George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Other current films we like (non-George ones) EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Other current films we like (non-George ones) EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Other current films we like (non-George ones) EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Other current films we like (non-George ones) EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Other current films we like (non-George ones) EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Other current films we like (non-George ones) EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Other current films we like (non-George ones) EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Other current films we like (non-George ones) EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Other current films we like (non-George ones) EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Other current films we like (non-George ones)

+6
Joanna
Cinderella
m4rose
melbert
cindigirl
Katiedot
10 posters

Go down

Other current films we like (non-George ones) Empty Other current films we like (non-George ones)

Post by Katiedot Sun 25 Dec 2011, 14:12

One of my great pleasures when I get to a country that actually shows films in English is sneaking off to the cinema as often as I can (where I live is so remote that there's only one cinema in the whole country - and that's more than 300km from my home - which is usually showing Bollywood blockbusters from the late 90s).

Just saw Sherlock Holmes 2 and We Bought a Zoo. I really liked both, which I wasn't expecting. Is it just me or does Matt Damon with a rubbish haircut really look like Mark Wahlberg??!?

Sadly The Descendants (and in fact most of the 'Oscar bait' films) aren't out yet in this part of the world so I'm stuck watching blockbusters. I've got a choice between Puss in Boots or Arthur Christmas. Any thoughts?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Other current films we like (non-George ones) Empty Re: Other current films we like (non-George ones)

Post by cindigirl Sun 25 Dec 2011, 14:40

I would go with Arthur Christmas. It seem to be cheerful.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Other current films we like (non-George ones) Empty Re: Other current films we like (non-George ones)

Post by melbert Sun 25 Dec 2011, 16:06

I hope you are enjoying your "down" time Katie and that you can majorly overdose on all the films you want!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by m4rose Sun 25 Dec 2011, 17:25

Not sure about the movies out now but I personally like watching the old classic movies. Nothing says holidays like Cary Grants The Bishops Wife or White Christmas with GC Aunt.
m4rose
m4rose
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Sun 25 Dec 2011, 19:49

I totally agree, M4Rose! I love the classics!
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 16 Jan 2012, 15:01

Two films I enjoy watching over & over, mainly because
of Maggie Smith.....

My House In Umbria
Tea with Mussolini

Also a long film made by Ingmar Bergman, based on his childhood
I believe,
Fanny & Alexandra
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Mon 16 Jan 2012, 15:15

Have seen Help twice, both times I laughed and cried.
Hope some of the ones I've missed that have been nom. for awards will come out on DVD. Like IOM on TUES.can't wait to see it again in my theater.
Tinker, Tailor, Solider, Spy, was one I enjoyed over the holidays. Liked that it was like trying to solve a puzzle, with a minimum of action scenes.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Ello Mon 16 Jan 2012, 19:03

I loved Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, though it was hard work keeping up, even though I read the book. We pieced together the plot afterwards. The 70s detail was so good, even the trees looked like they came out of 1976. It was distracting actually. I kept thinking, 'we used to have those Christmas decorations', 'that's the pencil sharpener we had at school!', it was hard to concentrate!
Ello
Ello
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 17 Jan 2012, 03:26

I liked the Help, too. And even more surprisingly, I also liked Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol.

Has anyone seen Hugo? That's the one I really would love to see.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Tue 17 Jan 2012, 03:30

Yes saw it at IMAX, now that was fun fast packed action!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Tue 17 Jan 2012, 04:26

Cinderella wrote:I totally agree, M4Rose! I love the classics!

Me too! My favorite classics are Wizard of Oz, Harvey, West Side Story just to name a few

Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Tue 17 Jan 2012, 04:29

lucy wrote:Have seen Help twice, both times I laughed and cried.
Hope some of the ones I've missed that have been nom. for awards will come out on DVD. Like IOM on TUES.can't wait to see it again in my theater.
Tinker, Tailor, Solider, Spy, was one I enjoyed over the holidays. Liked that it was like trying to solve a puzzle, with a minimum of action scenes.

The help was wonderful! I also really Joyful Noise. i have just seen that last friday and i made my own joyful noise at the end of the movie. it was great!
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 17 Jan 2012, 04:51

lucy wrote:Yes saw it at IMAX, now that was fun fast packed action!
So glad to hear it was good. I saw the trailer in 3D (I was at the Tintin film) and I thought to myself that finally someone has understood how to use 3D properly and not just as a gimmick. It looked fantastic.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ello Tue 17 Jan 2012, 07:03

IMAX 3D was a revelation to me, it is fantastic. The Star Wars movies are coming out in 3D soon. I don't know how good re-issued films can be, though. I saw the Lion King in 3D and didn't think that was very good (the 3D experience not the film. It terrified my 6 year old nephew, mind you so he was getting it). I assume there's a difference in the production process if it isn't originally made in 3D, but I'm a techno-idiot and I don't know how any of it is done.
Ello
Ello
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 17 Jan 2012, 07:50

I'm truly in love with 3D films and I'm sure that it won't be too long before all films are made in 3D.

We just need the filmakers who can understand how to visualise it properly and that'll take a while yet.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ello Tue 17 Jan 2012, 08:06

Yes, usually the titles are the best bit at the moment. The cinemas have to change too, the difference between 3D in IMAX and on an ordinary screen is huge. The creative possibilities of CGI are endless. Have you noticed the revolution that's happened in fireworks over the last year or two? Of course, they have the whole sky to play with but I haven't seen anything on the screen that gets close yet.
Ello
Ello
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 17 Jan 2012, 13:01

revolution in fireworks ?
no, tell me
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 17 Jan 2012, 13:02

and sorry
what is IMAX?

thanks
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 17 Jan 2012, 13:06

It's Me: don't you have access to google?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 17 Jan 2012, 20:56

oh Katie
grazie di cuore
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down