I forgot my password

George to direct and star in Good Morning Midnight Facebo13
George to direct and star in Good Morning Midnight Twitte12
Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George to direct and star in Good Morning Midnight

Go down

George to direct and star in Good Morning Midnight Empty George to direct and star in Good Morning Midnight

Post by party animal - not! on Mon 24 Jun 2019, 21:47

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/george-clooney-netflix-movie-lily-brooks-dalton-novel-1203251704/

party animal - not!
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

George to direct and star in Good Morning Midnight Empty Re: George to direct and star in Good Morning Midnight

Post by Doug Ross on Mon 24 Jun 2019, 21:56

I'm glad he's focusing more on directing and leaving the screenplays to other people.

I sure hope that he'll write a new movie soon, but I like the choices he's making. And this movie is completely different from everything he has directed so far.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

George to direct and star in Good Morning Midnight Empty Re: George to direct and star in Good Morning Midnight

Post by annemarie on Tue 25 Jun 2019, 01:02

George Clooney to Direct, Star in ‘Good Morning, Midnight’ Adaptation for Netflix
By JUSTIN KROLL
George to direct and star in Good Morning Midnight Kroll-e1456451604650

Justin Kroll

Film Reporter@krolljvarFOLLOW

Justin's Most Recent Stories

George to direct and star in Good Morning Midnight George-clooney
CREDIT: IBL/SHUTTERSTOCK

George Clooney has signed on to direct and star in a feature film adaptation of Lily Brooks-Dalton’s novel “Good Morning, Midnight” for Netflix.

Mark L. Smith will adapt the screenplay from the sci-fi thriller, which was named one of the best books of 2017 by the Chicago Review of Books. The post-apocalyptic tale follows the parallel stories of Augustine (Clooney), a lonely scientist in the Arctic, and an astronaut on board the Aether spacecraft, which is trying to return home to Earth, as Augustine races to make contact with the spaceship.

Clooney and Smokehouse Pictures’ Grant Heslov will produce alongside Anonymous Content and Syndicate Entertainment, who sourced the material.

“Grant and I couldn’t be more excited to be involved with this incredible project,” said Clooney. “Mark is a writer we’ve long admired and his script is haunting. We’re thrilled to be working with our friends at Netflix as well.”

The film, which does not yet have a title, will begin production in October.

“Having known and worked with George for over two decades, I can’t think of anyone better to bring this amazing story to life,” said Scott Stuber, head of Netflix’s film division. “The book is powerful and moving, and Mark’s adaptation is beautifully written. At its core, this is a story about human nature, and one that I know our global audiences will fall in love with, just like I did when I read it.”

The adaptation marks Clooney’s first feature film for a streamer and first project with Netflix, though he recently executive produced, appeared in, and directed a few episodes for Hulu’s series adaptation of “Catch-22.” The film also marks his first directing gig since Paramount’s “Suburbicon” in 2017 and the first film he has starred in since 2016’s “Money Monster” for Sony.

Clooney is repped by CAA.

annemarie
Zip a dee Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by kat19 on Tue 25 Jun 2019, 01:07

I'm glad that this project sounds different and has nothing to do with anything political or social justice, etc. I'd like for him to look for more unique material than what he's been doing the last few years, and this sounds like an interesting project. It's also not satire for once, thank god.

kat19
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY on Tue 25 Jun 2019, 14:53

I'm just glad he's working to his strengths - acting and directing. For some reason the projects he and Grant write don't seem to work well.

I wonder how long it will be before this is aired. It sounds interesting.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Clooney: over, above and beyond

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie on Tue 25 Jun 2019, 15:19

With the popularity of small screen streaming and limited series it provides George in some cases a more fitting way of showcasing the type of films that don’t necessarily appeal to huge audiences. The small screen allows him a far more creative and satisfying vehicle.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say on Sun 07 Jul 2019, 11:47

I don’t know ..... playing to his strength or a “correction”....people become too comfortable life gets too easy and peeps look for excitement be that a second job, a new job, a new relationship whatever.... And God laughs and sends in a curve ball .... and suddenly you wish you had never messed with the “norm” ....

Not so much playing to his strengths ... as much as praying the strengths are still there.... ready to be recovered ....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! on Sun 07 Jul 2019, 12:42

What amazes me about any film production is how very many companies, unions, and responsibilities for want of a better word are involved. When the credits go up and you see all this you realise, altho in theory you already knew, what it really  takes and how both George and Grant have evolved to become managing directors of huge concerns involving many many peoples livelihoods. Not bad for a guy from a small town in Kentucky!

party animal - not!
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY on Sun 07 Jul 2019, 14:39

PAN - I think that's why he's so well liked in the industry. He's able to helm complex productions and still manages to ensure that everyone involved is treated well. I'm sure there are many industry professionals who would tell you that isn't always the case with other producers and directors.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! on Tue 09 Jul 2019, 22:15

Felicity Jones to star opposite George...

https://deadline.com/2019/07/felicity-jones-joins-george-clooney-netflix-good-morning-midnight-1202643693/

party animal - not!
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie on Tue 09 Jul 2019, 23:38

[size=37]Felicity Jones Joins George Clooney Netflix ‘Good Morning, Midnight’ Film Adaptation[/size]

By Anthony D'Alessandro, Amanda N'Duka
July 9, 2019 9:51am

George to direct and star in Good Morning Midnight Rexfeatures_10035997l
MediaPunch/Shutterstock
EXCLUSIVE: Sources tell us that Felicity Jones is set to co-star in George Clooney’s untitled Netflix movie which is an adaptation of Lily Brooks-Dalton’s 2016 novel Good Morning, Midnight. Her role is being kept under wraps.
Two-time Oscar winner Clooney is attached to direct and star in the movie which is being adapted by The Revenant scribe Mark L. Smith. The post-apocalyptic drama follows the parallel stories of Augustine (Clooney), a lonely scientist in the Arctic, as he races to make contact with the crew of the Aether spacecraft as they try to return home to Earth.
Clooney and Grant Heslov are producing the pic under their Smokehouse Pictures banner with Anonymous Content and Syndicate Entertainment, who sourced the material. Production is slated to begin in October.
Jones, who received an Oscar nom for her lead performance in The Theory of Everything, stars in Amazon/Mandeville Films’ Tom Harper-directed Aeronautsfilm, out later this year. Her past credits include On the Basis of Sex, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, and A Monster Calls.
Jones’ reps are WME, Independent Talent, and Peikhoff Mahan.

annemarie
Zip a dee Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by kat19 on Wed 10 Jul 2019, 23:32

I like Felicity Jones....I'm assuming she's playing the part of Sully, the astronaut.

kat19
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! on Sun 14 Jul 2019, 23:39

https://www.icelandreview.com/news/george-clooney-to-film-in-iceland-this-fall/

party animal - not!
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie on Mon 15 Jul 2019, 00:50

[size=30]George Clooney to Film in Iceland This Fall[/size]

By Larissa Kyzer
  Posted July 14, 2019 
 In [size=15]CULTURENEWS
[/size]

George Clooney will be filming his next movie in Iceland this fall. Backstage.com reports that Clooney will both star in and direct Good Morning, Midnight, a post-apocalyptic drama based on the 2016 novel of the same name by Lily Brooks-Dalton.
The story follows “two isolated survivors [as they] try to maintain contact to help each other navigate the circumstances.” One of these is Augustine (played by Clooney), a scientist in the Arctic, and another is an astronaut on a spaceship attempting to return to Earth. English actress Felicity Jones will be co-starring in the film, although her role has yet to be confirmed.
The movie is being produced for Netflix and will be filmed in both the UK and Iceland, starting in October. Netflix has a demonstrated fondness for Iceland, both as a filming location and a destination. Several of its notable series were filmed in the country in recent years—Sense8, Black Mirror, and Lost in Space, among them—and the streaming giant also made headlines in Iceland earlier this month when it brought 900 of its employees to the country on a work-sponsored vacation.

Felicity JonesFilmFilmingGeorge ClooneyNetflix

annemarie
Zip a dee Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross on Tue 16 Jul 2019, 21:10

How can he be already ready to shoot? Incredible.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY on Tue 16 Jul 2019, 23:33

They won't start shooting until October. That's almost 3 months from now. Plenty of time to rest up and prepare. Mark Smith is adapting the screenplay, so all George has to do is read it to decide how he wants to direct - and learn his lines, of course! Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum