George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
AOC Discussion for those who have seen it. SPOILER ALERT EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
AOC Discussion for those who have seen it. SPOILER ALERT EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
AOC Discussion for those who have seen it. SPOILER ALERT EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
AOC Discussion for those who have seen it. SPOILER ALERT EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
AOC Discussion for those who have seen it. SPOILER ALERT EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
AOC Discussion for those who have seen it. SPOILER ALERT EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
AOC Discussion for those who have seen it. SPOILER ALERT EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
AOC Discussion for those who have seen it. SPOILER ALERT EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
AOC Discussion for those who have seen it. SPOILER ALERT EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

AOC Discussion for those who have seen it. SPOILER ALERT

4 posters

Go down

AOC Discussion for those who have seen it. SPOILER ALERT Empty AOC Discussion for those who have seen it. SPOILER ALERT

Post by LornaDoone Sat 18 Jan 2014, 20:55

Decided to start a thread for those who have seen the film.

If you haven't seen it and don't want spoilers then click out of the thread NOW! :-)

Also, for those discussing there is a spoiler icon. Just highlight the text you want to conceal and hit the icon. It is the icon two positions to the right of the quote button above. Hover over the buttons and it will tell you what it is.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

AOC Discussion for those who have seen it. SPOILER ALERT Empty Re: AOC Discussion for those who have seen it. SPOILER ALERT

Post by LornaDoone Sat 18 Jan 2014, 21:17

Ok so I'll start.

I went to a screening last night of the film in West Hollywood and the screenwriter, Tracy Letts was there afterward for a Q&A.

Unfortunately, I was so tired from a very long and busy two days that I did not stay long for his Q&A.

Spoiler:
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

AOC Discussion for those who have seen it. SPOILER ALERT Empty Re: AOC Discussion for those who have seen it. SPOILER ALERT

Post by Nicky80 Sun 12 Oct 2014, 11:27

Ok I haven't read your spoiler Lorna but will next week.

I ordered the DVD now from lovefilm and will get it next week to watch.....Can't wait....
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 17 Oct 2014, 19:59

moved the posts about the suicide here

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 03 Jan 2015, 12:22

OK I watched the film.

I like the way Meryl played the role. She was really good. Very depressing ending.

I didn't like Julia's role. She played it a bit too harsh, too mean for me.

In general the film is too dark for me. Makes you depressed. Kind of Wink

Not sure Lorna if I agree with you that Maryl was overacting or she was just too good. mmhh could be both...
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 11 Feb 2015, 04:20

Gosh, I FINALLY got to see the film. Thought it was ok, but not sure what all the fuss was about. Loved Meryl and Julia, in fact, loved all of the cast except (forgive me, Joanna) Benedict Cumberbatch who just seemed really shaky on his accent.

I know what you guys mean about Meryl overacting because at first I was a bit 'hmmmm' about her but then she took the wig off and I suddenly realised that the character she was playing was acting (if that makes sense) and wow, was she ever good!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 11 Feb 2015, 15:53

Katie I forgive you....as it's your Birthday week. 
I haven't seen it yet.

Recently Benedict has been the subject of a lot fun because he did a voice over on a DvD about oceans 
and he can't say Penguins....it keeps coming out as Penwins. 
But he's taken all the stick with good humour,
of course. LOL.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down