George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George To Direct The Boys In The Boat EmptyYesterday at 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George To Direct The Boys In The Boat EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George To Direct The Boys In The Boat EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George To Direct The Boys In The Boat EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George To Direct The Boys In The Boat EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George To Direct The Boys In The Boat EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George To Direct The Boys In The Boat EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George To Direct The Boys In The Boat EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George To Direct The Boys In The Boat EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George To Direct The Boys In The Boat

4 posters

Go down

George To Direct The Boys In The Boat Empty George To Direct The Boys In The Boat

Post by annemarie Sat 07 Mar 2020, 14:35

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[size=37]Exclusive: George Clooney Set to Direct ‘The Boys in the Boat’[/size]

By Brandon Katz • 03/07/20 8:35am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[size=12]George Clooney has found his next directorial effort. Axelle/Bauer-Griffin/FilmMagic

Despite making his feature directorial debut in 2002, movie fans tend to forget that George Clooney has only directed six films in his behind-the-camera career. Soon, he can add another to his resume.
While the A-lister is in post-production on The Midnight Sky, Clooney has now signed on to direct The Boys in the Boat, MGM confirmed to Observer. The film is a 1930s-set tale centered on the University of Washington’s underdog rowing team. The story will cover their Depression-era beginnings to winning gold at the 1936 Berlin Olympics, beating Nazi Germany’s team rowing for Adolf Hitler in the process. It’s based on the 2013 non-fiction novel The Boys in the Boat: Nine Americans and Their Epic Quest for Gold at the 1936 Berlin Olympics written by Daniel James Brown.
SEE ALSO: Breaking Down What We Know About ‘The Batman’
The Revenant scribe Mark L. Smith, who has also been working on Quentin Tarantino’s Star Trek script, penned the screenplay. Clooney, a two-time Oscar winner, will also produce alongside Andy Mitchell, Milos Brajovic, Kerry Roster and Grant Heslov.
Partnering with MGM on the film is Lantern Entertainment, which acquired the assets of The Weinstein Company in bankruptcy. TWC originally acquired the rights to the book before being sunk by Harvey Weinstein’s sexual assault and harassment charges.
“The themes, characterizations and settings make it a story meant to be experienced on the big screen, and we are honored to be part of bringing it to audiences around the world,” MGM Motion Picture Group president Jonathan Glickman said when the partnership between the two studios was first announced in 2018, per Deadline.
“Collaborating with MGM on Lantern Entertainment’s first production reinforces our commitment to foster productive partnerships anchored by powerful stories we are passionate about,” Lantern co-presidents Mitchell and Brajovic said.
Clooney last directed two episodes of Hulu’s miniseries adaption of Catch-22 in 2019 and the Coen Brothers-penned Suburbicon starring Matt Damon in 2017. His next project, The Midnight Sky, is a science-fiction movie to be distributed by Netflix and based on the novel Good Morning, Midnight by Lily Brooks-Dalton. It’s a post-apocalyptic tale that follows Clooney’s lonely scientist in the Arctic as he races to stop a group of astronauts from returning home to a mysterious global catastrophe.[/size]

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

George To Direct The Boys In The Boat Empty Re: George To Direct The Boys In The Boat

Post by heartlove Sat 07 Mar 2020, 15:23

Sad  happy tears!!!

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

George To Direct The Boys In The Boat Empty Re: George To Direct The Boys In The Boat

Post by LizzyNY Sat 07 Mar 2020, 16:53

So, another directing gig. Looks like he's chosen an increasingly off-screen future for himself. I think it's probably a good move. Directing is something he's really good at and something he likes a lot - possibly more than acting. Remember when he told James Lipton he'd rather be the painter than the paint? And he has said in the past that he doesn't want to grow old on screen. As long as we get to see his face every once in a while I guess I'm ok with it.

Wonder what the timetable is for this one?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Sat 07 Mar 2020, 16:58

Suburbicon was brilliant in my opinion.  Lizzy have you seen Suburbicon?

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 07 Mar 2020, 17:03

Yes. Not a huge fan of that one.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Sat 07 Mar 2020, 17:07

I still think about it from time to time.  About 2 weeks after I saw the movie, someone I did not trust offered me a glass of water, and I would not drink it.

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 07 Mar 2020, 20:11

It's a brilliant book apparently.......

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down