George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler: Tall Women, Shorter Men and High Heels of Dominance EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler: Tall Women, Shorter Men and High Heels of Dominance EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler: Tall Women, Shorter Men and High Heels of Dominance EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler: Tall Women, Shorter Men and High Heels of Dominance EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler: Tall Women, Shorter Men and High Heels of Dominance EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler: Tall Women, Shorter Men and High Heels of Dominance EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler: Tall Women, Shorter Men and High Heels of Dominance EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler: Tall Women, Shorter Men and High Heels of Dominance EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler: Tall Women, Shorter Men and High Heels of Dominance EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney and Stacy Keibler: Tall Women, Shorter Men and High Heels of Dominance

3 posters

Go down

George Clooney and Stacy Keibler: Tall Women, Shorter Men and High Heels of Dominance Empty George Clooney and Stacy Keibler: Tall Women, Shorter Men and High Heels of Dominance

Post by Katiedot Fri 07 Dec 2012, 12:16

I'm not really sure why the Hollywood reporter is writing about this, but oh well:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Tower of Power: Tall Women, Shorter Men and High Heels of Dominance

12/6/2012 by Merle Ginsberg

Heels in Hollywood have gone from symbols of submission to power as women on the up-and-up barely give shorter guys any pause.

The days of female arm candy appear ancient when you observe multitudes of couples in which the ladies are virtually towering over their powerful men in Louboutin and Jimmy Choo 5-inch-plus spike heels.

And these aren’t men with small egos. But Mick Jagger (5'9") hardly looks threatened next to 6'4" designer girlfriend L’Wren Scott, who in heels seems twice his size. Nor does George Clooney (5'11") cower when 5'11"-before-spikes Stacy Keibler outsizes him. Tina Fey is five inches taller than husband Jeff Richmond, and she still wears heels. Katie Holmes (5'9") towered over Tom Cruise (5'7") when she wore heels -- as did Nicole Kidman (5'11"), who towers slightly less over husband Keith Urban (5'10"). Still, heels are paramount, paired with short dresses and long. Sometimes dresses are procured to flatter favorite shoes.

If these ladies traversed the carpet in flats, these height differences wouldn’t be nearly so pronounced. The way celeb stylist Penny Lovell sees it, “High heels just make everything look good on you” — despite Christian Louboutin’s warning: “High heels are pleasure with pain.”

L.A.-based chic shoe designer Jerome Rousseau explains the phenom this way: “The cliche that men love heels because they make women more vulnerable feels old. In the last 10 years, women fell in love with heels for the right reasons: They feel both seductive and powerful.”

But this is not just an issue of aesthetics, or even sex. Couples counselor Dr. Adam Scheck ventures that “shorter men might have made up for their Napoleonic complexes by becoming extremely successful -- very desirable to women from an evolutionary psychology perspective.” (“He’s not short when he stands on his wallet,” goes the old yarn.) New York-based psychiatrist Dr. Marianne Gillow has a different theory: She attributes the new female tower of power to “the rise of the working mom in the ’60s and ’70s. This created a phase shift. Boys of working moms don’t have a problem with women who take up more room.”

And while it’s easy to salivate over feet enclosed by sculpted, jeweled and wildly expensive heels, what no doubt was originally intended to encourage foot fetishes of all kinds also can be a real pain. Podiatrist Dr. Noreen Oswell of The Foot Center at Cedars-Sinai is always seeing hammertoes, bunions and damage to the balls of the feet. “My big tip,” she says, “is not to wear high heels all day or you’ll wind up in my office. My red carpet patients have one great secret: They take them off under the table.”
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Stacy Keibler: Tall Women, Shorter Men and High Heels of Dominance Empty Re: George Clooney and Stacy Keibler: Tall Women, Shorter Men and High Heels of Dominance

Post by silly girl Fri 07 Dec 2012, 12:45

Not sure either what is up with this story. I don't think he cowers but he does look shrunken next to her. I know a few women who are taller than their partners but I also have a friend who won't date anyone shorter than her. This has been a challenge because she is tall.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Stacy Keibler: Tall Women, Shorter Men and High Heels of Dominance Empty Re: George Clooney and Stacy Keibler: Tall Women, Shorter Men and High Heels of Dominance

Post by OofOof Fri 07 Dec 2012, 16:56

I've got a friend who's 6' married to a guy who's 5'3". For some reason they work together. You don't notice the height diff. With George and Stacy, even though it's only pronounced when she wears really high stilettos, you notice...or at least I do! She does somehow shrink him. May be why she lost so much weight...to try and make herself look smaller next to him. Gotta say, she doesn't do much for him as far as making him look like his sexy self. Maybe it's the age diff more than the height or the combo, but they don't do much for each other look wise.

And can't believe THR wrote this fluff piece because Stacy seems like a very nice person but certainly not a woman in touch with her inner dominant self!
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down