George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
George Clooney to Ed Reed: 'You hurt me bad, I'm a Bengals fan' EmptyToday at 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney to Ed Reed: 'You hurt me bad, I'm a Bengals fan' EmptyToday at 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney to Ed Reed: 'You hurt me bad, I'm a Bengals fan' EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney to Ed Reed: 'You hurt me bad, I'm a Bengals fan' EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney to Ed Reed: 'You hurt me bad, I'm a Bengals fan' EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney to Ed Reed: 'You hurt me bad, I'm a Bengals fan' EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney to Ed Reed: 'You hurt me bad, I'm a Bengals fan' EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney to Ed Reed: 'You hurt me bad, I'm a Bengals fan' EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney to Ed Reed: 'You hurt me bad, I'm a Bengals fan' EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney to Ed Reed: 'You hurt me bad, I'm a Bengals fan'

+2
melbert
Katiedot
6 posters

Go down

George Clooney to Ed Reed: 'You hurt me bad, I'm a Bengals fan' Empty George Clooney to Ed Reed: 'You hurt me bad, I'm a Bengals fan'

Post by Katiedot Sat 04 Jan 2014, 03:51

Not sure why this is coming up on searches today . . .

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney to Ed Reed: 'You hurt me bad, I'm a Bengals fan'

By Ryan Wilson | CBSSports.com

February 25, 2013

Sunday night was the Oscars, the big screen's version of NFL Honors but without Tim Tebow. The NFL was well represented, however; Super Bowl champion and Ravens safety Ed Reed found his way onto the red carpet. Not as a guest, though, but as a reporter for the NFL Network's Rich Eisen Podcast.

For an evening, Reed got to slum it enjoy the fame and fortune that comes with being on the other side of the microphone. Except unlike most of us in this line of work, his subjects actually wanted to talk to him. Even those who aren't Ravens fans.

Take, for example, George Clooney. The man best known for his recurring roles in The Facts of Life and Roseanne had a few words for Reed after spotting him on the red carpet.

"Clooney said to me, 'Hey, Reed, you hurt me bad -- I'm a Bengals fan,'" Reed told SI.com's Richard Deitsch Sunday night. "I told him, 'Hey, man, they hurt themselves!' But it's awesome he's a Bengals fan. I really enjoyed talking with him."

The Bengals connection makes sense: Clooney, 51, was born in Lexington, Ky., and his old man was a prominent television personality in Cincinnati.

And unlike some Hollywood types, Clooney's a legit sports fan who'd previously hooped it up with the Commander in Chief (related note: my god, Spiderman looks awful).

Reed, meanwhile, got to be a fan, something that rarely happens in his line of work.

"Usually I'm the guy not doing interviews," he said. "I'm focusing on my job. So to do something different was fun. I think I did all right."

It got better: Reed made his way backstage and met Jamie Foxx, and "I also shook hands with Halle Berry," he added. "I wanted to take a picture with her but she walked out so quick. Beautiful woman, man."

NFL allegiances aside (and we're Steelers fans), on this we can all agree.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney to Ed Reed: 'You hurt me bad, I'm a Bengals fan' Empty Re: George Clooney to Ed Reed: 'You hurt me bad, I'm a Bengals fan'

Post by melbert Sat 04 Jan 2014, 04:58

Probably since the Bengals are in the playoffs.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney to Ed Reed: 'You hurt me bad, I'm a Bengals fan' Empty Re: George Clooney to Ed Reed: 'You hurt me bad, I'm a Bengals fan'

Post by Mazy Sat 04 Jan 2014, 05:22

melbert wrote:Probably since the Bengals are in the playoffs.  

Right and if I don't have my sports confused again didn't the Bengals just beat the Ravens?
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Sat 04 Jan 2014, 06:11

I don't know about recently, but they(Bengals) have beat them(Ravens) this year.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 04 Jan 2014, 12:28

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

things to know after Bengals beat Ravens 34-17

By JOE KAY, AP Sports Writer
Updated: Monday, December 30, 2013, 4:17 AM EST
Published: Monday, December 30, 2013, 4:17 AM EST

CINCINNATI (AP) — The preliminaries are over for the AFC North champions. The Bengals know their season will be judged almost entirely on what happens in the next game.

Fair enough.

Andy Dalton threw for two touchdowns, ran for another and set a couple of club passing records Sunday in a 34-17 victory that eliminated the defending Super Bowl champion Baltimore Ravens.

The Bengals (11-5) have been focused on the playoffs since long before the opening game. They got bounced from the postseason in the first round each of the last two seasons, losing in Houston both times.

Cincinnati hasn't won a playoff game since 1990, tied for the seventh-longest streak of futility in NFL history. The Bengals will host the Chargers next weekend at Paul Brown Stadium, where they're 8-0 this season. They beat the Chargers 17-10 in San Diego on Dec. 1.

"I feel really good going into the playoffs this time," safety Chris Crocker said. "Different team, different type of feeling. We have the momentum, and that's the big thing. And we play at home."

The Ravens (8-Cool aren't used to heading into the offseason so early. They were the only team to reach the playoffs each of the last five seasons. This one ended with back-to-back losses, and quarterback Joe Flacco playing despite a sprained ligament in his left knee.

"It's tough," Flacco said. "It's disappointing. But we're an 8-8 football team. We don't deserve to be there."

Flacco threw for a career-high 3,912 yards but also had 22 interceptions this season. He said after the game his injury will heal without surgery.

There will be plenty of time for healing.

"Not going to the playoffs hurts," running back Ray Rice said. "I'm not used to having this kind of time on my hands."

Five things to know from the Bengals' latest lopsided win at home:

COULDN'T BE MORE PERFECT: The Bengals are a different team at home, where they've scored 49, 41, 42, 42 and 34 points in their last five games. They went 8-0 at home for the second time in franchise history. The other time was 1988, when they also won two home playoff games on their way to their second Super Bowl loss to San Francisco. They're guaranteed only one home game this time, but it puts them in good position to break that playoff drought. They ran for 164 yards while beating the Chargers in San Diego a month ago.

DALTON'S RESILIENCE: One of his best traits is his ability to overcome big mistakes. Dalton threw four interceptions Sunday, matching his career high, but also threw for two touchdowns and ran for another. He finished one of the finest regular seasons by a Bengals quarterback, breaking Carson Palmer's club records with 33 touchdown passes and 4,296 yards.

ABOUT THAT PLAYOFF DROUGHT: The Bengals are 0-4 in the playoffs under coach Marvin Lewis, who is in his 11th season. They're tied with the New York Giants (1959-80) and Los Angeles Rams (1952-73) for the seventh-longest drought in the playoffs.

"This is the time," Dalton said. "What you've done in the regular season doesn't matter anymore. It's all about what you're doing now."

TOUGH TO REPEAT: The Ravens became the 15th Super Bowl champion that failed to reach the playoffs the following season, and the sixth in the last 12 years. Those Super Bowl swoons are tough to avoid. The Ravens had a lot of turnover on defense, and the offense was inconsistent all season.

"We're the champions," cornerback Lardarius Webb said. "The targets were on our backs. Everybody was coming to knock down the world champions."

A LOT TO FIX: The Ravens couldn't run the ball consistently all season, creating major problems. Baltimore was one of the worst teams at scoring touchdowns from inside the opponent's 20-yard line, an issue that showed up again Sunday. The Ravens managed only three field goals off Dalton's first three interceptions. Justin Tucker set a club record with 38 field goals.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 04 Jan 2014, 12:34

Take, for example, George Clooney. The man best known for his recurring roles in The Facts of Life and Roseanne had a few words for Reed after spotting him on the red carpet.

What ??? Doesn't the writer know ANYTHING about
George's film career ?

Beaten   
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 04 Jan 2014, 12:48

loool
anyway great avatar Mel Wink
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sun 05 Jan 2014, 03:38

Thanks Mel at least I know I wasn't dreaming. Happy for them and then George. xxx
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down