George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney makes top 10 in list of Most Influential Marijuana Users  EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney makes top 10 in list of Most Influential Marijuana Users  EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney makes top 10 in list of Most Influential Marijuana Users  EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney makes top 10 in list of Most Influential Marijuana Users  EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney makes top 10 in list of Most Influential Marijuana Users  EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney makes top 10 in list of Most Influential Marijuana Users  EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney makes top 10 in list of Most Influential Marijuana Users  EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney makes top 10 in list of Most Influential Marijuana Users  EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney makes top 10 in list of Most Influential Marijuana Users  EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney makes top 10 in list of Most Influential Marijuana Users

5 posters

Go down

George Clooney makes top 10 in list of Most Influential Marijuana Users  Empty George Clooney makes top 10 in list of Most Influential Marijuana Users

Post by Katiedot Fri 31 Aug 2012, 12:10

Clearly an unbiased and thoroughly researched article . . .

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

President Obama to George Clooney: Top 50 Most Influential Marijuana Users

By Marijuana Policy Project, Thu, August 30, 2012

WASHINGTON, D.C. — Today, to recognize the rising visibility and importance of marijuana policy reform, the Marijuana Policy Project has released our first annual "Top 50 Most Influential Marijuana Users" list.

This collection spans multiple public spheres and illustrates the pervasiveness of marijuana use across all socio-economic groups.

The people on this list have become successful and influential while also being marijuana users, with the greatest threat to that achievement being the possibility of arrest.

The top 10:
1. President Barack Obama
2. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas
3. President Bill Clinton
4. President George W. Bush
5. Michael Phelps
6. Newt Gingrich
7. Jon Stewart
8. George Soros
9. Bill Gates
10. George Clooney

In order to have qualified for the list, each individual must (1) have tried marijuana at least once, (2) be alive, and (3) be living in the U.S. or be a U.S. citizen. We also asked our supporters to adhere to the definition for the "Power 50" list that's used by "Out" magazine, which employs the following criteria: "the power to influence cultural and social attitudes, political clout, individual wealth, and a person's media profile."

In sum, we're not concerned with an individual's popularity, or even whether he or she supports marijuana policy reform. Rather, the 2012 "Top 50 Most Influential Marijuana Users" list is meant to identify people who have used marijuana and achieved high levels of success or influence.

Public recognition of the need for marijuana reform has reached a tipping point, with over half of voters in support of taxing and regulating marijuana similarly to alcohol. The level of influence of past marijuana users will become especially important this November, when Colorado, Oregon, and Washington residents will get a chance to end criminal penalties for adult possession and establish regulations for sales in legitimate, licensed businesses in their states. There is the possibility that this issue could affect the presidential election in swing states like Colorado.

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney makes top 10 in list of Most Influential Marijuana Users  Empty Re: George Clooney makes top 10 in list of Most Influential Marijuana Users

Post by Maggy Fri 31 Aug 2012, 14:27

Shocked
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney makes top 10 in list of Most Influential Marijuana Users  Empty Re: George Clooney makes top 10 in list of Most Influential Marijuana Users

Post by it's me Fri 31 Aug 2012, 15:01

bullsh.....
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Fri 31 Aug 2012, 15:45

if George invited me for a smoke gladly accept and who knows? Do you think it is permissible to dream?
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Fri 31 Aug 2012, 16:42

Not going to try - no no. Halo

Best in Category
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 31 Aug 2012, 19:11

I still wonder what made them think to add George's name to the list. Now, if they'd said Brad Pitt for example I could have understood that because he has that reputation. But George?

Was it his joke years ago about drinking the bong water that did it?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down