George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Coens Say There’s “A Good Chance” That ‘Hail Caesar’ With George Clooney Will Be Next - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Coens Say There’s “A Good Chance” That ‘Hail Caesar’ With George Clooney Will Be Next - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Coens Say There’s “A Good Chance” That ‘Hail Caesar’ With George Clooney Will Be Next - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Coens Say There’s “A Good Chance” That ‘Hail Caesar’ With George Clooney Will Be Next - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Coens Say There’s “A Good Chance” That ‘Hail Caesar’ With George Clooney Will Be Next - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Coens Say There’s “A Good Chance” That ‘Hail Caesar’ With George Clooney Will Be Next - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Coens Say There’s “A Good Chance” That ‘Hail Caesar’ With George Clooney Will Be Next - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Coens Say There’s “A Good Chance” That ‘Hail Caesar’ With George Clooney Will Be Next - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Coens Say There’s “A Good Chance” That ‘Hail Caesar’ With George Clooney Will Be Next - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Coens Say There’s “A Good Chance” That ‘Hail Caesar’ With George Clooney Will Be Next

+22
PigPen
Way2Old4Dis
party animal - not!
Mazy
LornaDoone
Sevens
LizzyNY
Nicky80
Boshkash
Joanna
GiGi
amaretti
What Would He Say
Carla97
silly girl
blubelle
sisieq
melbert
playfuldeb
it's me
Katiedot
26 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Coens Say There’s “A Good Chance” That ‘Hail Caesar’ With George Clooney Will Be Next - Page 2 Empty Re: Coens Say There’s “A Good Chance” That ‘Hail Caesar’ With George Clooney Will Be Next

Post by Sevens Tue 10 Jun 2014, 10:58

George Clooney, Josh Brolin to star in Coen brothers' Hail Caesar

George Clooney and Josh Brolin will star in Joel Coen and Ethan Coen's new film Hail, Caesar.

The Academy Award-winning filmmakers have inked a deal with Universal Pictures for the upcoming comedy, reports Deadline.

Hail, Caesar is an original script by the Coens about a Hollywood fixer named Eddie Mannix who protected the stars of the era.

Clooney has been a frequent collaborator with the Coen brothers, having starred in their films O Brother, Where Art Thou?, Intolerable Cruelty and Burn After Reading.

Brolin earned a Screen Actors Guild Award nomination as part of the cast of the siblings' 2007 movie No Country for Old Men, and also appeared in their remake of True Grit.

No release date has been set yet for Hail, Caesar.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
George Clooney and Josh Brolin Set for the Coens' 'Hail Caesar!'
While we've know George Clooney would likely take a role in Joel and Ethan Coen's Hail Caesar!, which centers on Eddie Mannix, a "fixer" in Hollywood, circa 1950s, working for the studios to protect the stars of the day. There is no word on whom exactly Brolin and Clooney will play, though I would expect one will play Mannix while the other will play a character (most likely a Hollywood exec or celebrity) who's found himself in a situation that needs "fixing".

The Coens wrote the screenplay and Universal will distribute the picture, most likely late 2016 as I expect the project will get underway soon. Both Brolin and Clooney are Coen veterans and I'd go as far as saying Brolin thanks his career turnaround to the brothers following 2007's No Country for Old Men.

Universal Lands WW Distribution Rights To Coen Bros Pic ‘Hail, Caesar!’ With George Clooney, Josh Brolin To Star

By MIKE FLEMING JR | Monday June 9, 2014 @ 4:16pm PDT
BREAKING: Universal Pictures has acquired worldwide distribution georgecrights to Hail, Caesar!, Joel and Ethan Coen’s latest original screenplay. The siblings will direct George Clooney and Josh Brolin in the starring roles. The Coens will produce under their Mike Zoss Productions banner alongside Eric Fellner and Tim Bevan for Working Title Films. This will be the eighth collaboration between the Coen Brothers and Working Title.

brolinClooney starred for the Coens in Intolerable Cruelty, O Brother Where Art Thou? and Burn After Reading, while Brolin starred for them in No Country For Old Men and True Grit. The last film by the Coens, Inside Llewyn Davis, was released by CBS Films.

coeMy colleague Anita Busch was the first to reveal the details of the Coens’ next film. Here is how she described it: it’s about a fixer in Hollywood circa 1950s who works for the studios to protect the stars of the day. Entitled Hail Caesar, the comical yarn centers on a man named Eddie Mannix who sounds a lot like the Fred Otash of his day — the famed 1950s private investigator who worked for Confidential magazine and was the muckraker of the time using wiretaps to spy on movie stars and gather dirt. Otash was a former lifeguard who became a cop, lost his job as a cop and became a private eye who wiretapped. The project is being put together now. It’s not clear if the Eddie Mannix in the script is based on the man of the same who was a MGM VP, for those of you wondering. The real Mannix was VP and general manager under Louis B. Mayer and Dore Schary. It was Mannix’s wife who actor George Reeves had the affair with. Reeves was later found with a gunshot wound to the head and it was ruled a suicide by the L.A. County coroner’s office but questions have always persisted about the death.

The Coen Brothers are represented by UTA, Clooney CAA and Brolin CAA and Wendy Kirk.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Coens Say There’s “A Good Chance” That ‘Hail Caesar’ With George Clooney Will Be Next - Page 2 Empty Re: Coens Say There’s “A Good Chance” That ‘Hail Caesar’ With George Clooney Will Be Next

Post by Sevens Tue 10 Jun 2014, 11:04

Josh Brolin Joins George Clooney In Coen Brothers' 'Hail Caesar'

NEWS BY KEVIN JAGERNAUTH
SHARE ON EMAIL SHARE ON FACEBOOK SHARE ON TWITTER SHARE ON PRINT |MORE SHARING SERVICES

By this point in the careers of the Coen brothers, they have an embarrassment of past talent to draw upon for the next films. And for their upcoming "Hail Caesar," they've tapped two leading men who have been part of some of their most successful films to date.

Josh Brolin ("No Country For Old Men," "True Grit") has joined the previously reported George Clooney ("O Brother, Where Art Thou?," "Intolerable Cruelty," "Burn After Reading") in the siblings' next film, "Hail Caesar." Even more, Universal has swooped in to distribute the film, a long develping project that focuses on a fixer in the 1950s who works for Hollywood studios to protect their stars.

It'll be the first time Brolin and Clooney have paired up for a feature film (though they both appeared in the 2012 doc "Radioman") and that it's for a Coens pic is really promising stuff. No word yet on when production will begin, but it looks like Ethan and Joel are getting their ducks in a row to get going soon.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Tue 10 Jun 2014, 12:22

George Clooney and Josh Brolin reuniting with Coens for 'Hail, Caesar!' at Universal

COENS PLUS CLOONEY PLUS BROLIN EQUALS OSCAR BAIT
By Gregory Ellwood Tuesday, Jun 10, 2014 1:43 AM
Since breaking onto the cinema scene with 1985's "Blood Simple," Joel and Ethan Coen have made movies with Miramax, Focus Features, Paramount Pictures, Warner Bros., 20th Century Fox, Walt Disney Studios, the long-gone Gramercy Pictures, Universal Pictures and CBS Films. Recently, the duo have partnered with uber-producer Scott Rudin on three straight movies, but now they are taking a break from their "True Grit" collaborator and reuniting with longtime buddies Working Title for "Hail, Caesar!" And, in something of a surprise, news broke today that the film will be released by Universal Pictures instead of the company's mini-major and previous Coens home, Focus Features. Could the Clooney factor be the reason?

According to Deadline, "Hail, Caesar!" is a comedy that centers on a Hollywood fixer, Eddie Mannix, whose job is to protect studio system stars from press, paparazzi and who knows what else. It's still unclear whether Clooney or Brolin are playing Mannix.

Both men have a history with the Coens. Clooney has appeared in "O Brother, Where Art Thou?," "Burn After Reading" and the filmmakers' one movie for big Universal, the box office and critical disappointment "Intolerable Cruelty." Brolin starred in the Coens' Best Picture winner "No Country for Old Men."

This is the sort of prestige picture Universal has avoided since Comcast acquired NBCUniversal, but Clooney's recent string of box office successes ("Monuments Men," "Gravity," "Descendants") might be the main reason this isn't a Focus flick. Plus, no Catherine Zeta-Jones this time around (well, at least not yet).

Whether they like it or not (and we're 99% sure they don't), any Coens film automatically gets pegged for awards season. Last year's "Inside Llewyn Davis" wasn't embraced by the Academy, but when three of your last five films have been nominated for Best Picture, it's hard not to be classified as "Oscar bait." The same also goes for Clooney, who has eight nods and two Oscar statues to his name in just eight years.

No word on when the picture will go into production, but Clooney's slate is free after he recently wrapped Brad Bird's "Tomorrowland" and finished his worldwide promotional tour for "Monuments Men." Our guess is we'll see "Caesar" sometime in late 2015.
Read more at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 10 Jun 2014, 22:05

I know Way2Old has reservations about George being in this movie, but if the Coen brothers are ready to go ahead with production maybe they've improved the script since she saw it. I hope so, because it sounds like it could be pretty funny. I don't thnk he would sign on if he thought it wouldn't work, unless he commited to it when they first came up with the idea. Whatever, I hope it turns out well.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 10 Jun 2014, 22:38

This project has been in the works for at least 9 years (that I know of), and everybody involved is a consummate pro who knows his way around a story, so my opinion of an early script means absolutely jack.

I don't think GC should do a comedy version of a 'fixer,' not even (or maybe, especially) for the Coen brothers. But he may be the support/antagonist, with Brolin as the lead. That doesn't make sense from a business standpoint, but the Coens are unconventional businessmen. Who knows? I don't.

My gut reaction to the screenplay I saw wasn't good, but it's been a while. Maybe it's taken this long to get a fantastic script. I hope so. The one I remember kinda sucked.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 11 Jun 2014, 00:50

Way2Old - If it's bad, maybe George (and Grant?) could have some input and help doctor the script. I can't see him going ahead if the script is really bad.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Wed 11 Jun 2014, 10:28

DP Roger Deakins Will Shoot Denis Villeneuve’s ‘Sicario’ & Hopefully The Coen Brothers’ ‘Hail Caesar’
BY EDWARD DAVIS
May 24, 2014 11:02 AM
“Don’t be surprised when [Rodger Deakins] or [Nicolas Bolduc] pops up for one of these upcoming projects,” we wrote in April. Of course, we were talking about Denis Villeneuve and his two upcoming films, the crime film “Sicario” starring Emily Blunt and the sci-fi film “The Story Of Your Life” starring Amy Adams (the latter, a project Paramount bought the rights for recently at Cannes for a record $20 million).

One of our writers had just spent time with Villeneuve and the “Prisoners” director said he wanted to work with both of his recent DPs again, Deakins who had lensed “Prisoners” and Bolduc who shot the more experimental “Enemy.” And looks like Villeneuve got his wish, as Roger Deakins will be the DP on his coming crime film “Sicario.” What’s more Deakins might also work on the Coen Brothers’ next film “Hail Caesar” (he was supposed to work on “Inside Llewyn Davis,” but he was busy with the Bond film “Skyfall”).

On the message boards of his website, fans asked Deakins what he was shooting next and he replied quite openly, “I am with Denis Villeneuve right now prepping for a film called Sicario. I hope to be working with the Coen Brothers later in the year.”

There you have it, “Sicario” is shooting later this summer and it’s a Mexico/U.S. border crime thriller said to be “No Country For Old Men”-esque (which of course Deakins also shot). Co-starring Benicio Del Toro, the dramas focuses on a female cop (Blunt) and two male Delta Force rangers who cross from Tucson to Mexico to catch a drug lord—but once they cross the border, it's a whole different, more dangerous and depraved world than they were expecting.

We can’t wait and presumably we’ll see this one during one of the fall film festivals in 2015 much like “Prisoners” (which debuted at Telluride and TIFF). Plot details for “Hail Caesar” recently landed so Deakins comments suggest he’ll be working with them later in the year if that production is all set to go and both schedules link up. When asked if the Coens will shoot digital for the first time which is the rumor du jour, Deakins simply says "Don't believe everything you hear!"

Roger Deakins to Reteam With the Coens and Denis Villeneuve This Year
Posted by Jordan Raup, on May 23, 2014 at 5:13 pm
After stepping away for the Coens‘ Inside Llewyn Davis (shot by Bruno Delbonnel) due to Bond commitments, it looks like he’s getting back into business with the talented brothers as well. He says he plans to be shooting their forthcoming Hail Caesar this year after a likely summer production for Sicario. That George Clooney-led project was confirmed last week, following a fixer in Hollywood circa 1950s who works for the studios to protect the stars of the day. So, we can look forward to at least two beautiful-looking films in 2015, and in the meantime, check out a recent video tribute to his work in case you missed it.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Thu 12 Jun 2014, 03:34

This is really trending on twitter, I finally went on after weeks. At least if true, we know that George will still act for awhile. He has so much to give in all areas and in his prime with all those years of learning his craft, he will be missed if his gives up acting. Also trending is the the GTC & JP article. Love you George
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 18 Jun 2014, 05:08

Well George's IMDB page now lists it as in pre-production under his film work so it looks like this is a definite go.

George's Page

Hail Caesar Page
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Wed 18 Jun 2014, 16:51

Yep, it's greenlit. I'm not hyped about this particular project, but I'm thrilled to have some news about George that isn't fiancée/politics/moving related. I hope they rev up to production soon.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 18 Jun 2014, 16:56

Speaking of projects long in the making... Doesn't SmokeHouse have the rights to The Catcher Was A Spy ?  Thought they were trying to put that on the fast track... maybe a half dozen years ago.  George was going to play the lead.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Wed 18 Jun 2014, 17:21

You know, that's a good question, for several reasons.

I remember when GC acquired the rights. That was probably in 2000 or 2001 (I wasn't a big GC follower then, but I'm a baseball fanatic so knew about the book). The thing is, I don't know if he bought the rights himself, or if his previous production company with Soderbergh (sp?) bought them. In either case, the movie rights might have expired by now, if the writer put such a clause in the agreement. George could have renewed, and either still have them himself or taken the rights with him to Smokehouse. Or the rights reverted and the writer has them back or somebody else bought them.

Maybe George decided not to do two spy movies after they put Our Brand Is Crisis in motion.

George must have had a fascination with entertainment-figures-as-spies for a while, considering he also did Confessions of a Dangerous Mind.

Interesting question. I must find the answer now.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Wed 18 Jun 2014, 17:43

I think that George starts a lot of projects that he loses interest in or do not come to fruition.  Way2 --is that common in the film business?  I was really looking forward to Monster of Florence, but not sure now it's really going to happen.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Wed 18 Jun 2014, 17:51

I don't think it's common to lose interest in something you liked enough to buy, but it does happen quite often that certain projects fall by the wayside because they don't get financing or a good distribution deal or a script that's to everyone's liking, or something like that. Sometimes the timing doesn't work out for all the principals  -- if you have an actor/director/producer who already has 3 movies lined up before s/he can do yours, you basically take a number and hope everything else still works when s/he can get to you. Sometimes it doesn't. Happens all the time.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 19 Jun 2014, 19:09

fava wrote:I think that George starts a lot of projects that he loses interest in or do not come to fruition.  Way2 --is that common in the film business?  I was really looking forward to Monster of Florence, but not sure now it's really going to happen.

Me too...Not sure what to think of this one now.....This will be more like a comedy right?
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 19 Jun 2014, 19:53

Yeah, but it's the Coens' brand of comedy, so I wouldn't be expecting to slap my knees in laughter or anything.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Wed 25 Jun 2014, 02:50

Channing Tatum, Tilda Swinton, Ralph Fiennes Joining Coen Brothers' 'Hail, Caesar!' (Exclusive)
10:39 AM PDT 6/24/2014 by Borys Kit, Rebecca Ford
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The film tells the comedic tale of Eddie Mannix, a fixer who worked for the Hollywood studios in the 1950s.

Channing Tatum, Ralph Fiennes and Tilda Swinton are in negotiations to join George Clooney and Josh Brolin in Hail, Caesar!, the Hollywood-set period comedy being made by Joel and Ethan Coen.

The Coens are producing under their Mike Zoss Productions banner alongside Working Title Films' Eric Fellner and Tim Bevan. Universal is distributing the movie.

Caesar tells the comedic tale of Eddie Mannix, a fixer who worked for the Hollywood studios in the 1950s.
As befitting a Coen brothers movie, many colorful characters populate the script, with the roles hearkening back to Hollywood’s golden age.

Tatum’s role is described as a Gene Kelly-type star while Fiennes would play Laurence Lorenz, a studio director, and Swinton will portray a powerful Hollywood gossip columnist.
Tatum most recently starred in the hit comedy sequel 22 Jump Street. His upcoming films include the Wachowski’s sci-fi epic Jupiter Ascending and wrestling drama Foxcatcher. He’s repped by UTA and Management 360.

Swinton’s recent credits include Snowpiercer and The Grand Budapest Hotel. She’s repped by UTA, Hamilton Hodell in the U.K. and Peikoff Mahan.
Fiennes also starred in Wes Anderson's The Grand Budapest Hotel along with Swinton. His other recent credits include The Invisible Woman, which he also directed, and Skyfall. He's repped by CAA and Dalzell & Beresford.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 25 Jun 2014, 03:51

I know Way2Old doesn't think George should do this, but the cast lineup is fantastic. With actors like these in the movie how bad could it be? - Well, on second thought, I guess it could be a real stinker if they all indulge themselves in having a good time working together and forget about the end result. Somehow, though, I don't think that will happen.I'm really looking forward to this one.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Boshkash Wed 25 Jun 2014, 04:13

Well, sometimes when an actor chooses an unexpected role, a good thing happens:) looks like a great cast, he is really working with new and various people lately, which is good..

Boshkash
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by lionheart Wed 25 Jun 2014, 12:10

I'm probably not going to watch George's movie anymore after Tomorrowland but wow, what a lineup. I'm sure I'll be tempted when the day comes.

lionheart
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Boshkash Wed 25 Jun 2014, 12:30

I find his work as an actor is more interesting than as a director, but why would stop watching his work Lion??

Boshkash
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by lionheart Wed 25 Jun 2014, 14:27

His movies are ok. I enjoyed Monuments Men but I dont have much interest in Hollywood anymore. I continue to watch George out of loyalty. With the recent happenings, I think I want to take the chance to break my habit.

lionheart
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Boshkash Thu 26 Jun 2014, 02:21

Yeah, I understand, I've found British actors and works to be way much better and more effective..so all is good.

Boshkash
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 26 Jun 2014, 10:08

Interesting read here.....

Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Coens Say There’s “A Good Chance” That ‘Hail Caesar’ With George Clooney Will Be Next - Page 2 Empty Scarlett Johansson in Talks for Coen Brothers’ ‘Hail Caesar!’ (EXCLUSIVE)

Post by Sevens Thu 10 Jul 2014, 02:47

Scarlett Johansson in Talks for Coen Brothers’ ‘Hail Caesar!’ (EXCLUSIVE)
JULY 9, 2014 | 12:42PM PT
Justin Kroll
Film Reporter
@krolljvar
Scarlett Johansson is in talks to join the Coen brothers’ drama “Hail Caesar.”

Jonah Hill is also in talks to join the cast.

She would join Josh Brolin and George Clooney. Channing Tatum, Tilda Swinton and Ralph Fiennes are also in negotiations to co-star.

Universal will distribute with the Coens producing, along with Eric Fellner and Tim Bevan for Working Title Films.

The story follows a Hollywood fixer in the 1950s who is working to keep a studio’s stars in line.

Johansson will play an actress who suddenly becomes pregnant as her film is about to go into production. It’s a good fit, since Johansson announced in March that she was pregnant. She is engaged to Romain Dauriac.

The plan is to go into production this fall and given the size of the cast, Johansson’s role is not expected to take very long to shoot.

She can be seen next in Universal’s “Lucy” and just wrapped production on Marvel’s “Avengers: Age of Ultron.” She is repped by CAA and LBI Entertainment.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Thu 10 Jul 2014, 02:58

Jonah Hill Joining Channing Tatum, George Clooney in Coen Brothers' 'Hail, Caesar!'
2:46 PM PST 07/09/2014 by Borys Kit
Josh Brolin, Ralph Fiennes and Tilda Swinton are also in the comedy. Scarlett Johansson is in early talks to join the production.

Jonah Hill is in negotiations to join the all-star cast of Hail, Caesar!, the Hollywood-set period comedy being made by Joel and Ethan Coen, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Caesar tells the comedic tale of Eddie Mannix, a fixer who worked for the Hollywood studios in the 1950s, and has a roll call that includes George Clooney, Josh Brolin, Channing Tatum, Ralph Fiennes and Tilda Swinton.
LIST Hollywood's 100 Favorite Films
Also, Scarlett Johansson is in early talks to join the production as well.
The Coens are producing under their Mike Zoss Productions banner alongside Working Title Films' Eric Fellner and Tim Bevan. Universal is distributing the movie.
Jonah Hill in Talks to Reteam With Channing Tatum on Coen Brothers’ ‘Hail, Caesar!’ (Exclusive)
MOVIES | By Jeff Sneider on July 9, 2014 @ 2:17 pm
The Oscar nominee currently stars in two hit sequels — “22 Jump Street” and “How to Train Your Dragon 2”

There's a “Jump Street” reunion on the horizon, as two-time Oscar nominee Jonah Hill is in talks to join Channing Tatum in the Coen brothers’ showbiz movie “Hail, Caesar!,” TheWrap has learned.

George Clooney and Josh Brolin are set to star, while Channing Tatum, Tilda Swinton and Ralph Fiennes are in negotiations to join them. Scarlett Johansson is also in talks for the star-studded ensemble.

Set in the Golden Age of Hollywood, story follows Eddie Mannix, a fixer tasked with keeping the salacious scandals of the town's biggest stars out of the press. Tatum will play one such movie star, while Fiennes will play a director and Swinton a gossip columnist.

Also read: Channing Tatum, Jonah Hill's '22 Jump Street’ Slays ‘Dragon 2' at Box Office With $60 Million (Video)

Hill's role is being kept under wraps, and it's unclear whether he'll share scenes with Tatum, though the two have displayed strong chemistry together in the hit “Jump Street” franchise.

Universal is distributing the film, which the Coens are producing with Working Title's Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Boshkash Thu 10 Jul 2014, 06:39

Ok, this is getting a bit crammed and awkward!  I don't know, would it be the Grand Budapest Hotel?? so many stars, so little things to say? I mean, I wouldn't imagine a movie with these actors on it working together, but will wait and see..

Boshkash
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Thu 10 Jul 2014, 07:09

Hey but the Budapest Hotel is definitely my No.1. film so far this year!
Great film and the best work from Anderson.
Too much to expect from this one.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Boshkash Thu 10 Jul 2014, 08:14

I loved too, what I meant is would it be like that in which huge names do a scene or two and disappear ?  It took a different direction than what I thought, and the names are a bit not what the Coens usually coaperate with.. Still, looks good.

Boshkash
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 10 Jul 2014, 09:01

Merged threads
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Thu 10 Jul 2014, 09:49

It's been confirmed by Hill himself...
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 10 Jul 2014, 13:29

I can't work out which role George would play
in this film ?
Anyone know ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Thu 10 Jul 2014, 13:34

According to IMDB and some reports, George has always been that main role "fixer".
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 10 Jul 2014, 13:49

Ah thank you Sevens....that sounds good then.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Thu 10 Jul 2014, 14:15

Joanna wrote:Ah thank you Sevens....that sounds good then.
Actually I have a pic for this brilliant cast:
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 10 Jul 2014, 14:21

Looks great sevens....Now I want to see that movie  Thumbs up!
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Thu 10 Jul 2014, 14:47

Better be classy ! A lot of American movies just get 1 or 2 stars out of 5 by European reviews, so ... .  tongue
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Thu 10 Jul 2014, 15:18

bounce bounce bounce 

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 10 Jul 2014, 18:16

Thanks even more Sevens.  Sofa bounce 
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Boshkash Fri 11 Jul 2014, 06:55

Coens don't do classy, they do weird and dark and humorous Smile

Boshkash
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Fri 11 Jul 2014, 17:39

I know but even that should be " classy " as in damned good sinon  Zzzzz
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sun 27 Jul 2014, 05:07

Here's what Scarlett Johansson recently said about her part in this:
Speaking of career-defining moments, there are rumors floating around that you are going to be in “Hail, Caesar!” -- the new Coen brothers movie. Can you speak to that?
No, not really, but I know the project and I think there are talks of working that out! I would love to be able to work with the Coen brothers again -- it’s been a decade or more [since "The Man Who Wasn't There" in 2001] -- and I’m always grateful for the opportunity to collaborate time and again with someone. I see that as a compliment. And it’s another opportunity to try and get it right, so hopefully that will come true, that will happen.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Wed 30 Jul 2014, 01:59

Some guesses on the casting:

Jonah Hill Joins Tatum and Clooney in Coen Brothers’ ‘Hail, Caesar!’
Added by Andres Loubriel on July 14, 2014.

Jonah Hill has recently joined Channing Tatum and George Clooney in the Academy Award winning Coen Brothers’ new film Hail, Caesar! The notable directors’ new comedy’s cast also includes the likes of Ralph Fiennes, who is hot off starring in the critically acclaimed Wes Anderson feature The Grand Budapest Hotel, Tilda Swinton, who recently starred in the dark vampire romance Only Lovers Left Alive, and Josh Brolin, the Oscar nominated actor who previously worked with Joel and Ethan Coen in the Best Picture winning No Country For Old Men, as well as their multiple Oscar nominated remake of the Western classic True Grit. The production staff is also reportedly pursuing Scarlett Johansson to star as well, who also worked with the Coens in their black and white noir drama The Man Who Wasn’t There.

The film is set in Hollywood’s golden era and tells the comedic story of Eddie Mannix, a fixer who worked for the studios in the 1950s. George Clooney will be playing Mannix. The details of Jonah Hill’s role have not yet been released. The film is being produced under the writer/directors’ Mike Zoss Productions banner alongside Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner at Title Films. Jonah Hill and the rest of the cast will interact with Clooney’s Mannix as he desperately tries to keep Hollywood’s biggest stars’ scandals away from the public eye.

Channing Tatum will play one of these stars. Ralph Fiennes will take the role as fictional filmmaker Laurence Lorenz. Tilda Swinton will play the film’s Hollywood’s gossip columnist, Hedda Hopper. Josh Brolin will play Howard Strickling, and the details of his character have not yet surfaced. Observers who are following the film are eagerly waiting for the details of Jonah Hill’s and Scarlett Johansson’s characters.

Hypotheses have already emerged that Hill will play a raucous but controversial comedian ala Fatty Arbuckle, and Johansson will play a gorgeous Hollywood actress who is in demand like Gloria Swanson’s Norman Desmond character in Sunset Blvd. before she became old and forgotten. Filming is expected to take place in the fall, and Universal will distribute the film. No release date has been given, but it is believed to be 2015.

Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum have already starred together in the surprise hit 21 Jump Street and the successful sequel 22 Jump Street which has grossed $230 million thus far. Hill will next star opposite James Franco in the 2015 thriller True Story. He recently garnered an Oscar nomination for his portrayal of the drug addicted, foul-mouthed Wall Street stockbroker in Martin Scorsese’s The Wolf of Wall Street, and he is slated to star once again with Leonardo Dicaprio in a new Richard Jewell film. Hill also provided his voice for the new DreamWorks animated film How to Train Your Dragon 2. Jonah Hill is represented by William Morris Endeavour (WME), and managed by Rick Yorn and Ian Montone of LBI Entertainment. The Coen brothers most recently wrote and directed the critically acclaimed Inside Llewelyn Davis, which garnered multiple Golden Globe and Academy Award nominations.

By Andres Loubriel

Read more at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 30 Jul 2014, 02:07

Oh wow, this sounds so great! Oddly, I really love Hollywoodland where Eddie Mannix and Strickling are featured. This sounds like such a return to form for George.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Wed 30 Jul 2014, 02:17

Oh WOW, Welcome back Katie. George has been confirmed to star in Money Monster directed by Jodie Foster, and its plot sounds attractive as well, do you know that news?
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Wed 03 Sep 2014, 01:45

Alden Ehrenreich Joins Cast of Coen Brothers’ ‘Hail Caesar!’ (EXCLUSIVE)
SEPTEMBER 2, 2014 | 03:16PM PT
Justin Kroll
Film Reporter
@krolljvar
Alden Ehrenreich is in talks to join the cast of the Coen Brothers’ latest dramedy “Hail Caesar!”

He joins Josh Brolin, George Clooney, Channing Tatum, Jonah Hill and Scarlett Johansson in the pic.

Universal will distribute with the Coens producing, along with Eric Fellner and Tim Bevan for Working Title Films.

The story follows a Hollywood fixer in the 1950s who is working to keep a studio’s stars in line.

“Hail Ceasar!” looks to follow in the steps of so many other films from the siblings where actors and actresses are doing whatever they can to be involved in the project some way.

Ehrenreich was last seen in “Blue Jasmine” and recently wrapped production on the untitled Warren Beatty project.

He is repped by CAA and Brillstein Entertainment.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 03 Sep 2014, 16:40

Looks like George will be competing against himself in2015. He's got "Tomorrowland" coming out, "Our Brand Is Crisis", and now maybe this, too - if they all release next year. Then, of course, there's "Money Monster". He's going to be very, very busy.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 03 Sep 2014, 18:51

Small part, tho, in Or Brand'. Clever move - bet it got them some more finance.......but I digress. Sorry, Nicki

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 05 Sep 2014, 02:28

It wont stop...Frances McDormand said herself that she'll have a part in it.
Who’s directing that one? The hubby?

Nobody yet! But with that, I believe I have a part in their next film and I’m very excited about it. It’s called Hail, Caesar!
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by iamnoone Fri 05 Sep 2014, 02:56

I KNEW EDDIE MANNIX name sounded familiar.  anyone remember the movie about george reeves (Superman from 50's) ?  Name of movie was Hollywoodland,  Ben Affleck played George Reeves, Dianne Lane played Eddie Mannix wife and Bob Hoskins played Eddie Mannix.   Eddie is "associated" with George Reeves death.  (rumors rumors but I've never bought george committed suicide!)

i'm really excited about this project I hope George plays this role.

iamnoone
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next