George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney in Ireland? - Page 4 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney in Ireland? - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney in Ireland? - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney in Ireland? - Page 4 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney in Ireland? - Page 4 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney in Ireland? - Page 4 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney in Ireland? - Page 4 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney in Ireland? - Page 4 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney in Ireland? - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney in Ireland?

+30
silly girl
fava
Maggy
blubelle
party animal - not!
barla
EEOsandy
Astras
lovelylois
hathaross
lelacorb
Clear As Mud
Ello
Atalante
cindigirl
Joanna
lolo"layla"
melbert
sandwiches
Cinderella
NotAvailable
lucy
it's me
watching
MyGirlKylie
Dexterdidit
fluffy
laetval
Katiedot
Merlin
34 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

George Clooney in Ireland? - Page 4 Empty Re: George Clooney in Ireland?

Post by Joanna Tue 10 Apr 2012, 15:09

Does Stan ever deny rumours of whereabouts of GTC ?
Why should he after all ?
He would appear "weak" if he spoke about every single gossip article
or tweet sighting or FB sighting, in my opinion. He's a professional and professional's don't waste their time on such trivia.
GTC's true fans aren't stalkers !
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 10 Apr 2012, 17:03

Didn't George make a statement about responding to things only if they would hurt people (the allegations I mean). It is kind of curious though that ALL those people would tweet sitings and NOT ONE photo????
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Tue 10 Apr 2012, 17:30

I think it was just a ploy to draw attention of the negative gossip off of SK. It is a rather clever way to do that, you know, without really saying anything. None offered proof that their tweets were true. I think even some of those tweets could be a way to divert attention off of what is really happening. Obviously something is happening that makes a kind of insecure place to be or more difficult to provide security? The Bike ride? Just an opinion.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 10 Apr 2012, 18:09

Also Joanie, a year or so before Twitter exploded, George made a statement about that Gawker site that he was going to have people call in from all over the country saying they saw him and other stars to discredit that site. He is capable of doing that. I'm thinking that he is just so starved for privacy that he may be creating these "sitings" to divert people?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 10 Apr 2012, 18:15

could b
G can be worse than that
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 10 Apr 2012, 18:48

I don't believe he's in Ireland, he's probably holed up somewhere else. It's amazing how he can skulk around without anyone seeing him. Hey, maybe he's walking around in his Batman outfit with a mask on. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 10 Apr 2012, 18:56

as I already said

it's worse than we think
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 10 Apr 2012, 21:04

Oh It's Me, I think you're being a little over-dramatic. When George doesn't want to be seen, we don't see him. He's probably working. He's a very busy man. Now, he's probably planning for the White House dinner and then for his own dinner in May. IF there was anything wrong with him, Stan would release something. He's just being "private" right now.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Tue 10 Apr 2012, 21:17

He always goes to ground when he's busy. I'm sure he's busy with the Monuments Men script, and overseeing his many other projects. If his arm is still bothering him, we won't see him riding around on his bike anytime soon. He can make himself very obscure even when he is around town. There's no reason to hit the panic button. Think of him as "The Shadow", having the ability to cloud man's mind so he can't be seen.
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 10 Apr 2012, 21:18

melbert wrote:Oh It's Me, I think you're being a little over-dramatic. When George doesn't want to be seen, we don't see him. He's probably working. He's a very busy man. Now, he's probably planning for the White House dinner and then for his own dinner in May. IF there was anything wrong with him, Stan would release something. He's just being "private" right now.

When George leaves the house we heard from him and no matter whether it is in Cabo, Laglio, Los Angeles! He has no way ..................... will not be in the hospital (months ago there was talk of a back surgery!) .... Or is in Cabo and paparazzi are all on vacation (when Stacy wrote in Spanish about twitter wants to let everyone know that she is in Cabo!)
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Tue 10 Apr 2012, 21:25

lela, no way the paps are going to be on vacation during time when celebs will be doing family getaways. Also I'm sure we don't always "hear" about it when he leaves the house. He made it to NY for his elbow surgery and there was nothing about it until he went to the Ravens game in Baltimore. If he hadn't gone to the game, we probably woulldn't have known anything until Cabo.
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 12 Apr 2012, 15:54

Message from Gilbert's Restaurant in Cork concerning GTC
eating there on Easter Sunday

Hello xxxxxx

We had over 400 people in our restaurant on Sunday and he was not recognised, but that is not to say that he did not dine in our restaurant.

I can guarantee you though that we did not close our restaurant
for George Clooney.

I was not in the restaurant on Sunday but everybody is trying
to convince me that he was here.

So it is the million dollar question that is left unanswered.

Kind regards

x x x x x x
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Sun 15 Apr 2012, 08:25

Still hoping........

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It's a 'Girls Night' out for the boys

THE SOCIAL NETWORK: The banker John Cunningham arrived to the opening of the musical Girls Night at the Gaiety on Wednesday evening with his wife Audrey and daughter Edith to support their friend Lorraine Keane, who stars in the show.

The Cunninghams had a relaxing Easter in their country retreat in Tullahought, Co Kilkenny. The house was previously owned by George Clooney’s cousins, the McGraths. “George was due in Ireland in April and they’re expecting him in Kilkenny any day now,” revealed Cunningham, who is currently sporting Clooney-like designer facial hair.

Bill Hughes of Mind the Gap Films (right) told me that he knows most of the cast in the musical, which includes Hilda Fay, Sorcha Furlong, Jacinta White and Sharon Sexton. But that was not the only reason he was there – he admitted that he “just cannot resist jukebox musicals”.

Hughes is busy with project development at the moment and hopes to get a coveted BAI commission. “We are heavily pregnant and are hoping someone will take one of our babies,” he quipped.

Alan Hughes arrived with Rory Cowan of Mrs Brown’s Boys and, jokingly, introduced him as his new husband. The owner of the Tivoli Theatre, Tony Byrne, was on something of a busman’s holiday.

“We’re currently showing Thank You for the Music – The Story of ABBA, but I’m over here to support Robert C Kelly. He’s a big pal of mine.” Kelly, who produced the show, said there will be a sequel next year with the same characters, but he has yet to speak to any actors about parts.
Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 15 Apr 2012, 10:21

but on 28 he needs to be back
no?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 15 Apr 2012, 11:41

That's plenty of time it's only the 15th now and Washington is about 7 hours' flight from Ireland. With the time difference he could leave on the 28th and arrive on the 28th.

Not that I think he will, but it's certainly possible.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 15 Apr 2012, 15:28

oh
thanks
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Thu 26 Apr 2012, 17:01

So ladies, now that we're near the end of April, can we assume that this was just a smoke screen, or just idle gossip? I think we all (well I didn't think he would) knew he wouldn't do something so personal to him in such a public way. Idea
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 26 Apr 2012, 17:04

-
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 05 May 2012, 10:17

Aw, bless them: they're still at it:

‘Gorgeous George’ on the way to Abbeyleix?

May 2012

By: Joe Barrett

AMERICAN film star and heartthrob George Clooney may be on his way to Abbeyleix.

That is, if an email posted on local ballad and folk group Abbey Folk turns out to be authentic.

If it can be established that the author of the email is who she claims to be and works for the film star, then the Hollywood hunk might well pay a visit to the heritage town.

Band member Jim Ring said that his group, which have had up to 2,800 hits on their song Here’s to you George Clooney on YouTube, have been contacted by the Hollywood A-lister’s British/Irish private assistant in Belfast, Jane Steele.

In the email, which is posted on the band’s YouTube site, it says: “George has traced his ancestry directly to the town of Abbeyleix (via Sarah Clooney et al). The town links to the Titanic by means of the Abbeyleix carpet factory, where Sarah worked.

George could go back further, including his links back to Kilkenny, Cork and the 11th century Viking invasions, but wishes to go only as far back as Abbeyleix now. George wishes to meet the Abbey Folk band when he arrives later this year”.

Jim said: “It looks like George wants to meet us and see the carpet factory where a distant relative worked in the 1900s. We replied to the email, but we’re none the wiser when he’s coming.”

The Laois Nationalisthas also attempted to authenticate the email on the Abbey Folk YouTube site by sending emails to Ms Steele’s address, which have gone unanswered to date.

The Abbeyleix connection with Mr Clooney dates back to when his distant cousin, Sarah Clooney, worked in the local carpet factory.

Originally from Dunamaggin, Co Kilkenny, Sarah moved to Abbeyleix after her family was evicted from their land. Her relatives emigrated to America.

Sarah’s great grandniece, Abbeyleix native Fiona Clooney became aware of her famous relative when her cousins Mary and Anthony Purcell completed a family tree linking them to the Oscar nominated actor’s Kentucky clan.

An online battle on the Abbey Folk YouTube site has broken out over the family lineage. Some Abbeyleix Clooney supporters and the Clooney clan in Dunamaggin are at loggerheads with each other, each claiming that the other has no stake in the George Clooney link.

ps: who knew that George suddenly has a private British/Irish personal assistant???
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 05 May 2012, 11:24

We all knew Katie...cos it's you of course.
Or did your CRS kick in ???
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 05 May 2012, 11:26

From the Abbeyfolk you tube site.....

"Information from Mr Clooney's British/Irish PA in Belfast -

"George has traced his ancestry directly to the town of Abbeyleix (via Sarah Clooney et al). The town has links to the Titanic by means of the Abbeyleix Carpet factory, where Sarah worked.
George could go back further including his links back to Kilkenny, Cork and the 11th Century Viking invasions but wishes to go only as far as Abbeyleix now.
George wishes to meet the Abbeyfolk Band when he arrives later this year. Regards, Jane Steele"
janeysteeley32 1 week ago

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 05 May 2012, 11:38

Hey...I really like this song Coolio

"This video was recorded in Morrisseys pub Abeyleix directly across from the site of the famous carpet factory that provided its wares for the ill fated Titanic.A relative of George Clooney was employed in this factory!
abbeyfolk 5 days ago"

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 05 May 2012, 17:04

That's a cute little ditty!!! Toe-tapping and all!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Fri 18 May 2012, 18:06

And the beat goes on and on and on...

Exclusive interview: George Clooney on life and death and being Irish
Prefers cremation, wants to tour Ireland and see Obama re-elected

Published Friday, May 18, 2012,

Hollywood heartthrob George Clooney recently sat down with Patricia Danaher from our sister publication Irish America magazine for an exclusive interview.

Here are the highlights:

Ireland and his roots

The long-planned trip to Ireland he said he was finally going to take, will be a tour of the country by motorbike. “It’s finally happening,” he told me, grinning broadly. “I ran into Bono in Toronto, he was in town for the documentary about U2, and he’s as much of a bike nut as I am. He started telling me about lots of cool places I should check out, so I’ve committed to going.”

The actor makes frequent and fond references to his Irish roots and his Catholic upbringing. Clooney has Irish roots on both sides of the family, but most of his green blood comes paternally. His father’s great-great-grandfather Nicholas Clooney, came from County Kilkenny.

The name Clooney is an anglicized version of the Gaelic O’Cluanaigh, which translates as a descendant of Clugnach, meaning a rogue or a flatterer. His father’s mother’s maiden name, meanwhile, was Guilfoyle.

“I’ve been in Dublin before, but never with my folks,” said Clooney. “My dad went to Ireland two years ago and found a town called Clooney. When he told them his name, he said everyone insisted on buying him drinks and he got smashed and had a great time!”

On what he wants to do next

“I have a lot of things I want to get done and I don’t really have a lot of time. The best advice my Aunt Rosemary gave me was ‘Don’t wake up at 65 and say what you should have done.’ I think that’s a smart piece of advice. She also told me never to mix wine and vodka and that’s a lesson I forgot to take last night!”

On life and death

Given that he has crossed the half century mark, has he given any thought to plans for after his death?

“I think you should automatically donate your organs because that would turn the balance of organ donation in a huge way. I would donate whatever anybody would take and I’d probably do the cremation bit.

I don’t really like the idea of getting stuck in a box. I have these best friends of mine, I put them all in my will and I said I would give them each some ashes and some money and have them take me on a trip somewhere I’ve never seen before. It wouldn’t be such a bad way to see the world!”

Oh his love life

“I knew it was coming!” he laughs. “Some of the sneaky questions about this topic are often disguised in serious questions like, ‘this thing in Darfur is so sad with these children,’ and you go, ‘oh yes,’ and then they go, ‘have you ever wanted to have children?’ They think if you sneak it through the serious stuff, I’ve got to answer. I’ve found that answering these questions has never been beneficial to me in any way. It’s beneficial to people selling magazines and newspapers, but not to me. So I always avoid them.”

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 18 May 2012, 19:12

Thanks for posting Merlin.
This is the complete interview from the link within it.

Serious George – An Interview With George Clooney

George Clooney. Photo: AP Images
By Patricia Danaher, Contributor
June / July 2012

The perennial leading man talks about his Irish roots, getting older, and his passion for activism.

George Clooney has nothing to prove as an actor and he knows it. It’s part of what makes him such a pleasant and relaxed interview – quick with the self-effacing jokes, interested in the wider world beyond where he now sits, at home in his own skin.
At 51, he is aging beautifully and has more mischief in him than people half his age. If all the charm, the intelligence, the wit and the chivalry is all an act – which after interviewing him six times by now, I don’t believe it can be – it’s a damn good one. What you see with George Timothy Clooney is what you get.

“I’m not out trying to prove anything. I’m sort of finished with that, so I get to play in other sandboxes and try and figure out what I like and I’m interested in,” he says.
“When my Aunt Rosemary said that later in her life she could sing better than ever, even though she could no longer hit or reach every note, she said to me that she was a better singer then because she didn’t have to prove anything and she could relax.
I sort of feel the same.”

Notwithstanding the fact that he hit the half century mark in May of last year, Clooney appears to be getting cooler and even more relaxed with age. Take his wheels for example; these days he’d prefer the comfort of a minivan over a sports car and his nonchalance has a way of making that cool too.

“In LA, I have two cars and two motorcycles. In Italy, I have three motorcycles because other people want to ride and you can’t ride them all at the same time.
When you’re young you’re into sports cars and shit like that and it really does matter.
But now in Italy, we pull up to the Villa d’Este Hotel and I’m in a minivan! I lost all my cool – straight out the window!” he laughs. “After a while, you just want transportation, and things like cool cars or motorcycles are all about getting attention.
I get all the attention I could ever need, so I kind of like being in a minivan and people not paying so much attention to me.”

The long-planned trip to Ireland he said he was finally going to take, will be a tour of the country by motorbike.
“It’s finally happening,” he told me, grinning broadly.
“I ran into Bono in Toronto, who was in town for the documentary about U2, and he’s as much of a bike nut as I am.
He started telling me about lots of cool places I should check out, so I’ve committed to going.”

The actor makes frequent and fond references to his Irish roots and his Catholic upbringing. Clooney has Irish roots on both sides of the family, but most of his green blood comes paternally. His father’s great-great-grandfather Nicholas Clooney, came from County Kilkenny.

The name Clooney is an anglicized version of the Gaelic O’Cluanaigh, which translates as a descendant of Clugnach, meaning a rogue or a flatterer. His father’s mother’s maiden name, meanwhile, was Guilfoyle.

“I’ve been in Dublin before, but never with my folks,” said Clooney. “My dad went to Ireland two years ago and found a town called Clooney. When he told them his name, he said everyone insisted on buying him drinks and he got smashed and had a great time!”

Growing up the son of the well-known and respected journalist and broadcaster Nick Clooney formed much of the character which makes George Clooney the man he is today.
Seeing celebrity up close through his father and his aunt Rosemary, made him recognize the traps of fame, but it also imbued in him the sense of justice and fairness which has led him to become involved in various political issues.

“My father was and is a great journalist. Thirty years ago, I was studying broadcasting in college and the problem was I wasn’t nearly as good as my father.
I wasn’t as quick or as smart as my old man, and I realized it would be a long time before I was ever going to be, and I decided to do something else.
My uncle was Jose Ferrer the actor and he got me a part as an extra in a movie he was in.
After that I got in my ’76 Monte Carlo and drove to LA to be an actor and I got lucky, quite honestly.

“My parents were disappointed I didn’t finish college and they were really upset when I went to Hollywood to become an actor.
I was a big disappointment to them.
My father used to write me long letters for about seven or eight years, which I still have, where he used to say ‘knock this off and get a real job.’
That was the first time they felt ashamed of me.
But we are really close.

“I’ve been lucky to be in a few films that will last. I’ve made some turkeys along the way, some dumb choices, but luckily that was early in my career when people weren’t paying attention!”

Currently writing, directing and producing a slew of new movies, on top of this year’s Golden Globe win for The Descendants, Clooney’s intelligence and appetite for a wide range of topics is once again on display.

One of his upcoming movies is called Enron, which probably needs no explanation, and another called Hardan v Rumsfeld, whose title also says it all.

His next directorial feature, The Boys from Belmont, is lighter fare about the reunion of a gang of thieves who get together to finish off a job they started seven years earlier.

Using his fame as leverage for creating awareness about political issues is one of the ways in which he evens out the toll of living in the glare of publicity.
His March arrest in Washington, D.C. on the grounds of the Sudanese Embassy, was a clearly planned publicity stunt to draw attention to what is happening in South Sudan.

“Probably the thing I am most proud of is being involved with places and issues [and people] who might not otherwise have had their voices heard.
I have all this attention on me, which I’ve been able to deflect to Darfur and South Sudan and people who could use it.
The telethons and the things like that, that we’ve been able to put together, I’m proud of these things.
Being able to take something that’s going well for you, and deflecting it on to other people, those are real successes.

“I have a lot of things I want to get done and I don’t really have a lot of time.
The best advice my Aunt Rosemary gave me was
‘Don’t wake up at 65 and say what you should have done.’
I think that’s a smart piece of advice. She also told me never to mix wine and vodka and that’s a lesson I forgot to take last night!”

Given that he has crossed the half century mark, has he given any thought to plans for after his death?

“I tried to donate my liver, but no one would take it! Imagine how disappointed I was!
We have a thing in the U.S. where you check a box on your driver’s license to donate an organ.
I really think it should be the other way around. I think you should automatically donate your organs because that would turn the balance of organ donation in a huge way.
I would donate whatever anybody would take and I’d probably do the cremation bit.

“I don’t really like the idea of getting stuck in a box.
I have these best friends of mine, I put them all in my will and I said I would give them each some ashes and some money and have them take me on a trip somewhere I’ve never seen before.
It wouldn’t be such a bad way to see the world!”

Clooney’s love life and the seeming never-ending succession of 20-something-year-old girlfriends is an endless staple of the tabloids. He quickly replaced his Italian girlfriend of two years standing, Elisabetta Canalis, with Stacey Kiebler (31), a wrestler turned model.
When I try to ahem, wrestle a comment out of him about his latest flame, he pounces.

“I knew it was coming!” he laughs. “Some of the sneaky questions about this topic are often disguised in serious questions like, ‘this thing in Darfur is so sad with these children,’ and you go, ‘oh yes,’ and then they go, ‘have you ever wanted to have children?’

They think if you sneak it through the serious stuff, I’ve got to answer. I’ve found that answering these questions has never been beneficial to me in any way.
It’s beneficial to people selling magazines and newspapers,
but not to me. So I always avoid them.”

Back to politics, where he’s more at home. He’s firmly backing Obama in the fall. He just used the phone and his extensive database of the powerful and wealthy to organize a fundraising dinner at his home in Studio City, Los Angeles on May 10, which raised $15 million for the re-election campaign.

“It’s very easy for people to be critical of President Obama’s first term, but let’s face it, he didn’t exactly inherit the country in the best shape.
I’m a lifelong Democrat and I get very impatient when I hear people criticize the President because he didn’t fulfill all their wishes overnight.
I’ll die a Democrat.

But let’s hope that won’t be any time soon.”
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 18 May 2012, 19:36

As I didn't know anything about this, I checked with wicki....

Does anyone know what Georges' involvement in this film will be ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 18 May 2012, 20:08

no!

is he really involved?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 19 May 2012, 06:31

they say
he has already gone...

all made up?

SATURDAY, MAY 19, 2012

George Clooney, motorcyclist

George Clooney says his favourite bike is the Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail...

‘I’ve been riding motorcycles for years but it took a long time before I could afford a Harley of my own. The Heritage is my favourite model – the purr it offers is second to none. Aside from taking to the water on a boat, it has to be my preferred way to spend my time, when I get any. I love the thrill of going for a ride and exploring. I recently had a trip around Ireland and even though some of their roads wouldn’t be in the best shape, it was a pretty magical experience as I’ve a lot of Irish in me,’ says George Clooney, one of our favourite Hollywood stars, who also happens to love motorcycles.

Clooney has had his share of biking spills but he hasn’t let that affect his passion for riding. One of his more serious get-offs happened a few years, when he bike collided with a car – Clooney suffered a fractured rib and his then girlfriend Sarah Larsson ended up with a broken foot. ‘That was quite scary, I’ll admit. It was a very out of control experience and could have ended a lot worse but thankfully we were okay,’ says Clooney.

So would the possibility of another crash ever stop Clooney from riding bikes? ‘No, you’re always going to have a few spills. It could happen in a car, it could happen on a bicycle, it could happen as a pedestrian. You can’t live like that,’ he says.

George Clooney was interviewed by Inspire magazine, for their May 2012 issue
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sat 19 May 2012, 06:43

Fast and faster George!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 19 May 2012, 07:27

Joanna wrote:Does anyone know what Georges' involvement in this film will be ?
it's me wrote:is he really involved?
There's a thread about this film here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

it's me wrote:they say he has already gone...
That's incredible! Is it possible all those sightings were genuine after all?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 19 May 2012, 12:58

hey! why cut his I love you face?!??

well
I guess is not true
impossible a trip like that
and no pics at all!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 12 Sep 2012, 11:52

Remember this? Well, it all turns out to be stuff and nonsense!

Wednesday 12 September 2012

Family cries foul on false George Clooney story in South Kilkenny
George Clooney

Published on Wednesday 12 September 2012 10:02

“The ‘Freddie Starr Ate my Hamster’ story of Irish genealogy” Genealogists have shown that the story of George Clooney’s Irish roots, widely publicised earlier this year, doesn’t stand up to closer examination.

Although ‘Gorgeous George’s’ ancestors did in fact originate in Knockeen, Windgap in South Kilkenny research commissioned by the Burke Family has shown that most of the story broken in 2011, has no factual basis.

The Clooney family were not evicted during the Famine, but remained on their land until the mid 1850s when it was sold as a bankrupt’s estate.

The younger generation of Clooney’s emigrated as a group.

And there is no proven link to a family of the same name in Abbeyleix despite bogus attempts to claim there are.

Furthermore, the Kilkenny People has learned there has been no contact whatsoever between with the actor, his agent in Los Angeles and the Clooney wanabees in Abbeyleix.

And George Clooney’s ancestors have no proven link with the Titanic.

Speaking yesterday (Tuesday) Noreen Burke Hayes, a direct relation of George Clooney, declared herself satisfied with the research commissioned from Eneclann, the country’s most respected genealogist specialists. “We were brought into the story, because my ancestral home in Knockeen, is in fact the Clooney homestead,” she explained.

“My great-great grandmother Mary Welsh was a niece of the Clooneys. In the 1850s the younger generation of Clooneys left for America, and my great-great grandmother and her husband, newly married, took over the family farm. The house and land has passed by descent through my family to the present generation - in fact I was the last family member born there,” she told the Kilkenny People.

“We’re not historians but we wondered how the Clooneys could have been evicted from Knockeen during the Famine, and yet still be there in the 1850s,” Noreen said.

Eneclann’s research director Fiona Fitzsimons commented: “When we began research on the Clooney family of Knockeen, our first real problem was to differentiate fact from fiction. The story was based on actual research undertaken in 2005 by an American genealogist, but it added a whole layer of new material including the claim that George Clooney’s ancestors made carpets for the Titanic.

"As professional genealogists our research team is used to family stories that have been embroidered in the telling over generations. But this was the ‘Freddie Starr Ate my Hamster’ story of Irish genealogy.

"All joking aside, genealogy is real history, albeit sketched out on a smaller canvas. It’s a shame to see it being misappropriated in this way.”

Some years ago, Geoge Clooney’s father Nick came to Kilkenny to find his roots and went to Windgap but never made it to the ancestral home
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Wed 12 Sep 2012, 17:33

Interesting . Maybe Georgie will go and check it out.

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4