George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George in Tuscany
George Clooney and Sandra Bullock in Alfonso Cuaron's 'Gravity' - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 19:45 by benex

» The Good News
George Clooney and Sandra Bullock in Alfonso Cuaron's 'Gravity' - Page 3 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
George Clooney and Sandra Bullock in Alfonso Cuaron's 'Gravity' - Page 3 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney and Sandra Bullock in Alfonso Cuaron's 'Gravity' - Page 3 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney and Sandra Bullock in Alfonso Cuaron's 'Gravity' - Page 3 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney and Sandra Bullock in Alfonso Cuaron's 'Gravity' - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney and Sandra Bullock in Alfonso Cuaron's 'Gravity' - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney and Sandra Bullock in Alfonso Cuaron's 'Gravity' - Page 3 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney and Sandra Bullock in Alfonso Cuaron's 'Gravity' - Page 3 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney and Sandra Bullock in Alfonso Cuaron's 'Gravity'

+32
adgran
party animal - not!
Astras
Joanna
zizi
Henway
sandwiches
Pari
Cinderella
sadDonkey
dakota007
it's me
macs
cindigirl
Lighterside
pattygirl
Casey
lelacorb
clooneys six
Atalante
laetval
bellybaby
fluffy
lolo"layla"
playfuldeb
blubelle
melbert
watching
lucy
Merlin
Katiedot
sisieq
36 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

George Clooney and Sandra Bullock in Alfonso Cuaron's 'Gravity' - Page 3 Empty Re: George Clooney and Sandra Bullock in Alfonso Cuaron's 'Gravity'

Post by melbert Wed 14 Sep 2011, 03:52

cindigirl wrote:Hi macs, I'm sure this new movie is going to have better graphics than say, Solaris did. I liked Solaris but not because of the story but, well you know................
No Cindi, we DON'T know!!! Tell us all about it girlfriend!!!!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Sandra Bullock in Alfonso Cuaron's 'Gravity' - Page 3 Empty Re: George Clooney and Sandra Bullock in Alfonso Cuaron's 'Gravity'

Post by it's me Wed 14 Sep 2011, 07:07

butt

no but
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Wed 14 Sep 2011, 20:30

Children of men to me WAZZZZZZZZZZ boring and I laughed myself silly with you know whose hairdo,

yeps, Michael Caine's. Very Happy [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Wed 14 Sep 2011, 22:52

i did like Solaris story, i like that being together meant the life for them no matter they alive , they are man and woman" human" or not just being together meant everything for them.
and that is pure fiction !

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Thu 15 Sep 2011, 01:46

Found over on CU - don't know if video can be enbedded -

George Clooney Talks Warner Bros. 2012 Release 'Gravity' (Video)
12:37 PM PDT 9/12/2011 by Lauren Schutte

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Katiedot on Thu 15 Sep 2011, 04:24; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added video - just use 'embed' code and paste into post)

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 15 Sep 2011, 02:05

Thanks sis for the video(s). Especially liked the one where G says he is still upset about losing the part in Thelma and Louise to Brad. Boy he sure knows how to drop the F bomb and gets a laugh out of it.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Sep 2011, 02:10

Thanks for the great vid, Sisieq! I love to hear him talk! I like to see his face! Yummy! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 15 Sep 2011, 06:23

I really love to see and hear him
will never get tired of it....
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Thu 15 Sep 2011, 13:28

It is great to see him relaxed and at ease while being interviewed. This is how interviews should go, The subjects covered are really what most people (not media) want to hear about. I don't think the general public really care about EC, SK, or any other bimbo he's dated. They want to hear about George, his movies and projects, and his thoughts and opinions. That's what charms us all. I love you
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 15 Sep 2011, 19:54

Yeah Right
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 02 Nov 2011, 16:53

Here's an article regarding George's opinion of his new movie Gravity.

cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Sandra Bullock in Alfonso Cuaron's 'Gravity' - Page 3 Empty Gravity- 2012

Post by dakota007 Wed 02 Nov 2011, 16:53

Alfonso Cuaron‘s sci-fi feature Gravity is easily one of my most anticipated films of 2012. The movie, which is Cuaron’s first since Children of Men, centers on “a female astronaut (played by Sandra Bullock) stranded on a space station after satellite debris slams into it and wipes out the rest of the crew.” She then has to find a way to return home. George Clooney plays a fellow astronaut who only features in the first act, but his role is reportedly “pivotal”. Cloooney provided some brief elaboration to USA Today on his role, explaining his and Bullock’s characters “are tethered together, floating through space.”

Clooney also spoke about the challenges in the script (there’s reportedly very little dialogue) and about his first time starring in a 3D movie. Hit the jump for what he had to say. Gravity opens November 21, 2012.

Clooney explained to USA Today that audiences should go in to Gravity expecting a serious sci-fi movie and not an action flick:

“It’s a two-hander with only two actors in the whole film,” he says. “It is a very odd film, really. Two people in space. No monsters. It’s more like [2001: A Space Odyssey] than an action film.”

However, if you’re excited about the prospect of 3D Clooney, Gravity may be your only chance to see him in the format. “It is the first time I’ve been in 3-D,” says Clooney, “and hopefully, the last time.” However, he could end up changing his mind when he sees the final product. “It’s not near ready yet,” says Clooney. “They just showed the first cut to the studio.”
dakota007
dakota007
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey Wed 02 Nov 2011, 17:08

Thank you Cindigirl and thank you Dakota
Funny, you both posted at the same time about the same movie

George doesn´t sound thrilled... hmmm... I hope it will be a good movie. I have confidence in Cuarón. I love his work, especially Children of Men

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Location : Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, Europe, ...

Back to top Go down

Post by dakota007 Wed 02 Nov 2011, 17:22

oh god am sorry i looked but didn't see the orignal thread sorry Katie Embarassed
dakota007
dakota007
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 02 Nov 2011, 17:27

Don't feel bad dakota, I've done that many times in the past. I learned the hard way too. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by dakota007 Wed 02 Nov 2011, 17:37

lol, than I better run awaaaaaaaay.
dakota007
dakota007
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Wed 02 Nov 2011, 20:15

Well... anything with George, I want to see! I bet it will be better than anticipated!
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 02 Nov 2011, 20:18

Well I know I'd love to see George come flying at me in 3D. Eeek!
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Wed 02 Nov 2011, 23:57

no stay and katiedot will fix it never stop dekota !

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Thu 03 Nov 2011, 00:11

oh who 'd miss George Clooney in 3D Love6 Love2

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 04 Nov 2011, 07:46

Definitely not me - I can't wait for this film to be released.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 04 Nov 2011, 07:48

No damage done and I've moved this to the Gravity thread.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Fri 04 Nov 2011, 07:51

Oh I would have loved to watch "The Ides of March" in 3D as well... but then we could not have that here! Smile And the "Perfect Storm"... Oh my goodness!!! That might have been something too! Smile
Pari
Pari
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 04 Nov 2011, 13:28

wow! can they do that?
would be ammmmazing!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 05 Nov 2011, 14:04

In theory yes they can go back and turn a regular film into a 3D one although the film lovers insist that it's not good quality (a bit like musos arguing that mp3 players kill the quality of the music, but for the rest of us it's good enough).

The question is whether they actually would go and do it and the answer is probably not. Only the ones where they can make a lot of money at re-releasing the film will get the 3D treatment. I think they've just re-done The Lion King in 3D haven't they?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 05 Nov 2011, 14:10

well
dunno Embarassed

was it good
or bad?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Sat 05 Nov 2011, 14:21

Yes, you're right, Katie. Also just redid Titanic.
I really don't dig 3D. make me nauseous.
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 05 Nov 2011, 14:24

Titanic? Oh my, don't think I'll go and see that. I took my mum to see it when it first came out and as the ship hits the iceberg my mum (who likes to talk her way through films at the cinema) says out loud: "Oh no! It's sinking!". Half the cinema audience tutted at us and I had to wonder what exactly she was expecting to happen.

Anyway, back on topic, I'm still excited about Gravity. WIsh they'd bring the release date forward so we don't have so long to wait.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 05 Nov 2011, 14:28

George gave an interview about Gravity and he didn't seem to think much about his role in it. That kind of turned me off about the movie, but the thought of him in my face in 3D sounds very appealing. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by sandwiches Mon 07 Nov 2011, 19:03

I hate 3D movies in general. I find most times that it's not necessary and doesn't make the movie any better. I also hate wearing the glasses. I didn't pay a lot of money for eye surgery just to wear glasses at a movie. Razz
sandwiches
sandwiches
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 07 Nov 2011, 19:14

You're absolutely right - the 3D glasses are a pain in the butt. And you have to pay extra for 3D movies. I'm not a fan of it either. The thing about Gravity is that George's character does not apear in it all that much, it's mostly Sandra Bullock's character. I doubt if I'll pay to see it.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Mon 07 Nov 2011, 20:21

I don't care for 3D either! Never have!
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 08 Nov 2011, 00:20

I get car sick, air sick, boat sick, so I certainly don't want to pay to get movie sick!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 08 Nov 2011, 00:25

wot Mel?
don't understand scratch
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 08 Nov 2011, 00:55

People complain that the 3D can make you sick (in your stomach). When I travel, I get motion sickness. So, I think that if I had things flying at me in the 3D movie, I'd probably get sick.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 08 Nov 2011, 01:37

Mel, not even George? For me, he can fly, run, whiz (not that kind) - or anything else he wants to do. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Henway Tue 08 Nov 2011, 22:41

Maybe George does just not like the 3D thing because he was made to wear a very tight fitting one piece body suit outfit in front of a green screen. While wearing it maybe Sandy could not stop laughing at all that was visible threw the outfit and she took photos to get back at being shoved in to a pool. Hey Sandy put the photo’s here we would be glad to laugh also. Hmm is that how they make 3D? oh well if not to bad It makes me laugh. Smile

Henway
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by dakota007 Tue 08 Nov 2011, 23:29

LOL henway!! i think they made it into 3d after shooting it or that what i understood.
dakota007
dakota007
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Tue 08 Nov 2011, 23:57

lol Henway .

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by zizi Wed 09 Nov 2011, 00:35

lol! lol! And your sense of humor made us laugh and I gave you "+" for doing just that. cheers

zizi
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 09 Nov 2011, 03:01

cindigirl wrote:Mel, not even George? For me, he can fly, run, whiz (not that kind) - or anything else he wants to do. LOL

Agreed CindiGirl, but in real life, not the movies. That way, if I get dizzy, he can "catch" me!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Sun 18 Dec 2011, 12:51

Official Synopsis Released For Alfonso Cuaron‘s ‘Gravity’ – Starring Sandra Bullock & George Clooney

JoBlo have got their mitts on this first official synopsis for Alfonso Cuaron‘s (Children Of Men, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban) forthcoming outer-space survival thriller ‘Gravity’ – which stars Sandra Bullock and George Clooney. Details on the film had been few and far between up until to this point. In a recent interview George Clooney had the following to say about ‘Gravity’: “A satellite blows up and space junk causes damage. We go out in space suits, and she and I are tethered together, floating through space.” It’s a two-hander with only two actors in the whole film. It is a very odd film, really. Two people in space. No monsters. It’s more like ’2001′ than an action film. Sandy is the lead. And she is beautiful in it. We have known each for way over 20 years. It’s fun to work with her.”

Here’s the official synopsis Warner Bros provided JoBlo: “Bullock plays Dr. Ryan Stone, a brilliant medical engineer on her first shuttle mission, with veteran astronaut Matt Kowalsky (Clooney) in command of his last flight before retiring. But on a seemingly routine spacewalk, disaster strikes. The shuttle is destroyed, leaving Stone and Kowalsky completely alone–tethered to nothing but each other and spiraling out into the blackness.

The deafening silence tells them they have lost any link to Earth…and any chance for rescue. As fear turns to panic, every gulp of air eats away at what little oxygen is left. But the only way home may be to go further out into the terrifying expanse of space.”

‘Gravity‘ is without doubt one of my most anticipated projects currently in production. Cuaron’s ‘Children Of Men’ was riveting, he really pushed the envelope with that film both visually and technically – I would even go on to say that it’s one of my favourite films of the last decade. The initial pairing for the project was to have been Angelina Jolie and Robert Downey Jr. Then came a protracted series of reversals that saw Jolie leave and come back, and actresses Marion Cotillard, Scarlett Johansson, Blake Lively and Natalie Portman involved with the movie to varying degrees. ‘Gravity’ is set for release November 21st 2012
laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 18 Dec 2011, 14:54

floating in the space completely alone
with no link to Earth…and any chance for rescue

deeply deeply scaring

ending...?

a really difficult movie based on 2 faces only
or flashbacks too?
or something else they didn't say
?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 18 Dec 2011, 14:58

Way back during an interview about Solaris George was asked if he'd like to go into space. He said he wouldn't want to be trapped in a spaceship would like to be able to be free to float. Well, in Gravity, it looks like he got his wish. lol
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 18 Dec 2011, 14:59

huh!

seeeeeu
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 22 Dec 2011, 11:46

It's sounding more and more interesting!

From Reelz.com

Sandra Bullock Discusses the "Isolating" Experience of Shooting Gravity

Posted 12.21.11 by Ryan

After a casting process that took around nine months, director Alfonso Cuarón (Children of Men) finally started shooting his upcoming sci-fi movie Gravity at the end of May with actors Sandra Bullock and George Clooney in tow. A plot synopsis released this week showed why Gravity is reportedly 60% CGI, revealing that the movie follows Bullock and Clooney as two astronauts stranded in space after their shuttle is destroyed.

With the movie wrapped and awaiting release next year, Bullock discussed with MTV what it was like to work on the movie, which was shot almost entirely on a sound-stage. Bullock admitted that "the technology on this movie was so isolating," and hinted at the exhausting conditions she endured during the shoot, Bullock added, "And I have the messed-up back to prove it."

The first day on set, all you see is this large black arm that I realized is what made the cars in Detroit. We called her 'Iris,' and she was on a long track, and there was a cube of lights with this metal contraption in it. They go, "That's the light box where you're going to be." I was either locked in that or strung from a 12-wire rigging system. Everything I did was through audio. We had an earwig system made and we chose sounds that were either ominous or sounded like space.

Gravity is going to be a fairly Bullock-centric movie, as she says that that Clooney was the only other person she had to interact with during the process, adding that, when he left "it was like the great vacuum."

It was isolation like I've never experienced in my life. You just had to let go and commit to that process. It required training and workouts like I never thought I'd be capable of, but you had to in order to sustain what they wanted your body to do.

Cuarón's friend and fellow director Guillermo del Toro has previously described Gravity as "incredibly human, but Kubrick-ian in [its] precision." When Bullock was asked what kind of tone audiences can expect from Gravity, the Academy Award–winning actress couldn't answer.

I don't know — it is going to be so profoundly silent and big and loud. I don't know how to explain it, because I have never seen anything like it. I never experienced anything like it. There are no words in my mental dictionary that can describe what this experience was, but once you see it, you're just going to be like, "Oh my effing God."
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Thu 22 Dec 2011, 17:08

Interesting! And I like Sandra Bullock. She's a great actor!
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 22 Dec 2011, 18:05

It will be either very absorbing or totally boring IMO

Especially when George's character has expired affraid
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 24 Dec 2011, 17:39

Joanna wrote:It will be either very absorbing or totally boring IMO

Especially when George's character has expired affraid
That's so funny Joanna! Not that he "expires", but when I read it, it reminded me of the milk I threw out this morning as it passed it's "expired" date!!!! So George is like sour milk!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 24 Dec 2011, 22:56

ohhhhh Crying or Very sad

please... don't like those jokes Sad

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next