George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney to Speak at Obama's L.A. Concert - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney to Speak at Obama's L.A. Concert - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney to Speak at Obama's L.A. Concert - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney to Speak at Obama's L.A. Concert - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney to Speak at Obama's L.A. Concert - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney to Speak at Obama's L.A. Concert - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney to Speak at Obama's L.A. Concert - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney to Speak at Obama's L.A. Concert - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney to Speak at Obama's L.A. Concert - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney to Speak at Obama's L.A. Concert

+16
cindigirl
m4rose
The next mrs clooney
laetval
lelacorb
lovelylois
barla
it's me
party animal - not!
melbert
LornaDoone
EEOsandy
Katiedot
Maggy
Joanna
silly girl
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

George Clooney to Speak at Obama's L.A. Concert - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney to Speak at Obama's L.A. Concert

Post by Maggy Mon 08 Oct 2012, 19:51

Nice picture, THANKS!

Video not working Neutral
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney to Speak at Obama's L.A. Concert - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney to Speak at Obama's L.A. Concert

Post by laetval Mon 08 Oct 2012, 19:56

Maggy wrote:Nice picture, THANKS!

Video not working Neutral

I have added the link above the vid.
laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Mon 08 Oct 2012, 20:06

Thanks, Laetval.

George and Stacy look great. George seemed excited.

BTW, that video of Ben out with his two girls...ADORABLE I love you
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 08 Oct 2012, 20:08

Thanks laetval for the video. Oh my God, a bomb sniffing dog needed for his entourage. Sad world. Sad
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 08 Oct 2012, 20:13

Thanks Laetval!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 09 Oct 2012, 05:40

[quote="EEOsandy"]
lelacorb wrote: However, the fact that in a little over a year, someone with her background can be spun into someone who is now viewed by some to make an "excellent First Lady" just put a knot in my stomach.
Look, this was just a bit of journalistic fluff (from a British tabloid newspaper no less). It wasn't an actual endorsement of Stacy as a first lady (this is a concept Brits don't really have, although a few prime ministers' wives are working on it as hard as they can). It was just a linking comment that's meant to tie the story of the piece to the pictures. If they'd been looking at a sculpture exhibition they'd have said she's have made a great Modigliani or something. If done well, it can make the writer look really clever. Obvious fail in this case.

EEOsandy wrote: In addition, articles are now calling her "George Clooney's partner," and some referencing him as "Stacy Keibler's man."
Well, to all intents and purposes she is George's partner. At least in public and that's all we've really got to go on.

I agree with you about the second bit because I also get annoyed when George plays second fiddle to Stacy but I can tell you with 100% certainty it gets more interest that way.

I'm sure you've heard me ranting a million times on this forum about how so many people post about Stacy and ignore George in the pictures. As much as I fight it (and fight it I will!), it seems to be human nature. The Daily Mail must have figured out by now that if they write a story about George Clooney they get x million of clicks whereas if they frame the same story around Stacy instead they get 10 times x million clicks. And for them it's all about clicks.

melbert wrote:With George as President: Krista as Secretary of State; Elisabetta as Secretary of Foreign Affairs; Sarah as Secretary of the Food and Drug Administration...
Ohhhh yes!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by janieb Tue 09 Oct 2012, 06:36

I think that Stacy looked very nice. Loved the color of the dress and the shoes were great!
janieb
janieb
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Tue 09 Oct 2012, 09:22

laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Tue 09 Oct 2012, 12:01

Pastor, Minister, Reverend Clooney ! " Stop demonizing one another. " Not worthy LOL!
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 09 Oct 2012, 13:03

Sweet! Thanks Laetval!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 11 Oct 2012, 12:04

A little swipe at Eastwood, eh?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Posted: Wed., Oct. 10, 2012,

Clooney remembers Clint

By Ted Johnson

Barack Obama's campaign shows no sign of distancing itself from Hollywood.

A case in point was the president's final visit to Los Angeles before the election, in which he appeared at a Sunday concert at L.A. Live's Nokia Theater that included Katy Perry, Stevie Wonder, Earth, Wind & Fire and Jon Bon Jovi.

Before some 6,000 donors, Obama tried to make levity out of a lackluster debate performance, cracking that the musicians are "such great friends, and they perform flawlessly night after night," he said. "I can't always say the same."

When George Clooney came on stage at the Nokia, he made a veiled reference to Clint Eastwood's Republican convention appearance, noting how it wasn't always good for a star to take to the stage and speak on behalf of the candidate.

The audience got the joke.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2