George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George to direct new series 'The Department' EmptyYesterday at 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George to direct new series 'The Department' EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George to direct new series 'The Department' EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George to direct new series 'The Department' EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George to direct new series 'The Department' EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George to direct new series 'The Department' EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George to direct new series 'The Department' EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George to direct new series 'The Department' EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George to direct new series 'The Department' EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George to direct new series 'The Department'

4 posters

Go down

George to direct new series 'The Department' Empty George to direct new series 'The Department'

Post by party animal - not! Mon 06 Feb 2023, 18:01

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

George to direct new series 'The Department' Empty Re: George to direct new series 'The Department'

Post by Ida Mon 06 Feb 2023, 21:34

I thought our boy was supposed to be taking on less projects now that he has children. It sure doesn't look like it, hee hee.

I'm not complaining,  though, for selfish reasons.  I just hope he continues to act once in a while to keep us happy. The directing and producing is nice but I want to see his face. I don't care how old he is!

Ida
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

George to direct new series 'The Department' Empty Re: George to direct new series 'The Department'

Post by party animal - not! Wed 08 Feb 2023, 00:32

I think it's quite hard to figure out whether he just wanted to direct, act or support his fewer commitments given their long lead times. Also because he is responsible for Smokehouse too it's hard to figure out timelines for these new productions

party animal - not!

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 08 Feb 2023, 17:47

I think he's probably taking things one day at a time. If a good project comes his way that he really wants to do, he probably tries to find a way to fit it in.

The kids should be in school pretty soon and Amal can work anywhere and pretty much set her own schedule, so that should free him up to work more.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 08 Feb 2023, 18:42

I really don't think George will ever give up acting .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 10 Feb 2023, 02:53

Looks like this series is likely to be based in France, which would suit George and family

party animal - not!

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 10 Feb 2023, 14:55

PAN - There are an awful lot of companies involved in this project. I wonder who decides where they will film and what their criteria are. It isn't as if it's a film that's done in a few weeks. A series can film for months - even years if it's a success. That has to influence location and casting.

Whoever signs on has to be willing to spend a lot of time in France (if that's the location)- maybe for years. Do you think George will stay with the series for years if it's a hit? I'm really surprised he signed on for something that could be such a long term commitment - unless he's really ready to step behind the camera for good.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 10 Feb 2023, 15:16

Looks to me as if this could be filmed anywhere at any time - all the attachments seem to me to be par for the course when you sit in a cinema watching the credits at the end. 

And he just loves the political!

I'm going to see if I can find a copy of the original - for all we know if it's like Homeland they could be all over the world and it seems that George has links and experience in a lot of places - look at Nespresso! Smokehouse do those too.

My only doubt is that if it was a classy French series it's got to top that or be at least as good

party animal - not!

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 10 Feb 2023, 17:05

PAN - I think location will depend mostly on budget considerations and availability of support crew and production facilities. If it's a limited series it won't matter as much, but if it's going to run for a while they might want a home base for interiors and to avoid transporting crew and equipment as much as possible. Just guessing.

As far as it having to be better than the original, I don't think it applies. How well known is the original outside of France? I'm thinking most people who see this will never have heard of or seen the original series, so they won't be comparing them.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 10 Feb 2023, 23:48

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 11 Feb 2023, 15:49

Wow! That looks great! George will have his work cut out for him to make something at least as good as this looks. It also looks fairly expensive to make. Maybe that's why there are so many companies involved in the production. I hope they give him enough money to make a quality product.

(PS - You just gave me something else to binge watch. I'm not sure I should thank you. Very Happy)
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 11 Feb 2023, 16:40

Ha-ha, Lizzy! Have a quick - or slow - stroll round the block to make yourself feel better!!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 11 Feb 2023, 17:19

Actually, that was my plan for today anyway - before I get down to doing all the stuff I've been neglecting all week. Embarassed I really should thank you, though, because if the series has subtitles like the trailer did it will help me brush up on my French. I haven't used it in ages and I'm really rusty, so...thanks?  scratch Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down