Only, she’d be just as content being in the audience to witness the ceremony she and her family thought would never happen.

“They are a confirmed Catholic family, so the chances I would do it are slim. I don’t think I would be eligible.

“I’m just as surprised as the rest of the world. George was going to be a bachelor his whole life,” she added. “This woman must be exceptionally special to him for him to take the plunge. He hasn’t seen her very long. In the past there has at least been some sort of length of time.”

The Gravity star’s most recent celeb conquests have included long-term relationships with Elisabetta Canalis and Stacy Kiebler.

Like with the public, the former forever bachelor has always been open with his family about his aversion to walking down the aisle again after his four-year marriage to actress Talia Balsam ended in 1993.

“I don’t know what split them up, but he said he wasn’t good at marriage,” said his aunt. “He was a struggling actor at the time, so maybe that contributed to it. He didn’t want to invest in it anymore.”

But he couldn’t fool those closest to him.

“We’ve all known it,” she continued. “But all it’s going to take is that one person to do it for him. When she comes along, he’ll know it. “She (Amal) really must have bowled him over.”
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney’s Family Members Reveal How Fiancée Amal Alamuddin Got Him To Commit Empty Re: George Clooney’s Family Members Reveal How Fiancée Amal Alamuddin Got Him To Commit

Post by Sevens Tue 29 Apr 2014, 06:42

Katie, it's time to honour the "Fiancée" title in Amal's section description! cheers

Last edited by Sevens on Tue 29 Apr 2014, 07:32; edited 1 time in total
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

George Clooney’s Family Members Reveal How Fiancée Amal Alamuddin Got Him To Commit Empty Re: George Clooney’s Family Members Reveal How Fiancée Amal Alamuddin Got Him To Commit

Post by Katiedot Tue 29 Apr 2014, 07:09

Oh blimey!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 29 Apr 2014, 07:36

Wait till we see the ring Katie - then its more official
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 29 Apr 2014, 07:40

Ah, it's done now!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Tue 29 Apr 2014, 07:42

The title says the family is going to reveal how she got him to commit, but I didn't read that in the article. Wasn't that revealing to me unless I missed something!
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 29 Apr 2014, 07:44

Yeah, it's the usual 'bait and switch' tactics of tabloid 'journalism': promise one thing, deliver something totally different.

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Tue 29 Apr 2014, 07:47

They just expressed their thrill of joy...no clues about the details, guess which only belong to the happy couple themselves.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 29 Apr 2014, 09:01

Funny that the aunt said she was surprised like the rest of the world HAHAHA.
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 29 Apr 2014, 12:34

Clooney’s aunt, Starla Clooney?

Never heard of her...
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Tue 29 Apr 2014, 13:22

Never heard about Starla.... They are more Clooney´s thatn I thought.
hathaross
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down