George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Writer's Guild Awards Argo Wins For Best Adapted Screenplay EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Writer's Guild Awards Argo Wins For Best Adapted Screenplay EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Writer's Guild Awards Argo Wins For Best Adapted Screenplay EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Writer's Guild Awards Argo Wins For Best Adapted Screenplay EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Writer's Guild Awards Argo Wins For Best Adapted Screenplay EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Writer's Guild Awards Argo Wins For Best Adapted Screenplay EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Writer's Guild Awards Argo Wins For Best Adapted Screenplay EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Writer's Guild Awards Argo Wins For Best Adapted Screenplay EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Writer's Guild Awards Argo Wins For Best Adapted Screenplay EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Writer's Guild Awards Argo Wins For Best Adapted Screenplay

+5
party animal - not!
OofOof
theminis
silly girl
LornaDoone
9 posters

Go down

Writer's Guild Awards Argo Wins For Best Adapted Screenplay Empty Writer's Guild Awards Argo Wins For Best Adapted Screenplay

Post by LornaDoone Sun 17 Feb 2013, 21:04

Well the Writer's Guild Awards are tonight - keeping fingers crossed that Argo (written by Chris Terrio) wins for Best Adapted Screenplay!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here's the press release:

2013 Writers Guild Awards Screen Nominations Announced

LOS ANGELES, NEW YORK -- The Writers Guild of America, West (WGAW) and the Writers Guild of America, East (WGAE) have announced nominations for outstanding achievement in writing for the screen during 2012. Winners will be honored at the 2013 Writers Guild Awards on Sunday, February 17, 2013, during simultaneous ceremonies in Los Angeles and New York.

ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY

Flight, Written by John Gatins; Paramount Pictures

Looper, Written by Rian Johnson; TriStar Pictures

The Master, Written by Paul Thomas Anderson; The Weinstein Company

Moonrise Kingdom, Written by Wes Anderson & Roman Coppola; Focus Features

Zero Dark Thirty, Written by Mark Boal; Columbia Pictures

ADAPTED SCREENPLAY

Argo, Screenplay by Chris Terrio; Based on a selection from The Master of Disguise by Antonio J. Mendez and the Wired Magazine article “The Great Escape” by Joshuah Bearman; Warner Bros. Pictures

Life of Pi, Screenplay by David Magee; Based on the novel by Yann Martel; 20th Century Fox

Lincoln, Screenplay by Tony Kushner; Based in part on the book Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln by Doris Kearns Goodwin; DreamWorks Pictures

The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Screenplay by Stephen Chbosky; Based on his book; Summit Entertainment

Silver Linings Playbook, Screenplay by David O. Russell; Based on the novel by Matthew Quick; The Weinstein Company

DOCUMENTARY SCREENPLAY

The Central Park Five, Written by Sarah Burns and David McMahon and Ken Burns; Sundance Selects

The Invisible War, Written by Kirby Dick; Cinedigm Entertainment Group

Mea Maxima Culpa: Silence in the House of God, Written by Alex Gibney; HBO Documentary Films

Searching for Sugar Man, Written by Malik Bendjelloul; Sony Pictures Classics

We Are Legion: The Story of the Hacktivists, Written by Brian Knappenberger; Cinetic Media

West of Memphis, Written by Amy Berg & Billy McMillin; Sony Pictures Classics

Feature films eligible for a Writers Guild Award were exhibited theatrically for at least one week in Los Angeles during 2012 and were written under the WGA’s Minimum Basic Agreement (MBA) or under a bona fide collective bargaining agreement of the Writers Guild of Canada, Writers Guild of Great Britain, Irish Playwrights & Screenwriters Guild, or the New Zealand Writers Guild. Theatrical screenplays produced under the jurisdiction of the WGA or an affiliate Guild must have been submitted for WGA awards consideration.

The Writers Guild Awards honor outstanding writing in film, television, new media, videogames, news, radio and promotional writing, and graphic animation. The awards will be presented jointly in all competitive categories during simultaneous ceremonies on Sunday, February 17, 2013, in New York at the B.B. King Blues Club and in Los Angeles at the JW Marriott L.A. LIVE. For more information, please visit [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

For media inquiries about the 2013 Writers Guild Awards Los Angeles show, please contact Gregg Mitchell in the WGAW Communications Department at: (323) 782-4651 or email: Gregg Mitchell.

For media inquiries about the 2013 Writers Guild Awards New York show, please contact Jay Strell at Sunshine Sachs at (212) 691-2800 or email: Jay Strell; or visit online at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Writers Guild of America, East (WGAE) and Writers Guild of America, West (WGAW) are labor unions representing writers in motion pictures, television, cable, digital media, and broadcast news. The Guilds negotiate and administer contracts that protect the creative and economic rights of their members; conduct programs, seminars, and events on issues of interest to writers; and present writers’ views to various bodies of government. For more information on the Writers Guild of America, East, visit [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] For more information on the Writers Guild of America, West, visit [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Katiedot on Mon 18 Feb 2013, 05:23; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updated thread title)
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Writer's Guild Awards Argo Wins For Best Adapted Screenplay Empty Re: Writer's Guild Awards Argo Wins For Best Adapted Screenplay

Post by silly girl Sun 17 Feb 2013, 23:27

It won last night at the Film Editing awards or ACE Awards:

'Argo,' 'Silver Linings' win American Cinema Editors Award

William Goldenberg won the American Cinema Editors 63rd ACE Eddie Award for best edited dramatic feature film Saturday evening for the Oscar frontrunner "Argo."

Ben Affleck's drama about the rescue of six Americans hiding in Tehran during the Iranian Revolution has already won the Golden Globe, the BAFTA, the Screen Actors Guild Award, the Producers Guild Award, the Directors Guild of America Award and the Scripter Award.

Meanwhile, Jay Cassidy and Crispin Struthers won best edited comedy/musical feature film for the quirky romantic comedy "Silver Linings Playbook," which is up for eight Academy Awards.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Writer's Guild Awards Argo Wins For Best Adapted Screenplay Empty Re: Writer's Guild Awards Argo Wins For Best Adapted Screenplay

Post by theminis Mon 18 Feb 2013, 00:20

Wow Argo is just about winning everything, George/Grant/Ben must be overwhelmed and proud for sure...
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Mon 18 Feb 2013, 00:30

I just saw Lincoln and have to say I'm a bit surprised. It was a typical Steven S production but it was written beautifully. Kushner is really talented. I'm so happy for Grant and George but must admit I wonder just a bit about it winning everything. I'm working my way thru as many of the Oscar nominees as possible and haven't seen The Master yet but friends tell me it was amazing as was the cinematography in the Life of Pi. I liked Argo a lot but I didn't think it was amazing. But then, I didn't think Skyfall was the best Bond movie in 50 years either!
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 18 Feb 2013, 02:17

I think Argo's secret is speed - and crowd control!

For those who know the ending it is still on-the-edge-of-your-seat stuff - now that's clever!

Unbelievably fast-moving, so brilliant editing, script writing, (witty too) and direction, couldn't fault it.

Lincoln and Les Miserables seemed grey, long and, well, miserable in comparison.

Not sure I'll be watching 'Amour' on that basis!

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Mon 18 Feb 2013, 03:06

Argo won:

2013 WRITERS GUILD OF AMERICA AWARDS

MOTION PICTURES
ADAPTED SCREENPLAY
Argo (Warner Bros Pictures) – Screenplay by Chris Terrio; Based on a selection from The Master of Disguise by Antonio J. Mendez and the Wired Magazine article “The Great Escape” by Joshuah Bearman

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Mon 18 Feb 2013, 03:10

Argo ! ! Congrats. cheers

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 18 Feb 2013, 11:21

party animal - not! wrote:I think Argo's secret is speed - and crowd control!

For those who know the ending it is still on-the-edge-of-your-seat stuff - now that's clever!

Unbelievably fast-moving, so brilliant editing, script writing, (witty too) and direction, couldn't fault it.

Lincoln and Les Miserables seemed grey, long and, well, miserable in comparison.

Not sure I'll be watching 'Amour' on that basis!

I've only caught the trailer and other snippets so far but was very impressed with the editing and obviously BAFTA was too as it won for editing also.
Congratulations on another Award Argo Coolio
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by cupcake Mon 18 Feb 2013, 13:12

Congratulations George , Ben , Grant , l hope you take the oscar too cheers cheers cheers Superdupercool
cupcake
cupcake
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Mon 18 Feb 2013, 16:15

cheers Argo

amaretti

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Mon 18 Feb 2013, 16:18

good luck for the O's
Vi
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Mon 18 Feb 2013, 16:21

Ben Grant and George are going to need an extra room for all the awards ! cheers

amaretti

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Mon 18 Feb 2013, 16:40

ja ama I love you
Vi
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Mon 18 Feb 2013, 18:08

I love you

amaretti

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down