George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Theory about George's lack of commitment to women which is looking increasingly weird - Page 2 EmptyToday at 15:34 by party animal - not!

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Theory about George's lack of commitment to women which is looking increasingly weird - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Theory about George's lack of commitment to women which is looking increasingly weird - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Theory about George's lack of commitment to women which is looking increasingly weird - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Theory about George's lack of commitment to women which is looking increasingly weird - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Theory about George's lack of commitment to women which is looking increasingly weird - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Theory about George's lack of commitment to women which is looking increasingly weird - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Theory about George's lack of commitment to women which is looking increasingly weird - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Theory about George's lack of commitment to women which is looking increasingly weird - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Theory about George's lack of commitment to women which is looking increasingly weird

+23
Ello
playfuldeb
theminis
pattygirl
Joanna
cindigirl
Maggy
MM
Atalante
NotAvailable
Emerald Berry
The next mrs clooney
Dior
Vi
EEOsandy
amaretti
Best in Category
party animal - not!
fava
Katiedot
it's me
LornaDoone
globalchick
27 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Theory about George's lack of commitment to women which is looking increasingly weird - Page 2 Empty Re: Theory about George's lack of commitment to women which is looking increasingly weird

Post by NotAvailable Thu 04 Oct 2012, 08:18

LornaDoone wrote:Jack Nicolson, Clint Eastwood, Humphrey Bogart, Spencer Tracy, Michale Douglas, Warren Beatty - just some of the famous A-listers who dated, had children with or married much younger women.

I think the difference is that most of those above married the much younger woman or had a long-term relationship with them even if they were initially considered "players." Also, most of the women would not be considered bimbos - if anything - most are far from that!

I think that may be the gist of why we seem to have such an issue with whom he dates.

I just had a weird thought.

Given how much George storyboards his films, I wonder if he storyboards his relationships?

You know, I have often wondered about that too. Seeing how much fun acting is for him, or most film related work, I think its a strong possibility that he enjoys employing parts of his "fun" Roles and perhaps personal ones he may enjoy the script of tho not making a move of it for public consumption. Think our George would always be thinking up new ways and things to do with his women, that border on making some film work that wasn't going to be aired. Loud hailer pityviolin Yeah Right
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Theory about George's lack of commitment to women which is looking increasingly weird - Page 2 Empty Re: Theory about George's lack of commitment to women which is looking increasingly weird

Post by theminis Thu 04 Oct 2012, 08:41

Missa wrote:I've always thought he dates these particular girls to keep from ever having to reconsider his position on marriage. While all of his girlfriends may be very nice women, these are not women he would ever have a long term relationship (more than a couple of years), for the very reasons we've already discussed. I think he could fall for the right girl, he knows he could, and he doesn't think it's a good time for that (if it ever will be). So he simply avoids dating the "right" type of women, chooses to spend time with those who are a little more expendable, and he never has to make the choice between his career and his personal life. No one gets hurt. Well, at least he doesn't.

Missa - thats an excellent theory - I was going to post similarly but you beat me to it
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 04 Oct 2012, 08:43

JoanieJD wrote:But think just for a moment. If he wasn't famous or as rich(I think he would have been pretty rich, no matter what he would have chosen for a career, because of his drive and ambition to succeed), but just the ordinary sort of rich guy, how well would most of you feel about him. That is, you wouldn't have been seeing his face all the time to hero worship, and you only knew some minimal info to go with your possibility of being with him, like the average middle income ppl today.
I agree with you Joanie. His money and celebrity come as part and parcel of the whole package, just as much as his grey hair or brown eyes. It would be impossible to separate that from the rest of him and I think anyone saying different is fooling themselves.

I do think that by dating so much younger women who haven't been all that successful their own career that he sets himself up for golddiggers. That's possibly something that he wants? If he believes he can't tell fake from genuine then he's better off sticking to fake and being able to be certain of it?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 04 Oct 2012, 08:53

Just a thought, wasn't Catherine Zeta Jones about 35 when she married Michael Douglas who was then 25 years older, considerably worth more than her, and he was a huge player (even throughout first marriage). So i guess it can happen and be successful. Theres hope for George yet (if that is indeed what he wants out of life eventually)
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 04 Oct 2012, 09:46

Age thing irrelevant, all about chemistry and compatability.

Mind you, I don 't suppose it hinders if you're an attractive bloke or girl with star quality!

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Thu 04 Oct 2012, 10:03

I don't think his lack of commitment looks wierd. Sure it is not the stereotypical position for someone of his age in our society but it just makes him part of the minority. He seems to be upfront and honest about his expectations and his personal limitations. I think there would be a problem if he said one thing then did another but he has been consistent for over a decade now as to what he wants and what he can offer in a relationship. If people honestly think they can change him, then more fool them.

Isn't a bit judgemental to expect him to live up to someone else's definition of commitment or how a relationship should be? He isn't some 21 kid sprouting off at the mouth. He is a 51 year old who, through his life experience, has made decisions about what he wants, what he believes is in his best interest and what he thinks will ultimately make him happy and content in life. Why can't he get any acceptance - from the press or the fans - that it's his life and he can do with it as he sees fit - as long as he is honest and doesn't deceive those who come into his life. Isn't that want everyone wants? To have their choices respected, valued and accepted?

So why do we expect George to fit into the cookie cutter idea of happiness and how a relationship should be - after he has publicly stated that he doesn't want it and he doesn't believe he is cut out for that role?
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Thu 04 Oct 2012, 10:44

Well, I really like people, who are happy and content with the little things in life, but in this case...
To me LOVE is the only thing that makes life worth living!
Love is warmth, love is the power of living, love is happiness and joy, love is sharing the burdons of life with your partner, LOVE IS EVERYTHING!
And how poor is he, who is rejecting LOVE?
Who cannot appreciate love, when it comes to him?
Who is avoiding the most wonderful thing in life?

Last edited by Dior on Thu 04 Oct 2012, 10:48; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : first typing, then thinking)
Dior
Dior
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 04 Oct 2012, 11:07

There is also the theory that Love is a con by Mother Nature
in order to continue the procreation of the Human Race !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 04 Oct 2012, 11:10

party animal - not! wrote:Age thing irrelevant, all about chemistry and compatability.

Mind you, I don 't suppose it hinders if you're an attractive bloke or girl with star quality!

True - star quality helps a litte or hinders depending.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 04 Oct 2012, 12:46

watching wrote:So why do we expect George to fit into the cookie cutter idea of happiness and how a relationship should be - after he has publicly stated that he doesn't want it and he doesn't believe he is cut out for that role?
Exactly, especially when he clearly has his own idea of what makes him happy. He's not a child and he knows his own mind. I just don'tthink he's suddenly going to wake up and go "Oh my God, I've been mistaken all this time! This isn't happiness I'm feeling so I'm going to have to get a girlfriend".

Dior wrote:And how poor is he, who is rejecting LOVE?
Yeah, but you're talking in the romantic sense where it's happily ever after. Real life isn't always so kind. George, it seems to me, gets plenty of love (and adoration) from his girlfriends. He goes through the honeymoon phase of a relationship and when a year or so down the line the gloss wears off, he moves on. In effect, he always gets the high and not the lows of being in a relationship.

His point about having been lonely while in relationships is a well-made one: he remembers that just because you are with someone for the long term, it doesn't mean it's good or happy. I don't see a huge number of genuinely happy long-term relationships. Some couples manage to keep the love going over decades and they're a joy to meet and be with, but just as many don't. They seem to become room mates more than anything and each find emotional (and sometimes physical) fulfillment outside of the marital relationship.

That's not a criticism by the way; I think many couples in that situation think it's fine and would rather continue that way than separate, but to George who has many options available to him in life seems to reject that because he believes he can do better the way he lives.

If he were to meet the right person he may change his mind, but who knows? Personally I'm not convinced that one person can give you 100% emotional fulfillment, or that it's even healthy to expect that. If he's getting a lot of support from friends, family, his fans, and an emotional kick from being deeply involved in his work which he both loves and is important, then there's less of a gap for the girlfriend to fill.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 04 Oct 2012, 12:58

he doesn't deceive those who come into his life
I don't agree on that

Dior wrote:Well, I really like people, who are happy and content with the little things in life, but in this case...
To me LOVE is the only thing that makes life worth living!
Love is warmth, love is the power of living, love is happiness and joy, love is sharing the burdons of life with your partner, LOVE IS EVERYTHING!
And how poor is he, who is rejecting LOVE?

yes
too perfect
but I guess this is the optimum we need to look at
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 04 Oct 2012, 13:12

IM...how does George deceive those who come into his life ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Thu 04 Oct 2012, 13:17

JoanieJD wrote:After having read a lot of his interviews and watched some personal ones on video, I sort of feel like he got burnt emotional in a way he had a long time recovering from. What I consistently get is that, and the few he seemed to have been pretty smitten with, have made him very hesitant to run very fast into an emotional commitment. I think he may even want to find one who will be more devoted to him, his likes and wants and love him for real. Think he doubts that he can find a woman like that. Who would love him just for him and not what he is, his money or fame. But him. Most of us prolly think we could easily do that.

But think just for a moment. If he wasn't famous or as rich(I think he would have been pretty rich, no matter what he would have chosen for a career, because of his drive and ambition to succeed), but just the ordinary sort of rich guy, how well would most of you feel about him. That is, you wouldn't have been seeing his face all the time to hero worship, and you only knew some minimal info to go with your possibility of being with him, like the average middle income ppl today.

How many sort of rich guys do you come across in your everyday life? Prolly not that many right? So if he was one of those types, how many would have been as interested? That says something important to George. He KNOWS that most women want someTHING or other from him, other than just to really love him. There are of course women who actually could love him without even considering his bank account or fame, but as with finding the "perfect" guy for you is a difficult matter, its even harder for him to find that "one" because of his FAME and FORTUNE.

I guess Joanie that would depend upon the person you're talking to. I've been married to an "ordinary man" for more than 43 years...the same ordinary man, who happens to be a wonderful husband and father, I might add.

And I DID have my pick of "rich and some famous guys" when I was younger but I wouldn't trade rich and famous for ordinary and "dependable" and what I knew to be a good father and husband for them any day of the week.

I'm sure I'm not the only one here who can say that, so it also really depends upon the females he's been encountering as well. Just a thought...

Last edited by Lighterside on Thu 04 Oct 2012, 13:19; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added the quote I was answering.)
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 04 Oct 2012, 13:21

Sure, but what if those rich and famous guys were also dependable, good fathers and husbands?

I agree with you that it does depend on the woman; not all women are golddiggers, but a surprising number are to a certain extent. It also depends on how cynical a person is. I used to work with one woman who didn't believe in happily ever after when it comes to marriage (and statistically she's got a point) so she decided that if she was going to be unhappily married she'd at least be unhappily married to a rich man.

Last edited by Katiedot on Thu 04 Oct 2012, 13:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a more relevant comment.)
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Thu 04 Oct 2012, 13:26

Well then Katie I would have had a dilemma! LOL Good thing for me...AND my hubby, that I didn't encounter any of those, eh? They were all just the "bad boy" rock n roll types, (oh those were the days....) that were anything BUT good husband/father material...so I was in no danger there!
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Thu 04 Oct 2012, 13:33

I used to work with one woman who didn't believe in happily ever after when it comes to marriage (and statistically she's got a point) so she decided that if she was going to be unhappily married she'd at least be unhappily married to a rich man.

One of my three sons is of a similar mind about what women want and I don't know how to convince him that there are worthwhile relationships out there, even though those in his immediate family are stable, he doesn't think that that's the "trend" for our socio-economic make up these days. He was burned badly by someone during his college years and has become VERY weary of women ever since. He seems convinced that most women will leave you for a "better deal" when you least expect it now and I know it's directly related to his own experience.
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 04 Oct 2012, 13:41

Poor guy, Lighter. Of course he's right, there are women out there who will leave a man for a better deal, so how to convince him not all women are like that?

I think that may be a lot how George thinks too.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Thu 04 Oct 2012, 13:47

Well he didn't get taken to the cleaners for spite, like George did because he was just getting out of school but he's probably just as bitter about it as George was then. And I do suspect that even though he and Talia appear to be good friends as exs, that there was much acrimony and bitterness between them for a long time and I do believe that is the one event that can be traced directly back to his current behavior toward women.

Time does heal all wounds but some take more time than others, as I've seen with my own eyes in my son's case.
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Thu 04 Oct 2012, 13:54

What cynicism! What would be life without love? The money? ...... when you are unhappy, lonely and sad you are with money and without money. I agree that money makes life easier, but without love life would be drab! We talked about George ...... George is not well alone (his gf invites all to live with him), in interviews about his life always talk about loneliness. A man who is good alone is alone, living alone, does not invite the girlfriend of the moment to live with him but he attended when he wants. I think George has trouble relating and did not realize that loving also means to play the game not to repeat a script already written but invent a new one! I do not think he's a happy man, content with his work but does not peaceful and happy!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 04 Oct 2012, 16:44

lelacorb wrote:What cynicism! What would be life without love? The money?
Yes, it's cynical. There's also a lot of truth in it.

We all know that love doesn't always last forever and life is easier with money than without it.

George may have tried for love many times and failed. And has now given up on the idea. He doesn't seem to be in a bad place and he's old enough to figure out what makes him happy and what doesn't.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2