George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Would George Clooney's endorsement persuade you to vote Democrat? EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Would George Clooney's endorsement persuade you to vote Democrat? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Would George Clooney's endorsement persuade you to vote Democrat? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Would George Clooney's endorsement persuade you to vote Democrat? EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Would George Clooney's endorsement persuade you to vote Democrat? EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Would George Clooney's endorsement persuade you to vote Democrat? EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Would George Clooney's endorsement persuade you to vote Democrat? EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Would George Clooney's endorsement persuade you to vote Democrat? EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Would George Clooney's endorsement persuade you to vote Democrat? EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Would George Clooney's endorsement persuade you to vote Democrat?

3 posters

Go down

Would George Clooney's endorsement persuade you to vote Democrat? Empty Would George Clooney's endorsement persuade you to vote Democrat?

Post by Katiedot Mon 01 Oct 2012, 19:15

I always have my doubts about these polls. The majority of people think that advertising doesn't influence them and they also believe they drive better than the average person, which statistically isn't possible.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Clooney, Jay-Z vs Eastwood, Duvall — No Impact for Obama or Romney

By Kate Andersen Brower

| Oct. 1, 2012

The vast majority of Americans — 89 percent — say celebrity endorsements of a candidate don’t sway them at all, according to a 60 Minutes/Vanity Fair poll . That’s better news for Mitt Romney than for President Barack Obama.

The president has far more star power on his side than Republican Romney has. On Sept. 18, Beyonce and Jay-Z hosted a $4 million fundraiser at Jay-Z’s club 40/40 in New York for Obama, and actor George Clooney has been a constant supporter of the president’s, raising $15 million for him at his Studio City mansion in May. That’s not to mention pop stars Lady Gaga, Mariah Carey and Gwen Stefani, who are also raising money for the president’s re-election effort.

Three percent say they’d actually vote against a candidate because of a celebrity endorsement; that’s tied with three percent who say it may make them a bit more likely to vote for a candidate.

In fairness, the Romneys have a few celebrity supporters of their own, including, of course, Clint Eastwood (a bigger highlight at the Republican National Convention than Romney, according to those surveyed by the Pew Research Center), actor Jon Voight and also Oscar-winner Robert Duvall, who hosted a Sept.6 fundraiser at his Middleburg, Virginia, home for Ann Romney.

Another interesting poll finding: 19 percent of those surveyed said they would rather their children marry into the Obama family than the Kennedy’s (18 percent), the British royal family (16 percent) or the Kardashian clan (2 percent.)

The August 22-26 poll of 1,218 adults nationwide has an error margin of plus or minus three percentage points.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Would George Clooney's endorsement persuade you to vote Democrat? Empty Re: Would George Clooney's endorsement persuade you to vote Democrat?

Post by The next mrs clooney Wed 03 Oct 2012, 16:41

I think 89% of americans just dont want to admit that they would be swayed by celebrity endorsement. I think if you did a poll asking people what the policy of each candidate was and then asked them which celebrities they were endorsed by I would bet more people would know the endorsements as opposed to the policies.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Would George Clooney's endorsement persuade you to vote Democrat? Empty Re: Would George Clooney's endorsement persuade you to vote Democrat?

Post by Maggy Wed 03 Oct 2012, 20:55

Speaking in general: Has anyone ever read a political blog to see what the masses think of celebrities and politics? Nothing good, and that's because celebrities really don't do much to explain to the public the reasons for their support, all the yeas and nays to their favorite policies.

In my opinion, it is sad when an illiterate makes a vote on a very
delicate matter only because they like the celebrity that is walking, smiling and waving behind that politician.
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Wed 03 Oct 2012, 21:01

Besides, it's not the masses who have the say so on who goes to the White House. It's all a game played by the powers at be. (The puppet's Masters)

(OK, I'll shut up now)
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Wed 03 Oct 2012, 22:08

Maggy wrote:Speaking in general: Has anyone ever read a political blog to see what the masses think of celebrities and politics? Nothing good, and that's because celebrities really don't do much to explain to the public the reasons for their support, all the yeas and nays to their favorite policies.

In my opinion, it is sad when an illiterate makes a vote on a very
delicate matter only because they like the celebrity that is walking, smiling and waving behind that politician.

kind of like people voting for a black president because they wanted to see a black president in power rather than base their votes on what the candidates have to say. (by the way I am not knocking Obama so please dont attack me) Very Happy
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Wed 03 Oct 2012, 22:41

President Obama was PUT in power for a reason.

Things are not as they perceive to be.

I'm not knocking President Obama either, he does have the say so on certain things just like the other ones before him.

(NOW, I will zip it. No more comments on politics from me.)
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down