George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Stacy Keibler to guest star in 'Men at Work' EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Stacy Keibler to guest star in 'Men at Work' EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Stacy Keibler to guest star in 'Men at Work' EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Stacy Keibler to guest star in 'Men at Work' EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Stacy Keibler to guest star in 'Men at Work' EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Stacy Keibler to guest star in 'Men at Work' EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Stacy Keibler to guest star in 'Men at Work' EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Stacy Keibler to guest star in 'Men at Work' EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Stacy Keibler to guest star in 'Men at Work' EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Stacy Keibler to guest star in 'Men at Work'

+14
EEOsandy
silly girl
davidarochelle
lucy
lelacorb
annemarie
Snoopy
The next mrs clooney
Lakin460
melbert
watching
Katiedot
Joanna
lovelylois
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Stacy Keibler to guest star in 'Men at Work' Empty Stacy Keibler to guest star in 'Men at Work'

Post by lovelylois Thu 26 Apr 2012, 21:13

0n Stacy Twitter today - I guess she is on a new show called Men At Work

Stacy Keibler ‏ @StacyKeibler Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Excited to work on set today with my friend @dannymasterson & his new show @MenAtWorkTBS. You guys will love this show! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Description of show from IMBD She is not listed.

When Milo is thrust into single life after discovering his girlfriend has been cheating, he finds comfort in three best friends who help reinvent his manhood with the promise of sex, alcohol and some serious bromance.

Director: Mark Cendrowski
Writer: Breckin Meyer
Stars: Danny Masterson, James Lesure and Michael Cassidy

lovelylois
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Stacy Keibler to guest star in 'Men at Work' Empty Stacy Keibler to star in 'Men at Work'

Post by Joanna Thu 26 Apr 2012, 21:21

Stacy is mentioned on this twitter

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Stacy Keibler to guest star in 'Men at Work' Empty Re: Stacy Keibler to guest star in 'Men at Work'

Post by Katiedot Fri 27 Apr 2012, 04:54

A bit more on this, thanks to Henway. No word on how many episodes she's on, so I'd guess it's just the one:

J.K. Simmons, Stacy Keibler And Kathy Najimy To Guest Star On TBS' Men At Work

Author: Kelly Westpublished: 2012-04-26 10:27:38

If you've been watching TBS lately, you may have noticed that the cable network has already begun promoting their upcoming comedy series Men at Work. Production is not only underway for the series, which premieres next month, but it already has a few guest stars lined up to make an appearance.

Set to premiere on Thursday, May 24, the Breckin Meyer created comedy Men at Work stars Danny Masterson, Michael Cassidy, Adam Busch and James Lesure as four buddies who work together at a magazine. Masterson plays Milo, a recently dumped guy whom his friends hope to get back into the single scene. Meyer's involvement, the promising cast and bro-focused plot all contribute to the appeal of the series. As do the recently announced guest stars.

TBS shared word today that Stacy Keibler, J.K. Simmons, and Kathy Najimy have all signed on to guest star in the show at some point. Known for her work as an actress, model and wrestler (and for being George Clooney's girlfriend), Keibler is set to play a woman who "hooks up with Milo and Gibbs at a bar and offers them an interesting proposition." Interesting… We could jump to all the wrong conclusions based on that vague description. Or maybe the right ones.

Meanwhile, J.K. Simmons will play "P.J. Jordan, the stern and demanding publisher of the magazine where the guys work. He also happens to be the father of Neal's girlfriend, Amy." Maybe this is just the geek in me talking, but the name and description sound like a fairly big nod to Simmons' take on the demanding newspaper editor J. Jonah Jameson in the Spiderman movies. Whether or not that proves to be the case, Simmons is awesome, so this is a casting win for the series.

Finally, Kathy Najimy is set to play Sasha Ryan, "a well-known sex blogger being interviewed by Tyler and photographed by Gibbs…and attracting the attention of both." If the name's not jumping out at you, perhaps you remember her from her roles in Veronica's Closet, Sister Act, or Rat Race, the latter of which connects her with Men at Work creator Breckin Meyer. I sort of love the idea of her playing a sex blogger. Another casting win and even more reason to look forward to TBS' new comedy.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Stacy Keibler to guest star in 'Men at Work' Empty Re: Stacy Keibler to guest star in 'Men at Work'

Post by watching Fri 27 Apr 2012, 05:12

Sounds like a knockoff of the New Girl - but without the girl.
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sat 28 Apr 2012, 02:31

Stacy was speaking on set to Terri Seymour of ExtraTV on the set of the new show so she is at least getting the show some press. Terri is the ex of Simon Cowell - wonder if they had a chat about how to ensure one hell of a payout when it hiots splitsville. Terri walked away with millions in cash and property.

Terri Seymour ‏@TerriSeymour
Chatted with the lovely @StacyKeibler on the set of @dannymasterson's new show @MenAtWorkTbs! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
9:56 AM - 27 Apr 12via web · Details
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 27 May 2012, 00:26

Well, I took the bullet for ya'll and watched the first two episodes of Men at Work. No appearance from our Stacy yet, but there's 8 more episodes that haven't aired yet. I'm here to tell you that it probably was the loooooooooooooongest hour I've wasted in my whole life. Just sad, really sad. If you don't believe me:

melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Sun 27 May 2012, 00:48

That is sooo funny, Mel, cause I almost posted today that I watched it too and that it was a weak comedy at best and that Stacy's level of acting talent would fit right in with the other principle players! I agree - NOT time well spent. I hate canned laughter anyway, but it even seemed to me that their comedic timing was way off. IMO
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 27 May 2012, 01:00

I was wondering why she hadn't twitted it was on and be sure to watch it. I guess she'll only twit when HER episode is on. At least I won't have to suffer through it on TV. If I WANT to watch her episode, I can do it online and then CLICK it OFF!!!!! But, I'm a "deer in the headlights" kinda girl, and it's sometimes hard for me to turn away from a crash, so...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sun 27 May 2012, 03:08

Thanks Melbert for taking one for the team Very Happy I was gonna watch it but decided that cleaning the bathroom would probably be more fun.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoopy Sun 27 May 2012, 04:31

I watched it too, and Melbert was very nice in her description of the show being just 'sad'. Relieved I taped the show, after the first show I deleted it along with the second one. The canned laughter was very annoying and seemed like it ran continously.
Snoopy
Snoopy
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sun 27 May 2012, 10:15

It''s not good? That is disappointing as I adored him in That 70's Show. Not even going to waste time watching it.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 27 May 2012, 10:36

We get canned laughter "comedies" too which just aren't funny.

I don't suppose it's SK's fault though if the show's second rate ?

Actors are the last link in the food chain ! lol!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sun 27 May 2012, 11:34

Not Stacy's fault the show is second rate. Although the fact that she got hired to work on this show instead of a sitcom like Modern Family, Big Bang or 2 Broke Girls is telling about her level of talent and drawcard.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Sun 27 May 2012, 11:42

[quote="Actors are the last link in the food chain ! lol! [/quote]

LOL! Yep....
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sun 27 May 2012, 14:23

Actors need to be careful what they lend their name to and if this show is that bad then it could negatively impact her even though she is a guest star. I would have thought that she had enough money stashed away that would allow her some time for a project that will help her career. she still seems to keep taking anything and everything that is offered to her at this point like she's a serving actress new to the business and needs even dollar she can get her hands on. Doesn't seem that her new management company is helping her career, seems to be the association with George that is bringing in the dough.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Tue 29 May 2012, 08:59

Reviews are starting to come in..... Just a tip, don;t get attached to the show, it may not last the season.

Single Again, and Embracing Playtime
By NEIL GENZLINGER
Published: May 23, 2012

Not many television shows these days can be said to have courage, but a new sitcom on TBS called “Men at Work” certainly does. It has the courage to announce: “Guy shows can be just as crass, penis-obsessed and vacuous as all those gal shows that started turning up last fall. More, even.”

The show gives us four work mates — Milo (Danny Masterson), Gibbs (James Lesure), Tyler (Michael Cassidy) and Neal (Adam Busch) — who are inexplicably kept on the payroll by a magazine called Full Steam even though they rarely seem to do any work. No time for that; they’re too busy talking about bedding women, sleeping with women, having sex with women and getting between the sheets with women.

“Men at Work” sometimes sounds like a frat-boy version of “Sex and the City” and sometimes looks like “Seinfeld” (there’s a recurring diner), but it never comes close to the wit or insight of those series. It sounds, basically, as if it’s trying to outdo recent gal sitcoms like “New Girl” in its use of genital references. In doing so it manages to make even those not very smart shows sound intellectual.

The series is loosely built around Milo’s recent breakup and his pals’ efforts to get him back in the game. But no character here has any depth, the four actors don’t particularly click, and the writing often seems desperate. One episode, for instance, centers on Milo’s efforts to learn text messaging. Yeah, text messaging. That thing even your grandpa has been doing for several years now.

Pity any actress who wanders by the studio where this show is being shot. She’ll be given just enough lines to establish a reason for one or more of these shallow gents to get her into the sack. That’s right, “one or more.” Twice in the early episodes two of the pals help themselves to the same woman. Once, it’s at the same time. Objectify much, boys?

TBS, which has relied heavily on repurposed shows from other networks, has additional original programming in the works. The key word there is “original” if the strategy is to succeed. Not much about “Men at Work” feels fresh.

Men at Work TBS, Thursday night at 10 and 10:30, Eastern and Pacific times; 9 and 9:30, Central time.
Produced by Sony Pictures Television and Fanfare. Created by Breckin Meyer; Mr. Meyer, Jamie Tarses and Julia Franz, executive producers.
WITH: Danny Masterson (Milo), Michael Cassidy (Tyler), Adam Busch (Neal) and James Lesure (Gibbs).

Source

TBS’s ‘Men at Work’: A rerun before it’s even started
By Hank Stuever, Published: May 24

Word has it the sitcom genre is primed for a big comeback this fall, but if the first episode of TBS’s Thursday night sitcom “Men at Work” is any indication of what lies ahead, then they can keep it. This woefully flat riff on modern manhood might be cleverly sprinkled with derogatory references to Dane Cook, fake-tan “whorange” skin color and other assorted modern afflictions, but you’d swear it had been discovered in a box of old VHS cassettes marked “miscellaneous.”

Danny Masterson — formerly of “That ’70s Show,” resurfacing here in this ’90s show, which is nevertheless a ’10s show — stars as Milo, a writer who has just been dumped by his girlfriend. He’s got three solid bros to lean on for support: a sharp-witted smoothie (Michael Cassidy), an overconfident lothario (James Lesure) and a neurotic accountant (Adam Busch). “Tonight,” one of the guys tells Milo,“we take your new, single penis out for a test drive.” The laughter is so badly canned, it’ll give you botulism.

Collectively, the four men are derived from a hundred other canceled sitcoms about men being men while trying to navigate the single life. The only dis­cern­ible difference is that these guys are on a cable network, so their language can be a tad more randy. Which means any word you want to use for breasts, besides breasts, is fine.

In what I consider a sad display of sitcom laziness, the men in “Men at Work” all work together at a magazine. Yep, a magazine, with, like, pages that need to be proofed and pictures that are taken with Nikons. Just like (Suddenly) Susan and many, many other make-believe citizens of sitcomville did before them. Couldn’t the “Men at Work” writers at least have dreamed up a relevant workplace? What if these men were employed by, I dunno, a Groupon-like copywriting sweatshop?

What if they didn’t reside in the usual giant loft apartments with $3,000 sectional sofas that sitcom urbanites always have? What if the table for four wasn’t always available at their “usual” corner diner whenever they need it?

It’s as if everyone behind “Men at Work” missed a recent evolution in TV comedy. They never saw “Scrubs,” “Community,” “Cougar Town,” “Happy Endings” or “Modern Family” — shows that have made watching multicamera, laugh-track sitcoms almost unbearable for us thinkin’ people. Even if old-school sitcom is their preferred format, then it seems they also missed “How I Met Your Mother” or, especially, “The Big Bang Theory,” which has a whole lot more to tell us about the warpy minds of today’s men. You’d think the only television the makers of “Men at Work” have seen lately include half a season of “Entourage” and a whole lot of “Two and a Half Men” reruns.

Stranger still, the pilot episode has a creepy age-avoidance issue. Are Milo and his friends supposed to be 25-ish and just starting out in life? Thirty and sensing despair? Thirty-five and simply regressive? Forty and holding? The actors average out to a ripe 34, but what their characters worry and stress about — How can I learn to talk dirty in bed? How can I get over my ex-girlfriend? — completes a loop of uninspired redundancy.

Men at Work (30 minutes) premieres Thursday at 10 p.m. on TBS.

Source

Hey TV.com, Should I Watch Men At Work?

You've seen the trailers for TBS's Men At Work, and they've looked really bad! But we got to see the WHOLE pilot in advance, lucky us, and we're here to advise you on whether or not to watch it. (Hint: Don't bother.)

When does the show grace TV with its presence?
Men At Work debuts Thursday, May 24 with back-to-back episodes at 10pm on TBS.

Which fine thespians perform in this wonder?
This is the grand return to television for DJ Danny Masterson, who played Hyde on That '70s Show. It also stars James Lesure, who we supposedly last saw in the short-lived Mr. Sunshine, but we actually last saw in Las Vegas. Adam Busch, Buffy the Vampire Slayer's Warren, also stars. Rounding out the foursome of dudes is Michael Cassidy (The O.C., Smallville).

Whose creative brain did this show spring from?
Remember that guy who played the stoner skateboarder in Clueless and who now plays Franklin on Franklin & Bash? Yes! Breckin Meyer! Well, he created Men At Work. Former ABC entertainment chief Jamie Tarses is also credited as an executive producer.

What fantastic subject matter does Men At Work cover?
Milo, Gibbs, Tyler, and Neal are four twenty-something or thirty-something guys who work for a Maxim-esque men's magazine. After Milo is dumped by his girlfriend, his buddies help him get back into the dating scene. But really, this is just a dude buddy comedy. Milo is the everyman, Gibbs is the cool black guy, Neal is the cool white guy, and Tyler is the nerdy white guy. Look out, ladies.

Who was this show made for?
Bros, dude! Except it's so toothless with its laugh track that it comes off more as an old person's take on what young guys are like. Imagine if the editors of Rich Guy's Quarterly took over for the staff of Douchebags Magazine for an issue. Men at Work is the show that beats up the guys from The Big Bang Theory, but it doesn't have the charm the nerds do.

What are the show's redeeming qualities?
I'm still trying to figure that out. Oh! Amy Smart and Ethan Suplee make cameos in the first two episodes, so there's that.

Is there anything particularly bad about it?
Oh, just everything. Seriously, this show is not funny. At all. Okay, there was one crack about girls who tan too much, but I'm pretty sure it was stolen from somewhere else. Other than that, it's four guys acting like jerks while a laugh track overcompensates.

How about a final verdict? Should I watch or not?
Stay away from this at all costs, and please, keep it as far from your children as possible. One day Men at Work will be watched by aliens as justification for their decision to wipe us off of the face of the planet.

Is there anything I should bring to my personal viewing party?
Bleach. For your eyeballs! And very sharp icepicks for your ears. And if you have a smell-o-vision set, just shove some cat poop in your nostrils; it'll smell better.

Men At Work, coming to TBS May 24 at 10pm!

Source
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 29 May 2012, 11:00

Wow...I look forward to all of your comments
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 29 May 2012, 11:27

It seems like Stacy doesn't really have a choice but to do the parts she is offered. I don't think it's just about the money , she isn't well known enough George or not to get better parts she can't act that well. I would think she just wants parts so she can be seen and maybe be remembered to build her acting credits.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Tue 29 May 2012, 12:58

I think in that in trying to be a regularly working actor, it is about getting seen, jobs under the belt to show experience and getting traction whilst trying to build a name for yourself in the industry. I don't think reviewing the quality of the writing is parmount or at times even considered when a good pay cheque comes along (if money is tight for the actor). If it is primetime and the network is supporting and promoting the hell out of the show, most actors would see that as a win and a desirable gig to land.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Tue 29 May 2012, 13:10

annemarie wrote:It seems like Stacy doesn't really have a choice but to do the parts she is offered.

I don't know if it is about what she is offered more than what her agency sends her out to audition for. I doubt that she is getting job offers without having to audition or at least read for the producers. If she was, would she still be doing bartender judging and hosting nightclubs in Vegas??

I think she gets these roles that she plays (which are pretty much the same) as that is the scope of her talent and ability in the acting arena. I mean, she got a development deal after DWTS with that network and they couldn't find a vehicle for her. She has scored bit parts in some tv shows and some small films. I don't think one of the roles she has done didn't focus on her physical appearance as the bulk of the purpose of the character.

I think someone on her team have recognised what she can (and more so, can't do professionally) and they aim all their attention to winning her those sorts of roles. There hasn't been a role that she has done that showed a glimmer of acting talent or range (with all due respect).

But this career plan works for her and has gotten her further than so many other aspiring actresses in Hollywood who after years of trying their luck and pounding the pavement, are still waiting tables and doing admin/promotions jobs to pay the bills in between going for auditions hoping for a chance.

I do think what works in Stacy's favour is that she seems to understand why she is getting these jobs and what her range is - she doesn't seem to have any illusions of great dramatic acting talent or aspire to tread the boards. She knows her niche.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 29 May 2012, 19:49

Mystery unveiled ....... did not expect anyone!

Stacy Keibler ‏@StacyKeibler
My episode of #MenAtWork airs this Thursday, 5/31 at 10 pm on TBS. Excited to see it! @MenatWorkTBS
Espandi
Risposta Retweet Preferiti
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Tue 29 May 2012, 20:00

She must be the "woman at the bar"!!!
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Tue 29 May 2012, 20:03

"She knows her niche" well said watching, when I hear how much D-listers earn, I can understand why she is satisfied with her niche and has no illusions of a Oscar role in her future.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 30 May 2012, 02:12

Wowzers!!! Watching, thanks for posting those stories. I thought maybe it was just me that didn't care for the show, but noooooooooo, a few others said it very well! Bleck!!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Wed 30 May 2012, 11:08

I take this as a sign the show is not going well and they are trying to get a greater viewership - they are giving the first two episodes away on iTunes for free.

iTunes TV‏@iTunesTV
Catch two free episodes of #MenAtWork, the new comedy starring @dannymasterson. @tbsveryfunny [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
17 hrs ago

Seriously, when is any show free on iTunes??
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Wed 30 May 2012, 11:17

Lakin460 wrote:She must be the "woman at the bar"!!!

Sounds like it.

Stacy Keibler News‏@stacy_keibler
On @MenatWorkTBS Stacy Keibler will play Keri a girl who hooks up w/ Milo (@DannyMasterson) at a bar +offers them an interesting proposition
2nd May 12
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Fri 01 Jun 2012, 00:57

apparently she is playing a "sex hungry, sultry seductress" who tries to get them to agree to a threesome. Don't really see her as a sultry seductress, more of a girl next door. Maybe she has been practicing her role on George.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Fri 01 Jun 2012, 03:03

Men at Work (TBS) “Devil’s Threesome” Episode 3 airs Thursday, May 31, with back-to-back episodes at 10 and 10:30 p.m on TBS.

Episode synopsis: Things become awkward between Milo and Gibbs after they partake in a “devil’s threesome” with a woman they meet in a bar (guest star Stacy Keibler). Amy helps Tyler get in touch with his feminine side. And Neal becomes jealous when Amy and Tyler start spending too much time together.

Show Summary: This new comedy series stars Danny Masterson (That `70s Show, Yes Man), James Lesure (Las Vegas), Michael Cassidy (The O.C.) and Adam Busch (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) as four buddies who work together at a magazine. Masterson plays the recently dumped Milo, whose friends are determined to help him get back in the game. Lesure is Gibbs, a photographer and successful ladies man. Cassidy plays Tyler, a features writer who brings a dose of style and sophistication to the group.

And Busch is Neal, a somewhat nebbish reporter and the only one in the group with a steady girlfriend. Together, the four help each other navigate work, friendship and women. Men at Work was created by Breckin Meyer (Road Trip, TNT’s Franklin & Bash), who is executive-producing with Fanfare’s Jamie Tarses (Happy Endings, TNT’s Franklin & Bash, TBS’s My Boys) and Julia Franz. The multi-camera comedy comes to TBS from Sony Pictures Television and Fanfare.

There is a pic of SK with cast members.

davidarochelle
davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Fri 01 Jun 2012, 03:29

Ok, so out of pure curiosity I watched the episode. What can I say.....It's really hard to grade Stacys performance in such a terrible show. The canned laughter drove me insane and there really wasn't anything to laugh about. Stacy didn't have much dialogue but I guess she was believable as a girl in a bar. Didn't get the sultry vixen from her though. Cant say that she was the worst actor on the show though they were all pretty bad, in a really bad show. Definitely won't be watching again.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Fri 01 Jun 2012, 03:34

Just finished Men at Work. Stacy's part was SO small, she was in 2 scenes at the beginning of the show and that was it. Not much of a bragging right there. This show was worse, IMO, than the first two I endured. Don't see this show lasting nor Stacy's performance catapulting her to stardom. Just sayin'.....
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 01 Jun 2012, 03:36

I totally agree with you TNMC....it was painful to watch....as for her performance, truthfully hard to judge, she had no lines....

I feel sorry for the actor's especially since I know they have done better work.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Fri 01 Jun 2012, 04:27

I don't have cable access so couldn't see the show. If she didn't have any lines, then she may not have gotten even SAG day player rate. Believe me, I have done a lot more than that for a movie (including having scenes with just me and the star) and only had SAG extra pay.
I'm curious; how were her facial expressions? Did she show a wide emotional range? Her camera time may depend on her ability to convey different attitudes. Did she look very believable?
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Fri 01 Jun 2012, 06:14

Stacy Keibler @ StacyKeibler
East Coast! My episode of # MenAtWork is on in an hour.
Tell me what you think of the show! @ MenatWorkTBS
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Fri 01 Jun 2012, 11:59

davidarochelle wrote:I don't have cable access so couldn't see the show. If she didn't have any lines, then she may not have gotten even SAG day player rate. Believe me, I have done a lot more than that for a movie (including having scenes with just me and the star) and only had SAG extra pay.
I'm curious; how were her facial expressions? Did she show a wide emotional range? Her camera time may depend on her ability to convey different attitudes. Did she look very believable?

She had lines, dr, but very few. There really was only a little opportunity to show any depth or range of emotion. She didn't capitalize on it. It was pretty much Stacy playing Stacy.
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Fri 01 Jun 2012, 14:07

'Men At Work': Stacy Keibler Guests As A Woman Who Wants A Threesome With Gibbs And Milo (VIDEO)
Posted: 06/01/2012 3:54 am Updated: 06/01/2012 8:32 am
Reality-Free, TV Replay, Video, Men At Work, Television, Devil's Threesome, Stacy Keibler, Tbs, Threesome, TV News
Stacy Keibler Is Interested Only In A Threesome On 'Men At Work'
Stacy Keibler brought her famous long legs to "Men at Work" (Thu., 10 p.m. ET on TBS) where she played Carrie, the latest target in the boys' never-ending quest to bed random women. Only this time, Gibbs and Milo were having difficulty figuring out which of them she wanted to sleep with. Neither would back down, so they both went back to her place, where they discovered that she wanted both of them.

In fact, it was either both of them or neither of them. And so, after a few squeamish moments of uncertainty, the guys decided that they'd rather face the prospect of a threesome together than not having sex with this woman.

Only, in the moment Gibbs found himself unable to perform. In a panic, he insisted that Milo go back with him to try and regain his mojo with another three-way lovemaking session with Carrie. This time, he was able to reclaim his manhood -- after some hand-holding with what turned out to be Milo's soft and moisturized hands.

The boys continue to play on "Men at Work," Thursdays at 10 p.m. ET on TBS.

TV Replay scours the vast television landscape to find the most interesting, amusing, and, on a good day, amazing moments, and delivers them right to your browser.
EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Fri 01 Jun 2012, 14:19

Channel surfing last nite I just happened to get to that channel, and the Sk's part.... Suspect She bobbed her head and laughed. Said, "You guys are so funny", bobbed her head and laughed......So, I'm thinking....even if GF has absolutely NO credentials insofar as being a fitness expert - that this is definitely the route she should go. She should concentrate on being a hostess or, I don't know...something other than acting. Of course, to her credit, I will say that it would be hard to judge anybody from that show because as others her have said, the show itself (and the writing, which she can't be held responsible for) just sucks. Don't think this will advance her career much.

@Watching - I think you hit it right on the head. Her agent knows what she can do, and that's what she'll audition for. Unfortunately, this show is right up her alley....

What kills me is, when she quit the WWE 6-7 years ago, it was to become an actress. She's in LA - you won't find better film acting coaches anywhere else in the world. What the heck has she been doing all these years to become "an actress"?? Apparently, not taking classes. Or not taking classes from the right coaches. Otherwise, as she grew, her agent would be able to send her out for meatier roles. This role that she did could have been done by any blonde out in LA right now -

IMO, it will get harder for producers/directors to take her seriously for anything more than roles like this. As she becomes more famous for being "Stacy Keibler", she'll be less regarded as an actress. It's like my fav, Kim K ( Vomit 1 ), she's always playing "herself" when she's on any program - she'll be in Drop Dead Diva soon, and she's playing.....a diva..... See. Now that'll be a stretch...

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 01 Jun 2012, 16:12

I'm sorry DR, when I said "no lines" I meant no "real" lines. I think she did a better job on HIMYM than this... It is so funny how her twitter followers loved it and think the show is hilarious....

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Fri 01 Jun 2012, 16:43

Bellybaby,
Bobbing or moving your head while on camera is a common mistake; in fact, didn't G used to do it? Wasn't he criticized, until the director of "The Three Kings" made him take yoga to improve. SK's director could have reminded her to focus on keeping her head still. Actually even for a few lines, SK should have brought her own on-set acting coach to improve her performance. And I've seen many, many wannabe actors in my years of Hollywood classes futilely try to improve their acting skills. Everyone knows that ability has little to do with getting actual jobs.

Smart PR move giving SK a "racy" part.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Fri 01 Jun 2012, 16:54

Saw the show it is awful just like the critics said. Maybe since she has such a young male following that is why she was hired to draw in young male viewers. She did tweet about it and advertised it as if she was a regular. She will probably end up with a reality tv show. If Clint Eastwood'a wife got one, maybe,George will be a pushover also.

lovelylois

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Fri 01 Jun 2012, 17:01

Lovelylois,
I think Vegas has become the center for reality show pilot casting. True most will never get anyplace. SK could come here for work, if she doesn't want to end up being like Victoria Beckham or Denise Richards, on a very limited edition reality show.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 01 Jun 2012, 18:43

davidarochelle wrote:Bobbing or moving your head while on camera is a common mistake; in fact, didn't G used to do it? Wasn't he criticized, until the director of "The Three Kings" made him take yoga to improve.

I think nodding or bobbing your head when talking to people is a nervous or a people-pleasing reaction. I know I used to do it when I was a people pleaser.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 01 Jun 2012, 18:57

Wasn't Victoria Beckham's show designed to introduce her to America. I think it was supposed to be only a few episodes not a full blown series.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Fri 01 Jun 2012, 19:42

Cindigirl,
Head movements are a no-no when you are on camera, as we learn in basic acting classes. Better to just smile when you are in agreement; otherwise it's a distraction from the dialogue.

Annemarie,
I watched the first episode of the heavily promoted Victoria Beckham reality program. Viewership dropped off during the initial show. It was quickly canceled, and most of the remaining episodes were not televised. While it would have helped if the editing had been much tighter, and the content wasn't so thin, as a "foreigner" trying for American acceptance she came across very poorly. While people love to make fun of those "with more money than cents (sense)," it's difficult not to create a strong backlash against you.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Fri 01 Jun 2012, 23:21

davidarochelle wrote:Lovelylois,
I think Vegas has become the center for reality show pilot casting. True most will never get anyplace. SK could come here for work, if she doesn't want to end up being like Victoria Beckham or Denise Richards, on a very limited edition reality show.

I'm sure victoria Beckham doesn't care about an acting career anymore with the amount of money she is pulling in with her clothing line etc. Sometimes its about finding your niche. VB did it so maybe this is why the big push for Stacy to talk constantly about health and fitness to have this be her niche.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Jun 2012, 23:35

davidarochelle wrote:Lovelylois,
To end up like Victoria Beckham? In her dreams that she would have the career VB has. Your views are so insular and narrow and American-centric it's not true. There is a whole other world outside America, you know. And a far less shallow one.

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Sat 02 Jun 2012, 00:07

Anxala,
I am so sorry that you have completely misinterpreted what I was trying to convey. I keep trying not to be so wordy in my posts, and then I am not as clear. TV (non-cable) is geared for middle America. It is falsely assumed that many Americans are racist and uneducated, and dislike foreigners. Simon Cowell brilliantly made a tremendous career as a reality show host being that foreigner that "Americans loved to hate" and to laugh at. I personally know people that would tune in just to dis him, as he smartly "was laughing all the way to the bank." Victoria Beckham is also very savvy and talented. Kudos to her for getting a reality show in the first place with the resultant free publicity. With a 2-hour drawn out pilot that sadly lacked humor, her reality show was a total fail. Still it did springboard her design career. Yes that was a far better match for her artistic talents. Ironically if the show was just so-so she would not have gotten as extensive pap coverage as she did.

I am certainly aware of how extremely shallow Hollywood truly is, and complain about it constantly. Most of the people in positions to make entertainment decisions do not interact with or listen to everyday people. They just make assumptions about what they think those people want. And to often they copy what to some degree has worked beforehand. I could complain forever about the limited perceptions. While I have not had the opportunity to travel, I try as hard as possible to interact with those from different cultures. When I worked at the Bellagio which some say is the most European and classiest of Vegas resorts, the head of HR thought that I WAS British just because I knew about curry and chutney. Again I'm being lengthy. I just hope you understand that I was trying to convey reality, as I always try to do, and not that I was shallow.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sat 02 Jun 2012, 00:15

With all due respect DR it wasn't the realty show pilot that launched VB's fashion career. She has been extremely successful since her spice girl days, so if anything it was the spice girl career that was the springboard not a reality show. She has had constant pap coverage since she was posh spice and throughout her marriage to David Beckham. She was known all over the world including the US long before the reality show flop.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Sat 02 Jun 2012, 00:31

This comparison is ridiculous. Victoria Beckham has a HUSBAND and after 4(?) children she's got a way better body and looks much more beautiful in her face than Keibler, the messenger of fitness and beauty. Also Beckham really is a fashion icon, while Keibler is just enjoying the hype of her ...love of her life...cough.
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Sat 02 Jun 2012, 00:36

The Next Mrs. Clooney,
Yes you are correct about the impact of her singing career and high profile marriage. And I am sure that she would not have been offered a reality show without that background. I also recall the massive amount of publicity just prior to the reality show, and after the initial airing. It's something I've seen happen to other talents. Their shows are almost set up to fail if they don't meet the unrealistically high projected audience share. And I still feel that if she were American-born it would have been easier for her show. The Collins sisters "conquered" American TV and pulp fiction; they had to deal with unfortunate stereotypes as well to succeed.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Sat 02 Jun 2012, 00:48

Dior,
Of course I am NOT comparing Victoria Beckham to SK. I was discussing the difficulty SK would have in doing a successful reality show. If anything I was comparing SK to Denise Richard's short-lived program. Although a Bond girl, Denise is known to many as "Charlie Sheen's ex-wife" with all the drama involved. AND honestly I don't understand WHY Victoria Beckham WANTED to do reality at all. So many watch American reality simply to make total fun of the leads. Victoria IS talented and driven, but she appears to me to be more serious. By comparison if SK were to do more reality, unless she were part of an ensemble, I don't see how she could succeed. There are several Vegas Reality Spec Shows currently being cast (and not necessarily being sold) that feature young, cute wannabe models, actresses, hostesses, and party planners. You just know that they're going to given too much alcohol so that they end up in "bitch fights" that the audience can jeer.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next