George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George and Stacy Blinded by Paparazzi  EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 10:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George and Stacy Blinded by Paparazzi  EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 02:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George and Stacy Blinded by Paparazzi  EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 02:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George and Stacy Blinded by Paparazzi  EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 17:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George and Stacy Blinded by Paparazzi  EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 00:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George and Stacy Blinded by Paparazzi  EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George and Stacy Blinded by Paparazzi  EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George and Stacy Blinded by Paparazzi  EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George and Stacy Blinded by Paparazzi  EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George and Stacy Blinded by Paparazzi

+9
melbert
pattygirl
silly girl
annemarie
Katiedot
Dexterdidit
The next mrs clooney
Lakin460
Astras
13 posters

Go down

George and Stacy Blinded by Paparazzi  Empty George and Stacy Blinded by Paparazzi

Post by Astras Sun 25 Mar 2012, 22:20

Apologies if this has been posted in another thread - I know it's from December and it likely HAS been shared over here, but if so I'm an idiot and can't find it.  We ladies are busy little posters... Laughing

I'm posting it because I'm always dumbstruck by how intrusive and obnoxious the paps are.  I've had several work-related run-ins with them in the past, but the video of Stacy and George being practically blinded as they try to get to the car is a little boggling, to say the least.   But you can see just how quickly all of this happens, which is why trying to unravel the mysteries of a relationship from pap photos can be a challenge.  Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

We hope they had a relaxing dinner because as soon as George Clooney and Stacy Keibler left Craig’s steakhouse in West Hollywood Tuesday night they were quite literally swarmed by paparazzi and RumorFix has the exclusive video.

The gorgeous couple had what must have been a VERY long, romantic dinner — they spent four hours at the trendy new hot spot.

And word must have gotten out during those long four hours because when they emerged from the restaurant, several dozen shutterbugs were outside waiting for them.  There were blinded by a sea of flashbulbs with the Oscar winner having to cover his eyes just to make it to his waiting car.  One of the paps even tripped and fell into a sign during the frenzy.

The always classy Clooney ignored questions shouted to him about wedding bells, holiday plans and the one most guaranteed not to get a response, “who would win in a wrestling match, you or Stacy?”.  The beautiful pair remained mum while George got the keys from the valet and got into the car.

We’re sure suave George would have opened the car door for his lady love if they’d had some breathing room.

Link to page and video:  http://rumorfix.com/2011/12/exclusive-video-george-clooneys-very-long-romantic-dinner-with-stacy-keibler/
Astras
Astras
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

George and Stacy Blinded by Paparazzi  Empty Re: George and Stacy Blinded by Paparazzi

Post by Lakin460 Sun 25 Mar 2012, 23:36

Well, I'm sorry, but the restaurant is a known Hollywood buzz for celebrities wanting to be seen. I'm inclined to think it was just another staged event. Even if the dinner was 4 hours long, didn't it involve Heslov and his wife? Geprge is a Taurus - I'm sorry but long dinners are not an anonamaly for sensual people, which Taurus are.
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

George and Stacy Blinded by Paparazzi  Empty Re: George and Stacy Blinded by Paparazzi

Post by The next mrs clooney Mon 26 Mar 2012, 00:42

George knows how to avoid the paps when he wants to and he uses them when he needs to. His choice of restaurant clearly indicates that he wanted to be papped for whatever reason and he got it.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Mon 26 Mar 2012, 06:34

Exactly it's hard to feel sorry for them when she tweets the way she does. George can hide when he wants too so when we see him out and about like this he wants us to see him and so does she. Stacy want's to be pictured with George she needs to so she can get the attention so she can a job. She is hardly being done by......
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 26 Mar 2012, 08:42

I really don't think Stacy gets any say in the matter. If George wants to lay low, she has to keep quiet and if he wants more attention then she's free to tweet. He has the power in the relationship so he calls all the shots.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Astras Mon 26 Mar 2012, 08:50

Tough crowd over here. Wink I say this with all the love in the world, but sometimes I honestly can't tell if some members here even like George. It's true he could have gone elsewhere to dine, but I guess the point of my post was that there is PR and then there is the obnoxious lunacy of the paps going bonkers trying to get photos of one of my most photographed men in the world. I mean, really? It's ridiculous. It's not as though he's the elusive Yeti suddenly spotted in West Hollywood. I'm not saying I feel sorry for George, but I cannot imagine anyone in their right mind actually welcomes flashbulb induced retinal burns. ;D
Astras
Astras
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 26 Mar 2012, 10:20

It is indeed a tough crowd round here sometimes!

Still, I get your point. He may well have wanted a little pap attention but not quite this much. Saying George should have welcomed such a paparazzi scuffle is a little like saying Noah welcomed the flood because his garden had been looking a little dry.

Sorry, I'm not very good with off the cuff analogies.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 26 Mar 2012, 10:24

I think that celebrities know the press can get crazy but I don't think they like it. George I'm sure doesn't like the frenzy he causes when he goes out. The press need to calm down but as long as there are thousands of dollars to be made they won't.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Mon 26 Mar 2012, 12:25

I agree that he knows the photogs can be over bearing and he probably wishes that there was less of them----those flashes are annoying but I also think he knows he has to do this sometimes...if he wants a quiet dinner he wouldn't go anywhere in the thirty mile zone.....

I remember when Leatherheads came out and pretty much bombed. He went into a bit of hiding after the European premiers and I think a talk he did in CT. But a week before he did the Met gala for Armani he showed up at Dan Tana's all smiles and happy. I mention this because I remember thinking he needed to show that he was ok and probably didn't want his first outing to be at a big red carpet event.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Mon 26 Mar 2012, 12:49

I think it is unfair that celebrities can not go out to eat in a restaurant of choice without a horde of paparazzi vultures descending on them. Isn't Craig's owned by a friend of his? He, of course, would get stellar treatment wherever he went to dinner, but if he craves something in particular, and knows where to get it, why not be able to go there unemcumbered. I don't think he "goes into hiding", I just think he gets so involved with his various work projects, that he seem to become a hermit at times. Remember this is my VHO
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Mon 26 Mar 2012, 13:43

Astras, point well taken. The paparazzi are obnoxious and I agree that probably no celebrity relishes being swarmed like that. Sorry if my prior post conveyed negativity. It was unintentional. Embarassed
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 26 Mar 2012, 15:00

I think that George "needs" to be seen out and about because he cares about us, his fans. He needs to stay relevant, and he's a little bit vain. I know he doesn't appreciate them hunting him down or causing unsafe conditions (the bike ride with Sarah comes to mind). For the most part, he takes it in stride. However, with all those flashes, it does cause a severe safety hazard and the paps should be aware of that. But, they are greedy and the $$$s speak!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 26 Mar 2012, 15:03

If I remember correctly George had done an interview years ago, accusing the paparazzi of the death of Princess Diana!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 26 Mar 2012, 15:07

You are right Lelacorb. He was very passionate about it.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 26 Mar 2012, 16:47

hope this is NO MORE a fear to him!!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Astras Tue 27 Mar 2012, 03:25

Katiedot wrote:It is indeed a tough crowd round here sometimes!

Still, I get your point. He may well have wanted a little pap attention but not quite this much. Saying George should have welcomed such a paparazzi scuffle is a little like saying Noah welcomed the flood because his garden had been looking a little dry.

Sorry, I'm not very good with off the cuff analogies.

Ha ha! No, that's a good one. I chortled! Thumbs up!

Astras, point well taken. The paparazzi are obnoxious and I agree that probably no celebrity relishes being swarmed like that. Sorry if my prior post conveyed negativity. It was unintentional.

Oh, no worries! It didn't. That's the wonderful thing about having a forum where we can post our thoughts. I have to admit that I've been a little taken aback, and yet fascinated and amused by the idea that not everyone on a GC fan board seems to be a fan in the positive sense. Of course he isn't perfect, and there is room for a critical eye, but I've been struck by some of the personal criticism directed at him in various threads on this board. I've been surprised, although maybe I shouldn't be. Btw, this is a general comment and not necessary directed at anyone posting in this particular thread. I never want anyone to feel attacked or criticized by me. After all, I'm here for pleasant reasons. Smile

I too think he mostly takes the paps in stride melbert, but I'm not convinced it's something he welcomes. Not to name drop, but I once spent a good half hour trying to help Jack Nicholson outlast paps who were surrounding his car, waiting for him to leave the building. Jack was resigned to the fact that they are part of his daily life, but having to deal with them gets tiring. He finally plowed ahead and graciously surrendered so he could go home.

So they are part of G's life to be sure, but does he REALLY care if any of us see him out and about with a current GF? It's not as though fans exactly gush over whomever he's dating at the time. I would think he's got other things to focus on... but then I could be completely clueless here. Or in denial. Shocked

Don't get me wrong, I think he cares about fans in the general sense, how he treats them, and whether or not they like his films to some extent; but I don't think our opinion of his love life is at the top of his list when he decides to date someone. At least I hope not - we're an impossible group to please! I mean, if he actually cared what fans thought, he'd marry a Sandra Bullock type and be done with it. Laughing

He doesn't strike me a particularly vain. I mean, no more so than most people who make a living in the public eye. At least he's self-deprecating about it, so I give him a pass. Razz

Back to the topic at hand, I think we've become a celeb obsessed culture and the paps are the engine that fuels it. With the incredible popularity of cell phone cameras and vids, twitter and other social media, they are everywhere these days. There really is no escaping them. It's a sorry state of affairs when grown men are tripping over themselves and falling over garbage cans just to get a photo of someone. But I guess everyone needs to make a living somehow...
Astras
Astras
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Tue 27 Mar 2012, 12:50

Wouldn't mind papz, I would ask those guys to bring some cake along !!! geek You got to be inventive !!! ROTFL
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 27 Mar 2012, 13:55

cake?
scratch you lost me....
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 20 Jul 2012, 12:42

BLINDED PAPPARAZZI

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thumbs up!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 21 Jul 2012, 04:48

it's me wrote:BLINDED PAPPARAZZI

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thumbs up!

What a great idea!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 21 Jul 2012, 07:11

Razz right!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down