George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Ides of March wins Australian Academy awards for best screenplay EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Ides of March wins Australian Academy awards for best screenplay EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Ides of March wins Australian Academy awards for best screenplay EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Ides of March wins Australian Academy awards for best screenplay EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Ides of March wins Australian Academy awards for best screenplay EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Ides of March wins Australian Academy awards for best screenplay EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Ides of March wins Australian Academy awards for best screenplay EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Ides of March wins Australian Academy awards for best screenplay EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Ides of March wins Australian Academy awards for best screenplay EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Ides of March wins Australian Academy awards for best screenplay

+3
Dexterdidit
silly girl
Katiedot
7 posters

Go down

Ides of March wins Australian Academy awards for best screenplay Empty Ides of March wins Australian Academy awards for best screenplay

Post by Katiedot Sun 29 Jan 2012, 03:27

Found by Henway:

From deadline.com

Australian Academy Awards: ‘The Artist’, Streep, Dujardin, Hazanavicius All Winners

By NIKKI FINKE | Friday January 27, 2012

Los Angeles, CA – The Australian Academy of Cinema and Television Arts announced the winners of its newly launched AACTA International Awards recognizing International Achievements in Film tonight by AACTA President, Geoffrey Rush, at an intimate awards Ceremony at Soho House.

The Artist was awarded Best Film for producer Thomas Langmann, and Best Direction for French director Michel Hazanavicius. The film’s lead actor, Jean Dujardin, was awarded Best Actor.

Meryl Streep was awarded the AACTA International Award for Best Actress for her role in The Iron Lady.

The award for Best Screenplay had two joint winners after jury voting was tied in this category: the adapted screenplay from The Ides of March for George Clooney, Grant Heslov and Beau Willimon, and the original screenplay from Margin Call for first time writer and director J.C. Chandor.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ides of March wins Australian Academy awards for best screenplay Empty Re: Ides of March wins Australian Academy awards for best screenplay

Post by silly girl Sun 29 Jan 2012, 03:32

Wow that is great....I always knew Australians had great literary taste... Very Happy

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Ides of March wins Australian Academy awards for best screenplay Empty Re: Ides of March wins Australian Academy awards for best screenplay

Post by Dexterdidit Sun 29 Jan 2012, 06:00

I didn't even know this award existed. Good choice though we do love our George, maybe they are hoping he shows up some year?
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 29 Jan 2012, 07:24

Hell, it works for the BAFTAS so why not in Australia too?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sun 29 Jan 2012, 10:39

Exactly give it a couple of years and if they are going to do it in Summer then that is even more of a reason to pop over to pick up an award.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 29 Jan 2012, 11:47

That's great news for the Terrible Two but it looks like
the competition is tightening up from The Artist now.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 29 Jan 2012, 14:20

Even though I really, really, really want George to win, I think that The Artist may do some sweeping up. I haven't seen The Artist, as that's really not the kind of film I like, but I want George to win!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Sun 29 Jan 2012, 16:03

Congratulations George, Grant Heslov and Beau Willimon! No matter what... getting appreciation for your hard work is wonderful! cheers And personally I think you all did a great job! Laughing
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 29 Jan 2012, 16:05

George does only classy films
darling
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down