George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Beware of new George Clooney website - UPDATE! - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Beware of new George Clooney website - UPDATE! - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Beware of new George Clooney website - UPDATE! - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Beware of new George Clooney website - UPDATE! - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Beware of new George Clooney website - UPDATE! - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Beware of new George Clooney website - UPDATE! - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Beware of new George Clooney website - UPDATE! - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Beware of new George Clooney website - UPDATE! - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Beware of new George Clooney website - UPDATE! - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Beware of new George Clooney website - UPDATE!

+29
premiere
MyGirlKylie
fava
bellybaby
Natascha
noodle
zizi
Lakin460
Joanna
davidarochelle
MM
Dexterdidit
theminis
annemarie
lucy
LornaDoone
janieb
Cinderella
Lighterside
pattygirl
it's me
sadDonkey
adgran
Merlin
cindigirl
EEOsandy
melbert
silly girl
Katiedot
33 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Beware of new George Clooney website - UPDATE! - Page 2 Empty Re: Beware of new George Clooney website - UPDATE!

Post by noodle Thu 05 Apr 2012, 03:01

It's not just you. It was working a few hours ago but not now.

noodle
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Beware of new George Clooney website - UPDATE! - Page 2 Empty Re: Beware of new George Clooney website - UPDATE!

Post by Natascha Thu 05 Apr 2012, 03:05

zizi, you're not the only one with who has a problem, I can't find it either.

Natascha

Back to top Go down

Post by zizi Thu 05 Apr 2012, 03:10

Thanks. I appreciate your answers. Maybe Katie will know what the problem is.

zizi
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Thu 05 Apr 2012, 03:19

I did see it too....at the end of the postings....the last page I think I read that they were going to close it down....they knew Katie had found it.

Boy this feels like a script for a bad conspiracy movie.... Wink lol

Anyway no biggie, I just feel bad that there are hard feelings....we are supposed to be here to forget our problems and have a bit of fun....

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 05 Apr 2012, 03:48

Zizi, looks like they've closed that site. You'll need to google it then read the cached versions of the page.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by adgran Thu 05 Apr 2012, 04:38

Anyway no biggie, I just feel bad that there are hard feelings....we are supposed to be here to forget our problems and have a bit of fun....[/quote]

Silly Girl - So right! Let the fun continue. cheers

adgran
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by zizi Thu 05 Apr 2012, 04:39

Katiedot wrote:Zizi, looks like they've closed that site. You'll need to google it then read the cached versions of the page.

Thank you Katie. But, is it worth my time ? I dunno

zizi

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Thu 05 Apr 2012, 04:49

Wow. Unbelievable. Katie, I'm so sorry you've had to deal with these freaks. I didn't see the other forum pages, but don't really need to.

Thank you for doing this, and running this site. I just don't get why people can't play nice. If they don't like something, they insist on changing it or removing it, instead of just avoiding it. It's like people trying to censor things on tv. If you don't like it, don't go to that channel. Easy. But you can't argue with crazy.

A long time ago I found MCC and lurked there for a little bit before it shut down. Never really understood what had happened. Then when Clooney Unlimited forum started, I started posting, using the same user name. But I've never posted on IMDB (I don't have patience for that kind of shit), nor on any other site. So, if anybody sees "me" posting somewhere, other than here, please send me a pm to confirm whether or not it's actually me. I'd appreciate it. And I'll do the same if I ever see any weird posts from anyone I recognize from here.

We've all disagreed on George issues in the past, and we will in the future, but we all seem to agree to disagree, as it should be.

So, let's keep our eyes open, and pm each other and Katie if anything seems questionable.

I've got no problem with someone starting another forum, in fact given the recent postings from the recent two crazies, I'd rather they go somewhere else. But I do have a problem with someone so desperate to control things that they would compromise our good names.

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Thu 05 Apr 2012, 15:00

I wish them well with their new site, Clooney Aficianados(?). Do they really think that they won't have the same problems as appear occasionally here? We are all individuals, with our own opinions and all subjects pretaining to GTC and that does occasionally cause friction among us. Don't think self monitoring will do the trick but hey, hope it works for them. They claim Katie is harsh, huh! Well, the fact that they've already decided to "ban" certain posters sounds pretty dictatorial to me. It's sad that they felt they had to sneak about it. It would have been more forthright of them to just say they were going to start another GTC forum and invite all his fans to come, take a look, and if we like, join them. I'm sure that would have been the more politic, politer way of presenting themselves and their forum.
I read all the posts on JFU, and am sorry to say, I really feel sorry for them. That they have so much bitterness toward Katie and others here is beyond sad. Also, if they had been a bit more forthright and told us (at least Katie) upfront, they might have been able to work through some of their logistic problems by asking her help, which I'm sure Katie would have given.
Soooo, Let's all wish them well and Bon Voyage! Smile
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 05 Apr 2012, 15:34

huf!
what a pic
Patty....

drool3
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Apr 2012, 16:01

I don't post much here (not much of a Clooney fan) but I do think it's quite outrageous that those people on that new site continue right up to the end to suggest - insist! - that their so-called private discussion site was hacked into by Katie. Either they don't know how the internet works Rolling Eyes or they are being deliberately obtuse and disingenuous. The latter, I think, since one of the admins admits, after the leak was discovered, that she failed to secure the site properly earlier on in their discussions, hence why the pages were available on google. No hacking, no need, just plain old incompetance.

Had they put their hands up and accepted that they'd screwed up, took it on the chin and apologised, then fine. Move forward with some dignity intact. But to leave that self-serving and dishonest claim as the final post on that forum speaks volumes about the mindset of the people involved.

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 05 Apr 2012, 16:26

Go away for a week and that's when you miss all the stuff. Honestly I don't think missing this was much. Sorry Katie is being targeted she doesn't deserve it IMO, can't understand why?????? if you don't like it here or agree with most of the posters,don't visit etc. The same thing happen with The Cookies people didn't or couldn't fit in so they had to point fingers, name call, pick fights, try to destroy something that brought joy to others and in such a negative way. Agree with Pattygirl go with our blessing, start your own site, but don't destroy COH in the process. Like the new green thumbs up.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 05 Apr 2012, 16:35

Hi Lucy, nice to see you back. Apparently that new site isn't doing very well so far. I kind of wish there wasn't so much attention paid to it though, it may encourage curious people to visit. The COH forum will be a hard act to follow because it's set the bar so high.

I know Katie told me there's need for me to thank you but dammit, I'm going to thank her again anyway. lip smack
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by adgran Thu 05 Apr 2012, 16:43

I agree that Katie does a great job and did not deserve the hassle of an attack on her from the 4 involved in starting that new site. Thanks to all who post and comment in good fun.

adgran
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 05 Apr 2012, 17:04

Nice to be back cindigirl, just happy COH is still here to come back to!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Thu 05 Apr 2012, 17:06

Sorry Katie that your feelings were hurt-- I think you do a terrific job. Sometimes the sandbox is not big enough for everyone to play nice. I do think there is always room for a new forum and the admin will find out it is not as easy as they think--hence the turnover in sites the last few years. New site is very clunky anyway and just makes me appreciate the ease of this site more. I also appreciate the "open house" concept (although I frequently am amazed by the theories folks sometimes come up with when presented with exactly the same limited information!) A site with a sorority -like atmosphere is not for me.

Thanks for all the updates and Clooney information--hope you can keep it coming!

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Thu 05 Apr 2012, 19:05

I haven't checked out this new site you guys are talking about but wanted to quickly say that I ain't going nowhere. I don't browse or post on any other GC websites and I don't plan on it. But then again, I am a sockpuppet too, apparently geek

Is it me or do these whack jobs have WAAAAAYYYY too much time on their hands? scratch Suspect

Katie, keep on keeping on, girl. You've been nothing but nice and treat everyone fairly the whole time I've been a member. You have allowed everyone to express their opinion, even if it differs from your own, as long as they are repectful to others. We regulars, oldtimers Question ! got your back. warning
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Thu 05 Apr 2012, 20:29

Well, these troublemakers will get their comeuppance one day; it will all come back to them and kick them in the teeth. It will be in a situation where they will tell the truth, but no one will believe them.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 05 Apr 2012, 20:43

As I'm in agreement with comments here, I've popped a green
to you all.
I was shocked at was said about me and others on that forum,
by two members from here too.

Never mind aye ?

flower Easter Greetings to You All here flower
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 05 Apr 2012, 20:52

Natascha wrote:zizi, you're not the only one with who has a problem, I can't find it either.

Hi Natasha....love your Avatar !

GTC has a lovely New Girl Friend Love3
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Thu 05 Apr 2012, 23:03

As a newcomer with relative naiveté about blogs, I was both dismayed and astounded by the naysayers and intermittent disruptive activity targeting such a pleasant and enjoyable forum as COH. It has been a welcoming and inclusive experience, foremost by Katie, but also by the regular posters whose voices have often made my day. I echo all the supportive sentiments expressed here. And I, for one, LIKE the presence of a mediator/moderator and think Katie fills those shoes with tact and grace. Well done, girl!

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. As I read the JFU blog, it was obvious that COH was the model from which their decisions sprang. Their hypocrisy glared as they boasted of implementing the same practices for which they libeled COH. I quit reading after about page 5 or 6. The toxicity was overwhelming and I have better things to do.

It’s incredibly painful when those whom you regard as friends betray you. But far better to be divested of friends such as these have proven to be.

I bear no ill will toward the site, but I doubt it will prosper, since its “birth” is clouded by malice, hatred and bitter envy. It may prove to be their undoing If (no…when) they turn it on each other.

Peace to us all!!! Happy Easter if that’s your thing. Have a great weekend anyway, if it’s not. Love it here! Thanks for letting me hang with you all!
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 05 Apr 2012, 23:08

Well said Lakin460, I missed the whole event, haven't read any of the new site. Don't mind a good debate, but tire of constant back biting, and insults, so I'm glad to have COH to spend my free time.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by premiere Thu 05 Apr 2012, 23:22

Lakin460 wrote:As a newcomer with relative naiveté about blogs, I was both dismayed and astounded by the naysayers and intermittent disruptive activity targeting such a pleasant and enjoyable forum as COH. It has been a welcoming and inclusive experience, foremost by Katie, but also by the regular posters whose voices have often made my day. I echo all the supportive sentiments expressed here. And I, for one, LIKE the presence of a mediator/moderator and think Katie fills those shoes with tact and grace. Well done, girl!

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. As I read the JFU blog, it was obvious that COH was the model from which their decisions sprang. Their hypocrisy glared as they boasted of implementing the same practices for which they libeled COH. I quit reading after about page 5 or 6. The toxicity was overwhelming and I have better things to do.

It’s incredibly painful when those whom you regard as friends betray you. But far better to be divested of friends such as these have proven to be.

I bear no ill will toward the site, but I doubt it will prosper, since its “birth” is clouded by malice, hatred and bitter envy. It may prove to be their undoing If (no…when) they turn it on each other.

Peace to us all!!! Happy Easter if that’s your thing. Have a great weekend anyway, if it’s not. Love it here! Thanks for letting me hang with you all!

I completely agree with you, Lakin.

Katie, I think you're amazing, and thank you wo much for working so hard to keep up this forum.I also enjoy reading your no-nonsense comments because I think most of us need a reality check once in a while!
premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 06 Apr 2012, 00:16

Just wanted to wish all a Happy Easter, to those posters directly affected by the mean-spiritedness of JFU, may the endorphin rush from all the chocolates dispel some of your sad feelings. Katie you obviously have the support of a lot of posters, hope that makes your heart glad - keep up the great work!!! 10 out of 10
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by caudata Fri 06 Apr 2012, 02:05

I'd like to second theminis. While I am new here and not familiar with everyone, none of the people targeted in JFU pages deserved what was written about them. I appreciate the effort each of you, particularly Katie, put into this site. It's unfortunate that some people insist on turning something we do for fun, as an escape from the stresses of our daily lives, into a stressor itself. Perhaps we should all watch our favorite George Clooney movie and remember why we're all here.
caudata
caudata
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 06 Apr 2012, 05:34

I'd like to know who the back stabbers were so I can make sure I don't come across them anywhere else.

Anyone have any screen names?
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Fri 06 Apr 2012, 07:03

There's a thread on IMDb that talks about the new site you can find some of the names of those that started the site. I haven't been on-line all week so I missed reading the JFU pages, can't understand why the betrayal had to happen at all, if they weren't happy here just go off at start your own site why all the high school behavior!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 06 Apr 2012, 10:46

LornaDoone wrote:I'd like to know who the back stabbers were so I can make sure I don't come across them anywhere else.

I've pm'd you.
How's Exmoor looking today ! Any snow on Dunkery Beacon ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 07 Apr 2012, 04:54

Joanna wrote:
LornaDoone wrote:I'd like to know who the back stabbers were so I can make sure I don't come across them anywhere else.

I've pm'd you.
How's Exmoor looking today ! Any snow on Dunkery Beacon ?

Thanks for the info. Geesh what a mess!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Sat 07 Apr 2012, 06:15

I am honestly having a difficult time understanding this thread Katie.. I very obviously missed out on reading the mysterious "14pages" but then... if that was meant to be "private" among a set of George's FANS, why should they even be discussed? Na?

First and foremost... this thread is asking us, that is, those who LOVE George / George Clooney, to "BEWARE" of another George Clooney FANS website?? WHY?? WHAT are the danger elements from that website?? And for who?? For George?? NONE!!! So where is the problem??

This Open House, is ALSO just one of the George Clooney FAN Websites, if I am given to understand that right? Smile And those logged in / lurking in, are George's FANS, not yours, nor the Open House's, right? So where is the threat??

And secondly, how do George's FANS beginning their "own" Websites, become "poachers"?? / "traiters"?? / "betrayers"?? OF who?? The four persons... I guess, from IMDb, Sisieq + Dex + Charley + Oleandra ... or whoever they really are... have all been AGE-OLD George Clooney FANS, from what I have read so far!!! Just as yourself and many others logged in here!!! They continue to LOVE George AND care for him NO DOUBT!!! I simply don't understand their crime?? Sad

And so, IF they went AWAY from this OPEN HOUSE... with some grouse... then you as a Blog Owner, (that is all you are Katie, na?? Just Blog-Owner, and NO you don't OWN George's FANs or George's FAN-Choices of where they wish to be... ) So YES, as a Blog Owner, you most obviously should be re-validating / re-evaluating on the WHYs... NOT complaining / thrashing... but working on improving somethings that may have gone wrong FOR George in THIS Open House!!! NOT wrong for yourself, but for George's FANS!! Right??? We are not here for Katiedot, surely!!! Although, we do appreciate your "good work", BUT we get here FOR GEORGE's sake... for George / George Clooney!!!

IF people here, as I see, have reposed their faith in you, KUDOS Katie!! Am so glad they do... Their innocence / innocent confidence in you, should boost your energies, help you purify your actions, and work better "FOR" George, surely!!! Na? Smile

Coming to the part of unhappy posters, forced to "LEAVE" a George's FAN website, no, NOT LEAVE George hopefully Very Happy either to become "MEMBERS" elsewhere or to begin their OWN website / Home / House for George, just WHY should they be made to feel like they SINNED!!!??? Did they?? George / Stan, ought to address this gap perhaps, about where George's FANS can ideally log in their "problems" during their stay in George's blogs!!! Now that is George's part... his management's part to work out... NOT yours surely?? Question na??

And lastly, this is about IDs, if I am right, na??... Because, as far as I have noticed on George's Boards, people (especially PR folks) can appear on different Blog sites using different IDs... haaaaaa!!! So then, your "BEWARE" sign surely makes everything about "movement" all the more meaningless, na?? "BEWARE" for who?? Even if these were about "people" then of what use will the "butchering" of fellow George FANS be, because they wish to flee?? (OUCH!!) Very Happy

I guess, George / Stan must hopefully standardize their Blog Owners Policy / Club... to inculcate a spirit of sharing among Blog Owners / FANs, that which will/should help one another create MORE FUN places FOR George, where FANS can love to be in for "their" George... a place that must each have enough creativity and candour in it, so as to HELP George, much less impede his progress with the wrong vibes / dissentment / discord... or any other negative PR / force... Smile

Peace... I love you
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 07 Apr 2012, 06:51

Pari wrote:I am honestly having a difficult time understanding this thread Katie.. I very obviously missed out on reading the mysterious "14pages"
Yes, you did miss out on a lot, which is why the rest of your post doesn't make a huge amount of sense because you're confusing two different conversations, but let me try to answer.

Firstly, this thread is about two different things. It began with a warning about a copycat site that I thought was going to be created by the IMDb nutcase. This is because she posted that she was going to do so. She's done it before to the Milano Cookie Crumbs site, and I didn't want the same confusion as before if she did it again.

THEN a new site was created, but not by her at all. The later posts are about the new site which was set up by four posters from here. You're mixing up two different conversations.

Pari wrote:but then... if that was meant to be "private" among a set of George's FANS, why should they even be discussed?
Because the conversation wasn't private. If anyone tells you otherwise, they're lying to you. The entire conversation was open to the public and readable by anyone. They said as much in their own site.

I don't believe the site was created for nice reasons nor run in good faith which is why I shared the conversation. Then you can make your own mind up about it.

Pari wrote:And so, IF they went AWAY from this OPEN HOUSE... with some grouse... then you as a Blog Owner, [ . . . ] most obviously should be re-validating / re-evaluating on the WHYs... [ . . . ] working on improving somethings that may have gone wrong FOR George in THIS Open House!!! NOT wrong for yourself, but for George's FANS!!
Firstly, you're forgetting I'm also a fan. Secondly as to why I didn't address their complaints it's because they never mentioned anything to me. Not a sausage. First thing I knew is when I read about it.

As far as I can see, the gist of their complaint is that some people disagreed with them on this site and I allowed it. They think that's 'unfair'. It seems they want a site where they can write what they want and not have anyone disagree with them.

Pari wrote: And secondly, how do George's FANS beginning their "own" Websites, become "poachers"?? / "traiters"?? / "betrayers"??
Let me see, by copying the structure of this site, by planning how to trick people into joining, by wanting to deceive posters who ran the site, by copying ideas behind this site. Is that a good start? Pretty much every page of their planning mentions this site so it's very clear who they were targeting.

You don't have to take my word for this. It's all written in their own words.

Pari wrote:And so, IF they went AWAY from this OPEN HOUSE... with some grouse...
Yep, and I don't have a problem with that. I've stated above that if they'd just gone and set up a new site, then so be it and no hard feelings. I object to them trying to copy my site, trying to poach posters etc etc.

Pari wrote:Coming to the part of unhappy posters, forced to "LEAVE" a George's FAN website,
Not sure what you're talking about. Nobody's forced to leave this site. I'm more than happy for posters to join as many sites as they want. There have always been several fan sites, no reason why there can't be now. If posters on other sites are being forced to choose, IMO that's sad but this site is open for everyone.

If you mean the people who created the site, once they'd copied this place, they were then going to use this place to promote their forum, send out PMs, so no, I'm not letting them do that. They've already had an easy ride copying this, so let them make some effort of their own.

They can still visit and still read here.

I take it you haven't read the conversation, because if you had, you'd know that you aren't wanted on their site. Your name is on the list of posters from here who they don't want posting on their site.

You are, always, welcome here.

Last edited by Katiedot on Sat 07 Apr 2012, 09:20; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : thought of something else)
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cooksie Sat 07 Apr 2012, 08:11

I am not even sure what to say Katiedot. Except you have a very nice site and as an observer for entertainment purposes I think you do a good job of moderating. You step in a conversation when it is so far off track people need to be reminded of why they are here or the nastiness gets to be a bit much. Just keep doing what you do and the haters will just keep on hating. Think of it as a community service. At least it keeps them from tearing down weaker souls. Blessings to you.

cooksie
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Sat 07 Apr 2012, 16:27

Pari,
I'm also catching up, as I've has a few great principal acting/comedy gigs and "sizzle reels." Pari, I don't think that you understand the problem. You should know that someone has slandered you, claiming that you are an imposter, and that you are really an employee of Stan, G's manager, paid to write lies on COH. Worse there have been posts on Just Jared by "Pari", imitating your writing style, which OBVIOUSLY were NOT you at all. My good name has also been used on JJ in association with insane rants. Yes all of us can simply ignore these crazy accusations, and feel sympathy for a human being that has nothing better to do than write such garbage, or is so mentally ill that she can't discern reality. The real danger is that naive readers might believe some of it. I have been REPEATEDLY threatened with expulsion from COH because someone bizarrely thought that I WAS the nutjob. Also that I was my nemesis, Kirstie Allie, and was dissing COH on JJ.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 07 Apr 2012, 16:38

Thanks Katie for setting it all out clearly
and rationally Thumbs up!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by noodle Sat 07 Apr 2012, 16:54

davida the things that were said about posters on the 14 page JFU that has since been deleted were not about sock puppets, other identities, etc. It's not about the person we've been dealing with who's has a fragile (or non existent ) grip on reality. They were saying mean hateful things about some of the posters here, and about Katie, because they disliked or maybe even hated them. Mostly because they disagreed with them or just didn't like the way they wrote things. It was very hateful and personal, kind of like kids on a playground with some petty reason to single another child out and be mean to them.

noodle

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Sun 08 Apr 2012, 05:15

I just cant understand mean people. LA is full of them, and it baffles me every time
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 08 Apr 2012, 13:04

I agree with you playfuldeb and of course, they're not only in LA.
I've met some shockers in my time.
But they're outweighed every time by lovely people. flower
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 08 Apr 2012, 16:53

and wowzers, do we have the lovely people HERE!!!!!! Give Flowers
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 08 Apr 2012, 16:58

Yes we do, and Happy Easter to all you lovely people and your families. Love2
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 08 Apr 2012, 17:00

Happy Easter !!!

Beware of new George Clooney website - UPDATE! - Page 2 Buona-pasqua
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 08 Apr 2012, 17:32

That is too cute, It's Me!!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 08 Apr 2012, 17:35

I know Very Happy

ciao! Hello!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 08 Apr 2012, 18:54

wowzers...what a lovely word mel Thumbs up!

Learning curve still curving for me here.
We're all lovely peepies here......cos mel said !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 08 Apr 2012, 19:38

What I find interesting is that these "new" George sites feel the need to copy or worse steal code and try to dupe people into going to their site instead.

Like katiedot said, there have been several George related sites at any given time with posters going from one to the other so that's not an issue. But this blatant attempt to steal the efforts and work of others is just mind boggling.

As to the 14 pages of vitriol - I didn't read them and frankly I'm glad. No use getting upset by a few people who don't like the comments made here. Agree to disagree or put someone on the ignore list and move on if you have an issue with what someone is saying.

And I'll note again - I don't post on any other George sites or on IMDB so if you see a Lorna Doone it will be an imposter.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Mon 09 Apr 2012, 15:24

Thanks Katie!! I appreciate your note and send you warm hugs for your kindness Hug1

I guess I did not make myself very clear about a few things in there... My apologies Smile Three things kind of sum up what lurks in my mind on this subject

(1) that there can ideally be NO REAL ownership of anything George / George Clooney, across George's Boards, by anyone person / party, except by George himself, or those deemed responsible by him Smile

(2) that I would indeed ideally NOT support something stolen, deceptive, etc etc... but then, I also have a problem trying to validate the real / the truth, within George's Boards... Very Happy I'd much prefer spending the time praying for his fans' welfare and for his own, instead of having to be caught up in some useless maze trying to decipher what was really marked to be... Smile

(3) that I yearn for a loving+respectful partnership among George's Board Owners, so as to facilitate easy and enjoyable movement of his FANS, in a spirit of complete freedom, fairness and fearlessness... so there is no animosity among anyone Smile

I guess, this is also a time to forgive, amend and move on... and in anycase as I see that the topic is kind of asleep, I'd much prefer NOT to awaken anything that which must not be... Smile

Love I love you
Pari
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Mon 09 Apr 2012, 15:29

Thanks also Davida for your explaining I love you I am kind of getting used to seeing myself mis-interpretted / mis-quoted / played with HAHAHAHAHAHAHA and I am just a simple wanderer everywhere cheers
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Mon 09 Apr 2012, 15:38

I must add though... not for anyone in particular, but on a more general note... that the term "nutcase" / "nutjob" for a human being is beyond oppressive!!! I understand the anger that someones' work can generate in our hearts and minds sometimes... but then FINALLY, ultimately, each one of us is a very special creation of God... a very genuine piece of marvel that HE made with much pride and awe... And so, every "term" that we tag people with, darts direct into God's own heart... Sad Again... that comes to who-ever reading, with lots of love... I love you

I apologize also in case I have made someone "feel" like one anytime I love you that was never my intention Hug1
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Mon 09 Apr 2012, 15:41

It's me!!! Easter wishes on this thread also?? Same to you too --- half dog half bunny lots of full eggs and many pretty dolls... hmmm... did I miss anything?? Wink

I love you
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Mon 09 Apr 2012, 21:15

I'm normally very sympathetic. The mentally ill are still human beings, and God's creations. And this is not North Korea where they are routinely killed. But when someone falsely appropriates my name, and I am almost 86'd from COH because of it, I cannot be quiet. It's just as bad when the poster uses others' names maliciously.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Tue 10 Apr 2012, 04:44

I dont know where this new sight is, or the slanderous people using our names, so I have no idea if I have been impersonated, but I only come here, and nowhere else. Katie has a solid stable websight with good people here.
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next