George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Do you believe the George and Stacy split rumours? - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Do you believe the George and Stacy split rumours? - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Do you believe the George and Stacy split rumours? - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Do you believe the George and Stacy split rumours? - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Do you believe the George and Stacy split rumours? - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Do you believe the George and Stacy split rumours? - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Do you believe the George and Stacy split rumours? - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Do you believe the George and Stacy split rumours? - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Do you believe the George and Stacy split rumours? - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Do you believe the George and Stacy split rumours?

+23
m4rose
playfuldeb
Henway
Lighterside
lucy
Lakin460
theminis
melbert
it's me
Joanna
The next mrs clooney
janieb
amaretti
fava
party animal - not!
Dior
Mazy
OofOof
LornaDoone
silly girl
Bidbod
Katiedot
27 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I think:

Yes, she's already on the plane home

Yes, they're going to split up in the next week or so

No, they're going to keep on going for at least another month or more

View results

Do you believe the George and Stacy split rumours? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you believe the George and Stacy split rumours?

Post by Lakin460 Tue 26 Mar 2013, 11:58

lucy wrote:Would love to see him find someone that could be in his life for longer than 2-3 years. But I've given up on MY fantasy, so who knows, with all the women that would jump at the chance to be the next GF of the moment, he could already have her picked out. Someone he met years ago, and the romance has already began by texting. Sound familiar?

Are you implying that this next gf is someone we already know about, like her 'coming out' as his new gf would not surprise anyone? Or are you saying that's how it all began with Stacy, so probably that's how this next one will begin? Clarify, please, cause if you think you know who the next one is, I want in on that little secret.....
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Do you believe the George and Stacy split rumours? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you believe the George and Stacy split rumours?

Post by Lakin460 Tue 26 Mar 2013, 12:02

Have there been any official denials of these split rumors from either camp?
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Tue 26 Mar 2013, 13:01

Lakin460 wrote:Have there been any official denials of these split rumors from either camp?

No I don't think so...everything I've read has been from Gossip Cop and it's never quoted anyone other than a "source close to the couple"...which could mean anybody, even the janitor who cleans Smoke House Productions offices! LOL
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Tue 26 Mar 2013, 13:24

Lighterside wrote:
Lakin460 wrote:Have there been any official denials of these split rumors from either camp?

No I don't think so...everything I've read has been from Gossip Cop and it's never quoted anyone other than a "source close to the couple"...which could mean anybody, even the janitor who cleans Smoke House Productions offices! LOL

Well, see, I find that interesting in light of the fact that in the past there have been official statments made rather quickly denying the rumors of a breakup, but not this time. Now, I'm trying not to read too much into it, but am taking note just in case down the not-too-distant road they break up, then I can claim braggin' rights that I was maybe the first to take note. If they don't break up, then I can throw my note away and act like it never was noted. I'm shameless that way.....
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Tue 26 Mar 2013, 17:10

Okay so I just logged on and in reading Lakin's and Lighter's convo above, have there been more split stories today? I'm missing something I think...Lakin...fill me in girl!
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Henway Tue 26 Mar 2013, 17:54

I say the relationship has been over it is all now PR. We know George can play nice and I think with the future work of Weinstein coming up George does not want to rock the boat. Real question is does Stacy realise its over?

Henway
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Tue 26 Mar 2013, 18:12

No new stories but to Lighter's point of no "official" denials---even though it wasn't from Stan per se some will say that Gossip Cop is pretty official.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Tue 26 Mar 2013, 18:37

OofOof wrote:Okay so I just logged on and in reading Lakin's and Lighter's convo above, have there been more split stories today? I'm missing something I think...Lakin...fill me in girl!

LOLOL No, dear, nothing new. Like sillygirl said, new post on old news. I was just unclear if all these past rumors of them having split were ever invalidated officially. If memory serves me (and all bets are off on that thanks to xanax....) seems Stan or his equivalent, let the press know asap that there was no breakup in times past. So being the speculative diva that I am, I was consulting the forum for input. Lighter came through for me. I knew one (or twelve) of you would! Love3
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Tue 26 Mar 2013, 21:05

I dont think that there's going to be an official Split announced. These two were friends before they got together and I think they'll be friends after they're not an "item" anymore. If you look at the thread regarding red carpet images you will see a gap between their bodies at almost every image. People who are in love and intimate dont usually stand with a mile-wide gap between themselves. This is what I base my speculation in this post on. I think these two will just be good friends for a long time
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Wed 27 Mar 2013, 00:19

As everyone knows I'm in an irritable mood so don't mind what I'm going to say next. In fact, if you are a Stacy fan or George and Stacy fan, I'd just move on.

I guess I find the whole they have been friends a long time deal a bunch of PR BS. If they were such good friends why didn't we see them together before they hooked up? If they were such good friends, why would she have been so shocked when George, who she said in one interview, came up to her at an event and told her she should have won DWTS? Did you see her at any George parties? Was she ever photographed anywhere in his vicinity before they began dating? No. In fact when they started dating, the entire gossip world was in shock.

She wasn't even born when he headed for Hollywood. They have very little in common it would seem from afar, except sports. To me this is just another Publicist line of bull to introduce her to the masses. The "they've been friends for a long time and it just happened for them after George dumped the last GF" line of reasoning.

Here's what this nasty person thinks; I think George saw her in Maxim a while back. I think they may have run into each other a few times at events, but very few times because, let's face it, until George, Stacy didn't attend many A List events. When he and Eli split, he needed some "attention." She was hanging out in Cabo when he was there in 2011 and she was photographed fawning over Cindy. They probably talked then. It was an easy pick for him as he knew she'd be more then willing to join him in Como.

It's worked out for them both. He's had booty calls whenever he wants them and dates for his many Red Carpets. She's now known to people outside the wrestling world and has her own show. Who knows if they're still together. Were they ever "together?" What does seem clear is that this was never a passionate love affair. I don't care what all the George and Stacy are a great couple forum folks say--there's nothing hot between these two. They may be having great sex but frankly, they look more like business partners to me when you see them out and about.

So that's my take on the whole friendship thing. Phooey! I believe that as much as I believe that Stacy knows more about nutrition than I do!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by m4rose Wed 27 Mar 2013, 00:41

So OofOof, how do you really feel? LOL. I agree with ya honestly. Love3 Hope you feel better soon!
m4rose
m4rose
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Wed 27 Mar 2013, 01:12

Thanks M. I think all my friends and family can hardly wait until this irritability moves along. I've been speaking my mind a lot and I don't normally do that. It's been very interesting...think everyone in my family can't wait til this stomach clears up a bit and I go back to my nicer self!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by madsky Wed 27 Mar 2013, 01:38

Oof Sorry about your health issues but I think you are spot on with your analysis of George and Stacy. I know this is the life he chose, but I feel sad for George a bit. In that I don't think with his level of celebrity and money he can have a normal relationship anymore. These types of relationships are the norm and they seem so superficial and temporary.

madsky
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Wed 27 Mar 2013, 02:44

sometimes I throw things out there hypothetically, just to raise discussion. Sorry I caused such a nasty reaction. I think I'll just stop posting so I dont stir up anymore zingers from those who cant think outside the box. I could refute some of those statements with facts, but Im not a person that argues. Maybe this is why the feedback left on this forum is so limited to specific members. For a long time I was nervous to post and wouldnt do it. Sounded good then, sounds good now
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Wed 27 Mar 2013, 03:30

OMG Deb! I didn't mean to upset you. I love your posts. That's why I prefaced my post with don't mind me. Please don't go. I think it's great that we disagree and, frankly, you're a nice person who believes good things in people which is a very admirable trait.

Please accept my sincere apologies if my post offended you and please don't go.

OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 27 Mar 2013, 03:46

Lighterside wrote:
If I remember rightly, the first denial, which I think was about two weeks ago now, came from George's publicist. Gossip Cop didn't name the person but they did say they checked with his representatives so it was an official denial. When the next batch of rumours came out about a week later, the denials only came from 'sources' which could be absolutely anyone.

OofOof wrote: I guess I find the whole they have been friends a long time deal a bunch of PR BS. If they were such good friends why didn't we see them together before they hooked up?
Ok, how many of George's friends do we EVER see together? You know he hangs out with around 8 or 9 men ('the boys) and how often do we even see them together? How often do we see him with his family? His sister?

No one's ever said he and Stacy were best friends, just friends. If we barely see his closest friends in public (when was the last time we saw George and Richard Kind together? Last summer?) then how often can we expect to see him with just a friend?

OofOof wrote: If they were such good friends, why would she have been so shocked when George, who she said in one interview, came up to her at an event and told her she should have won DWTS?
Don't take this the wrong way, but firstly, no one's said they were such good friends, this is something I think you're making up. Secondly that story was the story of how they supposedly met so they weren't friends before then.

OofOof wrote: Did you see her at any George parties?
When have we ever seen any photos from any of George's parties?

OofOof wrote: Was she ever photographed anywhere in his vicinity before they began dating? No.
Actually yes. There are pics of her on holiday in Cabo hanging out with Cindy Crawford at the same time they were on holiday with George and Elisabetta a few Christmases ago.

And I'm sorry to sound like a stuck record but we have really no idea where George is, what he's doing or who he's with most of the time. Even when he's filming in a public place like the centre of Berlin, we can only account for a few hours of each day. The rest of the time is a big blank. He could be anywhere with anyone. For all we know, he could be having dinner in his suite with the entire chorus line of the Wintergarten Varieté theatre. Heck, for all we know, he could be dancing with the chorus line of the Wintergarten Varieté on stage every night!

OofOof wrote: In fact when they started dating, the entire gossip world was in shock.
The entire gossip world has no idea who George hangs out with. They all think he's best friends with Brad Pitt.

OofOof wrote: To me this is just another Publicist line of bull to introduce her to the masses. The "they've been friends for a long time and it just happened for them after George dumped the last GF" line of reasoning.
I tend to agree on that one. I think he got together with Stacy way too soon after the supposed split with Elisabetta. IMO there was either an overlap of girlfriends or his relationship with Elisabetta was over earlier than was announced.

OofOof wrote: there's nothing hot between these two. They may be having great sex but frankly, they look more like business partners to me when you see them out and about.
And the exact same thing was said about Lisa, Sarah and Elisabetta. This isn't a new observation so I'm inclined to think that this is just how George is.

I'm serious now, this is nothing new: go and take a look at all the Elisabetta threads and you'll see how fans at the time were all saying there was no emotion between them and the body language spoke volumes about how distant they were and how this was no relationship. This site doesn't go back any further so you'll have to take my word for it that fans were saying the same about Lisa and Sarah.

I guarantee you that in two years' time when George is with another woman nobody likes, new fans will be writing about how great he looked with Stacy and posting pictures of the two of them together showing how loving they look together when those exact same photos right now are being used to 'prove' the opposite! And once again nobody will believe me when I say that this is his usual behaviour.

playfuldeb wrote: I think I'll just stop posting so I dont stir up anymore zingers from those who cant think outside the box. I could refute some of those statements with facts, but Im not a person that argues. Maybe this is why the feedback left on this forum is so limited to specific members. For a long time I was nervous to post and wouldnt do it. Sounded good then, sounds good now
I'm sorry, I don't get this. I don't think you've said anything to upset anyone. You're welcome to share your opinions just as others are welcome to share theirs. It's not a problem if your opinions and theirs aren't the same, that's just what makes this site interesting.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Wed 27 Mar 2013, 03:52

Thanks Katie. I know much of what you say is true.

I guess I just feel like the "friends" deal is a load of you know what. And, to give me credit I did mention that Stacy was in Cabo in 2011--in my nastiness I described it as fawning over Cindy Crawford. And you're right, we don't see many pics of him with friends but we do see some. Rande, Cindy, Ben, Grant, and even some of the others.

I doubt he gets together often with people like Richard Kind as they live in different halves of the country. And you're right, you don't see many pics of him with family which either means he doesn't see them much or he's crafty.

As far as the other girlfriends, I'm a newbie but have read your archived stuff and realize I'm playing an old record. Anyway, I'm so sorry I upset Deb and thanks for responding to my rant! Hopefully my meds will kick in and I'll shut up again!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Henway Wed 27 Mar 2013, 07:06

I do not buy the Friends thing either, sorry!

If she had been in any kind of friend circle of George's she would have known how to play the tweet game better and not have been gushing over the you know your man loves you in the start. She may have run in to him here and their, but hung out with him, NO!

Henway
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Wed 27 Mar 2013, 07:12

Hi,
Looking at the thread that has their Red Carpet in Pictures, the first few pictures I thought that I could see chages. In the first she doesn't have as higher heels on, she looks at George with some kind of feelings like a real person and he is looking right back.

The second was similar, but as they went on she changed. She started to pose differently; and dress differently and wear higher heels, she is no longer looking at George the same way and neither is he.

Now it seems like she thinks that she is the star and all the attention is for her. She has that look that models have very vacant, plastic and into herself. I could be wrong but that's how it looks to me, either they both are acting or they don't feel the same. Believe me I'm not trying to put Stacy I try not to do that. It's just changes that I've noticed. JMHO
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 27 Mar 2013, 09:28

@ his family encounters I guess their town is really protective Wink
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 27 Mar 2013, 11:16

I understand that George has many many friends that no one sees because that's his private life and he is protective of his friends and his family.
That's not being crafty......that's being very caring of the important people in his life.
IMO just because we are fans of his we don't have the right to know every chapter and verse of his life 24/7.
And I honestly don't understand why it matters to his fans about when, how, why or where George and Stacy met or got together.

Please don't stop posting your balanced views on
here playfuldeb. flower
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Wed 27 Mar 2013, 12:15

Don't you think in Hollyweird World, the term 'friends' has a very broad application and can even refer to a new acquaintance you just had a superficial but pleasant conversation with at a social mixer for some charity benefit where people come to be seen and where you will probably never go to again? (How's that for a run-on sentence, eh? If the Grammar Police were patroling, I'd be in trouble!)
I don't believe they were friends in the traditional sense, either OofOof. For them to promote that they started a relationship from a pre existing friendship is a smokescreen, IMO, to mask the true details of their hooking up, the truth of which maybe makes one or all look bad (i.e. he was seeing Stacy before calling it quits with Elisabetta or it was Rande who introduced George to Stacy at some private party, etc., etc.) I don't know and we'll probably never know. But I appreciate Katie's perspective since she's been a fan of George's for years now.
And I don't think theirs is a purely business deal. Like the definition of 'friends', the definition of a 'relationship' for them might have very shallow and superficial elements, but doesn't make it any less real to them. It's their world and make believe is part and parcel of it.

Playful, don't leave us, baby! It's not a party without you!

Oh, and one more thing.....we DO see pics of George at parties with his friends. There's a whole thread here of some foreign famewhore posting her "just firends" make out session with George on a boat. I've seen pics of him on his yacht multiple times partying with friends. Cindy Crawford was sunning topless in pictures a a George party. We see pics of him at Cabo partying with friends. Out to dinner partying with friends. I get the point that we're not privy to a pictorial of his entire social life, but if Stacy ran in the same circles prior to being George's girl, I think she'd have shown up on an occassion or two. So there again.....friends can have a different defintion for the rich and famous.
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 27 Mar 2013, 13:00

Lakin460 wrote: Don't you think in Hollyweird World, the term 'friends' has a very broad application
Yep, totally and even in the real world there's a whole range of meanings to the word 'friend'. I think we all have friends, some of whom we're very close to and others we're not.

Lakin460 wrote: And I don't think theirs is a purely business deal. Like the definition of 'friends', the definition of a 'relationship' for them might have very shallow and superficial elements, but doesn't make it any less real to them. It's their world and make believe is part and parcel of it.
My thoughts exactly.

I've never really understood why it has to be either a real relationship or a fake relationship for PR. The two ideas aren't mutually exclusive. Why can't it be a real relationship that George is happy to use for PR too? It's clearly not a deep and 'eternal love' relationship but that doesn't make it meaningless.

Lakin460 wrote:Oh, and one more thing.....we DO see pics of George at parties with his friends.
Hmmm, not really. We see paparazzi pictures taken outside of places - pictures that George & co are aware are being taken - but next to nothing about what goes on indoors actually at the party. We've seen George on the deck of a yacht but do we know who was stayed below decks and didn't get photographed?

We never saw pictures of any of George's girlfriends with George before he started dating them. Now, he's either good at not getting photographed with women until he's ready, or he has the weirdest dating style of asking a woman to get photographed in public at red carpet events the same week he meets her.

Sarah Larson went from nowhere to going to the Deauville film festival with him - that's one hell of a first date! Elisabetta went from nowhere to living with him in Lake Como. Stacy went from nowhere to doing the Toronto Film Festival. Ok yes, with Stacy we guessed they were dating because there were rumours and pictures of her coming to/from his house in the weeks before the TFF but the first public pictures of them together were barely weeks after the rumours first aired; that's still a very short dating period.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Wed 27 Mar 2013, 13:16

I think George is a very gregarious person and has a wide circle of friends. Some are very close (the boys), some may not be as close. He seems to invite folks to Como at the drop of a hat so his circle can't be that closed. I seem to recall several instance of people saying he invited them to to the villa after only knowing them a short time (folks who actually did visit, not someone dropping his name just for attention)

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Wed 27 Mar 2013, 13:39

OofOof wrote:Thanks M. I think all my friends and family can hardly wait until this irritability moves along. I've been speaking my mind a lot and I don't normally do that. It's been very interesting...think everyone in my family can't wait til this stomach clears up a bit and I go back to my nicer self!

Oof, I had a lifetime of stomach illness and in and out of hospitals from the time I was 17 with gastric problems. It took a doctor in Burbank Ca. at St. Joseph's hospital in my late 20's to tell me that if I didn't find a way to "express myself" instead of always being the "peacemaker" then I would be in and out of hospitals all the rest of my life with this stomach disease. Emotion can kill you, if it's not expressed or released in some way. Suppression of feelings that we reject because they're uncomfortable to express is a fast way to end up in the hospital with a chronic illness.

Now if you were to ask my family, they'd probably say they liked me better when I was always compromising and trying to keep the peace, instead of being outspoken and telling someone that they or what they were doing was hurting me. But my health improved...so what's a girl to do?

Do yourself a favor and express yourself, no matter what you're feeling or how uncomfortable that experience might become for others. You'll save yourself a lot of doctor money in the long run!

ETA: I just wanted to clarify that it's important to express your feelings but in a "constructive" way....very important detail there! LOL

Last edited by Lighterside on Wed 27 Mar 2013, 14:06; edited 1 time in total
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Wed 27 Mar 2013, 13:42

I totally agree with Lighter. Part of my panic attack/anxiety has been suppressed emotions and conflict. It really does take a toll on your overall health and wellbeing.

Last edited by Lakin460 on Wed 27 Mar 2013, 13:58; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : insert 'my' instead of 'the')
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Wed 27 Mar 2013, 13:55

@playful deb...you've been around the forums for a very long time and you've always presented in my opinion, a very gentle, loving approach to life from your perspective. It would be a loss and a shame for the forum to lose that so like the others, I hope you reconsider. Give Flowers
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Wed 27 Mar 2013, 14:18

Katiedot wrote:Count me on that! PMS-ing like nobody's business and perfectly happy to inflict pain where it's due. Or even where it's not due.

PMS...yes, I remember those days. Now, does anybody want my hot flashes and irritability? Happy advice from the old lady here.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Wed 27 Mar 2013, 15:03

MM wrote:
Katiedot wrote:Count me on that! PMS-ing like nobody's business and perfectly happy to inflict pain where it's due. Or even where it's not due.

PMS...yes, I remember those days. Now, does anybody want my hot flashes and irritability? Happy advice from the old lady here.

Been there, done that MM...and that too shall pass! LOL
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Wed 27 Mar 2013, 15:39

We all seem to agree that we really don't know that much about G's personal life. We comment, guess, and analyze based on pictures we see. I have always believed that G does have a private life that includes women more in keeping with our perceived notions of his life. I remember not too long ago a woman on a reality show admitting that she had been seeing him. She seemed more sophisticated and intelligent than those that get all the publicity. I think the women that get the public attention want it. They know what they are getting into tho it may be more than they expected. They may serve as camouflage which enables G to fly under the radar with his private life.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Wed 27 Mar 2013, 18:35

Thank you for all the kind words. @ OofOof and my forum buddies Hug1
I think I felt "attacked" as leftover feelings from Kimber's forum where it actually got bloody at times and I immediately became defensive. I apologize
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Thu 28 Mar 2013, 04:39

Thank you so much Deb for accepting my apology. Hang in there. Somehow we'll all get through the challenges that seem to be afflicting many posters!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Thu 28 Mar 2013, 13:59

playfuldeb wrote:Thank you for all the kind words. @ OofOof and my forum buddies Hug1
I think I felt "attacked" as leftover feelings from Kimber's forum where it actually got bloody at times and I immediately became defensive. I apologize

Deb, I understand exactly what you mean. I stopped posting there right after the 2008 election because my politics upset quite a few and the attacks on me were exactly that...bloody and very personal! So I understand how you feel. Posting on political blogs every day like I do, you get a little "hardened" because they don't use any social decorum while posting. Most of it comes across as vitriol because their passions run so high on the subjects they're posting about, so it's not a place for the faint of heart. Sometimes it's harder to "switch gears" and remember that this place isn't the same kind of forum.
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 28 Mar 2013, 14:10

I'm glad you used the word "hardened" lighter, cos that's how I cope on here now.
I was mocked when I quoted someone saying "one needed a thick skin on forums" Lol...but to each her own.
We all have to find our way if we feel strongly about some things don't we ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Thu 28 Mar 2013, 14:24

Jo I don't know if you were around for Kimber's forum but there were some very right wing people posting there and when Sarah Palin came into the campaign OMG! All hell broke loose! Of course everything I posted exposed her for the "airhead" and "empty suit" policy wise that she is but boy did I take heat for that. Like I said it became very personal and very bloody, as in "ripped to shreds" kind of behavior, so I stopped posting there altogether. No point if you can't converse civilly about your point of view...much the same as the "girlfriend of" threads.
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 28 Mar 2013, 15:52

OK guys, let's not carry unhappy memories from one place over into another. Pretty please?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Thu 28 Mar 2013, 15:55

Green for Lighter!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 28 Mar 2013, 15:58

I think we do talk pretty most of the time.
Can't help having a conversation about feelings occasionally
as and when it crops up.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Thu 28 Mar 2013, 16:11

Katiedot wrote:OK guys, let's not carry unhappy memories from one place over into another. Pretty please?

Sorry Katie...my bad! Give Flowers
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Thu 28 Mar 2013, 16:15

Joanna wrote:I think we do talk pretty most of the time.
Can't help having a conversation about feelings occasionally
as and when it crops up.

It just happens! Sort of like when neighbors used to "talk over the fence" while hanging their wash...you get to talking about one thing or the other and then you drift on to the "next"....before our time, of course but similar to some of the conversations on the internet you have with people today.

Thanks Oof...hope you're feeling better today and now back on topic before Katie hits me on the head...
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by Carolina Gal Fri 29 Mar 2013, 02:02

I think "dating" in Hollywood world is somewhat different from what is experienced by the rest of us mortals. Getting attention in Hollywood is akin to striking gold in terms of possible contacts and work for aspiring actresses. So a "friendship" with GTC would catapult the ordinary person to instant "here I am!" For the celebrity, it brings about attention, which in most cases, is a good thing to keep them in the limelight so to speak with all their projects. It must be difficult for a person like George as he must know that he gets used/attention from girls simply due to his celebrity and how can he, especially if you are looking for the one special person in your life, to even know if any of these people are real with their feelings or just a bunch of baloney. Although, my guess is that George is savvy enough to eventually figure it out. Just my thoughts this evening!
Carolina Gal
Carolina Gal
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 29 Mar 2013, 02:43

Well said Carolina Gal -
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Fri 29 Mar 2013, 03:35

I gave you a Greenie Carolina Gal. You're going to be a great addition to the forum.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 29 Mar 2013, 08:44

Am I right in thinking that it's been quite some time since His Nibs had an LA-based girlfriend? Think we have go back a while.....mmmm

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 29 Mar 2013, 08:56

Before Stacy you mean? Yes, I think it was probably Krista Allen.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Fri 29 Mar 2013, 22:10

Funny how he's now got an LA based girlfriend and he's spent most of his time out of LA. Ironic!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2