George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
JUNE    CHIT CHAT - Page 4 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
JUNE    CHIT CHAT - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
JUNE    CHIT CHAT - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
JUNE    CHIT CHAT - Page 4 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
JUNE    CHIT CHAT - Page 4 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
JUNE    CHIT CHAT - Page 4 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
JUNE    CHIT CHAT - Page 4 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
JUNE    CHIT CHAT - Page 4 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
JUNE    CHIT CHAT - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

JUNE CHIT CHAT

+17
lucy
Merlin
Cinderella
pattygirl
it's me
Maggy
blubelle
Lighterside
playfuldeb
silly girl
MyGirlKylie
melbert
cindigirl
Katiedot
LornaDoone
Lakin460
Joanna
21 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

JUNE    CHIT CHAT - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE CHIT CHAT

Post by cindigirl Sun 24 Jun 2012, 20:08

I think there's comfort in doing and going to the same places. Places that worked for us. There's an old saying "if it ain't broken, don't fix it."
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 24 Jun 2012, 20:22

well
after the fast run
is he finally resting a bit?

(oddDDDdioooo me la sono appena tirata da sola???)
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 24 Jun 2012, 23:28

Lorna re Porthlevan.
That was during a summer storm this month which coincided with high tides. Very unusual for summer time.
There's a beach at the other side of the granite jetty where the waves are at their highest and it's usually quite a normal one this time of the year.
The residents are used to it, they have some beauts during the winter, but there is a safe harbour inside and to the left of the jetty.
Although I was there one November during a horrendous storm when many little boats got wrecked within the safe harbour....
and I was out there trying to get photos !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Wed 27 Jun 2012, 22:40

I learned something interesting today. Did you know that if you laugh 100 times in a day, it is the equivalent of doing 10 minutes of aerobic exercise? So the JOKES AND OTHER FUNNY STUFF thread has a health benefit for COHers! Keep posting them funnies, girls and guy!
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 27 Jun 2012, 23:09

Laughter and red wine are good for the body and soul. Some of you guys are so funny (and not necessarily on the joke thread only) that I must laugh at least 100 times a day. Thanks.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 27 Jun 2012, 23:36

huuuuuh! laughs instead of aerobic exercise?

Coolio 10 out of 10
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by janieb Thu 28 Jun 2012, 01:13

I'm having a Margarita. Does that count?? Drink
janieb
janieb
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Thu 28 Jun 2012, 01:15

I'll be right over! JUNE    CHIT CHAT - Page 4 138593
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 28 Jun 2012, 06:22

Joanna wrote:Lorna re Porthlevan.
That was during a summer storm this month which coincided with high tides. Very unusual for summer time.
There's a beach at the other side of the granite jetty where the waves are at their highest and it's usually quite a normal one this time of the year.
The residents are used to it, they have some beauts during the winter, but there is a safe harbour inside and to the left of the jetty.
Although I was there one November during a horrendous storm when many little boats got wrecked within the safe harbour....
and I was out there trying to get photos !

Thanks Joanna interesting!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Thu 28 Jun 2012, 06:30

Ohhh, I'm so blessed today. I worked with another mechanic for two days on my car replacing the timing belt, which went out while I was gunning the car (I always drive fast). Usually when the belt breaks here, there is a very high chance that valves and rods will be bent and the engine is toast. But I finished last night, two belts (timing and silent shaft) and a tensioner, and the car runs fine. I was very very lucky!! Between parts, and paying the other mechanic to help me $200. Not too bad. My car is like a phoenix; it keeps rising from the dead !
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Thu 28 Jun 2012, 11:43

I rejoice with you, playful! And marvel that you like working on cars. Was never my thing, so when my car has needed repairs, it always felt like such an obstacle, fearing garages would take advantage of my ignorance and charge me for repairs not needed. Anyway, glad to hear you're back on the road! JUNE    CHIT CHAT - Page 4 3806952855
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 28 Jun 2012, 11:53

playfuldeb wrote:Ohhh, I'm so blessed today. I worked with another mechanic for two days on my car replacing the timing belt, which went out while I was gunning the car (I always drive fast). Usually when the belt breaks here, there is a very high chance that valves and rods will be bent and the engine is toast. But I finished last night, two belts (timing and silent shaft) and a tensioner, and the car runs fine. I was very very lucky!! Between parts, and paying the other mechanic to help me $200. Not too bad. My car is like a phoenix; it keeps rising from the dead !

Oh Well Done Little LA Car...just keep going for our playfuldeb..... cos she deserves it !

.....and Well Done playful for fixing it !! Coolio Hello!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 28 Jun 2012, 16:42

phoenix!
what a nice image!!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 28 Jun 2012, 21:36

George's next Italian property? I think he should buy it. One day he's going to need to fund an old girlfriend's home, he might at well build a village! Brahahahaha!!

http://www.tecca.com/news/2012/06/27/tuscan-village-pratariccia-for-sale/
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 28 Jun 2012, 21:48

LornaDoone wrote:George's next Italian property? I think he should buy it. One day he's going to need to fund an old girlfriend's home, he might at well build a village! Brahahahaha!!

I couldn't help laughing at this comment. Laughing You girls are so funny.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 28 Jun 2012, 21:58

cindigirl wrote:
LornaDoone wrote:George's next Italian property? I think he should buy it. One day he's going to need to fund an old girlfriend's home, he might at well build a village! Brahahahaha!!

I couldn't help laughing at this comment. Laughing You girls are so funny.

Cindigirl, I sometimes surprise myself. I don't know where this stuff comes from - it just pops into my head and I just blurt (or in this case type) it out! I laughed when I re-read it too!

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 28 Jun 2012, 22:00

oh my!
a whole village?!?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 29 Jun 2012, 02:24

Hey, that's my summer home! That dude didn't tell me he was selling it! Damn!!! Now what am I going to do????
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 29 Jun 2012, 20:38

Video - playful puppy playing on the beach with a crab.

No sound, but it's still cute.

cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 29 Jun 2012, 20:48

lol! oh the poor little crab...the dog owner really should have
"nipped" that short !!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Fri 29 Jun 2012, 23:30

oh cindi! How cute is that video! I've always liked dachsunds and this one was quite a playful pup! Thanks.

I kept watching with baited breath, thinking the crab was going to leap up and pinch the dog's nose, especially after what Joanna said. Glad that didn't happen.
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 30 Jun 2012, 20:47

My family is on vacation in California, driving around Beverly Hills. My daugher said it is unbelievably beautiful there, pristine, not a blade of grass out of place. The also drove around Hollywood city, described it as a slum, tobacco road kind of place. The kids hated it. So, my son-in-law Dave said it would be worth it to buy a house there just to get rid of the kids. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 30 Jun 2012, 22:13

send them to Studio City CindiGirl so they can "touch" George's gate!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 30 Jun 2012, 23:52

Went to see Steven Soderbergh's "Magic Mike" today. I found it amazing that considering all the hot bodies in the film that I was surprisingly unaffected, possibly, even a bit bored.

I will admit, Channing Tatum was definitely the best dancer - and not so much in a sexy way - despite the fact that his character is a stripper - but more so because he is really proficient at dancing. Surprisingly talented. But he's just not the type of guy I would find interesting.

Matt Bomer was barely used in the film (he's the star of "White Collar a series on USA) and Adam Rodriguez who I think is in one of those CSI shows just don't remember which one - maybe Miami? He was also not that visible. I understand the film was about Magic Mike & the young guy's friendship plus Mike trying to make something of himself other than being a stripper, but all in all, I just didn't care much about the characters so I never got fully invested in the story.

One totally negative for me - Matthew McConaughey. I look at him and he just makes me think that he needs a bath. His sweaty body was a real turn off -- which I'm sure is totally opposite of what they were going for! HA!

The only person in the film that I felt had any real talent (and that was actually used cause Matt Bomer IS talented but was wasted here) was the gal who played the sister to the young guy. I looked her up - her name is Cody Horn. Surprisingly, she did a guest gig on White Collar so maybe Matt Bomer had something to do with her getting a chance at the part. Now she was good!

But bottom line - I just found it okay not worth running out to go see. DVD is probably fine.

I did see the first showing but that's mainly because there are three other films that have opened this weekend that I want to see. Ted, with Mark Wahlburg being one of them. It looks really hysterical.

And for those who may not have seen it in theaters, The Artist is out on DVD. Not THAT is a film that I would highly recommend.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 30 Jun 2012, 23:57

please!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 01 Jul 2012, 00:01

I've not heard of that film LornaDoone, is it a true story ?
I'll have to google it.
I read somewhere that they use baby oil to depict sweaty bodies
in films. LOL

I'd only want to see The Artist because of Uggie !
Don't think I'll spend money on it though, in principle, because of the way it ousted The Descendants & George at the Oscars.
I must remain loyal. LOL
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 01 Jul 2012, 00:12

Joanna wrote:I've not heard of that film LornaDoone, is it a true story ?
I'll have to google it.
I read somewhere that they use baby oil to depict sweaty bodies
in films. LOL

I'd only want to see The Artist because of Uggie !
Don't think I'll spend money on it though, in principle, because of the way it ousted The Descendants & George at the Oscars.
I must remain loyal. LOL

It's somewhat based on Channing Tatum but the character I hear, may be based on a guy he knew when he was a stripper. Apparently, the real Magic Mike is making some noise about his life story being used without his permission - probably looking for some money.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 01 Jul 2012, 01:15

Thanks for your review Lorna. My daughter-in-law and I discussed going when it was released and I thought my son was going to crawl under the table. She must have gone with her sister and girlfriends, cuz' old mom-in-law never got the invitation. I probably would have embarassed them anyway!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 01 Jul 2012, 02:49

melbert wrote:Thanks for your review Lorna. My daughter-in-law and I discussed going when it was released and I thought my son was going to crawl under the table. She must have gone with her sister and girlfriends, cuz' old mom-in-law never got the invitation. I probably would have embarassed them anyway!

You embarrass them? No way!! HA!

Then again, I guess you standing on your seat hootin' and hollarin' "take it off!" might have been just a wee bit embarrassing for them!

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 01 Jul 2012, 03:57

I got stuck over at Crazy Days and Nights and came across this really amazing story that he posted.

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2012/06/best-graduation-gift-ever.html

This one will probably give you some tears. Just say you were cutting onions or have allergies. Those excuses always work the best. At the same time you are saying it, hand the other person a drink. Works everytime. While many high school graduates are given cars or something material as a reward for graduating, Brenna Martin got something way more amazing. When she opened the present she saw a copy of "Oh, The Places You'll Go" which has become kind of mandatory at graduations. But inside, was something her dad managed to keep secret for 13 years.

Brenna wrote about the rest on her blog and her words are way better than mine.

I graduated High School this week. When my Dad said he had a present for me I thought I was getting some cheesy graduation card. But what I received was something truly priceless. Following the ceremony he handed me a bag with a copy of "Oh the Places You'll Go," by Doctor Seuss inside. At first I just smiled and said that it meant a lot and that I loved that book.

But then he told me "No, open it up." ...On the first page I see a short paragraph written by none other than my kindergarten teacher. I start tearing up but I'm still confused. He tells me "Every year, for the past 13 years, since the day you started kindergarten I've gotten every teacher, coach, and principal to write a little something about you inside this book."

He managed to keep this book a secret for 13 years, and apparently everyone else in my life knew about it! Yes the intended effect occured... I burst out in tears. Sitting there reading through this book there are encouraging and sweet words from every teacher I love and remember through my years in this small town. My early teachers mention my "Pigtails and giggles," while my high school teachers mention my "Wit and sharp thinking.." But they all mention my humor and love for life. It is astounding to receive something this moving, touching, nostalgic, and thoughtful.

I can't express how much I love my Dad for this labor of love.

What an amazing dad!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 01 Jul 2012, 07:16

What an inspirtional idea. 2 of my kids are in Grade 1 and prep and I think I will ask their teachers to do a similar thing. My dad had kept every birthday card/invite I received from early childhood and gave it to me when I moved out of home, it was amazing to see cards/party invites from 6 year olds upwards. Lovely thought.

I have another inspiring idea - my favourite pastime is to search the web looking for fabulous homes that I dream of living in, found a beauty in Studio City, close enough to GC to knock on the door and borrow sugar! Now I figure if all of COH's pool our money we can buy this property and use it as a timeshare, HA HA HA
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 01 Jul 2012, 10:01

great dad! Very Happy I love you

(I want to say
I did something like that
and it became really rewarded for a sweet woman who carried so great relieve for ppl in need into hospital
I'm so proud if it

so I encourage you to
do the same
if you can
it will warm your heart too
forever Very Happy)
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 01 Jul 2012, 11:11

That's nice of you I M.

Can you share what you did ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 01 Jul 2012, 11:35

I knew a sweet and so funny woman
who, for long years, helped many many ppl in their frightening days of hospitalization
her latest assignment was into an intensive care section, with ppl with heart probs

then at that time she went on retirement
so I wanted to left her my gift

a little notebook
where (with the help of her most affectionated colleague) all ppl in the hospital who was lucky to know her during those long years
wanted to write a little note of appreciation
about her persona and her humanity

they gave her
into her party of goodbye

(later I know she keep it as one of her most precious item
she asked her relatives to be sure it will follow her untill her last days, wherever she will be)

this is one of my greatest honor
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 01 Jul 2012, 12:50

What a wonderful thing to do for another person, Good on you It's Me, you are right to feel proud of yourself to make another so happy.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 01 Jul 2012, 13:19

I know
it's not so polite to be proud of yourself
but I wanted to share that experience to encourage ppl to do the same
if they can

thank you very much theminis! Very Happy Hug1
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 01 Jul 2012, 13:23

Well done I M...that's a lovely thing to do for someone
and thanks for sharing. Thumbs up!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 01 Jul 2012, 13:24

thanks to you Jo Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Sun 01 Jul 2012, 22:43

what an amazing thing to do. I got a lump in my throat reading your story about the little notebook. Sooo sweet
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 01 Jul 2012, 22:58

thanks
that memory makes myself moving too...
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down