George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Which (if any) George Clooney films don't you like? EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Which (if any) George Clooney films don't you like? EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Which (if any) George Clooney films don't you like? EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Which (if any) George Clooney films don't you like? EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Which (if any) George Clooney films don't you like? EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Which (if any) George Clooney films don't you like? EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Which (if any) George Clooney films don't you like? EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Which (if any) George Clooney films don't you like? EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
Which (if any) George Clooney films don't you like? EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Which (if any) George Clooney films don't you like?

+5
party animal - not!
LizzyNY
starlove
heartlove
Admin
9 posters

Go down

Which (if any) George Clooney films don't you like? Empty Which (if any) George Clooney films don't you like?

Post by Admin Mon 29 Jun 2020, 16:01

Taking this from another thread:

LizzyNY wrote:I've been trying to come up with a George movie I don't like but I can't think of one. There are a couple I don't love, but for the most part I can find something watchable in all of them - even "Batman". Smile (I try really hard not to think of when his movies were made. Doesn't just make him seem old - makes me feel old, too! Sad)

I'm curious to know if there are any of his movies that COH posters don't like.

Interested if there are any films that Clooney fans aren't fans of?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Which (if any) George Clooney films don't you like? Empty Re: Which (if any) George Clooney films don't you like?

Post by heartlove Mon 29 Jun 2020, 16:07

Yes.  I'm not very found of "The Three Romantic Relationships and My Wife with Children" movie.

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Which (if any) George Clooney films don't you like? Empty Re: Which (if any) George Clooney films don't you like?

Post by starlove Tue 30 Jun 2020, 01:28

The last ones starting from monuments men till this moment  I do not know why but he lost his spark from that movie ...I tried to watch 15 m but could not and all the movies /tv after it .

starlove
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 30 Jun 2020, 02:09

There were lots of things I liked about "Monuments Men", but somehow it didn't work as a whole. I can't put my finger on why it didn't work, but I think it had to do with the pacing and editing - although maybe in some places it was the script. I don't know.

I thought "Catch 22" was really well done.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 30 Jun 2020, 14:56

I really liked it, BUT for your average audience these days it's tricky if any image on the

screen lasts longer than three seconds. It was a complicated story about and of people of a

certain demographic now, covered several countries and several pieces of art - so not necce

sarily a blockbuster. But a largely unknown tale. I took a great friend of my father's to see it

and he was very impressed with lots of it - and related to many of the wartime scenes....but i

t was several episodes rather than just the one - like 'Dunkirk'....

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 30 Jun 2020, 16:19

I think that's the problem I have with some of the movies he writes/directs. There are episodes within each that I really like, but the project doesn't seem to come together as a whole.

The ones I think are most successful are "Good Night and Good Luck" and "The Ides of March" - although I thought the ending of IOM was too predictable. I liked MM too, but for me the parts were greater than the whole and I think it was due to the pacing of the film. It needed to be a little bit tighter - maybe a little more connected.

One other point: I think Hugh Laurie was totally wasted in "Catch 22". Whether his part was under-written or cut, he could have saved himself the trouble. I hope he at least had fun on set.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Tue 30 Jun 2020, 16:36

I love "The Man Inside, the Untold Story" based on a true story; It's my favorite.

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 30 Jun 2020, 17:22

Ah, yes, Lizzy, Hugh Laurie. Pretty amazing in some brilliant tv (which of course is where he

started with the review and funny stuff with Stephen Fry) but I think he is very selective with

long gigs - mostly because he'd rather play jazz and blues piano around the world and so to

dip into projects with folks he knows, mean he can do that.

Oh Lizzy - the Micky stuff. Easy to find at the mo as every single naff story about George online is by them.

So Google and there it all is....

at the mo - almost
every story about George is from them

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Tue 30 Jun 2020, 17:32

PAN, by who?

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 30 Jun 2020, 18:03

Thanks for the info about mickey. I hadn't noticed.

I've seen some of the things Hugh Laurie did with Stephen Fry (who I LOVE!) and of course "House", which is still on the air here. He's such a good actor that it disappoints me when he takes parts that amount to little more than cameos.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Tue 30 Jun 2020, 18:07

what's mickey?

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 30 Jun 2020, 18:50

Read PAN's post.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Tue 30 Jun 2020, 18:52

I did not understand Pan's post, that's why I asked PAN-who and you- what.

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 30 Jun 2020, 18:58

"mickey" seems to be a website that among other things posts tabloid garbage about George. You can google them if you want.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 30 Jun 2020, 19:03

Google it, Heartlove. Not difficult. And it's Micky apparently.....

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Tue 30 Jun 2020, 19:09

I did, I got Mickey Mouse

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 30 Jun 2020, 19:14

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy lol!

(Sorry! Embarassed  Couldn't help it!)

Seriously, if it's that important to you, keep trying. The site is out there so you're bound to find it eventually.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Tue 30 Jun 2020, 19:54

PAN if you have the website, can you please post the link?

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 30 Jun 2020, 20:10

Are we going down another rabbit-hole yet again here?

Go to the start of the thread Katie posted on this non-story

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 03 Jul 2020, 20:01

Lizzy, for you.

Two chats from Clooney and Laurie

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 03 Jul 2020, 20:06

And he also retweeted this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 03 Jul 2020, 21:04

President Obama runs rings around Trump with his Intelligence and common sense none of which Trump will ever  have.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 03 Jul 2020, 23:27

Thanks, PAN. I had already seen the Kimmel clip, but not the interview. I don't know why it constantly surprises me how funny Hugh Laurie is. There was a link to him on the Graham Norton show that also included him performing with his band. I knew he was a musician, but I didn't expect good old down-home blues to come out of his mouth! He's really good!

Which of them retweeted Obama? (I subscribe to Brian Tyler Cohen, but haven't checked in for a while.) I wonder if George is following any of the anti-Trump Republican sites that are springing up. Some of what they're creating is absolutely vicious. Sadly, I don't think anything will make much of a dent in drumpf's base.

Back to the topic (sort of): Nobody seems to have a least-favorite George movie. Is there one that, if it turns up on tv, you absolutely won't miss? Is there one you'd probably only watch if you have nothing better to do?

(PAN - I just discovered "Kingdom" with Stephen Fry on Hulu. Is this an old show or something new?)
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 05 Jul 2020, 18:54

Oh damn, my least favourite film just occurred to me the other day, then slipped my mind again.  Let me have a think.

Folks: can we keep the non-George Clooney related discussion to the monthly chit chat?  Thanks
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 05 Jul 2020, 19:30

Got it! The Good German. I can probably live without Leatherheads too.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 05 Jul 2020, 21:16

Sorry, Katie. Sometimes things just get connected. Embarassed  Will definitely try harder!

I've only seen "The Good German" once, quite a while ago and don't remember it very well, so I guess it didn't impress me very much. "Leathernecks " doesn't bother me. It's cute but harmless. The one I'll skip if there's something else to do is "Ocean's 12" - and, depending on my mood- "Up In The Air". It's a great film but sometimes I just find it too depressing.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 29 Jul 2020, 04:43

I would not go out of my way to watch ‘Monuments Men’ again.  Great cast but the storytelling really lacked excitement.  I didn’t find it compelling at all.  It just seemed too conventional for a George directed movie.  

I still haven’t seen ‘The Good German’.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 29 Jul 2020, 06:06

Don't go out of your way to find it. You're not missing much.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 30 Jul 2020, 03:28

Lizzy, I think Katie gave me the same advice a couple of years ago.  Between the two of you I’m convinced Smile
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 30 Jul 2020, 14:43

Very Happy Just to be fair, it isn't a horrible film - not "Killer Tomato" awful, for sure. It just isn't worth going out of your way to watch.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 31 Jul 2020, 21:18

TBH, I think Killer Tomatoes may have been better! Sorry!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 31 Jul 2020, 22:16

lol!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 01 Aug 2020, 03:38

#1 (Tie) O, Brother, Where Art Thou and Hail, Caesar! (plus any future film he does with the Coen bros.

#2 Burn After Reading

#3 (Tie) The Men Who Stare at Goats and Leatherheads

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 01 Aug 2020, 03:43

ps The Good German tried way too hard to be a suspense thriller, when it was really just a character film that somebody got a hold of and tried to elevate with name actors. Didn't work.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 01 Aug 2020, 14:35

Way2Old - No "Good Night and Good Luck"? "Michael Clayton"? (Two of my favorites.) "Out of Sight"?  - or was that a list of your least favorites?

( Hello! Welcome back.)
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 01 Aug 2020, 21:59

Lizzy, did you really think that could be a list of anyone's favorites?  Smile I know they all have their fans, but I wouldn't pick them out of a sale bin at the dollar store.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 01 Aug 2020, 23:39

Way2Old - Very Happy Well. idk. Lots of people really like the movies he did with the Coen brothers. I love the music in "O Brother", and I enjoy the movie - but, then, I'm pretty easy to please. After all, one of my favorite Clooney flicks is FDTD.

I do agree with you about the rest of your list, although I don't find them that bad - just not anything special.

Am I the only one who likes "One Fine Day"?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 02 Aug 2020, 20:36

For me, One Fine Day was a nice, sweet, light comedy but nothing outstanding. Sorry
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 03 Aug 2020, 00:51

No problem. That's pretty much how I think of it. It's just one that I will watch if I see that it's on - unlike some of his other films.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 03 Aug 2020, 15:59

I like One Fine Day. Not great cinema, and very formulaic, but it's entertaining. And George and Michelle P are engaging and easy on the eyes. I also get a kick out of seeing Mae Whitman as a cute little kid. You can tell she's a natural.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 04 Aug 2020, 15:12

1996 - Crikey, it's over twenty years old. Very sweet film and never a dull moment. Really

like it.........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 04 Aug 2020, 16:34

lol! I\'ve got an idea I know why I give it the edge over some of his other so-so movies - IT'S GOT KITTENS! Coolio Wheee! Yahooooo
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 05 Aug 2020, 09:04

Haha!  Fair enuff.  

Can't help thinking that it may have been improved by the additions of a couple of dinosaurs too, though!   Give hearts
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 05 Aug 2020, 16:24

Very Happy "One Fine Day In Jurassic Park"? Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 05 Aug 2020, 18:09

The Sequel......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 06 Aug 2020, 18:56

Just when you thought it was safe to fall in love again . . .

Oh wait, that was sharks, wasn't it?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 06 Aug 2020, 19:22

Way2Old4Dis wrote:ps The Good German tried way too hard to be a suspense thriller, when it was really just a character film that somebody got a hold of and tried to elevate with name actors. Didn't work.
Is it just me, or did this seem like a  major rip off of Casablanca????

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 06 Aug 2020, 19:53

Yup. Although maybe I wouldn't say rip-off so much as pastiche. I think it was meant to be a homage to the old B&W film classics, but just missed by a mile.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 06 Aug 2020, 20:02

Admin wrote:Just when you thought it was safe to fall in love again . . .  

Oh wait, that was sharks, wasn't it?

Sharks, dinosaurs.... potato, potato - same difference! Some things ain't never safe! Very Happy 

PP - Sorry. I don't remember it that well. Maybe Way2Old can help you.

Gotta go look outside, I think every fire truck on the planet just roared past my window!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down